Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark (24435 Views)

Amaechi's Claims On Recession Under Jonathan, 7,000MW Under PMB False – TheCable / Nigeria Hits 5000MW Generation Mark / We Never Promised 5,000MW Of Power a Year To Nigerians - Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by deehusby60: 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
5000k and we no dey get light for Magodo. maybe na Jos the light dey go
UrennaNkoli:

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by akasueba(m): 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
Eyin eeyan yi, e sote mo niwon, e o ti sote pe to. Bad Belle is not good hope you know it, if not if you to did what to be praise for people will surely mock you instead
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by onyxo76(m): 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
in my area , power has worsened, i hardly even get 3 hrs power supply in a day, and usually from 1-4am , what do i do with that? i no go sleep again?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by OkikeAbiama: 5:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
anonimi:

Yes, I know.
I also know that you make sense. Lots of sense. In fact na ONLY you dey make sense for nairaland. grin grin
Next

How is the Mathsclinic?

Even your friends are questioning your sanity

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by Otunagum(m): 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
All I keep getting is high bills. No light
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by onatisi(m): 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
asEdeyHOT:
This is the kind of thread that brings sadness, sorrow, and confusion to Igbos and wailers

U wont see Onatisi here to talk about his predictions. They will keep moving like familiar spirits in all the 10 Akwa Ibom threads that have hit the FP today alone.

I like the approach of this government, they focus on their work and ignore the 5% IPOB youths

On behalf of the 95% , Baba I hail you. Working systematically and with single minded focus

God Bless Buhari and Nigeria

May God help us heal the heartache of IPOB youths

I pray it isn't another of this administration lies and propaganda,Nigerians will be judge of that but if it is true,then kudos to gej for initiating the power sector reforms and kudos to pmb for allowing the power sector reforms to go on without interfering with it and most of all kudos to fashola for applying common sense in administering the power ministry

Although I smell lies ,but I will wait for Nigerians to express their feelings about this news.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by menxer: 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
Mynd44:
Generating peak huh?

5,000 is nothing to celebrate abeg, we can celebrate when we hit 30,000MW and I can throw away my powerbanks.

For now, a pat on the back and "go and improve" is enough

It's called a milestone, meaning if 30000 mw is the destination we still have some miles to cover, at least it's better to drive in gear 1 than in neutral. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by rottennaija(m): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
scofieldsimba:
5000 what?

I no get light for my hood for like 3 days now..

GO check your transformer if it is still working
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
scofieldsimba:
5000 what?

Where do you live? Sure you people have a functioning transformer in that area?
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by dannewlife(m): 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
They told us the same story 25 years ago !

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by misreal(m): 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
scholes0:
Chaaai... Power improved drastically after Buhari took over, wailers said it was because the dams were full from the rains.
Now, the country's power generation has hit a new peak, despite gas / pipeline vandalism and sabotage efforts from enemies of progress....

I am waiting for what they will attribute this new feat to..... Maybe they will say it is harmattan dust.
you are funny.... grin
scholes0:
Chaaai... Power improved drastically after Buhari took over, wailers said it was because the dams were full from the rains.
Now, the country's power generation has hit a new peak, despite gas / pipeline vandalism and sabotage efforts from enemies of progress....

I am waiting for what they will attribute this new feat to..... Maybe they will say it is harmattan dust.
you are funny....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by oluwasegun007(m): 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
dat great, but can u pls go back to 40000, because I hardly get lit for up to 3hrs since d tin rich 5000
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by JayZ55: 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
abbey621:

Please where did you get 300 million from? I'm interested to know the source last time I checked the figure stood at less than 190 million add 10 million for unaccounted entities and we have about 200 million, oga u can lie o grin grin grin grin. Furthermore do you know how much electricity Brazil consumes compared to Nigeria? This is the true basis of comparison not power generation.
oga how will we consume electricity like Brazil when we don't have electricity like brazil, we don't even have at all! Gen noise pollution dey frustrate me for this lousy country. Buhari should please work and work fast, i need to feel this change cos me I need am, not all this paper talk here and there!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by Butty: 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
Is this even worth mentioning?, as a country, We need about 33,000 Mw, here we are, only 5,000 Mw is being celebrated. May God liberate us from backwardness.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by 4Tees: 5:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
ayindejimmy:
I don't know what you guys are saying o! But here at ijegun we have 2 days ON 1 day OFF. However for those 2 days we're ON we don't get 12 hours power.

Same story in my hood in Baruwa. It's a sad story for light. Never ever reliable! The 2 days ON, the max time you'll have light is average 4 to 5 hours (if at all you do). And when you are supposed to be OFF, sharp sharp before 10am they have removed the cut-out!!
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by jidxin(m): 5:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
UrennaNkoli:

lalasticlala
faaaashola u ve started lying abi ....hmmnnnn 5k my fooot no lite here since ystrday
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by mikeapollo: 5:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
UrennaNkoli:

lalasticlala

Nonsense! All propaganda to give a fake impression and deceive people.
To hell with your megawatts. After all the light is not available for us, and the rate has been increased unjustifiably

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by Bluffly: 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
UrennaNkoli:

lalasticlala

Yet supply isn't better.Nevertheless, are we sustaining it or just fo us to say well done because it is useless if it is not sustained and improved upon
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by Emmagrail(m): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
If its true then it is gewd news. although in uniport area, the power situation has improved for some time now
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by ernecy(m): 5:47pm On Feb 04, 2016
DropShot:
Great!

Congrats to patriotic citizens who understood that the Ineffectual Buffoon was not an option in the last election. If not, Nigeria would have been put up for sale as we speak.

Watch wailers and IPODs come here to shout "propaganda" as if they've been permanently programmed to be deaf, dumb and daft at the same time.
Mr Zombie do you know I have not had light for the pass 3 days, and am very sure that you have 24 hours light despite this claim.
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by drss(m): 5:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
DropShot:
When you see known wailers viewing this kind of thread and passing without commenting, then you know that they feel saddened by the good news.

Why will some people just decide to be sadistic just because of election loss? Why will news that should naturally make sane persons happy cause sadness if not that something is genetically wrong with them?

grin cheesy

Lalasticlala Obinoscopy Seun
which good news u call mere 5,000mw good news
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by Daraph(m): 5:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
drsteroid:
Its obvious,cos for the past 3days our light hasn't gone off,even thou we are on 33kva line which makes the power supply in my area stable,but we have never had uninterupted power supply for three straight days before..Thumbs up to the FG and the Power stakeholders..
Its still a pity that we are celebrating a meagre 5000mw power supply as a Nation,but we will get there.I believe Fashola and this present Govt will really bring smiles to the faces of Nigerians with steady Power supply before the end of this Govt's tenure.

That your expression is incorrect sir,

There is nothing like light gone off/light has gone instead you can say the power never quenched/the power hasn't been interrupted..... Enjoy your day sir!
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by gentyolu(m): 5:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
scofieldsimba:
5000 what?

...den leave ur hood and come to nigeria...I tink ure out of the map....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by DropShot: 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=drss post=42619947]which good news u call mere 5,000mw good news[/quote
And the Ineffectual Buffoon could only manage to leave us with less than 2k mw after 5 years?
Where is you guys common sense?
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by DropShot: 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
[s]
ernecy:
Mr Zombie do you know I have not had light for the pass 3 days, and am very sure that you have 24 hours light despite this claim.
[/s]
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by Reference(m): 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
Good to know. Bit by bit we will get there. We can see that the worst private business is better than the best government enterprise. You can only imagine if NEPA had been privatised in the 80's. So what are we still doing with the NNPC. Sell the damn thing now. Its unimaginable what one would have been if NITEL remained your friendly phone company. SIM Card: 100k. Minimum Recharge card: 10k. Phone lines: 3 million. (1 line for you and your lineage), Call drop: 80%. Internet: subject to the approval of the presidency. Nairaland: banned. Scandals: Nitelgate 300 billion, SIMgate 700 billion, registrationgate 1 trillion, submarine cablegate 2 trillion, gateway gate 1 gazillion. Think its a joke. Look at the petroleum sector.

Why are we so slow in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by agog: 6:01pm On Feb 04, 2016
May God bless this administration, milestones is being achieved in the power sector. Since Sunday (5 days ago) light has been constant in my area. Also recently a factory close to my office was off the generator one afternoon and i thought they are not working until i look up and saw that the smokestack on the roof were rolling..... they were on electricity!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by piagetskinner(m): 6:02pm On Feb 04, 2016
YET THERE IS NO LIGHT IN KWARA STATE
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by joseph1832(m): 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
Mizmycoli, ecoterrors/ecoterrorism/eterrors/provacatuer I just want to ask how you guys are doing?

Shey da da ni? wink
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by zudozz: 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
And I dont have light in my area.
Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by bigpastor(m): 6:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
I know God will help Fashola!
In just 3 months we are already breaking grounds.
We have almost 7.5 years ahead to transform Naija.
I live in Wilmer Olodi and work in Victoria Island in Lagos .
In both locations we are already seeing improve electricity supply.
Ya gazie!!!!!!
Naija go better by fire , by force.
And no weapon fashioned against Naija shall prosper!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Hits 5,000MW Power Generation Mark by akwarandu(m): 6:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
Storey for the gods

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo’s Speech At The Platform: 10 Things We Learned From The Vice President / Grazing Law: Emir Sanusi, Miyetti Allah Boss Thumb Up Fayose / President Buhari Arrives Daura, Katsina State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.