Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! (1983 Views)

Browse Free On Your Pc...... I Will Configure It Remotely / Plsss Help!!! How Good Is An Hp Elitebook 6930p Compared To Hp Compaq 6910p?? / Pls I Need Hp Touchsmart Tm2-2050us Recovery Cd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by Temix(m): 8:55am On Jul 02, 2009
please i have a problem with my system. I just got an hp touchsmart notebook pc and i can't seem to find the bluetooth facility or even if it has.but the system is so advanced with touchscreen and everytin,manufactured dis year, so i find it hard 2 believe it doesnt have bluetooth, i dnt ve d manual or packet with me. Please do u have any suggestions
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by lynxnoon(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2009
Look 4 d wifi button (shud b in front close 2 d mic jack), almost all hp notebooks hv blutoot & wifi runnin on 1 button
Cheers
By d way hw much did u get d tablet? Tinkin of getn 1 too.
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by Temix(m): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2009
@lynxnoon, i already tried dat button it just says "wlan on" then if i try 2 search 4 bluetooth devices, dere is nothing there. I didnt buy it myself, popsi did but i think he got it 4 about 230k, do i now nid a bluetooth adapter?
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by lynxnoon(m): 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2009
If switchin on d button shows only "WLAN ON" & doesnt show "BLUETOOTH ON" den it doesnt hv blutot instald & u may nid 2 buy an adapter. Dere r intanal & external but i'd advice u 2 buy d extanal, its usually very small & flat & nt expensive. D intanal wud require technical expeqtise(dat is if deres even space allocated on d pc), quite costly & if nt done by an expert, ur popsi wil eat u raw oh!!!
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by Eebrahym(m): 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2009
See buddie, there is every possibility that it has no bluetooth so don't worry yourself. Buy bluetooth hardware, its just like a flash drive but smaller, and enjoy!
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by Carshopper(m): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2009
check d computer properties or device manager and look for if wld show d bluetooth modem, or run dxdiag to check d system properties.not all tx comes with bluetooth internally
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by texazzpete(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2009
I'm pretty sure it comes with bluetooth inbuilt.
I really hope your dad didn't pay 230k for it, though. The HP Tx tablets are nothing to write home about, both in terms of hardware and reliability.
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by lynxnoon(m): 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2009
texx u r rite oh,,,,,,,,,,,,i tink its abt N190-200k now & dropping
as per notin to writ home about,,,,,,,,,,,can u giv more details ? cos i was tinking of gettin it any time soon undecided
tnx
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by flyuche(m): 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2009
@lynx. i advise you to get a lenovo thinkpad from the T series. can get one for u
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by texazzpete(m): 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2009
The highest end model is the Tx2, and it costs N180k in comp villa.
The TX series is plagued by hardware reliability issues. Users forums are often inundated with users complaining. I personally know three people with either motherboard failures, screen issues or Dvd rom stops working.

The hardware is typically a dual core AMD cpu clocked at 2.0 - 2Ghz. Not a match for the more powerful Core 2 Duos. also the graphics card is relatively weak for 3D gaming.
it's also rather heavy for a tablet, and the tablet features are not enough to justify the cost.

For the same amount, you can easily snag a far more powerful laptop Core 2 duo laptop with better reliability, bigger screen and more powerful hardware.
if you really want portability, the same dough can snag you a decent dell for N120k and an acer Aspire One netbook for 60k.

Just my two cents worth.
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by lynxnoon(m): 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2009
@tex
tnx for d info,,,,,,,,,,may go for lenovo afta much research sha(hv always bin skeptical abt dis hp touchsmart tablet undecided)

@flyuche
hw much is it now?
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by flyuche(m): 10:04pm On Jul 05, 2009
lynxnoon:

@flyuche
hw much is it now?
it depends on your budget.
i personally own a lenovo Thinkpad T400. cost me approx. £1000. got it in UK.
i don't like my screen too small or big, so i settled for a 14 incher and i like a lappie i can carry around effortlessly with a battery life of about 5hours!
i use a lot of business softwares so i chose a powerful processor: intel core 2 duo P8600, 2.4Ghz clockspeed, 1066Mhz FSB. 320GB HDD. switchable graphic.(ATI discrete video card plus intel integrated video card)
rugged build, spill-resistant key board, touch light(thinklight) etc. The machine is just tight.
for about £730 you could get a lenovo thinkpad R series which share almost the same features as the T series.
anyway do your research, and let me know.
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by lynxnoon(m): 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2009
@flyuche
one more tin, b4 i start my research
hw does ubuntu or mint fare on it? wink wink
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by flyuche(m): 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2009
@lynx what do  you expect? with a machine like that Ubuntu was flying! just some drawback. the fingerprint reader doesn't work, switchable graphic doesn't work, you have to make the switch from the BIOS., and some useful properiety thinkpad software i love don't work in linux sad
i learnt that openSUSE and Fedora have the fingerprint driver.
linux works great with thinkpads. IBM(lenovo) has long supported linux in thinkpads.
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by lynxnoon(m): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2009
no probs,,,,,,,,,,,lets see hw it goes wink
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by xxVictorxx(m): 10:25am On Jul 06, 2009
I used Pavillion dv4 1000ea,  I brought it early this year,  I saw the advert here,  The price was 135k,  I saw the description,  Bluetooth was mention, but i got home with my new machine testing all the functions,   I was trying to send a image from my pc to phone via redtooth bluetooth but it says,  THE BLUETOOTH ADAPTER IS NOT CURRENTLY  PLUGGED IN,  PLEASE PLUG IN THE BLUETOOTH ADAPTER AND TRY THE TASK AGAIN,  That was the message i always get when trying to transfer anything from my pc via Blustooth,  I can the person that sell the machine for me and tell him abt the problem, he stupidly say it was remove and the bluetooth adapter is also for sale too, i para for the man as mushin boy and end the call, since i knw that bluetooth is nt that importance to me. I even forget to ask abt the price tongue tongue This has happen to me two times,  1,  when i help a friend of mine to buy a system from CV. and my own,  Atlease i dont need Bluetooth asfar i press botton grin grin grin
Re: I Just Got An Hp Touchsmart Notebook Pc,i Can't Find The Bluetooth. Help! by gk4real(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2009
How far with your research? I live in Los Angeles, California and have shipping affordable laptops to Ninja for 3 years. i have reliable contacts in Lagos and PH that you can verify. I can help with your computer needs. You can e-mail me at info@reliabletips.com and also check my website at www.reliabletips.com/computers.html. You can check my earlier post on affordable Laptops.

gk4real

(1) (Reply)

Mtn 500mb - @300 Mtn 1gb - @550 Mtn 1.5gb - @850 Mtn 2gb - @1100 Mtn 2.5gb @1 / Lenovo Thinkpad T480s (24gb Ram, Core i7, 8th gen) 2018 Edition / Dell G3 15 3500 Gtx 1660ti 512gb Ssd Core I7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.