Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? (92997 Views)

Video: Gulf Of Alaska Where Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by djraymy(m): 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
fabiomatic:
they will not wanna hear. but the fact is; Qur'an contains what sciences can't explain.
quran that believe the earth is flat
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
[quote author=Jostico post=42630268]all you have to do is respect God.[/quotehe

He who still doubts should @ least die first, when he returns he will believe after he/she has ecountered the spiritual ream.
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by feldido(m): 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
azeeza:
In Lokoja, River Niger and Benue flow pari-pasu without mixing up.

You are wrong, both Rivers are fresh water, so they can mix
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by vhatpweetygurl(f): 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
In the hey days of barbeach such existed if anyone ever pass in between those stones the water from barbeach didn't mix wit that of the carnal. I just knew god is faithul gus a pity now n
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by datigbogirl: 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Holywizard:
this kind of wonders are in my village where a black stagnant water dont meet our main stream{ (Eze-Iyi), in English, Water king}. Legend has it dat dey re two enemies & their spirits dnt rapour. If u shud pour de different waters into a container, dey will separate & if it shud be in a bottle & u shake it, de bottle will bust. Spirits still dey exist

the bottle - bursting phenomenon is a myth
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by blazer234: 11:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
MarvelJ:

Noble Verse(s) 55:19-55:22
Yusuf Ali:
[055:019]  He has let free the two bodies of flowing water, meeting together:

[055:020]  Between them is a Barrier which they do not transgress:
[055:021]  Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?

[055:022]  Out of them come Pearls and Coral:
Arabic (from right to left):

‏55:19 مرج البحرين يلتقيان
‏55:20 بينهما برزخ لايبغيان

‏55:21 فباي الاء ربكما تكذبان
‏55:22 يخرج منهما اللؤلؤ والمرجان

The Holy Quran is not only full of miracles but it is a miracle in itself. In its verses Allah, the Supreme Creator (or God Almighty) has invited all intelligent human beings to ponder over His marvelous creations and gain knowledge. Modern science is discovering slowly the events/objects that have been revealed to Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) over 1400 years ago through the Holy Quran.
One of such great miracle is the meeting of two oceans/seas in such a way that they flow side by side, or even within each other, but they don’t mix and mingle. In many places around this world there are two masses of sweet-water and salt-water flowing side by side at the same place but without mixing or mingling with each other

The Quran was copied from the bible. Dont forget the bible is over 4000 years older than the quran.
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by Holywizard: 11:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
hahn:

How can we meet and arrange the experiment and record the video of the outcome so we can post it online to educate Nigerians?
my guy, i just ve to bliv me bt de prob is since i ve been warned i shudnt be doing dat again. In my villa, there re still customs & traditions we dnt joke wit
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by benji93: 11:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
As much as there is no doubt that God created everything out of nothing, he created a mechanism, its this mechanism that Science tries to explain thus generalizing it other phenomena. Science has samples the various combination of a component with other substances and afterwards predicts that a scenarion must take place if that component combines with another. Science as per the limit of human intellect is the truth.So if someone tries to explain why two ocean meet but do not mix, try to understand his reasoning, if you cannot ignore it, no one is preventing you from expressing your opinion, people with like minds will understand one's scientific explaination and discuss it. In fact this is probably one way to keep this thread active, if you only opine that its the mystery of God's creation, well you are not wrong, but the discussion ends there, and you must note that science to a large extent does not explain exceptions it explains generalities, though in some cases exceptions encountered still remain connected to the generalities, so that link could become an explaination.If someone expresses a scientific proposition, it does not mean he does not believe in God, attempt to understand it, or if it does not make sense to you ignore it, it might make sense to others.We are what we think of ourselves. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by mickey45: 11:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Holywizard:
this kind of wonders are in my village where a black stagnant water dont meet our main stream{ (Eze-Iyi), in English, Water king}. Legend has it dat dey re two enemies & their spirits dnt rapour. If u shud pour de different waters into a container, dey will separate & if it shud be in a bottle & u shake it, de bottle will bust. Spirits still dey exist

And have you ever tried this yourself? mix both waters in a bottle and see it burst?
if not, Ensure try it when next you go visit your villa.
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by Femich18(m): 12:23am On Feb 07, 2016
feldido:
We have lots of that in the Niger delta, fresh water and salt water don't mix.

I've been hearing dt stuff since when I was a kid...some even said if both waters are put in a bottle dey ll segregate or break d bottle .Bt pls how true is ds or is it just mere myth?
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by MarvelJ: 1:14am On Feb 07, 2016
blazer234:

The Quran was copied from the bible. Dont forget the bible is over 4000 years older than the quran.

Any MUSLIM who criticise the bible is not a true muslim. It was once the word of God almighty. Im nt sure abt now after the reviews in it. But you can never see a quran thats been review brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by blazer234: 1:16am On Feb 07, 2016
MarvelJ:

Any MUSLIM who criticise the bible is not a true muslim. It was once the word of God almighty. Im nt sure abt now after the reviews in it. But you can never see a quran thats been review brother.

Are you referring to the Holy bible or the Quran... The review ish?
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by Nobody: 4:42am On Feb 07, 2016
tenderlaw:

My good man, why don't you use google one of these days? It doesn't kill, you know. I'm sure it'll rather cure most of this stupidity you were born with.

Shut the fvck up with your Google shiit. Some things are beyond human understanding but the whites would still come up with scientific nonsense and people like you would accept the nonsense. Then explain to me why river niger and benue don't mix at lokoja.

Mtcheeew.

1 Like

Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by feldido(m): 7:29am On Feb 07, 2016
Femich18:

I've been hearing dt stuff since when I was a kid...some even said if both waters are put in a bottle dey ll segregate or break d bottle .Bt pls how true is ds or is it just mere myth?

We'll I don't know of the bottle myth, but I've seen one in bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by dwebwalker(m): 7:33am On Feb 07, 2016
fadario:

Shut the fvck up with your Google shiit. Some things are beyond human understanding but the whites would still come up with scientific nonsense and people like you would accept the nonsense. Then explain to me why river niger and benue don't mix at lokoja.

Mtcheeew.

hehehehe.

5 bottles of star, 10 red wine and a jar of palm wine for you
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by africandictator(m): 8:30am On Feb 07, 2016
if waters could not mix, then why should races meet? Please I encourage everyone on this platform to shun interfacing mixing.
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by flexybee89: 8:45am On Feb 07, 2016
Its one of Allah's miracles and it has been written in the Quran before its discoverd. Since 1400 years ago
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by Kennisch: 9:21am On Feb 07, 2016
dwebwalker:
The problem with science is, they want to have answers to everything and most times they are wrong...

something's can't be explained... simple

Sorry bro, but this one has a logically clear explanation; its not a theorem, its something that you can scientifically reproduce in the lab based on the contrasting chemical and physical properties of the waterbodies.
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by hahn(m): 9:21am On Feb 07, 2016
Holywizard:
my guy, i just ve to bliv me bt de prob is since i ve been warned i shudnt be doing dat again. In my villa, there re still customs & traditions we dnt joke wit

That'ls easily solvable. We'll take the samples of the rivers in different containers and carry out the experiment outside your village. What's the name of your village?
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by dwebwalker(m): 11:17am On Feb 07, 2016
Kennisch:

Sorry bro, but this one has a logically clear explanation; its not a theorem, its something that you can scientifically reproduce in the lab based on the contrasting chemical and physical properties of the waterbodies.

We are entitled to our opinion, but know this no white man created water, they found it and this was because someone (God) was wise enough to create it, you knowing why they don't mix is not the answer, they didn't create themselves that way, someone made them so....

To people like Tenderlaw, if not for Google, I believe that skull in ur head will be empty.

#Common sense.... Water was created not by the white man but as part of creation.

Africa is backward because they are not ready to work hard, they are lazy and give up easily #Most-African's grin
Kennisch:

We are entitled to our opinion, but know this no white man created water, they found it and this was because someone (God) was wise enough to create it, you knowing why they don't mix is not the answer, they didn't create themselves that way, someone made them so....

To people like Tenderlaw, if not for Google, I believe that skull in ur head will be empty.

#Common sense.... Water was created not by the white man but as part of creation.

Africa is backward because they are not ready to work hard, they are lazy and give up easily #Most-African's

1 Like

Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2016
dwebwalker:

hehehehe.

5 bottles of star, 10 red wine and a jar of palm wine for you

Yezzire
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by fabiomatic(m): 12:41am On Feb 08, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Yea, Like how the earth is flat.
read the thread, you have been answered.
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by fabiomatic(m): 12:42am On Feb 08, 2016
djraymy:
quran that believe the earth is flat
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by djraymy(m): 12:55am On Feb 08, 2016
fabiomatic:
qoute me on that
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by Bimpe29: 10:13am On Feb 08, 2016
GloryIsaac:

No offense, but i've seen it on news that some ppl shout this stuff before detonating bombs ... whats the meaning .. or are you one
You are On Your Own.
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 08, 2016
Bimpe29:
You are On Your Own.
grin grin grin .. but how
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by fabiomatic(m): 5:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
Akosxxx:
1. Earth made as a carpet The question refers to a verse from the Qur’an in Surah Nuh: "And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out)." The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 71, Verse 19 But the sentence in the above verse is not complete. It continues in the next verse, explaining the previous verse. It says: "That ye may go about therein, in spacious roads." The Holy Quran, Chapter 71, Verse 20 A similar message is repeated in Surah TaHa: "He Who has made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels)...." The Holy Quran, Chapter 20, Verse 53 The surface of the earth i.e. earth’s crust is less than 30 miles in thickness and is very thin as compared to the radius of the earth which is about 3750 miles. The deeper layers of the earth are very hot, fluid and hostile to any form of life. The earth’s crust is a solidified shell on which we can live. The Quran rightly refers to it like a carpet spread out, so that we can travel along its roads and paths. . .
TO DESCRIBE THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH “And the earth, moreover, hath He made egg shaped.” [Al-Qur’an 79:30] The Arabic word for egg here is dahaahaa1 which means an ostrich-egg. The shape of an ostrich- egg resembles the geo-spherical shape of the earth. Thus the Qur’an correctly describes the shape of the earth, though the prevalent notion when the Qur’an was revealed was that the earth was flat.
djraymy Idrismusty97
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by fabiomatic(m): 5:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
Akosxxx:
1. Earth made as a carpet The question refers to a verse from the Qur’an in Surah Nuh: "And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out)." The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 71, Verse 19 But the sentence in the above verse is not complete. It continues in the next verse, explaining the previous verse. It says: "That ye may go about therein, in spacious roads." The Holy Quran, Chapter 71, Verse 20 A similar message is repeated in Surah TaHa: "He Who has made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels)...." The Holy Quran, Chapter 20, Verse 53 The surface of the earth i.e. earth’s crust is less than 30 miles in thickness and is very thin as compared to the radius of the earth which is about 3750 miles. The deeper layers of the earth are very hot, fluid and hostile to any form of life. The earth’s crust is a solidified shell on which we can live. The Quran rightly refers to it like a carpet spread out, so that we can travel along its roads and paths. . .
TO DESCRIBE THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH “And the earth, moreover, hath He made egg shaped.” [Al-Qur’an 79:30] The Arabic word for egg here is dahaahaa1 which means an ostrich-egg. The shape of an ostrich- egg resembles the geo-spherical shape of the earth. Thus the Qur’an correctly describes the shape of the earth, though the prevalent notion when the Qur’an was revealed was that the earth was flat.
djraymy Idrismusty97
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by blueAgent(m): 11:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
Science can only explian certian things. like how water is composed of oxygen and hydrogen. but have never explianed to us how oxygen and hydrogen came into existence.
athesist morons pls give me answers

God is Supreme

1 Like

Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by blueAgent(m): 11:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
[quote author=tenderlaw post=42629816]This is easily explained by the presence of seaweed which gives d green shoreline its colour. D dark blue areas are the sudden drop in depth of d land shelf. Just a little geography can do wonders, people. There's no superstition

God designed it that way.

God is Awesome.
Re: Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
blueAgent:
Science can only explian certian things. like how water is composed of oxygen and hydrogen. but have never explianed to us how oxygen and hydrogen came into existence.
athesist morons pls give me answers

God is Supreme
If till today you do not know how hydrogen and oxygen came into existence then you are a certified mor0n and your education was a complete waste of time and money!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hungry Hyena Carrying Severed Head Of Zebra In Its Mouth In South Africa (Photo) / Baby Monkey Clinging To Dead Mother In Lion's Mouth (Graphic Photos) / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.