Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

How A Beggar Tricked Me And Other Lagosians - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Beggar Tricked Me And Other Lagosians (1085 Views)

Chinese Woman Tricked By Nigerian Boyfriend Into Carrying Drugs Finally Released / Anambra Female Beggar Pretending To Be Burnt With Makeup Escapes Jungle Justice / "How Thief Stole My Phone And Still Tricked Me Into Debt" - IG User Narrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Beggar Tricked Me And Other Lagosians by Edigrows: 12:14am On Feb 05, 2016
I'll go straight to the point,
On my way back from work, there's this usual bus stop I pass to Lagos-Badagry express way where I take bus heading to Mile2/Festac.
2 weeks back, I was heading home that night but before I boarded a bus, a strange man walked up to me speaking English that he was on his way to church vigil but he doesn't have enough T.fair, he made it clear to me that he was going towards Ijesha area, probably so i will give enough money, I looked at him, he dressed casual with a bag under his armpit (which I supposed contained his Bible), I dipped my hand into my pocket and gave him more than enough cash that will take him to his destination. Fastward to today, this night, same bus stop but along another lane I was walking to board a bus, somebody tapped me from behind asking for alms, I saw his face and to my dismay shocked shocked shocked it was the same man! I said to myself, wait, this face looks familiar, in fact, i was certain the second time he used the same formular as the first, "I am going to vigil, pls help me, I dont have enough T.fair..."
I wanted to act like a typical angry Naija guy, i been wan change am for d crook and i nearly cursed him, but I controlled my anger, i stopped walking, i kept calm, looked into his eyes and replied him, I SAID I DONT HAVE angry angry , in confusion he walked away.
I hope not to meet him again, I won't take it lightly the 3rd time. angry

1 Like

Re: How A Beggar Tricked Me And Other Lagosians by Xclusivegrin007(m): 12:18am On Feb 05, 2016
Ok[b]Ok[/b]Ok
Re: How A Beggar Tricked Me And Other Lagosians by khristals(m): 12:20am On Feb 05, 2016
lol...

I've been in a somewhat similar position before..

that moment of range when it occurs to you that you've been tricked!
Re: How A Beggar Tricked Me And Other Lagosians by omotayo9177: 12:41am On Feb 05, 2016
That one na his own business spot/joint... The man fit dey nairaland sef dey read dis tyn now. Op don spoil hin market
Re: How A Beggar Tricked Me And Other Lagosians by Edigrows: 9:48am On Feb 05, 2016
omotayo9177:
That one na his own business spot/joint... The man fit dey nairaland sef dey read dis tyn now. Op don spoil hin market
market abi? and i guess he is making much from it, that's why he can't quit anymore. am sure his days are numbered, he should continue while it lasts undecided
Re: How A Beggar Tricked Me And Other Lagosians by Flexherbal(m): 10:32am On Feb 05, 2016
This is why some people don't give money to beggars
Re: How A Beggar Tricked Me And Other Lagosians by oglalasioux(m): 1:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
Beggars play with our emotions to play out their laziness. There are so many disabled people out there doing very useful things to better themselves and the society.
Re: How A Beggar Tricked Me And Other Lagosians by dada01(m): 4:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
Its really getting out of hands.

But I advice that you rather ignore him next time and not take any action that could cause harm to u or d "begger".

Come to think of it, we cant just blame d poor man for what he is doing since we dont know what he's been through.

#PEACE
Re: How A Beggar Tricked Me And Other Lagosians by AkProsper(m): 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
They are every where with different format

(1) (Reply)

. / Suleja Flood Destroys Town After Heavy Rain (VIDEO) / How Murdered Unical Lecturer Wrote About His Assassination Some Months Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.