Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife (10349 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / Not In Love With My Wife Anymore! / Lady Who Left Her Hostel At Gbagada For A Party On The Island Missing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
sassygal:
Is yomibabe based in Abuja? I love the simplicity of the 2nd cake, the blush and brown color one

I no sure o. Make I ask her
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by cococandy(f): 6:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
I like this thread cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by Deejavuu(f): 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
Awww i like cheesy
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 4:16am On Feb 06, 2016
I have to finish all the planning before Thursday next week. Going on a 3 month project and won't have time. So when its near the D day I will come to this thread and implement. Update in next post
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 4:30am On Feb 06, 2016

Fish barbecue √ 50k local vendor.Happiness
DJ/ home theatre system √ free. Me or a friend
Ice creams for kids √ free. friend
Wines√ 10k. Shoprite
Chicken Grills. 20k No vendor yet.
Small chops Yomibabe or 12 Baskets ..? How much?
Gizdodo√ 10k?. No vendor yet.
Canopy and chairs √ 10k. Local vendor confirmed
Chapman 60cups √ 24k . No vendor yet
Water for 40 persons . 2k shoprite
Juice/Alcohol for 40 persons 12k shoprite
Cake . Yomibabe . what size? How much?
Donuts etc for 15 kids. 5k

Total so far 153k
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by sassygal(f): 7:20am On Feb 06, 2016
ForFun:

DJ/ home theatre system √ free. Me or a friend
Wines√ 10k. Shoprite
Chicken Grills. 20k No vendor yet.
Small chops Yomibabe or 12 Baskets ..? How much?
Gizdodo√ 10k?. No vendor yet.
Canopy and chairs √ 10k. Local vendor confirmed
Chapman 60cups √ 24k . No vendor yet
Water for 40 persons . 2k shoprite
Juice/Alcohol for 40 persons 12k shoprite
Cake . Yomibabe . what size? How much?

Total so far 153k

Cool
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by aghaibiam(f): 7:46am On Feb 06, 2016
Budget 18k for cake could be 3k less.
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by Eketem: 9:46am On Feb 06, 2016
First of all bless you for making the attempt to put a smile on madams face many people don't put in the work but demand so much from their spouses.

For Chapman call Grace, she catered for my wedding she can also do asun and others. Fair warning tell her the event is two hours ahead of the real time. She is good but can be late
0703 106 2848

1 Like

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by yomibabe(f): 1:22am On Feb 07, 2016
sassygal:

Cool
pls let's chat on 09020209929
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by Naveedah(f): 5:57am On Feb 07, 2016
Me likey cheesy
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by edwife(f): 9:21am On Feb 07, 2016
ForFun:
I have to finish all the planning before Thursday next week. Going on a 3 month project and won't have time. So when its near the D day I will come to this thread and implement. Update in next post

For the chicken grill, why don't you make it fun for the ladies.You and your friend can grill the chicken-say like a home barbecue.
You only need a grill and the rest is up to you and the boys.Y'all be serving the ladies. cheesy

You buy 4-5 chickens (frozen) and cut them into part-marinade with (a bit of garlic,chilli,salt,ginger,thyme,tomato paste and mustard).
In this case,you will still keep the fish barbecue hot on the grill.If you have a fryer,you can make potato chips and plantain.
Ketchup and mayonnaise on the table.

I quite understand that this could be a bit of a work for Naija guys but it's very unique and fun too.Y'all can be drinking beers around the grill while catching up.The ladies can just relax. Less expensive too.

I have loads of idea for parties like this,salads and some sandwiches- you good to go!

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by sassygal(f): 9:52am On Feb 07, 2016
edwife:

For the chicken grill, why don't you make it fun for the ladies.You and your friend can grill the chicken-say like a home barbecue.
You only need a grill and the rest is up to you and the boys.Y'all be serving the ladies. cheesy

You buy 4-5 chickens (frozen) and cut them into part-marinade with (a bit of garlic,chilli,salt,ginger,thyme,tomato paste and mustard).
In this case,you will still keep the fish barbecue hot on the grill.If you have a fryer,you can make potato chips and plantain.
Ketchup and mayonnaise on the table.

I quite understand that this could be a bit of a work for Naija guys but it's very unique and fun too.Y'all can be drinking beers around the grill while catching up.The ladies can just relax. Less expensive too.

I have loads of idea for parties like this,salads and some sandwiches- you good to go!

I'd buy into this idea, if it was for a fun, relaxing day out with a couple of friends, 10 at most. But when you have a gathering of 50, with kids involved, you need to be able to whip up the chops as fast as possible too. You are also assuming the op has the time and patience.

I love the idea but it's not practical for nigerian parties.
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by sassygal(f): 9:53am On Feb 07, 2016
yomibabe:

pls let's chat on 09020209929

Hi.my number is on my signature
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by edwife(f): 10:03am On Feb 07, 2016
sassygal:

I'd buy into this idea, if it was for a fun, relaxing day out with a couple of friends, 10 at most. But when you have a gathering of 50, with kids involved, you need to be able to whip up the chops as fast as possible too. You are also assuming the op has the time and patience.

I love the idea but it's not practical for nigerian parties.

You could be right but i did have a party like this only that the ladies did the grilling.I had like 7 ladies helping and it was a party of 60 peeps there about. I had anything grill-able,from sausage,samousas,coconut rice,skewers just name it!

I had a long table and displayed all the food in platters for service.The kids had what you call small chops(sandwiches,cup cakes,ice-creams,carrot and cucumber sticks as well as fruits sticks).

It was different and people really loved it. cheesy

That is why i said it could be a bit of work for naija peeps grin.

Your idea is a good one for him then.Thanks. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by bece: 10:51am On Feb 07, 2016
@ Forfun I can take the stress off you .Am based in Abuja and we specialize in outdoor catering service.from finger food to cocktails. Unique birthday cakes,desserts,local Nigerian dishes,continental .
We draw up a good menu for you ,give u good service for every penny
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
edwife:

You could be right but i did have a party like this only that the ladies did the grilling.I had like 7 ladies helping and it was a party of 60 peeps there about. I had anything grill-able,from sausage,samousas,coconut rice,skewers just name it!

I had a long table and displayed all the food in platters for service.The kids had what you call small chops(sandwiches,cup cakes,ice-creams,carrot and cucumber sticks as well as fruits sticks).

It was different and people really loved it. cheesy

That is why i said it could be a bit of work for naija peeps grin.

Your idea is a good one for him then.Thanks. smiley

Aha! i wanted to say that you are not in Naija,

A good Idea though, but i dont want to mess up the day with such a gamble, me no sabi grill, though i can learn but not for this instance, thanks a lot for contributing.
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
bece:
@ Forfun I can take the stress off you .Am based in Abuja and we specialize in outdoor catering service.from finger food to cocktails. Unique birthday cakes,desserts,local Nigerian dishes,continental .
We draw up a good menu for you ,give u good service for every penny

I see people are still missing the point, so i will state it again, This is not stress for me at all, infact its is fun and i am sure the day will be fun filled, this what i want for Nairalanders to help me plan a small party for my Love, and i am sure we will achieve success at the end of the day, i don't need any event planner etc. if you are a vendor and you price is competitive please comment here, @yomibabe, please comment here, there is noting to hide, lets just have fun guys.

Sassygal and all that have contributed i am grateful.

i have some free time today so i will do as much work as possible on this.
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
Please Apart from stomach infrastructure, what else can make the day fun!

any form of entertainment for such parties?
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by Onegai(f): 8:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
ForFun:
Please Apart from stomach infrastructure, what else can make the day fun!

any form of entertainment for such parties?

Well, people usually have lots of energy, are you and your friends open, jovial types? You could make it a Kiddie-Party for adults. Be a proud agbaya.

Mother-and-Daughter ten-ten match. Father-and-son Lime and spoon relay race. Dancing chairs for the adults (the older kids will control the dj). Get 4 of her friends to come up and tell a story from her past. When she's cutting her cake, give everyone a small amount of confetti (packets of it should be sold in markets not too expensively) and let the. throw it in the air (it will make a wonderful picture). Gele-tying competition for the husbands. And madam should wear a gold crown all through the party (just like a kid would). Get a big white shirt and have everyone sign it when they come, so you can have a keepsake rather than cards she'll throw away.

Let me think of some more ideas...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
Onegai:

Well, people usually have lots of energy, are you and your friends open, jovial types? You could make it a Kiddie-Party for adults. Be a proud agbaya.

Mother-and-Daughter ten-ten match. Father-and-son Lime and spoon relay race. Dancing chairs for the adults (the older kids will control the dj). Get 4 of her friends to come up and tell a story from her past. When she's cutting her cake, give everyone a small amount of confetti (packets of it should be sold in markets not too expensively) and let the. throw it in the air (it will make a wonderful picture). Gele-tying competition for the husbands. And madam should wear a gold crown all through the party (just like a kid would). Get a big white shirt and have everyone sign it when they come, so you can have a keepsake rather than cards she'll throw away.

Standing ovation...wow. There is much u have written here already. Will get to work on them. At this junction do we need an MC?

Thanks so much for the ideas
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by bukatyne(f): 11:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
cococandy:
I like this thread cheesy

Me too

How are you and family?

Is she here? cheesy
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by Fhemmmy: 11:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
I didn't take time to read the entire thread but couple of questions:
1. Do you have kids?
2. Must it be within your compound?
3. Do you have friends that would be willing to travel out of your comfort zone on a vacation for even just a weekend?
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by cococandy(f): 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
bukatyne:

Me too

How are you and family?

Is she here? cheesy
We are fine.
thanks darling

Almost.... cheesy
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by yomibabe(f): 11:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
sassygal:

Cool
hi. am female. lol. Yomi is unisex. here is my price list. (1)grilled chicken for 50(300 each) 15k (2)chops samosa, springroll,puff and stick meat for 50(290 per pack) 14,500 (3) gizidodo for 50(150 each) 7500 (4) Chapman for 50(300 per glass) 18k (5) donut for 15 kids(100 each) 1500 (6) cake 10 inch is 7000,11 inch is s 8000,12 inch 9500, 14 inch is 12000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by sassygal(f): 12:20am On Feb 08, 2016
yomibabe:

hi. am female. lol. Yomi is unisex.
here is my price list.
(1)grilled chicken for 50(300 each) 15k
(2)chops samosa, springroll,puff and stick meat for 50(290 per pack) 14,500
(3) gizidodo for 50(150 each) 7500
(4) Chapman for 50(300 per glass) 18k
(5) donut for 15 kids(100 each) 1500
(6) cake 10 inch is 7000,11 inch is s 8000,12 inch 9500, 14 inch is 12000

Hi, I'm not the host, @Forfun is.
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 3:39am On Feb 08, 2016
Fhemmmy:
I didn't take time to read the entire thread but couple of questions:
1. Do you have kids?
2. Must it be within your compound?
3. Do you have friends that would be willing to travel out of your comfort zone on a vacation for even just a weekend?

Yes 2 kids.
Not necessarily... But using another venue will increase the stress on my wife cos of my kids

Yes I have friends that can show up...lovely idea
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 3:45am On Feb 08, 2016
yomibabe:

hi. am female. lol. Yomi is unisex.
here is my price list.
(1)grilled chicken for 50(300 each) 15k
(2)chops samosa, springroll,puff and stick meat for 50(290 per pack) 14,500
(3) gizidodo for 50(150 each) 7500
(4) Chapman for 50(300 per glass) 18k
(5) donut for 15 kids(100 each) 1500
(6) cake 10 inch is 7000,11 inch is s 8000,12 inch 9500, 14 inch is 12000

Aha. Ekabo wink

For the small chops I prefer chicken to stick meat, and each should have 4 puff puff

For the Chapman what sort of glass?

For the chicken what is the size?

For the cake.lets do 14inches. My wife like chocolate cake with little sugar. Soft and no nuts or those round things inside.

Thanks for coming onboard
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 4:00am On Feb 08, 2016

DJ√ 15k
Wines√ 10k. Shoprite
Chicken Grills. 20k yomibabe..has to be grilled on site.
Small chops. 15k Yomibabe
Gizdodo√ 7.5k. Yomibabe
Canopy and charis √ 10k. Local vendor confirmed
Chapman 60cups √ 18k ice Cold
Water for 60 persons . 3k shoprite
Juice/Alcohol for 50 persons 12k shoprite
Cake . 14 inches 12k Yomibabe .

Total so far 177.5k
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by Fhemmmy: 4:37am On Feb 08, 2016
ForFun:

Yes 2 kids.
Not necessarily... But using another venue will increase the stress on my wife cos of my kids

Yes I have friends that can show up...lovely idea

With the kids, will be hard to take her away to give her a surprise party with friends being there too..... so you will have to end up doing at the house then....
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by ForFun: 6:51am On Feb 08, 2016
Fhemmmy:

With the kids, will be hard to take her away to give her a surprise party with friends being there too..... so you will have to end up doing at the house then....

cry yes
Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 08, 2016
Best thread so far on nairaland, your wife is a very lucky woman to have someone like you doing all this.

7 Likes

Re: Help Me Plan A Party For My Wife by veave(f): 9:38am On Feb 08, 2016
Onegai:

kiss kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For The Married Folks: What Happens When The Novelty Wears Off? / Pls Advice Me, My Parents Do Not Approve My Proposed Marriage Plans. /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.