Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) (31548 Views)

In This Scenario, What Would You Teach Your Child? / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age / Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by adren(m): 7:35am On Feb 05, 2016
The world is rapidly evolving and so are the inhabitants thereof.. it is no mere gainsaying that kids of nowadays develop and grow rapidly into adults and most times we wonder how time flies..
However, unlike their foreign counterparts, most nigerian parents are reluctant to teach and orientate their kids on driving lessons.
Driving is a skill which if acquired, is improved upon over time before the driver can become an expert at it..
So dear nigerian parents who can afford a car, highlighted below are reasons why you should teach your kids to drive before they reach full puberty.

1. freedom of expression: nigerian parents' head swell when their young ones make them proud but only little of them gives room to aid their kid's expression and courage.
imagine a 22 year old asking NLders how to toast a fine girl in his street wtf!!!
please, driving lessons can boost your child's morale and physical skills because kids are naturally born to be eager to learn new things..

2. emergency cases: i once heard a story of a woman who wanted to give birth.. her cell phone was down, her husband was away from the country, it was just she, 4 cars in her garage and a 12 year old who couldn't drive.. unfortunately, she died..
i heard another story too of a man who, while driving to his hometown with his 9 year old kid got an heart attack, it was that boy who bravely drove his dad to the hospital and saved his life ( it is no mere fiction, i saw it on a national daily)..
now, what does the two stories above preach to you??

3. sweet sixteen: in UK, when you are about to clock sixteen, excitements fill your heart because you are either gon get your own car or you are gon have full access to your parents'..
reverse is the case here and it is quite unfortunate.. even if you can't afford to buy your kids one on their birthday or you do not have one of your own, take them for driving lessons and obtain driver's license for them 'with faith'.. trust me, it is the best present for a sixteen year old..

4. sheer embarrasment: in this age, it is now more embarrasment for a teenager who can't drive than for a fully grown woman who can't cook ordinary soup..
yes..it is true
she can cover up her mess by buying food outside or employing others to, but you can't hide the fact that you can't drive..
infact, it makes you lazy and awkward..

5. job opportunities: evidently speaking, some firms require those with driving lessons.. driving is a whole skill on its own..

My dad's boss wanted to send me a message when i was 15 year old..he asked, could you drive?? i answered no.. he was just shaking his head in pity for me.. then, he asked his 13 year old girl to drive me to get the assignment done..
i had regrets from that trip, i am sure i'd have been paid a lot of money if i had acquired driving skills earlier..

Nairalanders, abeg come and share your driving meme and awkward experiences..

What age did you learn to drive??

Ever been embarrased by your lack of driving abilities?? please share

temitope steve reporting

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 7:40am On Feb 05, 2016
Sometimes I just laugh when I hear Nigerian parents especially dads say dey can't allow their children to drive until they be like ova 22years or smth.

People get involved in accidents everyday, both the skilled and unskilled.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Femco2016(m): 7:51am On Feb 05, 2016
Teenage driving on Nigerian on roads? No way....we dont obey traffic, is the answer..... Its only in Nigeria that someone is making a reverse on round about....tell me.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by ladyF(f): 7:52am On Feb 05, 2016
Teach your kids how to drive at 15? The human being that made the minimum age18 wasn't in his right senses? Some people sef, this is so not safe!

Why don't you let him fly an airplane? angry

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 7:53am On Feb 05, 2016
ladyF:
Team Your kids how to drive at 15? The human being that made the minimum age wasn't in his right senses? Some people sef, this is so not safe!

Why don't you let him fly an airplane? angry
darling, alot of kids are driving in d united states! My cousin started driving when she was 16!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by ladyF(f): 7:54am On Feb 05, 2016
Cutehector:
darling, alot of kids are driving in d united states! My cousin started driving when she was 16!
Hmmm a kid at 15 driving? Some kids will still be so short, their legs won't' get to the pedals . I strongly disagree luv kiss

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 8:00am On Feb 05, 2016
ladyF:

Hmmm a kid at 15 driving? Some kids will still be so short, their legs won't' get to the pedals . I strongly disagree luv kiss
I never said all kids who are fifteen years ought to be driving.

Of course yes some won't be able, but that doesn't mean the others who are capable shouldn't be taught how to drive.

I see myself as going to be a very good dad cheesy and a very modern one as well, am goma teach my kids myself how to drive at age 18. Am also gona teach dem hw to be self dependent at that age too. Give them small tasks to do while dey get paid so they learn the value of money.

It's more like the "blackish" movie kind of family wink

10 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by adren(m): 8:04am On Feb 05, 2016
a nairalander shared this..
i cannot help financially but maybe selling my plot of land to him can...

Please nairalanders, with tears in my eyes i need ur help financially to help my mum and my 4 younger sisters who are about to be thrown out of the house due to the fact that our house rent has expired. My uncle that was always helpin us with 85% of the rent money is paralysed in the hospital for months now. My mum is a caterer and she earns just 20k to feed 5 people in the house. The small money she saves is for my school needs since am about to write jamb this year which is not even upto N20,000 in her account. Our hope was on my late dad's pension money. But we haven't gotten anything from PENCOM. They told us we were going to recieve alert last year..but till now we haven't heard from them. Itz very serious now, the landlord has threaten to kick us out of the 2 rooms he gave us. Please i beg good hearts to help us. The house rent for a year is N94,000. I'm just ashame of seeing my mum beg people for money everyday. I can't stand the shame and i can't tell her to stop either. Please i beg u, please, please cover our unclothedness. We have suffered enough. God bless your kind heart(s) Amen. We live in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. I will drop my number if necessary
cc Godzlove8
please help a bro..
he's human just like we are..
would be disastrous if his sisters ends up as sluts to make ends meet..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 8:07am On Feb 05, 2016
adren:

dear ladyF.. please wake up..
we are no longer in the generation of eba, akpu and solid pap from when you were born..

now it is custard, oat, salad and chocoloate generation which undoubtedly spurs growth hormone and makes a 13 year old kid looks 25 year old..

here is an example..
manchester united's player martial is 19..
May the force be with u brother cool

15 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by ladyF(f): 8:36am On Feb 05, 2016
Adren and Cutehector....

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. However, all these ones una dey talk na story. NONE of my kids will get behinds the wheels of a car before they turn 18. If they don't like it, they should force themselves to like it. Whether Ronaldo joined Man U at 2 years or whatever, dat one no *consign* me.

I'm going to be a very protective mom, they have their whole lives to be driving cars and whatever they want to drive, but for someone less than 18, knowing how to handle an automobile is not on the list of my top 10 priorities for your life at that point!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 8:45am On Feb 05, 2016
ladyF:
Adren and Cutehector....
Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. However, all these ones una dey talk na story. NONE of my kids will get behinds the wheels of a car before they turn 18. If they don't like it, they should force themselves to like it. Whether Ronaldo joined Man U at 2 years or whatever, dat one no *consign* me.
I'm going to be a very protective mom, they have their whole lives to be driving cars and whatever they want to drive, but for someone less than 18, knowing how to handle an automobile is not on the list of my top 10 priorities for your life at that point!
Cutehector:
I never said all kids who are fifteen years ought to be driving.
Of course yes some won't be able, but that doesn't mean the others who are capable shouldn't be taught how to drive.
I see myself as going to be a very good dad cheesy and a very modern one as well, am goma teach my kids myself how to drive at age 18. am also gona teach dem hw to be self dependent at that age too. Give them small tasks to do while dey get paid so they learn the value of money.
It's more like the "blackish" movie kind of family wink
aren't we on d same page?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by ladyF(f): 8:50am On Feb 05, 2016
Cutehector:
aren't we on d same page?
Ohh it's only Adren then angry

Them go bash him car finish grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 8:52am On Feb 05, 2016
ladyF:

but you are saying 15 na
chei why do ladies have this constant characteristics of twisting words?

I sighted examples where kids who are abroad learnt how to drive at a very young age, even also gave my female cousin who stays abroad as a example dat she learnt nw to drive at age sixteen

I further went to conclude dat I will teach my kids hw to drive at age 18.

Now darling, please show me where I insisted dat kids must learn how to drive at age 15
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by frodobee: 8:53am On Feb 05, 2016
Whatever rocks your boat. When there was no car, our grannies survived. Families that had no car, still lived- and most times happier.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 8:54am On Feb 05, 2016
ladyF:

Ohh it's only Adren then angry

Them go bash him car finish grin
lol a lot of experienced drivers bash their cars. So whether experienced or learner, no one is safe. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by ladyF(f): 8:55am On Feb 05, 2016
Cutehector:
chei why do ladies have this constant characteristics of twisting words?

I sighted examples where kids who are abroad learnt how to drive at a very young age, even also gave my female cousin who stays abroad as a example dat she learnt nw to drive at age sixteen

I further went to conclude dat I will teach my kids hw to drive at age 18.

Now darling, please show me where I insisted dat kids must learn how to drive at age 15
lol no vex, I only remembered the 15 part grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 8:56am On Feb 05, 2016
ladyF:

lol no vex, I only remembered the 15 part grin
lol so tell me, what typ of kunu did u drink this mornin? cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by ladyF(f): 8:58am On Feb 05, 2016
Cutehector:
lol so tell me, what typ of kunu did u drink this mornin? cheesy
I need to go and ask the mama that sold it. She must have spiked my kunu angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 9:00am On Feb 05, 2016
ladyF:

I need to go and ask the mama that sold it. She must have spiked my kunu angry
oh yeah.

Urm hope u'v Nad forgotten abt dat stuff.. I thought I should remind yu.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by ladyF(f): 9:19am On Feb 05, 2016
Cutehector:
oh yeah.

nah, not forgotten. Can't wait. grin kiss
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by tonie123: 9:23am On Feb 05, 2016
Cutehector:
oh yeah.

Lol she dn forget.... she has a....... already.

Parkwell tongue
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 9:25am On Feb 05, 2016
ladyF:

nah, not forgotten. Can't wait. grin kiss
lol. cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 9:27am On Feb 05, 2016
tonie123:

Lol she dn forget.... she has a....... already.

Parkwell tongue
jealously reeks all over u brother. If u must knw, I had to remind her about the seminar I invited her for in my church.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by adren(m): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2016
ladyF nor know anything..

i can bet you are from bere in ibadan like lalasticlala..

if you won't mind, make i introduve you to blackberrybabes make u sef port to posh VIP life like seun..

cutehector.. u better no allow ladyF come ur church..
i don warn you ooo
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Cutehector(m): 9:51am On Feb 05, 2016
adren:
ladyF nor know anything..

i can bet you are from bere in ibadan like lalasticlala..

if you won't mind, make i introduve you to blackberrybabes make u sef port to posh VIP life like seun..

cutehector.. u better no allow ladyF come ur church..
i don warn you ooo
lol adren pls dnt talk abt ladyF like daht, she is a nice gal. wink
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by tonie123: 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2016
Cutehector:
jealously reeks all over u brother. If u must knw, I had to remind her about the seminar I invited her for in my church.

Hahahahahahahahahahh..... sinner man runs, wen no one is pursing,did I say anything
I no knw say e go pain u, no vex....lol

Choi my guy take a chil pill, lol......

grin grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Rukkydelta(f): 5:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
Speechless
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by RichYoungNigga: 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
In USA, you can't drive a car till you're16.
But in Nigeria, you can drive a car even if you're 12 and people in Nigeria are so smart, they don't learn how to drivd.
Your dad or mum or friend buys a car, the next thing is to drive it in the Yard, before you now it, they go begin dey drive interstate.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by rollUP(m): 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2016
Started driving automatic at d age of 16 without going to driving school or anyone teaching me I just used experience from lot of car racing game but I bash d car oo during dis process .

Just learnt manual last year. Omo e no easy o. Na automatic sure pass

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by magicminister: 10:19pm On Feb 05, 2016
Cutehector:

STORY!!
she only got a driver's permit.
this means she cannot drive without someone with a driver's license in the car.
That is like learner's permit in naija!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by BE811APP: 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2016
15?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) by Lordaweezy: 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2016
This is actually an illegal thing to do. If the child is being taught how to drive a car at that age he/she will ultimately attempt an adventure with the car with can sometimes lead to serious consequences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Twin Musicians, Tagwayen Asali, Wed Identical Twin Sisters On The Same Day / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room / Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.