Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

I Respect Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Respect Igbos (5980 Views)

Why I Respect Atiku – Fani-kayode / I Respect Obasanjo But He Introduced Bribery To The National Assembly-melaye / I Respect Tinubu, I Will Meet Him Soon, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Respect Igbos by leke12(m): 9:08am On Feb 05, 2016
I Am a complete yoruba man but I respect this tribe because of their biz acumen. No tribe is comparable to them, I work in Lagos and I know what am saying. Nigerians need igbos more for our economic development.

In other news....
Not been tribalistic...most igbos are criminals

6 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by Cutehector(m): 9:10am On Feb 05, 2016
Of course u should cheesy.

3 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 05, 2016
leke12:
I Am a complete yoruba man but I respect this tribe because of their biz acumen. No tribe is comparable to them, I work in Lagos and I know what am saying. Nigerians need igbos more for our economic development.
high blood pressure loading

1 Like

Re: I Respect Igbos by darkenkach(m): 9:32am On Feb 05, 2016
Sharap you are an igbo man..

11 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by justice2016: 9:37am On Feb 05, 2016
darkenkach:

But he is saying the truth every body knows

17 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by chriskosherbal(m): 9:41am On Feb 05, 2016
Serious man
Re: I Respect Igbos by Anyi2015: 9:43am On Feb 05, 2016
y r u shutting him up coz he said d truth

7 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 05, 2016
darkenkach:
Have you checked your blood pressure?

21 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by tonychristopher: 9:50am On Feb 05, 2016
why shut him up? It seems that truth is a bad thing In Naija......NAWA

1 Like

Re: I Respect Igbos by fulanimafia: 9:54am On Feb 05, 2016
I imagine we would not hear a word if the richest and most successful business man in Africa, Aliko Dangote, was Ibo.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Respect Igbos by cheruv: 9:56am On Feb 05, 2016
leke12:
The bold is what a foreign correspondent said in a documentary on the war I watched sometime ago...that the Nigerian govt recognize that Igbos are very talented and the country desperately needs their talents.
So I now ask myself, how can you say you value a people when at the slightest whim massacre them in their millions not minding the fact that you had already visited on them the greatest genocide in Afrika

7 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by SonOfEl(m): 10:08am On Feb 05, 2016
fulanimafia:
I imagine we would not hear a word if the richest and most successful business man in Africa, Aliko Dangote, was Ibo.

We know dangote's wealth has political trappings in it. Igbos rose from the ashes and pangs of war to become successful again.

Despite the economic and political sabotage thrown at igbos, we still survived and today, we Stand tall. Germany and Japan ( though properly funded by US) rose from the ashes of war to stand tall today.

All your rich alhaji are political bootlickers, so save your speech.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Respect Igbos by AshiwajuFoward: 10:11am On Feb 05, 2016
fulanimafia:

Imagine o? It's like saying that the economy of the entire country is dependent on a tribe of traders ? ? Fine, igbos are skilled traders but no need exaggerating this. Not all Igbos are trading inclined -- the Imo and Enugu folks for examples prefer more educational/administrative/professional proficiency, while the Ebonyi axis prefers to focus more on Agric. The Anambra and Abia axis are the predominant traders of the group. Hausas also have traders, skilled ones too. The ijebus and Ogbomosho folks are well known and skilled traders as well. This overhyping is becoming ridiculous and reeks of desperation for relevance.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Respect Igbos by Topeakintola: 10:17am On Feb 05, 2016
This is what the OP said last year

Is this what they teach you at Eckankar? And how is the Tiens mega business going?

leke12:
As a yoruba man I have no problem with the SS, we both enjoy good relationship and historical benevolence. Like the people of warri,benin,ijaw and co, but the problem of this country are igbos, na dem cause civil war, na dem start the military coup(agonyi ironsi) and now they are blaming everybody especially yoruba for jona failure for re-election as if jona is an igbo. Igbos are to greedy for power and they will never get to the top ladder as long as they encourage secessionist and tribalism. Every tribes voted for goodluck in 2011 from west to north and south and the same pple vote him out and u are complaining??

10 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by AshiwajuFoward: 10:21am On Feb 05, 2016
Topeakintola:

Well my guy, in his defense, I think the only constant thing in life is change, meaning he can always change his view/position on any subject. The problem I see in his submission is his gross exaggeration. No be only igbos get traders or businessman and Nigeria's economic prosperity and survival is not dependent on the group as he erroneous posited.

1 Like

Re: I Respect Igbos by leke12(m): 10:22am On Feb 05, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

Imagine o? It's like saying that the economy of the entire country is dependent on a tribe of traders ? ? Fine, igbos are skilled traders but no need exaggerating this. Not all Igbos are trading inclined -- the Imo and Enugu folks for examples prefer more educational/administrative/professional proficiency, while the Ebonyi axis prefers to focus more on Agric. The Anambra and Abia axis are the predominant traders of the group. Hausas also have traders, skilled ones too. The ijebus and Ogbomosho folks are well known and skilled traders as well. This overhyping is becoming ridiculous and reeks of desperation for relevance.
bros! Yorubas are simply jealous, if u knw alaba and trade fair wella u will knw we are no match. Even the chinese prefer doing biz with them

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Respect Igbos by fulanimafia: 10:24am On Feb 05, 2016
SonOfEl:

[s]We know dangote's wealth has political trappings in it. Igbos rose from the ashes and pangs of war to become successful again.

Despite the economic and political sabotage thrown at igbos, we still survived and today, we Stand tall. Germany and Japan ( though properly funded by US) rose from the ashes of war to stand tall today.

All your rich alhaji are political bootlickers, so save your speech.[/s]

3 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by leke12(m): 10:24am On Feb 05, 2016
Topeakintola:

Is this what they teach you at Eckankar? And how is the Tiens mega business going?

religion has nothing to do with my personality, am simply not a religious person

1 Like

Re: I Respect Igbos by SonOfEl(m): 10:27am On Feb 05, 2016
[quote author=fulanimafia post=42638485][/quote]

Mumu, go and investigate the billionaire who mainly funded PDP and obasanjo presidency in 1999. Kalu was a self made billionaire before venturing into politics in 1998/1999.

1 Like

Re: I Respect Igbos by babyfaceafrica: 10:28am On Feb 05, 2016
The OP is mischievious,that said he said nothing new,everyone knows igbos know how to do business well...so its an open secret,but the OP last sentences is hyperbolic ,we all need each other.God bless Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by leke12(m): 10:29am On Feb 05, 2016
darkenkach:
ode ni e, omo ekiti kete nimi, iyen odeni ki ma so oto....aki ni igi logba kama mon eso e. Iye difa fun awon aje okuta ma momi yi pe ni idi owo sise, wo pegede.

2 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by AshiwajuFoward: 10:32am On Feb 05, 2016
leke12:
bros! Yorubas are simply jealous, if u knw alaba and trade fair wella u will knw we are no match. Even the chinese prefer doing biz with them

I'm sorry but you sound ignorant. This isn't about jealousy but rather about terminating your ignorance lest it spreads. Please what sort of 'business' goes on at Alaba and Trade fair? TRADING in what? Electronics, Dvds, and to a lesser extent pirating local and foreign works. Your problem is your blanket statement of misrepresenting trading as though it is the only form of business practice. Agric sef na business. Please shey na igbos dominate am? What is the contribution of their trading dominance as you claim on Lagos and National GDP? You don't know what you are talking about bro.

6 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by leke12(m): 10:33am On Feb 05, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
The OP is mischievious,that said he said nothing new,everyone knows igbos know how to do business well...so its an open secret,but the OP last sentences is hyperbolic ,we all need each other.God bless Nigeria
if we want economic development we need one another but igbos are essential

5 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by babyfaceafrica: 10:37am On Feb 05, 2016
leke12:
if we want economic development we need one another but igbos are essential
everyone is essential,no one is bigger than the other,thast why I said you are mischievous,you are placing them above others,there is no justification of that,we all contribute our quotas to make Nigeria what it is

6 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by SonOfEl(m): 10:39am On Feb 05, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

I'm sorry but you sound ignorant. This isn't about jealousy but rather about terminating your ignorance lest it spreads. Please what sort of 'business' goes on at Alaba and Trade fair? TRADING in what? Electronics, Dvds, and to a lesser extent pirating local and foreign works. Your problem is your blanket statement of misrepresenting trading as though it is the only form of business practice. Agric sef na business. Please shey na igbos dominate am? What is the contribution of their trading dominance as you claim on Lagos and National GDP? You don't know what you are talking about bro.

Dude, there is trading evident in banking, entertainment, oil and gas, agriculture, retail and wholesale enterprise, stock market trade, forex, and etc, so what's your freaking point? Your objection does not change the facts, igbos dominates in most trades/businesses if not all.

7 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by leke12(m): 10:40am On Feb 05, 2016
AshiwajuFoward:

all ur aforementioned were done without Govt support with good policies they will producing @ international standard.

9 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by leke12(m): 10:43am On Feb 05, 2016
The only thing that can develop dis country fast is trading, since we have enuf ports scattered arund dis country. Dubai is case study

4 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by AshiwajuFoward: 10:51am On Feb 05, 2016
SonOfEl:

Dude, there is trading evident banking, entertainment, oil and gas, agriculture, retail and wholesale enterprise, stock market trade, forex, and etc, so what's your freaking point? Your objection does not change the facts, igbos dominates in most trades/businesses if not all.

Yinmu. You people dominate in importation and sale of substandard stuff, I give that to you. But beyond that you don't dominate shyt! You don't dominate in industry, you don't dominate in Agric. Check the list of non-oil revenue generating streams for Nigeria and then come back tell me where you all dominate. Smh.

https://www.naij.com/499136-see-much-nigeria-earned-non-oil-commodities-2014.html

According to the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) data, Nigeria earned a total sum of $2.4bn from the exportation of cocoa, rubber, and other non-oil commodities within the 2014 fiscal period.

The NEPC estimates show that cocoa exports with a total amount of $666.45m accounted for the highest non-oil export earnings, followed by raw hides, skins and leather with $487.97m.

Oil seeds, grains and plant/straw – $389.78m; aluminium, $113.35m; tobacco, $109.05m; tins, $96.32m; edible fruits and nuts, $75.24m; rubbers, $70.03m and footwear, $62.89m. Others are copper, $59.6m; fish and crustaceans, $55.68m; plastics, $54.63m; lead, $46.65m; nickel, $27.35m; cottons, yarns and woven, $21.87m.

5 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by SonOfEl(m): 10:51am On Feb 05, 2016
mcvaeey:
Op the only things igbos are good at, are icriminal activities, peddling of hard drugs, baby making factories, ritual killings, cannibalism, armed robbery, kidnapping, fake drugs and products etc.

Thank you very much....insecure loser.

5 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by mcvaeey(m): 10:53am On Feb 05, 2016
SonOfEl:

Thank you very much....insecure loser.
same to your father.

2 Likes

Re: I Respect Igbos by leke12(m): 10:53am On Feb 05, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
everyone is essential,no one is bigger than the other,thast why I said you are mischievous,you are placing them above others,there is no justification of that,we all contribute our quotas to make Nigeria what it is
sure! But in economic growth igbos are More essential. U talked about agriculture, who import those agro allied chemicals an equipment?u talk about education, who import those textbooks?u wear Armani and D&G, who imports those? IGBOS!!! And when it comes to export of farm products they are there too

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Elections: CAN Declares Jan 10, Day Of National Prayer / O.M.G Checkout The Church Built By Rochas The Imo House Chapel Really Great / Here Is How Deziani Madueke's Son Spend's Nigeria's $$$ - Cramjones (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.