Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Some Traffic Tips To help, during the Lagos Marathon on the 6th of February. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Some Traffic Tips To help, during the Lagos Marathon on the 6th of February. (1104 Views)

4 Tips To Help You Become Free Of Your Every Addiction / Ugandan Man Watches Woman Drown Because No One To Help Him Hold His Phones / When Nigerians dreaming of Lagos marathon heard Kenyans/Ethiopians are participa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Traffic Tips To help, during the Lagos Marathon on the 6th of February. by bossfeebok: 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
I think a Marathon in Lagos is a great idea even though it comes with its challenges for weekend road users of the "owambe stock”. In this light, I want to help put some more detailed info out there to help you plan your movement on Saturday February 6, 2016.
1. If you are coming into Lagos/Island from the Lagos Ibadan toll gate, you will want to divert at Gbagada and take the ramp after Anthony, link with Ikorodu road, and head to Lagos/Island through Western Avenue. Those from the Airport (International and Local) should ensure they hit Ikorodu road and continue on through Western Avenue.
2. If you are coming to Lagos/Island from the Badagry Expressway, you are taking the ramp at Costain or going though the dreaded Apapa, so nothing spoil. Carry go!
3. If you are coming into Lagos/Mainland from the Lekki Expressway, you have two options:
a. For those going to the Mainland via 3MB, you can divert off the Lekki Express Way (LEW) at the 3rd roundabout, meander to the Lekkoyi link bridge and exit right in Ikoyi and head towards Osbourne to link 3MB.
b. For those going to VI/LI/Surulere etc, you can exit the LEW at the 2nd roundabout and follow the alternative route into VI. Since all the party locations are around that half of VI you might not need to cross the Red Sea called Akin Adesola. Else, ask for the anointing of Moses…lol
4. If nothing else works, “hersesize" patience you hear? By 2pm the roads will be open again; hoping the marathon is not afflicted by NTS (Nigerian Time Syndrome). Officially the marathon routes will be closed between 6:30am and 1pm.
5. The map above/below will give you a mental picture of the closed roads.
Happy Partying my precious Lagosians!!!
Bossfeebok
Cc Lalasticlala

Re: Some Traffic Tips To help, during the Lagos Marathon on the 6th of February. by Olamipapa(m): 4:10pm On Feb 05, 2016
Re: Some Traffic Tips To help, during the Lagos Marathon on the 6th of February. by Olamipapa(m): 4:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
very bad I wouldn't be able to make it. I registered but I had to make up with another appointment tomorrow. All the best to the participating participants. I didn't expected it.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Your Old Vinyl Records / 11 Crazy Coincidences That Ever Occured / Watch Video: Lesbian Lady Slaps Partner Repeatedly For Cheating On Her With Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.