Stats: 3,150,071 members, 7,807,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. (12813 Views)

Please Stop Self Medication, See serious Side Effects / "Please, Stop Opening Bottles With Your Teeth" / Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member (2) (3) (4)

Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by David0(m): 8:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hello Nairalanders.

Something happened today on my way from the office that really got me sad with the way some of us consciously loiter our environment without thinking twice.

Everyday we see the Lagos State cleaners doing their routine cleaning but by close of business the whole place is messed up.

This goes to show that, despite government playing their part in keeping the environment clean, a lot of us don't support the government, we probably do so in our words but not in action.

On my way from the office today, I was inside Marwa wt dis lady who was eating whatever, but as soon as she's done, she threw the nylon on the road. I had to caution her, that it would have been better she threw it inside the Marwa or better still keep it, when she sees a waste been, throw it there, rather than on the road.

This behavior, I've come across so many times, and on each occasion I had to correct whoever is involved.

This is really not nice, especially considering the elderly women doing the cleaning on the road. After all the wahala with peanut salary, we still go ahead to loiter the place like babies that needs to be corrected.

Let our conscience judge us in whatever we do. Let's have it in mind that government's effort in making the state conducive and clean for us, will continue to be just an effort if we don't support them in our own little way.

Let us also ensure we correct if not embarrass whoever we see loitering the environment, especially those who throw things from the vehicle.

Government should also make it a law prohibiting such behavior.

Stay Clean!

143 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Clone2020(m): 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
They said we should #LeaveThrashforLAWMA

16 Likes

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by MrsOgbajee: 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
God bless the o. P for this insightful post.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Abbeyunique2(m): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
i don't feel comfortable throwing waste on the ground. maybe because i went to FUNAAB, our vc then was strict abt it.once caught, you are out of the sch.
shout out to prof. balogun

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by BrownCookie(f): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
I am guilty of that cry

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by dust88: 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
Shut d door up, thts job creation!

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by NaLaugh: 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
I think the Nigerian government should institute a strict littering fine.

Humans, particularly Nigerians only respond to such measures.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by cao(f): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
I really hate when folks litter.

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nigerians are bad citizens. Each time i say it, people attack me. We are just as bad as our leaders. The road to my house was constructed not quite long, with drainage on both sides. The drainage is now a waste bin to the community. Someone would carry a basket load of cassava peel and empty it into the gutter. The traders at the road side would abandon their unsold or rotten food items in the gutter. Now, when it rains the road is flooded because the drainage is clogged. Should we blame the government now? I repeat, Nigerians are as bad as their leaders. There is need for massive reorientation. Let our religious bodies whom Nigerians seem to honor begin to teach their flock how to be good citizens, Lai Mohammed should focus on orientation and messages aimed at changing our mentality. If not, no matter the infrastructure you give us, we will damage over time and blame the government.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by PeinDanzo(m): 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
End time elderly woman
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by oluwafemi113(m): 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
I

second

the

OP

On

This

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by steppins: 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
Op na Ambode son.... Hahahaha
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Hadeyeancah(m): 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ok, but they said we should leave trash for LAWMA

LET US KEEP LAGOS CLEAN.......
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by vosquare: 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2016

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nigerians and their nonchalant attitude
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by benELOHIM7(m): 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
I dont want to sound self-righteous but I feel so uncomfortable dropping trash on the ground.

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by uchwar1: 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
U have written

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by somez(m): 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
My dear o.p, may you live long. Nairalanders, for your environmental equipments and Bins, do check my signature.

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by BarryX(m): 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
To be honest, I get very disappointed and somewhat agitated whenever i see people litter the environment with their whatnot. I can always excuse the agberos because we don't really expect them to comply by the way , they are called touts for a Nigerian reason we have all grown to accept as reality. But the supposedly sane ones who indulge in such for whatever flimsy excuse they can come up with should be jailed.

This is where, BUBU and his legion of APC zombies should focus on if they want any chanji to materialize

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Psalm18: 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
If everyone reading this would ensure to use the waste bin- we will be better as a society. The spread of
Lassa
Malaria
Cholera and more all tied to environmental abuse

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by cutetopsey(f): 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
Lets keep Nigeria clean
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by whirlwind7(m): 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
Littering has become a part of most of us. We do it without even thinking.

You know, there are times when you gently correct someone who litters, and they glare at you like you just insulted them. Some will ask you what makes it your business.
I was vindicated on a certain day, while in a public bus, this man beside me was hungrily munching on roasted corn. Soon as he's done, he threw the corn cob along with the paper it was wrapped in, and the nylon bag out the bus window. We were moving, and I admonished him that what he just did was wrong.

He vented his rage on me. Telling me to mind my own business. He queried if the road belonged to me, or if I'm the one who pays the road sweepers. I just shook my head and kept quiet. At the next stop, the bus waited to pick up passengers. Next thing that happened is a police van pulled over. The angry cops asked who threw out something from the bus. They were spoiling for a showdown, from their very hostile approach. The offender was pointed out and they whisked him away.

We later got to learn that the corn cob that the man threw from the bus hit the police van that was coming behind us. Talk about instant karma!

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Salex007(m): 2:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
It is in blood already government can't cub it..
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by geedeex2(m): 2:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
If I have my way , I will enact a bill to make sure anyone who litters the environment gets a jail term or be made to sleep on a heap of waste for 3 months .The most annoying set of Nigerians are the ones who abandon the pedestrian bridge to cross the highway .These set of offenders will get the maximum penalty or life imprisonment because if not that they want to die they shouldn't be crossing the highway .For your information I am a future governor of lagos or ogun state and depending on events , I will be president of Nigeria when God says it's time.

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by somez(m): 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
Eheeeeeeeee... Oya check my signature and make youth order now!!!... Lol.
BrownCookie:
I am guilty of that cry
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Caracta(f): 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nice one OP.

There was a time in Lagos you could get arrested for throwing thrash on the floor. Even if you did that from a car, they would stop your car and arrest you.

We need such approach.

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Jnrbayerno(m): 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nice post
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by banmee(m): 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
David0:
Hello Nairalanders.

Something happened today on my way from the office that really got me sad with the way some of us consciously loiter our environment without thinking twice.

Everyday we see the Lagos State cleaners doing their routine cleaning but by close of business the whole place is messed up.

This goes to show that, despite government playing their part in keeping the environment clean, a lot of us don't support the government, we probably do so in our words but not in action.

On my way from the office today, I was inside Marwa wt dis lady who was eating whatever, but as soon as she's done, she threw the nylon on the road. I had to caution her, that it would have been better she threw it inside the Marwa or better still keep it, when she sees a waste been, throw it there, rather than on the road.

This behavior, I've come across so many times, and on each occasion I had to correct whoever is involved.

This is really not nice, especially considering the elderly women doing the cleaning on the road. After all the wahala with peanut salary, we still go ahead to loiter the place like babies that needs to be corrected.

Let our conscience judge us in whatever we do. Let's have it in mind that government's effort in making the state conducive and clean for us, will continue to be just an effort if we don't support them in our own little way.

Let us also ensure we correct if not embarrass whoever we see loitering the environment, especially those who throw things from the vehicle.

Government should also make it a law prohibiting such behavior.

Stay Clean!

You have a better chance of gummy bears falling from the sky than for Nigerians to be waste conscious. Nigerians are naturally dirty people and Nigeria as a county is among the dirtiest in the world.

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by SporaD8: 2:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
Thats why Buhari needs to resurrect operation WAI
Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Mustay(m): 2:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
We need a massive reorientation.

Just the other day at a newly tarred road in the commercial city, I was amazed that people had dumped waste bags in the gutters. Surprisingly, na supposedly big big men and women dey work and live there.

It's become a culture thing that even parents can't correct their children on proper etiquettes. It's easier to blame govt, lack of dustbins etc but what about our roles first If we performed our duties well, we'd have the gut to challenge LGAs for not living up to their offices.

It's the same way shop owners and residents remove dirt from their gutters then leave it by the road side - that's like using a basket to fetch water. You see little children not knowing what toilets are these days because their parents have taught them outfield yoga at an early age. Or is it motorists and passengers who throw orange peels, nylons etc out of their vehicles (which sometimes hits another motorist or passenger) Sometimes I want to pour water on these people, especially adults that should know better.

I don't want to continue with this but the attitude of the average Nigerian is distasteful when it comes to being responsible to the environment.

*spits*

. . . into a tissue paper and not on the road btw!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Stop Throwing Things on The Road...Use The Waste Bin. by Adwexky(m): 2:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
FACT, I AM AN ADVOCATE OF THIS..

ALMOST-NEW PC GOING SO CHEAP: https://www.nairaland.com/2881531/almost-new-asus-x551m-laptop

10 Medical Tests Every Couple Must Do Before Marriage!!! / Home Remedies And Herbal Treatments For Erectile Dysfunction / COVID-19 Update For May 31 2021 In Nigeria

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56