Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In (1930 Views)

Where Are Our First-class Graduates And Professors? / How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) / Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Ray360: 6:19am On Feb 06, 2016
Hello nairalanders, This thread is for all those who made a first class in the university, Fresh students in the university who are aspiring to make a first class and also for those who are on a first class scale already in school. For the first class graduates, Please, what are the principal things you did that stood you out on skylines? Did you employ any strategy unknown to anyone? How did you manage your time considering all the hullabaloo and razzmatazz in the higher institution?
For those on first class scale already, what are you currently doing to keep pace and remain at proximity to your goal?
Please, Help a brother and others with this golden dream with your secretes. I am still fresh in the university and I am so motivated to make a first class, I want it! I want to enact this great academic feat which I have always hungered for. I know I have the academic arsenal for this acme of excellence, I just want those who have been there to show me some angles. Thanks.

Everyone is welcome! share your views!

Cc lalasticlala, Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Akkord4gov: 6:23am On Feb 06, 2016
Am I not ashamed that I graduated with a First Class?
No,i don't think so,it only shows how rotten the System is and I still believe it shall be well.

Don't worry,i will pure my mind comprehensively when I landed a job

It hasn't been easy but being a First Class will give you all the courage you need.
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Ray360: 6:45am On Feb 06, 2016
Akkord4gov:
No,i don't think so,it only shows how rotten the System is and I still believe it shall be well.

It hasn't been easy but being a First Class will give you all the courage you need.
hello bro, How has it encouraged you? It's my prayer you get a job soon, sir. But please, what were the measures you took that stood you out?
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Akkord4gov: 7:12am On Feb 06, 2016
Ray360:

hello bro, How has it encouraged you? It's my prayer you get a job soon, sir. But please, what were the measures you took that stood you out?
Aameen. It encouraged me in the sense that have met a lot of people of high calibre. It is just courage,i go to their offices and tell them"i am a First Class graduate....".They will listen cos they know it isn't easy
Bro,like I said,it can only be good if I write all the measure and my advice after have landed a job that I believe it will be soon

Just know this that First Class isn't only for the genius. I am an average student that failed WAEC and Jamb so many times but the first thing is to "have a dream".
Later bro. God will bless your effort towards achieving your dream
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Ray360: 7:48am On Feb 06, 2016
Akkord4gov:

Aameen. It encouraged me in the sense that have met a lot of people of high calibre. It is just courage,i go to their offices and tell them"i am a First Class graduate....".They will listen cos they know it isn't easy
Bro,like I said,it can only be good if I write all the measure and my advice after have landed a job that I believe it will be soon

Just know this that First Class isn't only for the genius. I am an average student that failed WAEC and Jamb so many times but the first thing is to "have a dream".
Later bro. God will bless your effort towards achieving your dream
Amen! Thanks for your contribution. I have a dream already which I intend nursing to reality. I appreciate.
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Akkord4gov: 8:00am On Feb 06, 2016
Ray360:

Amen! Thanks for your contribution. I have a dream already which I intend nursing to reality. I appreciate.
I am happy to hear that and I also wish to contribute to making it a reality. "Success is not how successful you are but how many people you contribute to their success". I will follow you now and you may follow back. Will pm you when there is time and I promise we shall achieve it together.
Even to pay you a visit might not be a problem
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Polymath56: 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
A typical 9gerian man wld say "WHO 1STCLASS DON HELP 4 DIS COUNTRY?", But d truth is dey r not wrong owing 2 socioeconomic n political situatns in d country, as many 1st class r stl unemployed n trying 2 mk ends meet..
Leaving DAT aside n delving 2 d nitty gritty of dis thread..I'm really enthralled at ur zest n penchant 4 wanting 2 mk 1st class n I wanna commend u 4 DAT...d truth is, thr r no 2 similar principles exuded by First class holders,, my methods might b different 4rm others...
Below r some of d major precepts dat made me had a topnotch result even in an unfavorable environment (one of d worst depts in ma skl)
1) Diligent n assiduous in ur studies: you shld b able 2 work hard n go d extra miles when reading
2) Read based on ur capability
3)Consistency in your studying time-schedule.. If u decide dat u wanna read 7hrs per day, u shld b consistent with it
4) Go to Class regularly cos sometyms some questns DAT comes out in d exam might not b in d material or textbks recommended by d lecturer..
5) Don't be too hauty or supercilious 2 learn from friends coz no man is an island
6)Understand ur lecturers, their marking schemes n their modes of answering questns..some might like d direct n succinct answers while others might prefer d verbose n wordy answers
7) Every Prize comes wif a Price..u wld hv to curtail n harness d tym u spend on social media. Optimize n mk judicious use of ur tym
cool Cultivate the habit of asking questions in class; whn a questn looks obscure 2 u, u shld b able 2 hv d impetus n courage 2 ask questns 4rm d lecturers.
9)Avoid having problems with ur lecturers. Don't allow ur erudite adroitness 2 becloud ur sense of reasoning n deferent dispositn
10)Try 2 gather materials n start reading evn b4 d beginning of a semester. Try to read ahead of class
11) When others come to u 4 academic assistance, try 2 render help 2 dem cos d more u teach dem, d more u improve n enhance ur knowledge on DAT course..but it shld b done wif moderatn, so dat it won't affect ur own time.
12) Embrace the God-factor n be prayerful cos its not of he dat willeth nor of he dat runneth but its of d Lord dat showeth mercies...

The List is interminable. Just make do with the aforementioned precepts, it wld really help u

7 Likes

Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by STENON(f): 2:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
I'm happy to be one of them. It has been a great experience. I got my first Job with good pay before going for NYSC.

1.Try to get all the materials/textbooks before the commencement of a new session.
2. Plan your time very well and write it down before leaving your room. E.g. Btw 8am -10am :Lecture, 10-12noon : Personal Reading, 12 - 4pm : Lectures, 4pm to 5pm : Personal reading.
3. Know your ability I.e. Know how, when and where you can assimilate very well. E.g. I dnt always assimilate by going to the school library. I read in a Quiet place. E.g. Very early in the morning before the commencement of the lectures, I do read At the back of the lecture theatre or laboratory or even staircase.
4. Dnt have a fixed place for reading to avoid disturbances.
5. Keep Quiet to learn from your lecturers,dnt argue with ur lecturers, even if you knw the answer to their questions, allow other studnts to answer the questions. Dnt let them notice you, allow your Scores/Grades to do the rest..
6. Try to write down your target scores/grades before the beginning of the semester and try all your possible best to achieve it.
7. Be ready to have many friends but some are enemies of your Progress, Jst Keep praying for them.
8. Do all your assignments and make sure that you submit at the right time.
9. Treat past questions very well, but dnt let your reading be based on past questions.
10. Manage your time very well with social networks. I always off my Data Plans whenever I'm reading.
11. Put God first, be a good Christian/Muslim but dnt allow religious activities of your fellowship to disturb your reading.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Ray360: 2:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
Akkord4gov:

I am happy to hear that and I also wish to contribute to making it a reality. "Success is not how successful you are but how many people you contribute to their success". I will follow you now and you may follow back. Will pm you when there is time and I promise we shall achieve it together.
Even to pay you a visit might not be a problem
Thank you sir. I will follow back.
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Ray360: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
Polymath56:
A typical 9gerian man wld say "WHO 1STCLASS DON HELP 4 DIS COUNTRY?", But d truth is dey r not wrong owing 2 socioeconomic n political situatns in d country, as many 1st class r stl unemployed n trying 2 mk ends meet..
Leaving DAT aside n delving 2 d nitty gritty of dis thread..I'm really enthralled at ur zest n penchant 4 wanting 2 mk 1st class n I wanna commend u 4 DAT...d truth is, thr r no 2 similar principles exuded by First class holders,, my methods might b different 4rm others...
Below r some of d major precepts dat made me had a topnotch result even in an unfavorable environment (one of d worst depts in ma skl)
1) Diligent n assiduous in ur studies: you shld b able 2 work hard n go d extra miles when reading
3)Consistency in your studying time-schedule.. If u decide dat u wanna read 7hrs per day, u shld b consistent with it
4) Go to Class regularly cos sometyms some questns DAT comes out in d exam might not b in d material or textbks recommended by d lecturer..
5) Don't be too hauty or supercilious 2 learn from friends coz no man is an island
6)Understand ur lecturers, their marking schemes n their modes of answering questns..some might like d direct n succinct answers while others might prefer d verbose n wordy answers
7) Every Prize comes wif a Price..u wld hv to curtail n harness d tym u spend on social media. Optimize n mk judicious use of ur tym
cool Cultivate the habit of asking questions in class; whn a questn looks obscure 2 u, u shld b able 2 hv d impetus n courage 2 ask questns 4rm d lecturers.
9)Avoid having problems with ur lecturers. Don't allow ur erudite adroitness 2 becloud ur sense of reasoning n deferent dispositn
10)Try 2 gather materials n start reading evn b4 d beginning of a semester. Try to read ahead of class
11) When others come to u 4 academic assistance, try 2 render help 2 dem cos d more u teach dem, d more u improve n enhance ur knowledge on DAT course..but it shld b done wif moderatn, so dat it won't affect ur own time.
12) Embrace the God-factor n be prayerful cos its not of he dat willeth nor of he dat runneth but its of d Lord dat showeth mercies...

The List is interminable. Just make do with the aforementioned precepts, it wld really help u
Thank you very much for contributing. But please, Most people say sone people are just naturally gifted or brilliant, Do you agree?

cc Lalasticlala, please, I want more views. I would appreciate a great deal if it graces front page.
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Ray360: 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
Polymath56:

Thank you very much for contributing. But please, Most people say some people are just naturally gifted or brilliant, Do you agree?

cc Lalasticlala, please, I want more views. I would appreciate a great deal if it graces front page.
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Ray360: 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
STENON:
I'm happy to be one of them.

*I'l modify my post in order to answer your question in the evening*
Wow. welcome sis. I look forward to reading your post.
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Akkord4gov: 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ray360:

Thank you very much for contributing. But please, Most people say some people are just naturally gifted or brilliant, Do you agree?

There are two things that determine individual's I.Q,hereditary and environment. That answers your question,some are naturally gifted,we call them genius,but I repeat and repeat that an average individual can achieve that feat. I might not have believed that too until I made it. So never have 2nd mind about your dream

It is true,there are a lot of First Class yet to get employed,i myself inclusive,but one day,they will be proud of themselves. Not easy to make a lot of sacrifices to achieve such.

I will create a thread later,the Advantages and Disadvantages of being a First Class graduate

2 Likes

Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Akkord4gov: 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
STENON:
I'm happy to be one of them.

*I'l modify my post in order to answer your question in the evening*

Let me also park here to here from you. Pls kindly notify me after you have edited it
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Ray360: 6:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
Akkord4gov:

There are two things that determine individual's I.Q,hereditary and environment. That answers your question,some are naturally gifted,we call them genius,but I repeat and repeat that an average individual can achieve that feat. I might not have believed that too until I made it. So never have 2nd mind about your dream

It is true,there are a lot of First Class yet to get employed,i myself inclusive,but one day,they will be proud of themselves. Not easy to make a lot of sacrifices to achieve such.

I will create a thread later,the Advantages and Disadvantages of being a First Class graduate
Hmm.. I have followed you already, I will follow the thread also when you create it. thanks.
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Polymath56: 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ray360:

Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Polymath56: 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ray360:

Inasmuch as I might agree wif u on dat, i wld stl say every1 is naturally gifted/brilliant but d rate of perceptn n assimilatn differs..4 instance, some persons can read 3pages of a text 4 1hr n understand it while some other persons might read n understand d same no of pages for 3hrs..some evn find it very difficult 2 read or comprehend a text/note without d lecturer 1st teaching them or with the aid of a course mate of theirs.
Regardless of all d dissimilarities in d level of perceptn, any of d categories listed above can stl mk 1st class, if he/she is focused, determined n well prepared.
A simple case study can be cited bw messi n Ronaldo..
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Ray360: 8:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
Polymath56:
Inasmuch as I might agree wif u on dat, i wld stl say every1 is naturally gifted/brilliant but d rate of perceptn n assimilatn differs..4 instance, some persons can read 3pages of a text 4 1hr n understand it while some other persons might read n understand d same no of pages for 3hrs..some evn find it very difficult 2 read or comprehend a text/note without d lecturer 1st teaching them or with the aid of a course mate of theirs.
Regardless of all d dissimilarities in d level of perceptn, any of d categories listed above can stl mk 1st class, if he/she is focused, determined n well prepared.
A simple case study can be cited bw messi n Ronaldo..
I agree, I guess it's all about knowing one's self then . I am ready to work. thank you.
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Sunnypar(m): 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
STENON:
I'm happy to be one of them. It has been a great experience. I got my first Job with good pay before going for NYSC.

1.Try to get all the materials/textbooks before the commencement of a new session.
2. Plan your time very well and write it down before leaving your room. E.g. Btw 8am -10am :Lecture, 10-12noon : Personal Reading, 12 - 4pm : Lectures, 4pm to 5pm : Personal reading.
3. Know your ability I.e. Know how, when and where you can assimilate very well. E.g. I dnt always assimilate by going to the school library. I read in a Quiet place. E.g. Very early in the morning before the commencement of the lectures, I do read At the back of the lecture theatre or laboratory or even staircase.
4. Dnt have a fixed place for reading to avoid disturbances.
5. Keep Quiet to learn from your lecturers,dnt argue with ur lecturers, even if you knw the answer to their questions, allow other studnts to answer the questions. Dnt let them notice you, allow your Scores/Grades to do the rest..
6. Try to write down your target scores/grades before the beginning of the semester and try all your possible best to achieve it.
7. Be ready to have many friends but some are enemies of your Progress, Jst Keep praying for them.
8. Do all your assignments and make sure that you submit at the right time.
9. Treat past questions very well, but dnt let your reading be based on past questions.
10. Manage your time very well with social networks. I always off my Data Plans whenever I'm reading.
11. Put God first, be a good Christian/Muslim but dnt allow religious activities of your fellowship to disturb your reading.
cool
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by LordeCalifornia: 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2017
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by kingnas(m): 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2017
Akkord4gov:

Pls can u state ur message clearly? I am struggling to comprehend what u just wrote.. By the way.. @op, fist, I am afraid that this thread may not get the publicity it deserves because mediocrity and nay sayers are everywhere. . secondly, getting a first class requires more than academic brilliance, u need God's grace and an unstoppable determination.. But the bottom line is that u will have to make a lot of sacrifices.. Do things differently.....

1 Like

Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by harustotle(m): 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2017
BREAKING NEWS!!! Department Of Sociology Produces First Class for the first time in 33 years!!!!
https://unilorininfo247..com.ng/2017/09/breaking-news-department-of-sociology.html?m=1
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by EternalTruth: 6:18pm On Jan 04, 2018
Following
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2018
Lemme Park Here.
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Deicide: 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2018
Things that mostly fail people in exam is not difficulty but "TIME" esp for science related course. know how to manage ur time, i once got B in a math course cause i didnt finish answering everything and the time was up.
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by EternalTruth: 2:28am On Jan 05, 2018
Deicide:
Things that mostly fail people in exam is not difficulty but "TIME" esp for science related course. know how to manage ur time, i once got B in a math course cause i didnt finish answering everything and the time was up.
scoring "B" is detrimental to a student who aspires for first class bah?
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by Deicide: 9:53am On Jan 05, 2018
EternalTruth:
For a simple course yeah
Re: Thread For First Class Graduates And First Class Aspirants. Come In by davbravo(m): 11:41am On Jan 05, 2018
EternalTruth:
Yeah, it is.... you can't afford to get B's

(1) (Reply)

Major Events And Dates In Nigeria's History You Should Know / Is Nigerian Education A Scam? / Not Every One Can Read This (pic.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.