Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India (22253 Views)

Truck Crushes Lady Dead In Owerri; Mob Burns The Truck (Graphic Photos) / Benson Uchenna Nwughala Nigerian In Italy Killed By Train While Wearing Earpiece / South African Mob Attacks Nigerian With Stones In Pretoria [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by cathodekazim: 7:19am On Feb 06, 2016
Hyderabad: Within days of a barbaric assault on a Tanzanian student in Bangalore, a 26-year-old Nigerian national was allegedly beaten up by a mob in the upmarket Banjara Hills here on Thursday night.
While Nigerian citizen Orolabe Ibidola lodged a police complaint stating that he was assaulted by 15 people for no fault of his, and that it was a racist attack, the accused lodged a counter-complaint saying that they were themselves beaten up by three Nigerians after the two groups were involved in a minor road mishap.
Alleging Ibidola suffered a racial attack, the three Nigerians staged a dharna outside Banjara Hills police station until early hours of Friday, and ended it only after cops registered a case and promised action.
Ibidola told TOI that after offering prayers at the local mosque in Paramount Colony in Hakimpet of Banjara Hills, he was walking towards Tolichowki around 8.30 pm on Thursday when a few youth standing by first hurled racial abuses at him. When he confronted them, they punched him in the chest and took off his shirt.
"Luckily, my neighbour was passing by and he intervened and told the youth that he knows me after which they let me go. However, a little later, they chased me down and beat me up again after hurling more racial abuses," Ibidola said. "They also brandished a knife and a shotgun. While the assault was taking place, my two Nigerian room mates who were passing by noticed me and came to my rescue. But the mob, about 15 of them, then assaulted all the three of us," he added.
While waiting for the cops, the three Nigerians called Nigerian Students Association President Omobowle Sean, who rushed to the spot and alerted the Nigerian Embassy in New Delhi. The Nigerians said they had video recorded the assault and handed over the clip to cops.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/hyderabad/Mob-attacks-Nigerian-in-Hyderabad-victim-calls-it-racial-violence/articleshow/50874525.cms
Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by balash(m): 7:27am On Feb 06, 2016
People complains more about ill treatment this Indians hurled at us over there. This idiots looking fellows no like us atal. They freaking racist. If we start with them too here ehn??

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by Flexherbal(m): 7:41am On Feb 06, 2016
Some people have give nigerians bad image abroad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by ogaontop(m): 8:06am On Feb 06, 2016
Flexherbal:
APC blame game

15 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by ednut1(m): 8:19am On Feb 06, 2016
Nawa, dont know wat pple are looking for in india self smh

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by brunofarad(m): 8:19am On Feb 06, 2016
Pathetic

This is getting out of hand

Imagine INDIA kwa

8 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by bunmioguns(m): 8:20am On Feb 06, 2016
embarassed
Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by NinaArsenal(f): 8:20am On Feb 06, 2016
Hmm
Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by mcfynest(m): 8:20am On Feb 06, 2016
Hmmm

check my signature for your quality male and female T-shirt, round neck and v-neck
Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by healthyarena(f): 8:21am On Feb 06, 2016
Gosh! Racist people! yet we keep watching Bollywood and zee world! mtschewwwwww

5 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 06, 2016
Racists. What else do you expect from people who operate a caste system in their country? They treat the darker castes like they're subhuman: make them clean human waste from lighter castes and other disgusting things. No surprise.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by eleojo23: 8:21am On Feb 06, 2016
India is not a place I want to visit..There are better places with less population, pollution and corruption.

6 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by UrbanMystique: 8:22am On Feb 06, 2016
Dumb Indians. Lack of good proteins and iron has messed up their brains ..

Well, at least they didn't cook up a meaningless drug story like those south Africans ..

12 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by KingTom(m): 8:22am On Feb 06, 2016
Why leave your country to another disease ridden shithole like India?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by UrbanMystique: 8:22am On Feb 06, 2016
healthyarena:
I don't know what women see in those gay stations

8 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by iceberylin(m): 8:23am On Feb 06, 2016
Flexherbal:
And you have given Nigeria bad image online..

What kind of English is thi?

10 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by ruffcoin99(m): 8:23am On Feb 06, 2016
India of all places, nigerians and migration.

5 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by SmartMugu: 8:23am On Feb 06, 2016
Flexherbal:
This is not about the bad image, Indians are racists even with their fellow Indians. The lighter skinned indians consider the darker skinned indians as slaves, so what would they say about a typical dark skinned african?
Read about how racist they are to Africans here http://m.firstpost.com/india/like-disease-citizens-african-nations-talk-racism-face-india-2249316.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by Siberia101: 8:23am On Feb 06, 2016
Common India self....
It's Well
Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by 4klogos: 8:24am On Feb 06, 2016
sadd

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by kullozone(m): 8:24am On Feb 06, 2016
Where's that Indian on NL?

Mods ban him now grin
Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 06, 2016
healthyarena:
kwantinue watching that BS

1 Like

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by UrbanMystique: 8:26am On Feb 06, 2016
KingTom:
Why leave your country to another disease ridden shithole like India?
I still don't get it honestly.

India is one of the crappiest over populated shithole in the world. Why leave one Sithole for another. Nigerians and their in must travel mentality.

8 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by kennyman2000(m): 8:28am On Feb 06, 2016
Hmmmm....
Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by KingTom(m): 8:28am On Feb 06, 2016
UrbanMystique:
I still don't get it honestly.
guy I went there once for a conference if you see how dirty the place is, the driver was quickly ordered to take another route to spare our hosts the embarrassment

5 Likes

Re: Mob Attacks Nigerian In Hyderabad India by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 06, 2016
angry sad angry

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boeing To Lay Off Staff After $641M First-Quarter Loss / How To Pass The Interview For America Visa Lottery Winners / Protesters Disrupt Flights At Port Harcourt International Airport (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.