Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,054 members, 7,807,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

How Are These Funny Statistics Derived? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Are These Funny Statistics Derived? (512 Views)

Where Is The Name Tokumbo (fairly Used) Derived From / 10 Benefit Derived From Nairaland / Checkout These Funny,sarcastic Pictures That's Surely Gonna Make Your Day! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are These Funny Statistics Derived? by franugo(m): 7:46am On Feb 06, 2016
G'morning landers. so i was just busy doing my thing this morning when i heard something quite befuddling from d radio. Apparently, over 100 people {i have forgotten d actual number dt was stated} die monthly 4rm inhaling smoke emitted when cooking...and am like wtfshocked where do these people get these their outrageous statistics from even dt of 1 person dying every minute{i think] is grossly outrageous to me. maybe u guys could help me outcry
Re: How Are These Funny Statistics Derived? by bfatoba(m): 7:52am On Feb 06, 2016
GOOGLE is your friend
Re: How Are These Funny Statistics Derived? by DesChyko: 7:55am On Feb 06, 2016
Well, they're talking about non-smokers who died from smoke-related issues all around the world, not necessarily cooking. Even if death was of another cause, the presence of smoke in the lungs and the state of the lungs may still rank under this.
Finally, there may be recorded deaths thus: 25 deaths in the 1st month, 43 deaths in the 2nd, 169 deaths in the 3rd month and maybe, 32 deaths in the 4th month. This would be approximately 100 deaths per month if you figure in the deaths that were not recorded, which may be more or less.
Re: How Are These Funny Statistics Derived? by franugo(m): 8:28am On Feb 06, 2016
DesChyko:
Well, they're talking about non-smokers who died from smoke-related issues all around the world, not necessarily cooking. Even if death was of another cause, the presence of smoke in the lungs and the state of the lungs may still rank under this.
Finally, there may be recorded deaths thus: 25 deaths in the 1st month, 43 deaths in the 2nd, 169 deaths in the 3rd month and maybe, 32 deaths in the 4th month. This would be approximately 100 deaths per month if you figure in the deaths that were not recorded, which may be more or less.

the news specified fumes from cooking whhich is d reason i was stumped...i know dt general smoke related issues may actually reach dt number, but just 4rm cooking fumes seems weird 2 me

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Trailer Accident Causes Gridlock In Lagos / Get This Superb 10inch Tablet At N29500 / Cab You Live In This Kinda House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.