Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 (36737 Views)

Important Information For Those Upgrading Their Airtel Sim To 4G LTE. / And Here Is How To Get 1.5gb For 500 On Your Airtel Sim! / Data Users, Why You Should Get Yourself An Airtel Sim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 06, 2016
My name is Adetoke Oluwo. I feel it is necessary I share my story so as to shed light to the way fraudsters dupe unsuspecting Nigerians and also to expose the shady AIRTEL STAFF who aided them.

My purse with other documents and ID cards were stolen last year April and as usual, I got an affidavit for it.
This year January, I got a call from Airtel Ibadan concerning a sim swap I wanted to do in Ibadan (I work and live in Lagos). I immediately informed them that it's fraud when
they told me the person brought one of the id cards that was stolen.
I immediately went to AIRTEL IKEJA CITY MALL to report and told them to flag and fortify security on my sim as my Airtel line is connected to all my Bank accounts. I even asked how it was possible for anybody to walk in and almost swapped my sim without any form of security . The staff said they will do something about it.
On Thursday night, 4th of February, I noticed my network was down and I waited till Friday to go report and they told me to wait for hours. THEY DID NOT TELL ME MY SIM HAD BEEN SUCCESSFULLY SWAPPED BY FRAUDSTERS, The Staff tried to hide it and told me to fill a form of sim replacement. I did not know at that point that my money was being moved as I sat there!!!
I left the Office and discovered on my other phone that 400 THOUSAND NAIRA HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED FROM MY GTB ACCOUNT THROUGH MOBILE MONEY WITH THAT NUMBER ALL THE WHILE MY SIM WAS DOWN FROM THURSDAY NIGHT TO FRIDAY AFTERNOON.
My email address must have been seen in one of the documents stolen,and the number is where Yahoo would send my recovery password to. All it took them was to SWAP MY SIM and click on forget password to access my email that had my Bank details saved.
It was when I went back to AIRTEL IKEJA CITY MALL to shout that the Staff told me my Sim had been Swapped. Before they lied that it was damaged and told me to fill a form for REPLACEMENT! !!

I requested for the Staff who swapped my sim for this FRAUDSTERS and they refused to say anything. They even harassed me and sent me out of their store for causing nuisance.

This money is meant to be part of the Course I saved a Year for to go study in London, I was maltreated and duped and an AIRTEL STAFF AIDED THE FRAUDSTERS. EVEN AFTER I COMPLAINED SINCE JANUARY FOR MY SIM TO BE FORTIFIED!!

BECAUSE HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE WHO ISN'T ME TO SUCCESSFULLY SWAP MY LINE WHEN THEY HAD MY PICTURE RIGHT INFRONT OF THEM!!!

PLEASE SHARE SO I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK, SO JUSTICE CAN BE DONE, SO OTHER NIGERIANS TOO CAN LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE AND PROTECT THEMSELVES. PLEASE SHARE.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/02/scam-alert-lady-cries-out-after.html

26 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Trut(m): 9:57am On Feb 06, 2016
Fraudsters everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by overdrive(m): 9:59am On Feb 06, 2016
Corporate scam!

5 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 06, 2016
Moral of the story:

Airtel is wack and should be discarded.

Remember I'm a conspiracy theorist

33 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Tonitelli: 10:19am On Feb 06, 2016
REPORT TO THE EFCC sharp sharp!!!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by DaBullIT(m): 10:24am On Feb 06, 2016
Either the story is a wack

or

Some really crazy greedy people now work for airtel

Anyways , Airtel no be network , so unless lady lives in the north, Why do you have airtel sim /service ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 06, 2016
Observing!

Meanwhile, tell Lalasticlala breakfast is ready and served by www.gidilink.com freelancers.

Awon hackers ti take over account omo yen. . cool

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by timilehin007(m): 3:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
No where is safe again, if airtel collabo with fraudsters.. Hmmm. Where is lasisi when you need him
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by kennyman2000(m): 3:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hmmmm.... I foresee Airtel sanction very soon.

Its change Era. Airtle! Airtel!! How many times did i called you. Do something abt this or ready to slapped with millions of dollars sanction fees.

Adetoke, keep calm. Airtel has seen this and working on ur matter cos CHANGE IS EVERYWHERE!

For your Classic female valentine cat eye sunglasses.
check this link,. https://www.nairaland.com/2916798/wholesales-
female-classic-valentine-cat

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
[size=20pt]You're a very fine girl oooo. Try to contact me so I can help you. Okay [/size]

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by cutetopsey(f): 3:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by ThePeacemaker(m): 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
H
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Vaabra01(f): 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
wot a pity...

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by NaijaProxyBase: 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by drnairalov: 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
choi 400k just like that

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by gilly007: 3:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Fraudsters everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by missKiffy(f): 3:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
This is serious, I hope something is done about it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Pele dear. Naija for you.

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sad stuff. Why do we have Bank verification?

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by timidapsin(m): 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
Keshi.... Gbese re oh

3 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by azeecoboy(m): 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
i hate airtel....dem too local
na only browsing i dey use am for....
sorry for the loss,God would provide in folds...

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by ThePeacemaker(m): 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
Every networking company in Nigeria are scammers back to back
F*uccck day sh**it
Iyalaya anybody

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by vickylala239: 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
FlirtyKaren:
My name is Adetoke Oluwo. I feel it is necessary I share my story so as to shed light to the way fraudsters dupe unsuspecting Nigerians and also to expose the shady AIRTEL STAFF who aided them.

My purse with other documents and ID cards were stolen last year April and as usual, I got an affidavit for it.
This year January, I got a call from Airtel Ibadan concerning a sim swap I wanted to do in Ibadan (I work and live in Lagos). I immediately informed them that it's fraud when
they told me the person brought one of the id cards that was stolen.
I immediately went to AIRTEL IKEJA CITY MALL to report and told them to flag and fortify security on my sim as my Airtel line is connected to all my Bank accounts. I even asked how it was possible for anybody to walk in and almost swapped my sim without any form of security . The staff said they will do something about it.
On Thursday night, 4th of February, I noticed my network was down and I waited till Friday to go report and they told me to wait for hours. THEY DID NOT TELL ME MY SIM HAD BEEN SUCCESSFULLY SWAPPED BY FRAUDSTERS, The Staff tried to hide it and told me to fill a form of sim replacement. I did not know at that point that my money was being moved as I sat there!!!
I left the Office and discovered on my other phone that 400 THOUSAND NAIRA HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED FROM MY GTB ACCOUNT THROUGH MOBILE MONEY WITH THAT NUMBER ALL THE WHILE MY SIM WAS DOWN FROM THURSDAY NIGHT TO FRIDAY AFTERNOON.
My email address must have been seen in one of the documents stolen,and the number is where Yahoo would send my recovery password to. All it took them was to SWAP MY SIM and click on forget password to access my email that had my Bank details saved.
It was when I went back to AIRTEL IKEJA CITY MALL to shout that the Staff told me my Sim had been Swapped. Before they lied that it was damaged and told me to fill a form for REPLACEMENT! !!

I requested for the Staff who swapped my sim for this FRAUDSTERS and they refused to say anything. They even harassed me and sent me out of their store for causing nuisance.

This money is meant to be part of the Course I saved a Year for to go study in London, I was maltreated and duped and an AIRTEL STAFF AIDED THE FRAUDSTERS. EVEN AFTER I COMPLAINED SINCE JANUARY FOR MY SIM TO BE FORTIFIED!!

BECAUSE HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE WHO ISN'T ME TO SUCCESSFULLY SWAP MY LINE WHEN THEY HAD MY PICTURE RIGHT INFRONT OF THEM!!!

PLEASE SHARE SO I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK, SO JUSTICE CAN BE DONE, SO OTHER NIGERIANS TOO CAN LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE AND PROTECT THEMSELVES. PLEASE SHARE.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/02/scam-alert-lady-cries-out-after.html

Chai so sorry...

U shuld Hv gone to bnk rather..sorry

10 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Bola4boy(m): 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Eeeeeeeeya
Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Report them to NCC sharp sharp what nonsense. Have you been to their office at ikeja under bridge?

5 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by NaijaCuzin: 4:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
Always careful with using a Mobile Money... Call EFCC

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Godfullsam(m): 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
People still use airtel network undecided.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
Almost lost same amount today a crook from here(NL), Thanking my stars that i changed my mind. The guy just vex cut call when he heard i changed my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
Honestly she should sue Airtel cos how can you swap a sim for an alien when you clearly have all the owners details and pic on ur Database

5 Likes

Re: Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 by ceejay80s(m): 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
Its a simple case , u can become a millionaire over night, just report to ncc, police and EFCC and also get a lawyer, they will pay u half of what ncc told mtn to pay ,since they are not ready to do their job, I don't understand how u can do a sim swap or welcome back without a form of identification , na u dey slow, if na me, I go don go price the two jeep wey I go drive after I win the court case

55 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Tecno Camon CX: My Unboxing Experience In Pictures / I Showered With The Galaxy S7, Made It Pass Through Other Water Mishaps / Download Fifa 2020 Ppsspp Iso For Andriod (new)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.