Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari (25071 Views)

Biafra: Britain, Buhari Should Tell The World Why They Hate Igbos – IPOB / Buhari Repairing Nigeria’s Reputation Damaged By Jonathan — Fashola / Arms Purchase Scam Has Damaged Nigeria’s Reputation – Bamidele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by FLYFIRE(m): 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
banmee:

Lol. I wish i was born a Ghanaian. Oh how i wish. But, unfortunately i was born a Nigeria. I will live with that stigma till my dying day. I pray that God will replace your brain with a functioning one in the near future for your sake. Say amen.
Why are such an IDIOT? Where were you when your god buhar stole & hid 2.8B in Midland bank? Where were you when your god bubu said abacha NEVER touched Nigeria's kobo. May God from today rule your miserable life like the hypocrical fool bubu is ruling Nigeria today... say a BIG amen.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Onyiridike(f): 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
Naturalle:
The problem we have in this country is our inability to call a spade a spade. I don't see any fallacy in what PMB has said, the only reason everyone is faulting him is because he said it out loud. There are too many criminal reports of Nigerians in foreign countries, don't get me wrong, the successful ones are still being celebrated here in Nigeria. What the guy is saying is instead of turning to a life of crime and slavery, please come back home and work. Instead of criminalizing Nigeria and giving her a bad name for the rest of us, come back home and work, The days where there is dignity in labor is returning. You can become a billionaire by hard work not theft or drug pushing. There are farmlands to be tilled, crops to be grown and exported. Nigeria is importing everything and there is so much potential for growth.

I sincerely think we should be more accepting of the truth, that way we can formulate a solution together and achieve it instead of bashing the only person who has had the courage to come out and say the truth in a long while.

Young lady, how will you feel if OBJ or any other yoruba leader tells the entire nation that Yoruba women have reputation for promiscuilty and uncleaniness?

Buhari did not even say the truth because there are thousands of Nigerians in Uk who are NOT criminals.

Nobody washes his/her dirty linens outside.

Even if it is true. If your daughter is a thief, do you go around the entire neighbourhood, telling everybody you see that your daughter is a thief just because you want to say the truth?

Can you opload the video of all the sins you committed for the entire world to view since you enjoy saying the truth?

No sane president calls his citizens criminals in a foreign land. This is not about Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, PDP or APC.

Henceforth, Nigerians (good ones inclusive) will be treated like common criminals in Uk. They will be racially abused because their leader who is supposed to protect their interest has tagged them ''CRIMINALS".

Go ahead and defend him.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by banmee(m): 9:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
FLYFIRE:

Why are such an IDIOT? Where were you when your god buhar stole & hid 2.8B in Midland bank? Where were you when your god bubu said abacha NEVER touched Nigeria's kobo. May God from today rule your miserable life like the hypocrical fool bubu is ruling Nigeria today... say a BIG amen.

Here's what going to shock you. No single leader in Nigeria, past or present has ever had my support. But in this instance, he has my support. The yoruba's say that "omo buruku ni ojo rere tire". Meaning a useless person, in this case Buhari, can have his good days. Once in a while he does say sensible things. Also, the ability to accept reality will go a long way in making you a more sensible human being. America is considered one of the greatest countries in the world, even with their gun violence and some occasional lapses. It is all about percentages and what the outside world considers normal in America. In Nigeria, the outside world considers the norm to be corruption, a jungle justice driven society, an unethical society, an infrastructurally redundant country. The percentage of abnormality in Nigeria outweighs the normal. And oh, do you know that there are youtube videos on the internet showing Nigerian policemen asking for bribe? You can hide from the truth but the outside world knows what's going on even if you don't. Google is not always your friend.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by FLYFIRE(m): 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
banmee:

Here's what going to shock you. No single leader in Nigeria, past or present has ever had my support. But in this instance, he has my support. The yoruba's say that "omo buruku ni ojo rere tire". Meaning a useless person, in this case Buhari, can have his good days. Once in a while he does say sensible things. Also, the ability to accept reality will go a long way in making you a more sensible human being. America is considered one of the greatest countries in the world, even with their gun violence and some occasional lapses. It is all about percentages and what the outside world considers normal in America. In Nigeria, the outside world considers the norm to be corruption, a jungle justice driven society, an unethical society, an infrastructurally redundant country. The percentage of abnormality in Nigeria outweighs the normal. And oh, do you know that there are youtube videos on the internet showing Nigerian policemen asking for bribe? You can hide from the truth but the outside world knows what's going on even if you don't. Google is not always your friend.
So you have resorted to copying & pasting your responses... please go & sleep... YOU ARE DRUNK. That is the only reason you will be backing a retard dullard like buhari

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by banmee(m): 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
FLYFIRE:

So you have resorted to copying & pasting your responses... please go & sleep... YOU ARE DRUNK. That is the only reason you will be backing a retard dullard like buhari

Yes dude. You wouldn't believe how many idi.ots here who just don't get it. Why waste my superior intellect churning out epic responses. Plus, everything i have to say is in that post. Nice of you to notice though. I didn't think you had the mental capacity. Nicely done. See? A few minutes with me and your perspective is changing. I too much jooo.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Onyiridike(f): 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
banmee:

And British citizens are saints?

Why am I in the same country with people like you?

Are you are criminal since your god (Buhari) may soon tag you as one?

It is obvious why you support Buhari. Two of you are very illogical and lack diplomacy.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by XBLadez: 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
DickDastardly:
I love this man's sinpidity
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by EternalTruths: 10:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
thiagocrush:
Buhari hates southerners and he knows its the southerners that travel to western nations, If i may ask, can he say this in saudi arabia, can he say this in iran, UAE nko. That man is a pure bastard, a dullard, an ingrate! after collecting yorubas vote, he slapped them by labeling them criminals.

Abi na una plenty pass for UK, Suffer the consequences.

SAI BABA!!! We dey ur back for this one cheesy cheesy grin

The treacherous South is reaping the fruit of her betrayal grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by banmee(m): 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
Onyiridike:

And British citizens are saints?

Why am I in the same country with people like you?

Are you are criminal since your god (Buhari) may soon tag you as one?

It is obvious why you support Buhari. Two of you are very illogical and lack diplomacy.

They are not saints. Let me ask you a question. When you think of Britain what comes to mind? Is it corruption? Jungle justice? Graft? Underdevelopment? And, I am not in the same country with you. God forbid. I rebuke it in Jesus name.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by thiagocrush: 10:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
banmee:

They are not saints. Let me ask you a question. When you think of Britain what comes to mind? Is it corruption? Jungle justice? Graft? Underdevelopment? And, I am not in the same country with you. God forbid. I rebuke it in Jesus name.

You are a bastard, infact you and your house hold are criminals since you have accepted buhari's jargon.

Fool who haven't been on an airplane before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by banmee(m): 10:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
thiagocrush:

You are a bastard, infact you and your house hold are criminals since you have accepted buhari's jargon.

Fool who haven't been on an airplane before.

Lol..the usual nairaland. Style. When they are mentality incapable of providing logic, they result to cheap shots.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by daveP(m): 11:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
NavierStokes:
This administratiom reminds me of the book "one week one trouble", only that in this case, with each trip there is plenty of trouble.
Buhari guard your mouth, you have done this thing in Benin republic, in India, in Kenya, in the UK.

You are driving the final nail into the coffins of the numerous Nigerians who are doing their best to rack a decent living and contribute meaningfully to their host countries pls remitting money back home grin.

May God grant you wisdom to control your tongue when presented with a microphone or audience.

Mynd OAM please do the needful
lol Wilson Tagbo Okechukwu! Lol. When he climbed the cow with his shirt off as the cow ran here and there during interhouse competition. grin grin

i still reel in laughter everytime i read it.

Back to topic- a control of actions in position of power is needed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by grandstar(m): 12:08am On Feb 07, 2016
lanchy:
The truth is bitter! Nigerians in particular hate the truth!! If we have a positive image more people will want to work with us.....and invest in us. Right now the first thing most foreigners think when they hear Nige-ri (fraud/419/corruption)-an. We always think others are NOT watching what we do and forming conclusions on us as a people.

Its not a matter of him saying the truth. The leader of a country does not run down his countrymen.

Do you hear the Lebanese leader doing that despite the bad reputation they have all over Africa?

Or the Mexican leaders chastising Mexicans for being drug dealers and filling prisons in California?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by mikolo80: 12:15am On Feb 07, 2016
Flets:

Next time, Nigerians will understand what it means to have an educated politician in power. For now, lets live with the worsening image Bubu has painted to the world.
yes educated leader that couldn't provide electricity that we all agree is our main problem.that couldt mechanise Agric. that couldn't build refineries.... right
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by grandstar(m): 12:18am On Feb 07, 2016
lanchy:

Thank you! Including the drug dealers and fraudsters that tarnish the image of career oriented Nigerians....It's the truth, having Nigerians negatively in the media (Drugs/Corruption/Fraud) reduces the chances for well meaning Nigerians aspirationally.

Its not about him saying the truth. It is unprofessional for leaders to tear their countrymen down like that in a foriegn country.

Imagine Barak Obama tearing down American companies when he visited Ghana that they are fond of avoiding taxes when they invest abroad?

Leaders call their people instead and talk to them in private. He must always portray the country in positive light no matter what.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by grandstar(m): 12:27am On Feb 07, 2016
truthbastille:

Your state of mind is sad indeed. Its jus simple logic, u don't spread your dirty linen in public. When a president makes such unguarded statements, he has jus set in motion events that will bring the integrity of sincere business and honest people to question in international market place. Presently, every developing economy is trying to attract foreign investment making use of the available human capital and friendly biz environment.

Even Iran with all their past are making thier country and citizens look attractive in the world market so they can catch up with the super powers. Ever heard Russian president talking negative abt it's citizenry? No matter the crime they always defend thier own. At this rate buhari is going, the locust years of PDP might be the best in the contraption called a country- Nigeria. I hope you receive knowledge for your own sake

Tomorrow he will be encouraging investors to come to Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by naijaguy77: 12:38am On Feb 07, 2016

Fela talk am, but una no gree listen.

Proudly 5%

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by sweetgala(m): 1:59am On Feb 07, 2016
vislabraye:

Are there no positives ? Are there no Nigerians doing the nation proud ? If a president can say such about his country, how can he act against those people who kill Nigerians anyhow.

We have positives but at this point in time that is not the subject of discuss
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by metu4sure216(m): 5:41am On Feb 07, 2016
Flets:

Source:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/12143510/Nigerians-reputation-for-crime-has-made-them-unwelcome-in-Britain-says-countrys-president.html
I think this man is not a good nigerian representative...Is he trying to cause more harm to d nigeria citizens abroad or what?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by madjune(m): 5:56am On Feb 07, 2016
obasiken:

Tell us another story. GEJ increased our Foreign Direct Investment FDI during his tenure. He convinced investors to come to nigeria. Hosted the World Economic Forum. Rebased our economy to be the largest in africa.

All this man does is talk trash and damage our image oversea. If a father contines to call his daughter a thief infront of suitors will the daughter ever get married?

Buhari may not be perfect in his utterances ...

But I've a greater faith that under him, our economy will be salvaged to a reasonable degree.

If you tell yourself the truth, you knew where Naija economy was headed under Jonathan.

I wonder the kind of development you expected from him when his ministers were looting left and right and he turned the national budget into PDP campaign trust fund.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by greatiyk4u(m): 6:32am On Feb 07, 2016
obasiken:

Tell us another story. GEJ increased our Foreign Direct Investment FDI during his tenure. He convinced investors to come to nigeria. Hosted the World Economic Forum. Rebased our economy to be the largest in africa.

All this man does is talk trash and damage our image oversea. If a father contines to call his daughter a thief infront of suitors will the daughter ever get married?

And still left 25million Nigerians unemployed and 150million Nigerian poor.

I remember stealing is not corruption.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by wolu4: 7:13am On Feb 07, 2016
Sall:
You all can say what ever kind of trash about the president out of hatred . He still remains the best and corruption free president this country ever had. Unlike the previous silly and corrupt Jonathan that almost brought this country to down .
so d person dat said Abacha never stole any money is corruption free right, or d one dat submitted a budget dat has loopholes right? I can see dat his touch n follow charm has a very strong hold on u in particular. I said it b4 n will keep saying it Buhari evil, he is on a revenge mission.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Naturalle(f): 9:09am On Feb 07, 2016
Big Madam, he never said all Nigerians are criminals and he has in one or two scenarios celebrated Nigerians that are doing great. Countries already know that there are criminals and honest Nigerians, it is all over the news, they didn't need Buhari word to finally confirm this. He made a statement to buttress a point which is 'Come home, u are needed'. The same PMB earlier said that Nigerians doing well need not come home as the economy wasn't doing so great.

If a family member of mine is a thief that has refused to stop stealing, I will tell my neighbours so they can safeguard their properties. My neighbours will 1. Appreciate the tip and honesty and lock up, 2. Not expect me to pay restitution for stolen items because they have been forewarned and 3. Join me in praying for my relative or something. Biko, why should my relative's crime become mine? Which is what it will be when you cover up.

Onyiridike:

Young lady, how will you feel if OBJ or any other yoruba leader tells the entire nation that Yoruba women have reputation for promiscuilty and uncleaniness?

Buhari did not even say the truth because there are thousands of Nigerians in Uk who are NOT criminals.

Even if it is true. If your daughter is a thief, do you go around the entire neighbourhood, telling everybody you see that your daughter is a thief just because you want to say the truth?

Can you opload the video of all the sins you committed for the entire world to view since you enjoy saying the truth?

No sane president calls his citizens criminals in a foreign land. This is not about Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, PDP or APC.

Henceforth, Nigerians (good ones inclusive) will be treated like common criminals in Uk. They will be racially abused because their leader who is supposed to protect their interest has tagged them ''CRIMINALS".

Go ahead and defend him.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Onyiridike(f): 9:54am On Feb 07, 2016
Naturalle:

Big Madam, he never said all Nigerians are criminals and he has in one or two scenarios celebrated Nigerians that are doing great. Countries already know that there are criminals and honest Nigerians, it is all over the news, they didn't need Buhari word to finally confirm this. He made a statement to buttress a point which is 'Come home, u are needed'. The same PMB earlier said that Nigerians doing well need not come home as the economy wasn't doing so great.

If a family member of mine is a thief that has refused to stop stealing, I will tell my neighbours so they can safeguard their properties. My neighbours will 1. Appreciate the tip and honesty and lock up, 2. Not expect me to pay restitution for stolen items because they have been forewarned and 3. Join me in praying for my relative or something. Biko, why should my relative's crime become mine? Which is what it will be when you cover up.

You are simply too young or myopic to understand the implications of Buhari's statement.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 07, 2016
I don't wanna believe that Bullhari made the above speech. When a friend of mine who speaks decent english(based on Naija standards shaa) was asked to take English language classes simultaneously with his M.Sc in the UK, how come the English press claim to understand Bubu. It's a lie! Adonbilivit. My Bubu has been framed! Watch out if LieLie mohamed won't tell us exactly the same. This UK people self, who dem Wan deceive.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 07, 2016
banmee:

disappointment comes with failed expectations. I wasn't disappointed nor surprised when I finally confirmed you are one of the numerous shoe-shining slaves from the West. Yohruhbars worshiping and serving the caliphates since 500BC
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 07, 2016
banmee:

disappointment comes with failed expectations. I wasn't disappointed nor surprised when I finally confirmed you are one of the numerous shoe-shining slaves from the West. Yohruhbars worshiping and serving the caliphates since 500BC
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by oikechukwu: 10:35am On Feb 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oya Yoruba enjoy the image your "president" just made of you. grin grin

You already outnumber all in UK, highest in UK prison and getting deported left and right and the UK hats foreigners and more, your dumb president just added fuel to the fire. Oya enjoy your change

I pray please by God's grace, dullard, do not come to USA. We already got too much sterotyes to deal with because of that zoo, abeg I don't want a illiterate , no brain, president coming to f2k up the image I've created for myself in my workplace.

Enjoy change. How does it taste
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Ebukaobi: 10:36am On Feb 07, 2016
Rubbish analogy

No Yoruba should be offended if any person says that Yorubas are promiscuous or unclean as you put it

Why should they be offended if it isn't true?

Most people shouting are the ones who are drug smugglers and rogues

There is no Anambra family that has not lost a son to execution in East Asia . That is the fact

Those are the people that should take Buharis advise seriously

Onyiridike:

Go ahead and defend him.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Onyiridike(f): 10:44am On Feb 07, 2016
Ebukaobi:

Rubbish analogy

No Yoruba should be offended if any person says that Yorubas are promiscuous or unclean as you put it

Why should they be offended if it isn't true?

Most people shouting are the ones who are drug smugglers and rogues

There is no Anambra family that has not lost a son to execution in East Asia . That is the fact

Those are the people that should take Buharis advise seriously

Where did you get your statistics?

And how do you know that nobody will be offended?

Too many kids on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Ebukaobi: 10:44am On Feb 07, 2016
The implication is clear

It was an indirect policy statement to discourage nigerians from claiming asylum in Europe

It is very disgraceful

A 45 year old married with 4 children and claim he is gay just because of asylum

Nigerians risk their lives living in Libya trafficking drugs and crossing the Mediterranean to claim asylum in the EU

A black man, almost as black as charcoal will claim he is from Syria or Somalia and he has a thick Igbo accent

Sit down there dey deceive ya self

The criminality of Nigerians is well documented . We can decide to stick our head in the sand

Onyiridike:

You are simply too young or myopic to understand the implications of Buhari's statement.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Ebukaobi: 10:45am On Feb 07, 2016
The same place you got information that Yorubas are promiscuous and unclean

Onyiridike:

Where did you get your statistics?

And how do you know that nobody will be offended?

Too many kids on nairaland.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Dickson Visits Fayose, Inspects Ongoing Projects In Ekiti With Him / Benue Killings: Doyin Okupe Says Herdsmen Not Responsible For Attacks / Soludo Attends Palm Sunday Service: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.