Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,941 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist (1260 Views)

We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics / Why We’re Not Probing APC Members – SGF / ODU Threaten To Attack Ijaws In Lagos: Counting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ovia North East Local Government Area of Edo State, Pius Donyegha, has refuted insinuations in some quarters that the Ijaws in the state are settlers.

“It’s wrong to say that the Ijaws in Edo State are settlers. We’re not settlers at all. We’re indigenes of the state,” he said.

He adds: “Egbema Kingdom is a very big kingdom and we have various communities that make up the kingdom.

“The boundary that separates Delta and Edo State is where the Egbema Kingdom is situated.

“There are some Egbema communities in Delta State and there are some others in Edo State.

“Ofunama, Ajainkrama, Abere and some others make up the Egbema kingdom in Edo State.

“The clans were actually separated by the boundary adjustment that was undertaken a few years ago.

“So, if anybody is saying that the Egbema people in Edo State are settlers, the person is wrong, totally wrong. We’re all Nigerians.”
Re: We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by babyfaceafrica: 6:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
So
Re: We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by sirade(m): 7:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
Does that guarantee free land for an Ijaw man in Edo state

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2016
sirade:
Does that guarantee free land for an Ijaw man in Edo state

Na you give Ijawman free land? Abeg shift.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by Kyase(m): 7:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ijaw is getting popular, what will happen to my beloved tribe angry
Re: We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by sirade(m): 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Na you give Ijawman free land? Abeg shift.

so Tunde a yoruba man from oyo state can be given a free land in ogun because the two are yoruba state

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by GeneralBiati(m): 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
i wonder how we [igbos] copped with th is people, how come we igbos have never fought intertribal wars in the old times, i no like dull,let him come to mbaano/imo state and try this shit,him and his group will be buried alive,rivers igbos,ogonis, i hail una for your peace mindedness, unlike ishekiri and urobos that dont take shit[warri crisis]
Re: We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by Tequilah: 8:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
tombraokoto:
A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ovia North East Local Government Area of Edo State, Pius Donyegha, has refuted insinuations in some quarters that the Ijaws in the state are settlers.

“It’s wrong to say that the Ijaws in Edo State are settlers. We’re not settlers at all. We’re indigenes of the state,” he said.

He adds: “Egbema Kingdom is a very big kingdom and we have various communities that make up the kingdom.

“The boundary that separates Delta and Edo State is where the Egbema Kingdom is situated.

“There are some Egbema communities in Delta State and there are some others in Edo State.

“Ofunama, Ajainkrama, Abere and some others make up the Egbema kingdom in Edo State.

“The clans were actually separated by the boundary adjustment that was undertaken a few years ago.

“So, if anybody is saying that the Egbema people in Edo State are settlers, the person is wrong, totally wrong. We’re all Nigerians.”

I am scratching my head trying to make sense of Pius Donyegha's opening statement. undecided Who are the people that made the insinuations? He should name them, and shame them! cheesy
Re: We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 07, 2016
GeneralBiati:
i wonder how we [igbos] copped with th is people, how come we igbos have never fought intertribal wars in the old times, i no like dull,let him come to mbaano/imo state and try this shit,him and his group will be buried alive,rivers igbos,ogonis, i hail una for your peace mindedness, unlike [s] ishekiri and urobos that dont take shit[warri crisis] [/s]

Cant you make your comment without dragging Warri crisis into it ?, its like you lots were happy about it huh ?..

Ps; Ijaws re not settlers, Wat kind of insult is that, If they did call my tribe settlers i'd be angry, For the fact that Ijaw communities was caved into Edo/Ondo donnot make them settlers, Its just like calling Ofoni People (Urhobo clan in bayelsa Settlers).. Am nt Ijaw incase..
Re: We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by Rucheen(m): 7:13am On Feb 07, 2016
Not settlers but indigens
Re: We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by GeneralBiati(m): 7:14am On Feb 07, 2016
Goodboiyy:

Cant you make your comment without dragging Warri crisis into it ?, its like you lots were happy about it huh ?..

Ps; Ijaws re not settlers, Wat kind of insult is that, If they did call my tribe settlers i'd be angry, For the fact that Ijaw communities was caved into Edo/Ondo donnot make them settlers, Its just like calling Ofoni People (Urhobo clan in bayelsa Settlers).. Am nt Ijaw incase..
since u ar nt ijaw,wetin concine u 4 this matter. as far as av read,seen, they sabi landgrab pass fulani

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 07, 2016
ijaws are begining to sound like land grabbers to me

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist by sirade(m): 8:46am On Feb 07, 2016
Goodboiyy:

hmm I can sense land grabbing tendency from the bolded.

Urhobos are only in Delta state.

But even if there is urhobo communities in bayelsa state or 'enugu' state will that affect the standard of living of an average urhobo man

(1) (Reply)

Letter "To Buhari, While On Vacation" By Ena Ofugara on facebook / The 1966 Coup The Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated / Astonished Photos Of President Buhari In Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.