Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,824 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! (45626 Views)

RRS Searching For Corpse Of Doctor Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon (Photos) / Lady Exposes Her Boobs To Celebrate No Bra Day / Have You Ever Been Molested By A Male Doctor? (share Your Experience Ladies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Kennisch: 8:05am On Feb 07, 2016
My question is simple - was there a chaperone present during the examination?
If there wasn't, then I can believe her story of being 'molested'. I'm not saying it does not happen, in fact it happens everyday but like she said, he was young, which means he might not be experienced enough to see what he's looking for in record time.

However, there should have been a chaperone present. I don't care the age of the woman or agonising the pain, even if its a finger, I examine all patients in the presence of a chaperone. Watched too many movies as a child to ignore that important part of the practice as a doctor!

I hope others docs learn from this woman's experience though. It's an increasingly odd weird world we find ourselves lately.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Archiq: 8:05am On Feb 07, 2016
Madam how do you want to the doctor to examine your breast without touching it. Pus could gather in the tip of the breast, so all what you are talking are baseless. You started by saying the doctor is a kid. For goodness sake, you are there for medical examination and not on age finding mission. You are older than the doctor, but do you the medical training he has? Try and keep your fingers at rest and concentrate on meaning full thing, instead of typing trash. The year has just started!
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by swimcash(m): 8:12am On Feb 07, 2016
ignorant pple wil kip sayin trash abt d doctor, y nt tk sum very important point d op said, " she is d sensitive type" bein d sensitive type she tends 2 react 2 any contact. its only normal d boobs shld b caress in such a way, she was sensitive n got d wrong thought in her mind. her mind was nt as clear as d doctors mind, she closing her eyes its a sign DAT she is enjoying it n at DAT point d young doctor had 2 smile seein her reaction.. Na only dis part if d world women dey always over emphasize on nonsense issue, sum ignorant n childish girls dey shout "sue d hospital, u shld av slap him" lolZzz. wetin dey una body wey doctor Neva see? I too sure say d op type go also complain after child birth say d doctor molest her...lolzzzzzzz, my advise 2 u all, Always get d facts b4 making conclusion n @op..no even try am say u wan tk d matter up cos u go end up disgracing urself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by habsydiamond(m): 8:13am On Feb 07, 2016
Ladies wake up oooo. The young doctors are using Basket Mouth trick for una ooo. If u dull ursef dem go destroy ur syria ooo.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by omotaio: 8:14am On Feb 07, 2016
ase... tell me say you no gbadun the squeezing cool
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by bettercreature(m): 8:15am On Feb 07, 2016
She went for lump test,what does she expect the doctor to handle?
Go and ask how doctors normally fingers those who are seeking the fruit of the womb
Nonsense!
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by KingTom(m): 8:15am On Feb 07, 2016
This one created a thread and called mods tire, mods no answer am. ChaI I feel bad for naughtynaughty cry

https://www.nairaland.com/2896032/lady-felt-molested-male-doctor

1 Like

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:18am On Feb 07, 2016
Seriously speaking now. Why did you go to the hospital ? Did you obtain a hospital card ? Did nurses take your vital signs ? Did a doctor obtain the history about your complaints? Did obtain permission to examine You as a whole including your breasts?

Honestly , i find it hard that a doctor who you never had a prior professional relationship with will just stroll in to be the one to examine you !

The doc who strolled in might actually be the senior doctor who was invited in by the junior doctor . It happens .

A lot of the details are not clear for now. I will keep an eye on this thread .
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by IamOpemipo(m): 8:20am On Feb 07, 2016
U felt Goin b molested cos u were feeling the young doc, u mind was aiidy made up, even if he were frowning while @ it, u'll say he was squeezin it hard, dude shld av asked for a chaperone tho, so many naive peeps all arnd.
Cos i'm wondering wat joy he'll b derivin frm prezzin ya cancerous sagged bathroom slippers standard breast...

Damnit!
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by omotonyx(f): 8:20am On Feb 07, 2016
Ur next appointment is 7days's time right? Go back, let somebody follow u. "Off ur cloth" as he'll order u, try n endure it 4seconds n give him a very hot slap alert ur partner n arrest him. U'll see..., he'll be fired as well. What rubbish!
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by CioAngels(f): 8:21am On Feb 07, 2016
You did not react to it immediately and did not not tell your husband too, i think you should forget about it becos you don't have evidence. Avoid embarrassment.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by drwebs: 8:21am On Feb 07, 2016
@ Op, sorry for the way you felt. It happens especially as it was ur first time.

Next time, you can ask for a female doctor or a female nurse to accompany you, just simply explain that you won't be comfortable if it's a male.

Now to the issue at hand,
it's the normal procedure the doctor followed. In fact, I noticed the young man didn't even complete the examination propably because of the way you were feeling(guess that's what made him smile).
Before you examine a woman's breasts, you ask her to remove the bra to have full access.

Both breasts are examined even if it's one that's having problem.

The nipped are also examined and squeezed to check for any abnormal discharge which is also diagnostic.

The armpits are also examined for lumps.

After examining you while lying down, the doctor can ask you to sit up and do another series of examination. in fact, twice while sitting up.

I think you should simply overcome your anxiety and and the way you feel right now and go back for another examination as the doctor requested since you didn't even listen to what he said after the examination( You can ask for another doctor this time around).

You don't know what the doctor wrote down, it could be that he noticed something and requested you to come back. It could be he couldn't finish the examination because of the way you were responding and asked you to come back.

In these scenario, you ant hold the doctor responsible if you had a lump and he didn't detect it or send you to do the required investigations.

As regards to reporting the incident to your husband, you can go ahead, but let it be clear to you that you weren't molested, these are things you go through as a lady.

As you advice, you might need to be examined in your private part by a doctor, just prepare your mind for the worse if it's a government hospital, worse still, a teaching hospital because you might even be used by an intern or student to learn.

Once again, sorry for the way you felt embarrassed, it happens, sometimes the doctor might be the one that feels the way you do(esp if he stands attention while examining you), it doesn't mean he was having a good time. we are all human,

1 Like

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by DrTony1(m): 8:22am On Feb 07, 2016
@OP....
In as much as I wasn't present to know how everything happened between the doctor and the patient. I dont post regularly on this forum because of personal issues but I felt I should clear the air about some few facts for the sake of posterity.

In breasts examination after palpating(gently touching) the four quadrants of each breast and the axillary tail, next thing is to check for express able discharge from the nipple... This is done on two planes, both index fingers are used to gently express the nipple starting from the base of the breast to the nipple done vertically and horizontally and clearly thats what the woman described. I think the doctor only faulted by smiling making the whole process seem unprofessional. But YES expressing the nipple in two planes is part of breast examination. She ought have consulted a second opinion from a doctor to clarify issues rather than openly accusing the doctor.

Its also important to note that there is no such thing as a "Student doctor" its either a medical student or a doctor..... After graduation from medical school because medicine is a highly skilled profession licensed doctors engage i various postgraduate training of which housemanship(internship) is the first year of practice under supervision of a senior doctor for a provisionally licensed doctor to get a permanent license.

I believe I ve cleared the air on some issues.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:28am On Feb 07, 2016
adeekiti:
It is very sad most women go through all this in the hands of some male doctors, I think requesting for a female Dr should av been preferable in check up situations like this. In foreign countries, the man will be sued and his licence will be taken but in NAIJA, a lot of them go away with it even in cases that got very worst than this.. If she had allowed him to go ahead, I'm sure something else might av happened. Next time go in with ur husband
How many female doctors are ready to go for residency in General surgery & Gynaecology ? Very small percentage .

Those areas of medicine require long hours Which are not family friendly ; so requesting for a female doctor in this context may not yield good results .

1 Like

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by silkytouch(m): 8:29am On Feb 07, 2016
I think the "guyman" doc understood ur quietness and closed eyes as you enjoying his handling of your breasts. You mistake was not speaking out when the examination overstepped bounds and am afraid there is nothing you can do at this point since its been more than a week. But there is one thing you can do that might make you feel better about yourself, go back to the hospital and request to see him, when you are with him, give him the biggest admonition you can dish out, threaten to sue him and the hospital and when you are done, just walk out.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by menxer: 8:31am On Feb 07, 2016
Some women sef always playing the victim, what stopped you from pushing away his hand once you noticed the touching is moving from routine work to fun?

And you closed your eyes signaling the guy man he is giving you pleasure

you can't proof anything even if you report the doctor.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Sohot1(m): 8:34am On Feb 07, 2016
I can say the woman in question has inherent personality problems such that no matter who examined her, she would still misinterprete it.

Imagine her wanting to direct how the doctor should have and not have examined her....

Imagine her already assessing the doctor with a biased and judgemental mindset of being young and not old enough to be professional at his job....

The woman needs to see a psychiatrist/psychologist.

Besides, the ignorant woman called a doctor (house officer) a student?...I am speechless because he is a qualified medical doctor.

2 Likes

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 07, 2016
Oduduwaboy:

How many female doctors are ready to go for residency in General surgery & Gynaecology ? Very small percentage .

Those areas of medicine require long hours Which are not family friendly ; so requesting for a female doctor in this context may not yield good results .
this is why our government needs to encourage us more in this country and set up the health sector.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 07, 2016
the woman na idiot. For stuffs like that, she could have requested for a female doctor.

2 Likes

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Sohot1(m): 8:37am On Feb 07, 2016
saxywale:
the woman na idiot. For stuffs like that, she could have requested for a female doctor.

Real idiot!
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by drrat4all: 8:38am On Feb 07, 2016
Hello madam,
I am sorry but I have to let u know this facts.
1. U had an impression at the young doctor from the beginning, u can request for someone(a chaperone) to be present while he was examining u.
2. U shouldn't have closed ur eye,as that wud aroused u so easily.
3,i am not sure how exactly. The doctor was fundling u,but for him to do a breast examination,he will check all the quadrants, and he also need to express or milk the nipple.
4.he was smiling,that might be wrong in some contest,but not totally,
5.my advice for u is this,whenever u are not comfortable with a doctor or any nurse,u have the right to request for a chaperone,
My conclusion, the doctor hasn't molested u,as the examination process is the same as u described what he did,except for th fact that u had an impression and,u kept quite and closed ur eyes.
Doctors are humans,ur action will also arose some doctors ma.so u were also wrong.

1 Like

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 07, 2016
lool
nice one
adorablepepple:
I would advice you to tell your husband because it once happened to me but it was while he was using his stethoscope on my chest and the next thing he started touching my breast asking if I do examine it,immediately I collected that his stupid instrument and hit it on his head and used my shoe on him and I kept shouting till people came. I told my mum and she followed the case up. It happened in a general hospital. He faced the hospital committee . Women stop keeping quiet when been molested,stop it! Fight back
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by nastyesco(m): 8:43am On Feb 07, 2016
If u closed ur eyes...u simply enjoyed it while it last...u probably stopped him to avoid the Hot animal in u from taking charge of the situation
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by fiziebaibie(f): 8:46am On Feb 07, 2016
D annoying part is dat he ws smiling...maka y?
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by tyav7: 8:47am On Feb 07, 2016
Where you alone with him? Ethical standards require a nurse or an attendant to be present. Report to the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria if you are sure of wa you are saying and I'm sure it will be looked into. Social media campaign will only increase ignorant public's hatred for health professionals (which I don't think they care so long as what they do is ethical and in the patient's best interest )
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Akakol: 8:57am On Feb 07, 2016
I don't think you have been going to the hospital madam. The young doctor has done nothing wrong and I doubt if he smiled. If he had frowned you will have complained also. I am in that profession female gender could be funny. Professionally he is supposed to touch your nipples. He was checking whether you have gala tortuous.
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by fiziebaibie(f): 9:01am On Feb 07, 2016
omotonyx:
Ur next appointment is 7days's time right? Go back, let somebody follow u. "Off ur cloth" as he'll order u, try n endure it 4seconds n give him a very hot slap alert ur partner n arrest him. U'll see..., he'll be fired as well. What rubbish!
dat hot slap got me laughing
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 07, 2016
Smh
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 07, 2016
Female doctors are sometimes guilty of such molestation. I remembered some few years back why I went for a pre-employment test how a female doctor asked me to unclad and practically handled my manhood in the name of comprehensive medical test. It was when I discovered that she did not do that to others that I felt used............

1 Like

Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by Kayswat(m): 9:05am On Feb 07, 2016
igraman:
If I'm the doc ..I will do more than that.
Hahaaaaa mullar, imagine your wife cry home someday and complain something of such to you
So you're gonna encourage the doc to do more
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by 0gbeni(m): 9:07am On Feb 07, 2016
the doctor should have gotten a chaperone.. na how people dey lose their license be that..ignorance is not an excuse, avoid stories that touch today
dear op.. the doctor is meant to check EVERY part of both breasts, both the normal and 'diseased'.. so he probably was just doing what is recommended..
there's nothing like student doing housemanship, a doctor is a doctor and all doctors are students as they are always learning, unlearning and relearning throughout life ..
for those telling her to request for a female doc, how many women are ready to do long and 'unfamily-friendly' residencies like O and G and General Surgery?
Re: OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! by TheAdvocate(m): 9:08am On Feb 07, 2016
Can we see the pic of the breast to enable me comment properly? Thank yu as yu do that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Doctor Collapses And Dies While On Duty In Benin Hospital. Photos / Akwa Ibom Barber Dies From Poison After Vomiting Blood (Pix) / 70% Of Medical Doctors In Kano Have Absconded - Analyst Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.