Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,453 members, 7,781,310 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:14 PM

How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria (8336 Views)

Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide / How Do I Use My Phone To Transfer Money On My Ecobank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 07, 2016
Morning people,

I wanted to ask a very simple Question. I plan on going to west African nations to advertise my software business, I wouldn't want to get stranded along the line..
Hence I have chosen Ecobank as GTB and Zenith Banks isn't in most nations like cape Verde and some other places.

Now I am asking, what is the minimum balance to open an account with Ecobank. It's not a stupid question, hence I do need answers.
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by AdaAnambra: 4:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
You can open a savings account with as low as N2,000 and a current account with N5,000.
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
Opening an account in Ecobank, Nigeria does not mean you can access it in Cape Verde. You would still have to open an account in cape verde.

I advice GTB! FREE to open (Savings and Current)
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by anisalome(m): 5:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
You can actually open an ECO Bank account here and access it in any Eco Bank branch in Africa. Their current account opening amount is N5,000 and some branch can even make it easy for you by helping you get one referee. for more information on other bank check the source

source; http://www.talkasset.com/current-and-savings-account-requirement-for-10-nigerian-banks/
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Rick001: 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
gimakon:
Morning people,

I wanted to ask a very simple Question. I plan on going to west African nations to advertise my software business, I wouldn't want to get stranded along the line..
Hence I have chosen Ecobank as GTB and Zenith Banks isn't in most nations like cape Verde and some other places.

Now I am asking, what is the minimum balance to open an account with Ecobank. It's not a stupid question, hence I do need answers.

Lol I don’t think your question is a silly one. I actually have an account with them and find their ATM cards very useful when I travel abroad especially within African countries. Just send them an email at engcontactcentre@ecobank.com if you need more info
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Sandee10: 10:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
I’m in school and doing business in Ghana, and I opened my Ecobank savings account with 2,000 naira. Their card has been really helpful with my upkeep and business. My experience with Ecobank has been cool.

1 Like

Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by doyinisaac(m): 12:08am On Feb 11, 2016
Sandee10:
I’m in school and doing business in Ghana, and I opened my Ecobank savings account with 2,000 naira. Their card has been really helpful with my upkeep and business. My experience with Ecobank has been cool.
Were you able to walk into the eco bank branch in Ghana and withdraw without using ATM??
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by doyinisaac(m): 12:11am On Feb 11, 2016
anisalome:
You can actually open an ECO Bank account here and access it in any Eco Bank branch in Africa. Their current account opening amount is N5,000 and some branch can even make it easy for you by helping you get one referee. for more information on other bank check the source

source; http://www.talkasset.com/current-and-savings-account-requirement-for-10-nigerian-banks/
But coolsix said opening your account in Nigeria does not mean you can access it at another branch in another country...who are we to believe now??
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:05am On Feb 11, 2016
doyinisaac:
But coolsix said opening your account in Nigeria does not mean you can access it at another branch in another country...who are we to believe now??

I repeat, opening an account in Nigeria does not mean you can access it in another country unless maybe an ATM Withdrawal. That works but normal in-branch transactions, no way.

Just like saying because GTbank is in U.K i can go to U.K and be accessing my Nigeria account like i am in Nigeria
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:36am On Feb 11, 2016
coolsix:

I repeat, opening an account in Nigeria does not mean you can access it in another country unless maybe an ATM Withdrawal. That works but normal in-branch transactions, no way.

Just like saying because GTbank is in U.K i can go to U.K and be accessing my Nigeria account like i am in Nigeria

Quit contradicting yourself. How would you not be able to access an account, but you use thier atm to view balances and withdrawals? I'm not opening a domiciliary account but at the same time while I went to ecobank, I saw a man there who sent money to his child in Ghana, this man said these exact words "please let him be able to make use of it o, it's his school fees.. this money day go Ghana so....." suppose the money go hang shay he go talk so? which one u day sef
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by adamspee(m): 6:05am On Feb 11, 2016
please note that you cannot access your Nigerian ecobank account from other african countries, and you cannot send rapid transfer from Nigeria, you can only access you fund through the ATM, and the worse of it is that the ATM exchange rate is the same as the black market rate or even higher, yesterday 10/02/2016, i was at seme, i wanted to withraw 3000 cefa from their ecobank ATM, with my Nigeria ecobank mastercard, they debited me N1562 where as in the black market they are exchanging N520 for 1000 cefa, i keep wondering why they called it the pan africa bank.

1 Like

Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 11, 2016
adamspee:
please note that you cannot access your Nigerian ecobank account from other african countries, and you cannot send rapid transfer from Nigeria, you can only access you fund through the ATM, and the worse of it is that the ATM exchange rate is the same as the black market rate or even higher, yesterday 10/02/2016, i was at seme, i wanted to withraw 3000 cefa from their ecobank ATM, with my Nigeria ecobank mastercard, they debited me N1562 where as in the black market they are exchanging N520 for 1000 cefa, i keep wondering why they called it the pan africa bank.

Access how? I cannot walk into a bank(Eco bank) and ask them that I want to check my account opened in Nigeria, thats what you mean? Why this fellow bankers day confuse people na.
If only the ATM how much is the withdrawal limit?
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by doyinisaac(m): 7:55am On Feb 11, 2016
now I am confused....grin meanwhile the ecobank staff that attended to me when I made enquiries from them said that I can access the account in Ghana and even Benin too,is she lying??
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 11, 2016
doyinisaac:
now I am confused....grin meanwhile the ecobank staff that attended to me when I made enquiries from them said that I can access the account in Ghana and even Benin too,is she lying??

Even me way ask the question confuse pass you. Them no day even plan say make them give me direct answer
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by doyinisaac(m): 8:18am On Feb 11, 2016
gimakon:

Even me way ask the question confuse pass you. Them no day even plan say make them give me direct answer
grin
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
gimakon:

Quit contradicting yourself. How would you not be able to access an account, but you use thier atm to view balances and withdrawals? I'm not opening a domiciliary account but at the same time while I went to ecobank, I saw a man there who sent money to his child in Ghana, this man said these exact words "please let him be able to make use of it o, it's his school fees.. this money day go Ghana so....." suppose the money go hang shay he go talk so? which one u day sef

Don't try to twist my words..

Even the people above understood the message i'm passing across. YOU CANNOT ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT IN FOREIGN COUNTRY. I DONT MEAN ATM! Please understand! I mean In-Branch transactions as what you asked earlier.
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by nuelnuel: 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
I think the N1562 includes withdrawal fee which should be around 350 or close to that. Can anyone corroborate what I just said!
adamspee:
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Ayinla4sure1(m): 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
coolsix:

Well, individual experience may be vary. A cousin to my friend lived in GERMANY and has GTBANK account through the help of my friend who helped him to open it here in Nigeria. He used GTBANK ATM naira card to withdraw cash in Germany, but I don't know if the guy came to collect his ATM in Nigeria or he sent it to him by courier, but what I know is that, he was using the naira master card of gtbank to withdraw in Germany.
He also has GTbank token to do online transactions.

The guy has relocated to UK now from Germany.
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2016
Ayinla4sure1:

Well, individual experience may be vary. A cousin to my friend lived in GERMANY and has GTBANK account through the help of my friend who helped him to open it here in Nigeria. He used GTBANK ATM naira card to withdraw cash in Germany, but I don't know if the guy came to collect his ATM in Nigeria or he sent it to him by courier, but what I know is that, he was using the naira master card of gtbank to withdraw in Germany.
He also has GTbank token to do online transactions.

The guy has relocated to UK now from Germany.

Thats not what i'm saying! Thats not what the OP is saying!

I know the cards work worldwide. I mean going to GTBank Branch in London to withdraw over the counter
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Solitin40: 10:09am On Feb 15, 2016
Saw this on ecobank FAQ

Q:
Is it possible to open an Ecobank account in Nigeria and go to one of the African country to make withdrawal or access the account? Thanks
A: Yes it is possible to withdraw from another African country but in their local currency.
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by jiblow07(m): 8:12am On Nov 23, 2016
pls i need urgent answer to this question!can i withdraw up to 3times in a month in my saving account with my monthly interest untouched
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Adinije(f): 10:37am On Nov 23, 2016
jiblow07:
pls i need urgent answer to this question!can i withdraw up to 3times in a month in my saving account with my monthly interest untouched
Nope
Once it's up to 3 times, you will get nothing
Re: How Much To Open Ecobank Account In Nigeria by Atasieogadi(m): 5:29am On Aug 29, 2018
Sandee10:
please how fast does a new account take before it start working

(1) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Denies Interest In Anambra Election,Tell Punch:Verify Wat U Publish / Sell Tomatoes And Make Millions / Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.