Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* - Art, Graphics & Video (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* (54318 Views)

Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography / Sahara Group Unveils #TheGreenestLoveOfAll instagram Photography Competition / My Photo Manipulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by taiocol: 10:55am On Oct 19, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Fairy Tales of Lights

Let me know what you think..
I prefer the second imagery. still life vision

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Fairy Tales of Lights

Let me know what you think..

I love the second shot. The lights out of focus look really good.

SmooshCHN:
Moments

And they're all great over here! I think my favourite is the first though. The colour in the last one is great however.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 6:22pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hydef, taiocol.. Thanks guys I appreciate your feedback..

HyDef:

I love the second shot. The lights out of focus look really good.

And they're all great over here! I think my favourite is the first though. The colour in the last one is great however.
I've not been taking pictures for quite some time now So I'm just trying to get creative.

I'll keep the thread going. Thanks Guys

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:22am On Nov 06, 2017
One Behind the Scene..

I prefer to shoot outdoors with natural light. It's much more fun, easier to work with and gives forces creativity compared to shoots indoors with lighting equipments.

6 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
Lovely as usual, and the model as well.

The second picture looks to be a lower resolution though, compared to the 1st and 3rd(my favourite of this set).
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2017
HyDef:
Lovely as usual, and the model as well.

The second picture looks to be a lower resolution though, compared to the 1st and 3rd(my favourite of this set).
Just seeing that on my second phone. It looked OK on my iPhone screen but now I can see the problem.

I took that image with my 28-75mm zoom lens for wide angle. That lens is absolute garbage and I've dumped it totally for 85 prime.

I'm so sorry.. You won't be seeing any picture that bad..
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Brendaph: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2017
Wow
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2017
Some street photography..

Edited with Lightroom

Have no time to organize a shoots so I basically take my camera everywhere I go.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2017

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:41am On Nov 14, 2017

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 10:52am On Nov 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by taiocol: 1:26am On Nov 15, 2017
Shoot blur on purpose??
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 5:06am On Nov 15, 2017
taiocol:
Shoot blur on purpose??
I guess you're talking about the 3rd picture. It's not blur. It's a depth of field effects added to emphasize the leading lines on the rails at the extreme lower right of the picture. Take a critical look at it again. And the rails this time. Your eyes would automatically catch what's in focus.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by taiocol: 9:22am On Nov 15, 2017
SmooshCHN:
I guess you're talking about the 3rd picture. It's not blur. It's a depth of field effects added to emphasize the leading lines on the rails at the extreme lower right of the picture. Take a critical look at it again. And the rails this time. Your eyes would automatically catch what's in focus.

The second looks blur to me
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Sektion: 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
taiocol:

Do you know what bokeh is?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 2:11am On Nov 16, 2017
Great work, as usual. 1 and 4, I particularly like.

To be honest, I feel the railing in 3 is too 'small' a subject? Not that it's not good though, I admire the bokeh. The railing in 4 is much larger, perhaps why I have taken a liking to it, but that's personal preferences, as all the pictures are quite professional, and with artistic value too.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 8:03am On Nov 16, 2017
taiocol:
Shoot blur on purpose??
taiocol:

Sektion he meant the second picture. It looks OK on my phone and pc before resizing for Web upload.. So sorry about that. sad

HyDef:
Great work, as usual. 1 and 4, I particularly like.

To be honest, I feel the railing in 3 is too 'small' a subject? Not that it's not good though, I admire the bokeh. The railing in 4 is much larger, perhaps why I have taken a liking to it, but that's personal preferences, as all the pictures are quite professional, and with artistic value too.
Appreciate your feedback. Thank you all
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 8:16am On Nov 16, 2017
Same place, different looks. Sadly, I was in transit so I couldn't explore the area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 8:17am On Nov 16, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 8:19am On Nov 16, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 8:19am On Nov 16, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 9:03am On Nov 16, 2017
Oh my! shocked

Incredible photos! The lights, that blue colour that's prominent, and the contrasting 'darkness' make for an amazing effect.
And the subjects of the pictures are subtle, yet eye catching. Very impressive pictures.
Very very very nice. grin

In case I might not have expressed it clear enough, I love these pictures.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2017
HyDef:
Oh my! shocked

Incredible photos! The lights, that blue colour that's prominent, and the contrasting 'darkness' make for an amazing effect.
And the subjects of the pictures are subtle, yet eye catching. Very impressive pictures.
Very very very nice. grin

In case I might not have expressed it clear enough, I love these pictures.
Thanks My G. I apprecite.. I hope you're having a great week?cheesy
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Thanks My G. I apprecite.. I hope you're having a great week?cheesy

Oh yes, it's going quite well. Currently in my 2nd psychiatry posting.
How about you? How's it going?

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Khonifer: 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
Smooshchn smiley

Please come and continue your thread

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Feraz(m): 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2017
I tried street photography with a proper DSLR - a canon 550D; honestly, it was not easy as you tend to meet hostile persons. Nice shots!!! smiley
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by Feraz(m): 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2017
SmooshCHN:
undecided
Was that taken with a prime lens?

These girls, are they friends or aspiring models?
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:36am On Dec 18, 2017
Feraz:
Was that taken with a prime lens?

These girls, are they friends or aspiring models?
Yes!!! It was shot with a 50mm F/1.8 Nikon lens.
Those girls are just friends with zero modeling experience. cheesy
Feraz:
I tried street photography with a proper DSLR - a canon 550D; honestly, it was not easy as you tend to meet hostile persons. Nice shots!!! smiley
I know it's tough. I've tried it and I've never been satisfied with what I shot especially with people. The location and subjects matters a lot. You just have to know where not to cross the line (Honestly, I don't even try too hard or risk being harassed). It's just one of those part of Photography where you have no influence over your subjects or environment but interesting if you can break that barrier.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:39am On Dec 18, 2017
HyDef:

Oh yes, it's going quite well. Currently in my 2nd psychiatry posting.
How about you? How's it going?
Now I know why you've been absent. How's the posting going. I'd like to ask you some questions though.
It's all good here man. We're just pushing through. You know how it is na
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 1:40am On Dec 18, 2017
Khonifer:
Smooshchn smiley

Please come and continue your thread
Thanks man. I'll update the thread today. smiley
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by HyDef(m): 10:19am On Dec 18, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Now I know why you've been absent. How's the posting going. I'd like to ask you some questions though.
It's all good here man. We're just pushing through. You know how it is na

Luckily we're through with that posting. Things are rounding up for us here.
Feel free to ask, you can send me a PM if you'd like.
Re: My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* by SmooshCHN: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2017
HyDef:

Luckily we're through with that posting. Things are rounding up for us here.
Feel free to ask, you can send me a PM if you'd like.
If you're on IG, I can text you there. Emails, Whatsapp are quite stressful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Hakeemeffect: Advanced Nollywood Special Makeup Effect [ Graphic Images] / Newly Employed Security Draws Eyes On £740,000 1931 Painting In Russia(Pics) / Using Liquid Latex to Create Realistic Wounds and Skin Effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.