Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,436 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Please I Need Advice My Son Is Said To An SS Child - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please I Need Advice My Son Is Said To An SS Child (1302 Views)

A Reply To The Topic: It Is Possible For AA And AS Couple To Have An SS Child / Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient / Please Help An SS Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Advice My Son Is Said To An SS Child by bettyLad(f): 3:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
Nairalander please I need advice cos right now I'm so heart broken, confused and distabilized.three days ago my two years old son came back frm school all happy,active and playful,ate his lunch and few mins I heard a loud scream from him in his room ,when I got there he has vomited all over the place and put them in his eyes ,since then he started vomitting constantly ,few hrs later he started stooling and was loosing strength. I ran to the phmarcist to get some drugs which I got some ORS and malaria drugs
the next day it just got worse with swollen stomach so we took him to the hosp where they ran series of test which include his gynotype that came out to b an SS child .I'm still in shock cos my husband and I did all dis test before marriage as requested by the church that wedded us and he was AA now he did a rerun in a more equipped lab and it came out to b AS. Ve always been AS.I'm so sad right now and filled with lots and lots of thought
My son has never been this sick before and he doesnt have the look of a sickler, he look bigger than his age so we never suspected it or ever imagined it .doctors in the house and fellow nairalander with sickle cell please advice me on how to take care of my son properly so he doesn't go through this pain again 've never seen my boy in such discomfort , Are there tendency of having another child who 'll b free from this? Are there any cure for sickle cell disease ?
Pls I would love your contribution as my husband who I also a nairalander will b reading this and myself .
Re: Please I Need Advice My Son Is Said To An SS Child by drsmith1(m): 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ma I extend my sincere sympathy towards dis situation, but all hope is not lost..
First and foremost, concentrate on how ur baby ll feel a whole lot better now..after which I did advice ur husband and d baby should run the DNA test again to guarantee absolute precision

If the result comes out to be AS and SS respectively then you and ur husband should device a more healthy and stress free patten for ur baby cos of the fact that SS don't have a normal heamogblobin(blood) shape to transport oxygen to the necessary systems hence unwanted health episodes occurs.(don't worry he ll be fine)
Also abt the chances of giving birth to a SS again is not a 100% certainty.. The next cld be AS and even AA..
Lastly, pls consult a pediatrician..
All iz well!
Re: Please I Need Advice My Son Is Said To An SS Child by missKiffy(f): 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
So sorry for ur pain, your best bet is to see a doctor, dey would be able to answer all ur questions
Re: Please I Need Advice My Son Is Said To An SS Child by Lexusgs430: 3:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
Unfortunately, the initial blood test gave you a false result. You did the usual to avoid this situation, but were failed by the hospital or lab that performed the test(litigation against them is an option)
The possibility of having another SS child is very high. Has you already know, kids pull a strand from either parents.
Test can be performed during pregnancy, to determine the genotype of an unborn child(then both partners decide the best way forward). (not a cheap venture)
With this current situation, you would simply have to ensure the frequent or not so frequent crises, your son might be having, are managed as best has you can. It's a financial tasking role and both parents need to seek medical therapy, to be abreast of the health challenges ahead.
Goodluck
NB: Both couples AS, likely outcomes AS, SS or AA
Re: Please I Need Advice My Son Is Said To An SS Child by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
Carry him to christ embassy healing school autumn section and allow God do his thing
Re: Please I Need Advice My Son Is Said To An SS Child by chriskosherbal(m): 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
Everything is possible with God.
Re: Please I Need Advice My Son Is Said To An SS Child by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
bettyLad:

Pls I would love your contribution as my husband who I also a nairalander will b reading this and myself .
Saw the notification again buh didn't see and new mail. could you kindly send me a direct mail to olrotimi@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Why Eating Fishes Is Healthier Than Meat-healinicblog / Health And Wellness Seminar And Medical Checkup / VIDEO: Lady Breaks Her Neck And Lands In The Mortuary While Twerking On Her Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.