Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,857 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work (7983 Views)

I Designed A Bitcoin Community,pls I Need Your Advices. / C.A.C Website Palava! Who Designed This Website? / I Designed This Site For Ziiun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by Angelmichael88: 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
My name is Michael Kingsley, 17 years old from Imo State but base in Abuja. Recently got admission at OAU to study Elect-Elect. I did not learn programming and web design anywhere. With self-taught and constant indoor training, I designed and developed this website www.Citydrive.com.ng for a company. I was paid only 10k for the Job. Please visit the site, go through the pages and rate my work. You can also hire me for your website, blog and forum design at the cheapest rate. Call or WhatsApp me on 08148460046

2 Likes

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by Brai777(m): 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
A very good start. Keep improving
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by abiolert(m): 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
nice
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
Thats cool
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by ChinenyeN(m): 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
It doesn't look bad, except for a few div elements not being center-aligned with the header. It was #slider and .row elements showing up in my browser as left-aligned. I added "margin: 0px auto;" to those elements, using my browser's Inspector tool, and they're all center aligned now.
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by talk2hb1(m): 8:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
Nice try, your booking page before login is not redirecting very well to the register/login page wink
no post registeration confirmation notice, email listed on page (email harvesters can easily harvest it for spammers) you should consider using web form for the mailling, registeration page open to XSS attack undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by guru01(m): 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
Angelmichael88:
My name is Michael Kingsley, 17 years old from Imo State but base in Abuja. Recently got admission at OAU to study Elect-Elect. I did not learn programming and web design anywhere. With self-taught and constant indoor training, I designed and developed this website www.Citydrive.com.ng for a company. I was paid only 10k for the Job. Please visit the site, go through the pages and rate my work. You can also hire me for your website, blog and forum design at the cheapest rate. Call or WhatsApp me on 08148460046
@OP are you for real, do you still want another job after making mess of yourself in this one.
I will rate you -1/10.
My first job was 15k and look and function better than this scrap here. I will advice you go back to the class room and try again.

1 Like

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
Good work but for you to improve you have to be criticised,

Work on the width of your page in CSS, you must have used a Pixel value instead of percentage thus making your page too wide and so users with laptops smaller than what you used to design the site will have to scroll left and right regularly.

Your CSS should be cleaned up, work on a color pattern. On the site i can see blue, wine, black, white even your logo is yellow. Learn to follow design principles since you know how they work.

Page speed is another thing, the website is slow, you can measure the speed of your site on a speedometer (lol, no...use google to check some websites that measure site speed, I think google themselves have a tool for that.) just remove your javascript from your markup, create another file for it...maybe global.js and use external linking for it..

And is anyone really looking at their inspector panel?? that's what you should all be looking at, the method you are using for your slider can be improved too... and your HTML could be shotter with all the long and unnecessary mark up i'm looking at, except if you used a framework or so.. why do you have all your div's classed as containers? these are things you should look into.

That's all i can say, but my extra suggestions are you work on your footer and dude give your sliders a heading or a meaning, No one wants to see cars floating around!

**Note: Next time don't say your age, tell us what you did and we can check it out and give you a thumbs up, You being seventeen doesn't mean you can't even code facebook. (Just saying tho)

** And a big thumbs up for getting that site done, all the way from your pc up to the hosting platform for the world to see.. Many have given up on what you did.. Kudos and i hope you take my advice and work harder!

UPDATE

Add a Favicon to your website too, makes it look more professional (checkout www.favicon-generator.org)

3 Likes

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by Angelmichael88: 12:32am On Feb 08, 2016
Wow. Tanx a lot for the correction. I'm so happy for una concern. I will correct them

2 Likes

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by Nobody: 3:17am On Feb 08, 2016
Really good. Hope it's a real business
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by talk2hb1(m): 8:57am On Feb 08, 2016
Angelmichael88:
Wow. Tanx a lot for the correction. I'm so happy for una concern. I will correct them
change your admin.php to index.php
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by DonSegmond(m): 11:33am On Feb 08, 2016
guru01:

@OP are you for real, do you still want another job after making mess of yourself in this one.
I will rate you -1/10.
My first job was 15k and look and function better than this scrap here. I will advice you go back to the class room and try again.
You are an idiot of the highest order. If you have nothing nice or helpful to say, then shut up your stupid foul mouth.

9 Likes

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by guru01(m): 11:39am On Feb 08, 2016
DonSegmond:

You are an idiot of the highest order. If you have nothing nice or helpful to say, then shut up your stupid foul mouth.
You are a fool for quoting me.
guru01:

I will rate you -1/10.
I will advice you go back to the class room and try again.
What i said, isn't it helpful enough?
Do you want me to praise him and say you tried when i know he didn't, or did he ask the house for assistance to review his work when designing it. He is so dumb he can't even use a template.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by danidee10(m): 1:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
talk2hb1:
Nice try, your booking page before login is not redirecting very well to the register/login page wink
no post registeration confirmation notice, email listed on page (email harvesters can easily harvest it for spammers) you should consider using web form for the mailling, registeration page open to XSS attack undecided undecided undecided

Calm down and talk about the design first not security remember he's 17
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by danidee10(m): 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
guru01:

You are a fool for quoting me.

What i said is it not nice and helpful enough. Or do you want me to praise him and say you tried when i know he didn't.
Or did he ask the house for assistance to review his work when designing it. He is so dumb he can't even use a template.

I'm sori to say but you are a very bad and wicked mentor or teacher or Dev or whatever

Every programmer or designer I know never puts anyone down especially a small kid

If everyone put you down like this would you have gotten to where u are today.......smh

Op it's better you learn how to write your own front end code before using templates so you'll know exactly what's going on under the hood and you can modify the template to suit you

2 Likes

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by guru01(m): 4:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
danidee10:

I'm sori to say but you are a very bad and wicked mentor or teacher or Dev or whatever

Every programmer or designer I know never puts anyone down especially a small kid

If everyone put you down like this would you have gotten to where u are today.......smh

Op it's better you learn how to write your own front end code before using templates so you'll know exactly what's going on under the hood and you can modify the template to suit you
You don't need to be sorry. I am not back and i was never his mentor.
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by guru01(m): 4:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
@OP i will advice you that all this people siding you just want your downfall. They don't know a from b. Don't pay full attention to my critics, you have to go back to the grass root of css,html,javascript before moving to a server side language.

@OP supporters even a simple ready to use bootstrap is far better than the wack job he did. If he can design a website this horrible, i wonder how the PHP will look. Later, someone will say PHP is not secure or a horrible language.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by danidee10(m): 5:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
guru01:
@OP i will advice you that all this people siding you just want your downfall. They don't know a from b. Don't pay full attention to my critics, you have to go back to the grass root of css,html,javascript before moving to a server side language.

@OP supporters even a simple ready to use bootstrap is far better than the wack job he did. If he can design a website this horrible, i wonder how the PHP will look. Later, someone will say PHP is not secure or a horrible language.

oooh bravo you're telling him to use bootstrap when he has not perfected his html n css....that's like telling someone to use jquery when he dosen't know javascript well or use django when he dosen't know python well
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oho, my boys don start to dey fight as usual!

2 Likes

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by guru01(m): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
danidee10:

oooh bravo you're telling him to use bootstrap when he has not perfected his html n css....that's like telling someone to use jquery when he dosen't know javascript well or use django when he dosen't know python well
I wonder how people intepret what others wrote.
I said downloading and installing bootstrap is better company to what he did. I didn't say he should use bootstrap, but he can go ahead to use bootstrap since he already know html and css, just that he needs to work more on his design skills.
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by guru01(m): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
dhtml18:
Oho, my boys don start to dey fight as usual!
We no fight ooo, we are just disagreeing on some things. You know how it goes in our world.
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by talk2hb1(m): 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
danidee10:

Calm down and talk about the design first not security remember he's 17
User interface is a nightmare for me cry and I want to cintribute based on what I can easily do undecided age should be an advantage not a disadvantage for him. If I had all the oppprtunity he is having now, I did be a better coder today grin
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by Nobody: 1:39am On Feb 09, 2016
@Angelmichael88, never ever use any template in your life, you may use frameworks on smaller projects tho (did somebody just call bootstrap a template?).

I started my career using sites like WordPress, webs, weebly back then.. I felt like a god, but guess what?
i started loosing control, i couldn't even tweak a WordPress theme without some coding knowledge and people were calling me a "programmer"
at that time i had not even written an Hello World program in any language before and so i didn't want to be called a programmer because i knew i was only deceiving myself. Now i can call myself a pro in my field because i took time to meticulously study the art and principles of programming (i can now even decide to make templates for lazy people to use grin ).

Trust me there is nothing sweeter than seeing your hand work working well and solving problems (you wouldn't feel the same if it was built on somebody's sweat)

Things have changed now, if you don't have a good standard you'd be lost amongst the crowd.. Imagine being called up for an interview and you were given notepad to write a little program, will you be carrying your flash drive around containing frameworks and templates?, save yourself the embarrassment and learn at your pace, step by step. Age is very very important in the programming world, the earlier you begin the better for you and since you took a bold step at 17yrs by 25yrs you should probably have your own company already..
My youngest sister (The last born) is 10yrs old and she is doing quite ok with HTML/CSS, when she's back from school...gbam! she's on the pc, when she's free, gbam! it's the pc.. and anytime i see her, as usual i'm always wishing i had the opportunity to even know what coding is when i was 10 grin.

Simply put, improve and dominate.. don't be proud of yourself yet if you've not offered your best and don't listen to some lazyass programmer dude who's a flake telling you rubbish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 09, 2016
This time i agree with everypoint that you made?
^^^But who is that person that called twitter bootstrap framework a freaking template?

3 Likes

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by mrdino(m): 11:03am On Feb 09, 2016
guru01:

I will rate you -1/10.
Bro, kindly post d link to ur "first job" so that we may rate it just as d op boldly posted his. Secondly, Don't just criticize for d sake of it, criticize with correction just like DanielTheGeek did, that way, others on this thread can tell that u know what u r typing.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by mrdino(m): 11:03am On Feb 09, 2016
guru01:

I will rate you -1/10.
Bro, kindly post d link to ur "first job" so that we may rate it just as d op boldly posted his. Secondly, Don't just criticize for d sake of it, criticize with correction just like DanielTheGeek did, that way, others on this thread can tell if u know what u r typing.
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 09, 2016
guru01:

Well his wack first job earned him 10k and your "bad ass sleek" first job earned you 15k, hmmm
Just 5k difference between "mr wackoo" and "mr quality's" first pay

mrdino:

Bro, kindly post d link to ur "first job" so that we may rate it just as d op boldly posted his. Secondly, Don't just criticize for d sake of it, criticize with correction just like DanielTheGeek did, that way, others on this thread can tell if u know what u r typing.

Show us your first job nah, let us see it if you're bold enough! (What will it cost him to lie sef)

This guy is a really crazy troll, you are talking about the downfall of a person who is still trying to achieve greatness!, and all programmers here are fools is that what you think? (I just got pissed!)
I have been watching some Nairaland programmers for a while, followed up with their repos, saw some of their achievements and i'm proud of their effort, i believe they have POWER (power=Work/Time, work is effort and time is money).

DonSegmond
This guy is a veteran programmer, he shares good tips and advises.. he has a bunch of programs to his name and is always at the top of his game. https://github.com/segmond

Dhtml18 smiley
If you have heard about the dhtml console or dhtmlsql then you know Dhtml18 is a real baller that means business, working real hard to improve his programs, Dhtml18 has ridden his way to professionalism. https://github.com/dhtml http://www..com/

Talk2hb1
I haven't heard or seen much of this guy but I know this guy has contributed immensely to the programming section

Chinenyen
This is a programmer i can boldly recommend to people, he is very good with his stack and he has made me wonder if he reads my mind before posting solutions to others. He is a plus to the programming section here on NL. https://www.nairaland.com/2884082/text-to-speech-nigerian-languages

Me
Forget me, i'm a learner grin

so you can't just go around and say rubbish about people you don't know.

Google's Travis Neilson's first job earned him 0$ and because he was constructively criticized and was passionate he became one of the finest Web developers on planet earth. This what the website looks like today ( http://travisneilson.com/ )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLbUzwxkwHA

And what farm do you want him to start his grass root learning eh?, he needs to be a pro and he already (clearly) knows the basics of HTML, CSS & Js, taking advanced courses or tutorials and solving more problems will surely help... so @Angelmichael88 don't mind this guy trying to make you a farmer by force
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by yinkeys(m): 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
DanielTheGeek:
@Angelmichael88, never ever use any template in your life, you may use frameworks on smaller projects tho (did somebody just call bootstrap a template?).

I started my career using sites like WordPress, webs, weebly back then.. I felt like a god, but guess what?
i started loosing control, i couldn't even tweak a WordPress theme without some coding knowledge and people were calling me a "programmer"
at that time i had not even written an Hello World program in any language before and so i didn't want to be called a programmer because i knew i was only deceiving myself. Now i can call myself a pro in my field because i took time to meticulously study the art and principles of programming (i can now even decide to make templates for lazy people to use grin ).

Trust me there is nothing sweeter than seeing your hand work working well and solving problems (you wouldn't feel the same if it was built on somebody's sweat)

Things have changed now, if you don't have a good standard you'd be lost amongst the crowd.. Imagine being called up for an interview and you were given notepad to write a little program, will you be carrying your flash drive around containing frameworks and templates?, save yourself the embarrassment and learn at your pace, step by step. Age is very very important in the programming world, the earlier you begin the better for you and since you took a bold step at 17yrs by 25yrs you should probably have your own company already..
My youngest sister (The last born) is 10yrs old and she is doing quite ok with HTML/CSS, when she's back from school...gbam! she's on the pc, when she's free, gbam! it's the pc.. and anytime i see her, as usual i'm always wishing i had the opportunity to even know what coding is when i was 10 grin.

Simply put, improve and dominate.. don't be proud of yourself yet if you've not offered your best and don't listen to some lazyass programmer dude who's a flake telling you rubbish!

Well stated.

1 Like

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by guru01(m): 3:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
You guys can wail as you like.
I have said my own, and you have all said yours very good.
I don't need to post my first job here for rating, because I have posted it in the year 2009 on naira land.
By the way I am better than 90% of programmers on nairaland in what I do.

1 Like

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by Maxmmanuel(m): 3:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
guru01:

I will rate you -1/10.
Don't ever speak like that to someone, you never know who might employ you! *just saying!*

1 Like

Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by Maxmmanuel(m): 3:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
Angelmichael88:
Nice design Pal! You can do better. Don't be discouraged by any intimidation from anybody. Just keep trying till you become perfect!
Re: I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work by guru01(m): 3:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Maxmmanuel:

Don't ever speak like that to someone, you never know who might employ you! *just saying!*
Thanks for just saying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Programmers In Nairaland / Printing With Vb6 / Cnc Cad/cam Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.