Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

My Dog Is Going Blind :'( - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( (40334 Views)

Snake Killed By My Dog Last Night / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / Help, One Of My Dogs Is Going Blind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Cutehector(m): 10:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

Your comments crack me up cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin.
Love you dude.
pleasure is all mine. cheesy
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by phunkies9(m): 10:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
@ishilove from ur post its obvious ur pet is old and dying because a friend of mine once had a dog dat was abt 14 yrs or so and it went 2ru all wat ur dog is goin 2ru rite now(blindness,sluggishness,deafness and loss of appetite,sometimes very selective if he/she wants to eat) so my dear d best advice is jst 2 take care of him till den. About d other eye not going blind,I don't tink there's anytin u or any vet can do abt it,jst pray and hope but most importantly give him utmost care,dats wat he needs most now.

2 Likes

Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by karryn(f): 10:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
My dog had same issue its called TRIPPS its caused by snake bite or other harmful insects, d vet doc injected my dog with one vaccine like that though I have forgotten d name it worked.google will definitely tell u a possible cure for d ailment. Good luck
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Igwe2(m): 10:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
Is there no calabar dudes in your area?
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by ronaldbecky(m): 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
Cutehector:
it's a pirry it's gona die like chicken soon
chai.....all dis blood u r sharing....
lolz guy u wicked
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by faruz: 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
Cutehector:
the fact is it wil still die. cool
give diz dud3 a medal.......
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by sorextee(m): 11:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
Walahi, we were moving to our new house o. WE called one mumu vet doctor, make dey give am anti rabies.. d dog no gree.. initially, he started becoming too aggresive nd dumb(him dey piss for parlor, barking at his food,etc)... they had to call dog eaters to come carry him.. I cry dat day o. cry.. I know the average life span of a local dog is 15yrs.

Ishilove:

What killed him? 2002-2013 is 11, not 13yrs
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Babacele: 11:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
So sorry Ishilove. I have refrained from getting a pet as I doubt i would be able to handle the emotional void caused by their deaths. The fact of the matter is Ruggedman has tried. However take him to another vet and see if anything can be done to salvage the situation else, it may be time to start considering the inevitable - euthanasia.
hmmm.
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by ahnie: 11:32pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hahahahahahaha@khd95 n cutehector wallaihi una too funny.iyaff laff taya.lolz
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by NathyBongos: 11:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
[color=][/color] cry cry kiss cry cry I am so much in love with dogs bro please try any possible to assist the dog to make sure she doesn't go blind completely.....more ages to her too grin
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Nobody: 2:03am On Feb 12, 2016
Ishilove:
When living things age, they either age gracefully or age badly.

My 13 year old Bingo, Ruggedman belongs to the latter category. He will be 14 in November, but he might be stoneblind before then.

Ruggedman is already 90% deaf and the only way we can get his attention is by tapping him. He has cataracts in one eye, and it is already spreading to the second.

Now, my question to the house is this: is there something we can do to prevent the cataract overtaking the remaining the good eye? *sob* cry

Also, he is always coughing. He spends most of the day coughing. The vet in my area is incompetent (he collected big money to treat our Innocent, but the poor thing still died) so we are afraid of taking him there. Most of the dogs handled by this quack end up dying and we don't wanna hasten Ruggedman's imminent demise by handing him to the executioner. angry

*weep*

What can we do to help my darling Ruggedman? The perennial cough and fast approaching blindness is breaking my heart...

*wail* cry
AIDS and TB infected dog.....
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Eluwilussit(m): 2:15am On Feb 12, 2016
Ishilove:
When living things age, they either age gracefully or age badly.

My 13 year old Bingo, Ruggedman belongs to the latter category. He will be 14 in November, but he might be stoneblind before then.

Ruggedman is already 90% deaf and the only way we can get his attention is by tapping him. He has cataracts in one eye, and it is already spreading to the second.

Now, my question to the house is this: is there something we can do to prevent the cataract overtaking the remaining the good eye? *sob* cry

Also, he is always coughing. He spends most of the day coughing. The vet in my area is incompetent (he collected big money to treat our Innocent, but the poor thing still died) so we are afraid of taking him there. Most of the dogs handled by this quack end up dying and we don't wanna hasten Ruggedman's imminent demise by handing him to the executioner. angry

*weep*

What can we do to help my darling Ruggedman? The perennial cough and fast approaching blindness is breaking my heart...

*wail* cry

Send am go calabar! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Spidermon: 3:46am On Feb 12, 2016
Everyone is quick to diss the vet they have especially if he/she treated your pet and it still died. Most times, you only remember the vet when the disease has already progressed into a very bad case...and most of u patronize hustlers.

This is an old dog. Almost totally blind and deaf. There are standard vet clinics in Ikeja. U can try Pet care vet hospital. But do you love your pet enough to spend 100k on surgery?? If u can't, just have the dog euthanized.(mercy killing)...it would cost you sha
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Spidermon: 3:49am On Feb 12, 2016
karryn:
My dog had same issue its called TRIPPS its caused by snake bite or other harmful insects, d vet doc injected my dog with one vaccine like that though I have forgotten d name it worked.google will definitely tell u a possible cure for d ailment. Good luck

Half knowledge is dangerous. Everything u said is incorrect. This is just sad.
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Spidermon: 3:52am On Feb 12, 2016
sorextee:
Walahi, we were moving to our new house o. WE called one mumu vet doctor, make dey give am anti rabies.. d dog no gree.. initially, he started becoming too aggresive nd dumb(him dey piss for parlor, barking at his food,etc)... they had to call dog eaters to come carry him.. I cry dat day o. cry.. I know the average life span of a local dog is 15yrs.

Most likely your dog died of rabies. When dog no free take vaccine, why una no go vet clinic wey dey more capable of handling your wild animal?
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Spidermon: 3:57am On Feb 12, 2016
Kutunban:
Penicillin Ampicilln will do the magic from experience, 1 tab three times daily.

"Penicillin ampicillin" to cure cataract?? U must be an herbalist.

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Ishilove: 4:31am On Feb 12, 2016
phunkies9:
@ishilove from ur post its obvious ur pet is old and dying because a friend of mine once had a dog dat was abt 14 yrs or so and it went 2ru all wat ur dog is goin 2ru rite now(blindness,sluggishness,deafness and loss of appetite,sometimes very selective if he/she wants to eat) so my dear d best advice is jst 2 take care of him till den. About d other eye not going blind,I don't tink there's anytin u or any vet can do abt it,jst pray and hope but most importantly give him utmost care,dats wat he needs most now.
Thanks smiley
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Ishilove: 4:36am On Feb 12, 2016
sorextee:

He started becoming aggressive and 'dumb' because he was going senile. I never knew animals experience senility. Rugged hasn't reached that stage, and hopefully he won't before he expires.

Right now he has just one canine teeth left (the rest have fallen off) so he can't chew bone again. He is deaf, going blind, very sluggish and sleeps all day when he isn't coughing.

He is basically useless to us now, truth be told. The only thing stopping us from selling him is love.
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by inkreezz(m): 7:15am On Feb 12, 2016
kill d dog eat
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by delors(m): 8:18am On Feb 12, 2016
It could be surgically corrected but I ll tell u it's a waste of time n money. It comes with old age w w breed of dog. I had a bingo several years back n af 14-15yrs went blind (cataract) deaf n susceptible to every infection. It eventually died after al effort t keep it alive failed.
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by egee(m): 8:19am On Feb 12, 2016
Dude..just get the damn dog a pair of glasses sad angry
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by kemmy100: 8:51am On Feb 12, 2016
Well coming from someone who owns a dog. At the age of 14 your dog has become very very old. There are certain illnesses that are a sign of old age in dogs. Hips dysplasia, worsening eye sight etc. I would gladly advice not to begin to self treat your dog with thus and that. This is a degenerating illness and will continue till youndecide to put the dog down humanly or till it dies. Take heart, i understand how hard it is to see your pet age right in front of you. Take care man.

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by justnnecky(f): 11:45am On Feb 12, 2016
I have a good vet doctor in my location I live in owerri,IMO state where's your location,I might be of help
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Ishilove: 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2016
kemmy100:
Well coming from someone who owns a dog. At the age of 14 your dog has become very very old. There are certain illnesses that are a sign of old age in dogs. Hips dysplasia, worsening eye sight etc. I would gladly advice not to begin to self treat your dog with thus and that. This is a degenerating illness and will continue till youndecide to put the dog down humanly or till it dies. Take heart, i understand how hard it is to see your pet age right in front of you. Take care man.
Thank you so much. Those making insensitive comments don't own pets so they cannot understand how it feels to see a beloved friend degenerate before your very eyes.
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Ishilove: 2:43pm On Feb 12, 2016
justnnecky:
I have a good vet doctor in my location
I live in owerri,IMO state
where's your location,I might be of help
I'm in Lagos, unfortunately
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by madmadu(m): 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
Stancrus:
Based on ur story I think ur dog has an eye infection bro u can take her to a renowned vet for eye checkup 95% of eye infection in dogs has a greater tendency of affecting the other eye I don't think the other eye getting blind it really as a result of old age because basenji's (local dogs) are known for living longer than u aspect
Ar u sure dats a basenji? I dnt tink basenjis are local dogs... Basenjis are d only dogs in d world dat dnt bark. D local dogs i knw of dey bark die!
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Cutehector(m): 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
Is d dog dead yet? angry
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by moyarhtohbadt(f): 8:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ishilove:

How sweet.

This doxycyline is a green coloured capsule, right?
yea dear. Totally effective.
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
undecided you need to have a dobberman pincer.
AlienStar:
No, i love pets. I see 'em as helpless things that need to be loved.

Tho i don't hv anymore.
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Ishilove: 1:11am On Mar 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:
undecided you need to have a Doberman pincer.
I met an alsatian-mastiff cross today. There is nothing helpless about that creature. He is almost my size and could have swallowed me whole if the owner wasn't there.
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 13, 2016
cry cry Most of these cross-bred dogs today are monsters!
Ishilove:

I met an alsatian-mastiff cross today. There is nothing helpless about that creature. He is almost my size and could have swallowed me whole if the owner wasn't there.
Re: My Dog Is Going Blind :'( by Ishilove: 9:25am On Mar 13, 2016
Silkmoth33:
cry cry Most of these cross-bred dogs today are monsters!
Isn't there like a law against useless and unnecessary crossing? It's just plain evil angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meme Pretending To Slaughter A Cat Lands SA Man In Hot Water (PICS) / Lady Shares How She Uses Her Pet Dog To Spy On Her Boyfriend & Brother (video) / What Is The Best Security Dog??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.