Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 (2577 Views)

Job Openings At The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Nigeria / British Council Volunteers For Open House Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by debbie(f): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
Are you creative? Do you stand out from the crowd? Do you value a challenge?

Are you brimming with innovative ideas or solutions which can make a difference in Nigeria? Do you have a passion for change? Then you just might be the one we are looking for.

As a follow up to the successful launch of the Enterprise Challenge in 2014, the British Council in partnership with Virgin Atlantic, Zenith Bank and our new partner Samsung, proudly present the 2016 edition.

The Enterprise Challenge is an online competition which is designed to promote the development of entrepreneurial skills in Nigerian youth aged 18 to 35. The first cycle gave rise to 2 winners who won grants of 1.5 million naira each, had the opportunity to attend capacity building sessions at the prestigious Branson Centre for Entrepreneurship in South Africa and were mentored by globally recognized mogul and president of the Virgin Group, Sir Richard Branson.

This year, the programme partners have decided to take things up a notch! In addition to the prizes offered last year (i.e. grants, training and mentoring session with Richard Branson) there will be capacity building sessions offered by the Branson Centre for Entrepreneurship to the top 20 participants. This year’s winners will also get the opportunity to meet with and be mentored by entrepreneurs working in similar sectors in Nigeria and the UK.
The Competition

Task 1 - The Essay

“There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work than follow your passions – in a way that serves the world and you.” - Richard Branson

If you are up for the challenge, then here we go……… For this phase of the competition, we would like you to write us an essay. Please click the button on this page to access the online application form and complete your essay.

Success criteria:

The essay should be 450 words or less
Incorporate a business idea / product/ solution that you would like to develop into your story line.
Ensure you fill out the personal information section of the form carefully and be sure to include all information as required.

Deadline for submission: 9th February 2016. Entries submitted after the given deadline will not be accepted.
Qualification criteria:

All applicants should:

Be between 18 and 35 years of age
Have good English language skills
A Nigerian citizen resident in Nigeria (with a valid Nigerian passport)

Interested applicants are requested to read carefully through the terms and conditions. All enquiries can be sent to us via email at NG.Enterprise@ng.britishcouncil.org

Follow our conversations on social media as follows:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/studyintheuk

Facebook: www.facebook.com/BritishCouncilNigeria

Twitter: @ngBritish

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/enterprise-challenge

davide470
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by debbie(f): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
NOTE-It is ending tomorrow,if you are interested send in your application.
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by INTROVERT(f): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ok. Seen
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by ksstroud: 5:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oh I saw this on LIB..
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by baba11(m): 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
I'm in on this....there's nothing to be lost in trying
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by carimat(f): 11:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
It's so painful:I jst saw this and d portal is not loading
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by debbie(f): 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sorry deary,Other opportunities will come up.Try to be checking some of the stuffs i post here and every other post you come across.Cheers
carimat:
It's so painful:I jst saw this and d portal is not loading
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by ejirop: 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by Sociallyawkward: 6:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
Guys, Have they contacted anyone concerning the next stage?... Want to know when to stop hoping and move on
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by Gnen: 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
Sociallyawkward:
Guys, Have they contacted anyone concerning the next stage?... Want to know when to stop hoping and move on
I don't think anyone have been contacted yet.So let be expectant.
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by StPete: 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
Pls indicate once u hav been contacted. Thanks
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by bamdexfarms(m): 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
they said all selected applicants will be contacted on d 12th. I guess they have done their selection.
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
I believe they are yet to contact anyone.

I may be wrong though undecided
Re: British Council-enterprise Challenge 2016 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
I dropped a message on their Facebook page and got a reply that they contacted the successful entries over the weekend.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

List Of Top 100 Profitable Small-scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / Exxonmobil Recruitment For Graduate Accountants 2018 / Flatmate Needed In Lekki Or Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.