Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,010 members, 7,799,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) (55116 Views)

The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) / My Poultry Feed Formulation Experiment On Broilers. / Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by EOOJ(m): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
Very funny. U cal dis smal Nah, i have seen eggs way way smaller dan dat bro grin too smal dat it dosent even have a yolk inside but just d liquid
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by MPEROR: 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
Blame Buhari

1 Like

Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by DExplorer1: 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
Your ancestors has reincarnated... don't eat that egg.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by donbrowser(m): 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
It's simple..... Just end time eggs!

1 Like

Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
sonnie10:
Winter, summer and spring in Nigeria? This is exactly what happens when someone can not even properly edit a copy and paste article. For the fact that you added a few of your own words into that write-up turned everything to a messy bunch of confusion.

hello, whr do u get papers for ur research works.
don't hit d'player man.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by aolumaxi(m): 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
zika egg
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
EOOJ:
Very funny. U cal dis smal Nah, i have seen eggs way way smaller dan dat bro grin too smal dat it dosent even have a yolk inside but just d liquid

I guess it's it camera dat magnified it. I tell u, it's too tiny.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
brownjulie:
agric stuff, not my field
lol... juz Laffin'
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by LEXYCOM: 7:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
Na jara be dat

2 Likes

Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by kilokeys(m): 7:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
brownjulie:
agric stuff, not my field

At least u eat them
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
VickyRotex:
The egg aint that tiny na. I see such size in the market.

Well, Nice Poultry Advert. Baba God will pick up your call for nice buyers cool

Advert? lol, u cracked me up.
Has already picked.
Dat egg is too tiny. was surprised today, cos in all my research yrs, hv longed to see it in my farm.
Tnkz for ya wish.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by EOOJ(m): 7:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
Josephamstrong1:

I guess it's it camera dat magnified it. I tell u, it's too tiny.
dats a lie. Its not d camera abegi. Comparing d proportion of d egg to palm alone has said it all. Guy i hav seen smaller eggs dan dis. Take it or leave it.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
lexzycc:
Guy with ur smile, nah u lay that egg, just chop the feed softly. Congrats anyway u laid one

Tnkz a bunch...lol.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by LOVEGINO(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Symptom of bird flu. That poultry need to be close!

1 Like

Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by sayyid(m): 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
Josephamstrong1:

I swear, u haven't. don't mind d camera. U self can't eat it.
see you, between this one and guinea fowl egg which one big pass?
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
EOOJ:
dats a lie. Its not d camera abegi. Comparing d proportion of d egg to palm alone has said it all. Guy i hav seen smaller eggs dan dis. Take it or leave it.

it's A'it.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by Junkab: 7:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
Any thermo-physiological effect depends on varieties of factors viz a viz nutrition, breed or species,age of the birds,environment including temperature, humidity,stocking density and others. The egg size can be manipulated when temperature is not favourable. Manipulation can be done nutritionally or use of additives.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by yemoxyl(m): 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
Op be using style to advertise yourself ooo
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
drey08:
1ST PIC: THE POOR EGG

2ND PIC: I DNT KNW WHAT THIS DUDE IS SHOWING US

3RD PIC: THIS IS ME

clap for ursef u don enter fp

Hahaha...lol. funny.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by serikiYCU(m): 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
There is no cause for alarm op. Your chicken I probably I am earl laying stage. With time, your egg will reach market size. Well done and I wish u a profitable agricbisness
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by shogz89: 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
If you have a poultry you will see a lot of things. There was a time I saw and egg with two yokes and some with no yoke at all grin
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
clefstone:
This na normal thing na. Maybe na d first egg d babe dey lay be that. Abi u just start to rear chicken?

lol... u didn't read my post I guess.
u don't see ds typa egg in first lay or drop.

Juz a research work bro... not rear.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by sonnie10: 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Josephamstrong1:

hello, whr do u get papers for ur research works.
don't hit d'player man.

Research is a rigorous academic endeavor. You have to work to collect data from observing, interviewing and interacting with your subject using appropriate research instruments. Additionally, literature reviews, background frameworks are added and properly cited in the report.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by tunex11(m): 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
Josephamstrong1:
Now you here, ever seen this type of egg? forget the camera, the egg is so "tiny". These ain't quail, duck or goose egg. It's the normal brown table eggs you eat. We call it Pheasant egg.
Now the question is what might have lead to this?
I'm sorry to disappoint fellow Animal scientists in the house that it isn't any of these factors; Nutrition, Artificial lighting, diseases, species...Nah.
This is temperature...lol.
Once broke a record in my layers exposition of getting an egg two size the normal table egg with this same species. How did it happen? Gist for another day.
Hens start laying in spring/rainy. An early or late start depends on the strain and age of hens, weather conditions, methods of housing, feeding and general husbandry practices. If conditions are favourable, some strains of birds will start to lay in August, while others may not start until October. It is best not to breed from hens younger than 8 months because they take longer to come into production and they lay fewer eggs. As a general rule, chicks hatched after March will not be mature enough to breed that year. If the late winter/dry and early spring months are warm, just as we are now. That's what you'll see, not as first drop but during end of winter.
Scientists and beginners in the house. If you've experienced same, share your ideas and what you think that might have lead to yours.

Moderators, no knowledge is a waste.

From d pix if u compare d two eggs d oder is bigger. It's an indication of Newcastle disease ( simply means u have to re-vaccinate).
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by clefstone(m): 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
Josephamstrong1:

lol... u didn't read my post I guess.
u don't see ds typa egg in first lay or drop.

Juz a research work bro... not rear.
I hv seen exactly same type of egg in my mum's backyard poultry many times. They r usually darker than the normal sized eggs. I know what am talking about boy
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by habsydiamond(m): 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
Bro sowie ooo. Na Aba made chicken u get for ur poultry. Back to business. It means that's a fowl's first lay. Fear not ooo it happens.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by Mom007(f): 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
Lol. You must be a baby farmer. saw lots of those when I was into that line. Forgotten what they are called but they are totally normal. Google will tell you more.
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by Bussietos(m): 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
It is one of the egg defect usually observed when d birds are getting old u have to improve the calcium to poshporous ration and also d protein in d feed. Inclussion of natural antioxidant in the diet also help to improve d egg product an meat quality
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by iomoge2(f): 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
alanposh:
End time poultry
That Egv can pass my nose o...
Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by searay(m): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
This typically happens with a new layer as her body is getting into the rhythm of laying, but it can also happen with older birds if there has been a disturbance that upsets their usual cycle.

However, the following mangement factors can be solely or collectively responsible for the egg size.

1. Hen body weight; is the key to increased egg size. Bigger hens produce larger eggs than smaller hens and bigger breeders produce larger eggs than smaller breeders. It could happen that as the time of the bird laying the egg, the hen's body weight was dropped.

2. Protein level in the feed; can be used to alter egg size at different stages of production. In the first couple of months of egg production feeding a high, 18% to 20% protein layer ration will increase egg size. After the flock has reached maximum egg production, high protein diets no longer promote large increases in egg size. After 36 weeks of age, feeding rations with 15% to 17% protein will help to slow increases in egg size.

3. Lighting programs influence egg size by accelerating or delaying the age at which hens start to lay eggs. The younger a hen is when she starts egg production, the smaller her eggs will be during her first year of life. The start of egg production can be delayed by providing 10 hours or less of light each day to 19 weeks of age. Decreasing the daily hours of light at any time after 10 weeks of age will also delay the start of egg production.

4. Skeletal size has some impact on egg size. Hens with bigger and longer bones tend to become bigger hens and lay bigger eggs. The protein level in the ration fed before 10 weeks of age is the main factor influencing skeletal size of any particular breed of hen. If you want pullets with bigger skeletons, feed a starter diet until 8 or 10 weeks of age instead of just 6 weeks of age.

5. Feed intake has a direct impact on the hens’ intake of nutrients and the size of eggs that they produce. Any factor that limits feed consumption, for example crowding, heat stress or inadequate water supply, will reduce egg size.

These factors also have a strong influence on how soon the hens start to lay Large instead of Medium eggs and how many hens will lay Extra Large or Jumbo eggs.

2 Likes

Re: The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) by ahizih(m): 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
Josephamstrong1:
Now you here, ever seen this type of egg? forget the camera, the egg is so "tiny". These ain't quail, duck or goose egg. It's the normal brown table eggs you eat. We call it Pheasant egg.
Now the question is what might have lead to this?
I'm sorry to disappoint fellow Animal scientists in the house that it isn't any of these factors; Nutrition, Artificial lighting, diseases, species...Nah.
This is temperature...lol.
Once broke a record in my layers exposition of getting an egg two size the normal table egg with this same species. How did it happen? Gist for another day.
Hens start laying in spring/rainy. An early or late start depends on the strain and age of hens, weather conditions, methods of housing, feeding and general husbandry practices. If conditions are favourable, some strains of birds will start to lay in August, while others may not start until October. It is best not to breed from hens younger than 8 months because they take longer to come into production and they lay fewer eggs. As a general rule, chicks hatched after March will not be mature enough to breed that year. If the late winter/dry and early spring months are warm, just as we are now. That's what you'll see, not as first drop but during end of winter.
Scientists and beginners in the house. If you've experienced same, share your ideas and what you think that might have lead to yours.

Moderators, no knowledge is a waste.
The hen condom burst so the sperm enter inside small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Huge Python Killed In Isuikwuato, Abia After Swallowing Sheep (Picture) / I Saw A Boa In My Farm Today / Man Spots A Python In His Poultry In Bayelsa. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.