Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani (25255 Views)

NEW BANK NOTES DENOMINATION:-₦25, ₦250, ₦750! NEW CURRENCY, NEW HOPE! / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets / EFCC Targets 750 New Employments, Moves To Investigate Diezani, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by hammariise(m): 6:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
The ongoing fight against corruption by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will soon enter the petroleum industry as all preliminary investigations have been concluded, acting chairman of the commission, Ibrahim Magu said on Monday.

He said towards strengthening the crusade, the anti-graft agency plans to recruit additional 750 different cadre staff this year that will add to the core work of the commission.

The EFCC boss revealed this when he appeared before the House of Representatives financial crimes committee to defend the 2016 budget proposal.

Magu was asked by Rep Razak Atunwa (APC, Kwara) on whether the agency will go after the former minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Allison-Madueke; Kola Aluko; former Finance Minister Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and some oil companies in its ongoing fight.

But he wasn't specific in his response, as he only replied that "very soon, we will go into the petroleum industry."

On the EFCC's 2016 budget, Magu complained that a slash to the commission's allocation of N1.60 billion may undermine its ongoing operations.
He said the ministry of Budget and National Planning had reduced the agency's overhead cost for 2016 from the proposed N2, 999 billion to N1, 389 billion which could affect corruption crusade.

Areas to be seriously affected, he said, are the investigative activities, manpower development and maintenance of logistics.
He urged the lawmakers to consider the approval of an additional N500 million for the agency in order to aid its operational activities "as more sectors of the economy may likely come under investigative activities during the year."

www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/efcc-targets-750-new-employments-moves-to-investigate-diezani-others/132690.html

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by ORACLE1975(m): 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
I love this country always target

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by Jusmudi(m): 6:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nigeria don kpafu-ka
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by deji68: 6:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmn so u want to Start Investigation now? ....on Twitter and fb Deaziani is already a convict .... undecided undecided

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by hammariise(m): 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
To me it's a good and welcome development

Oya hit like for Buhari and Magu, and share if otherwise

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by Elosky20: 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
by now Mr magu must be preparing his monday hammer to smash our frog eyed oil minister's head.
And a particular ethnic group will start chanting MARGINALISATION

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by ddippset(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
Halleluya, Magu is smiling today. So EFCC needs 750 foot soldiers. You think that will be enough?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by hammariise(m): 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
ddippset:
Halleluya, Magu is smiling today. So EFCC needs 750 foot soldiers. You think that will be enough?

It's topup though

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by Leebeedo(m): 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
What have you done in the defence ministry for the past 8 months? All you guys do is to try people online and fools up in here will be showering praise on you and your cronies........not a single conviction yet !

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by brownjulie(f): 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
don't just say gentle man, start doing already
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by APCcrimes: 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
The Daura Dulllard at it again grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by richidinho(m): 6:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
mttcheeew.....who cares
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by donbrowser(m): 6:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
How far have u gone with what you have?
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by Iroh88(m): 6:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
I feel my current job isn't tasking enough. I'd like to work for the most active government agency of today!

Make dem employ me make I just dey help write EFCC, KEEP OFF ontop the buildings put up by Goats.

Baba Daura, please look favourable on my application. I'm willing to forfeit the fortune I'm currently making walahi! grin

Ps: It has come to our notice why "certain people" appear terribly pained and angry at the statement allegedly made by Buhari during the interview with the Telegraph. Indeed it has been established he NEVER called "Nigerians" criminals. The mistake Baba did was making particular reference to DRUG TRAFFICKING when giving reasons why people in the West view Nigerians with suspicion. "They" thought that was an innuendo aimed at them. cheesy

On behalf of Baba, X%ers, accept this sincere apology. Baba never meant any harm. grin

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by olaskul(m): 6:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
Abeg once the vacancy is out make we know... undecided

1 Like

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by menix(m): 6:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
Job slot wey don full before the announcement..

Maybe when them probe OBJ or Tinubu, prisons go recruit 1000..
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by kennyman200(m): 6:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by nkemjacob2(m): 6:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
U pple show employ me, cos right now am filling d heat of d dwindling economy. Cos by dis wikend politicians....
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by nkemjacob2(m): 6:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
U pple show employ me, cos right now am filling d heat of d dwindling economy. Cos by dis wikend politicians....
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ok...I must state that I have enjoyed Nairaland front page stories the most today.

grin
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by Edubrazilnwa(m): 6:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
Oluwa bikozinu pick my call,missed call dn dey too much
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by judey1992(m): 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
EFCC hv always been a joke to me.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by dejonathan(f): 6:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
Some Will Av Start Dusting Der Certificate Now....It's Time To Work!!!!!
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by Realhommie(m): 6:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
nkemjacob2:
Eiya.... Doh

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by Flexherbal(m): 6:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
Good move.
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by SylarsMcQuins: 6:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
They've started, easier said than done. Always giving dem Zoms hope to dey can kip on trolling..
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by gasgenius(m): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
Menh , since last year of story of employment
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by Realhommie(m): 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
The investigation of the Petroleum industry is long overdue.... #Anticipating
Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by Rapmoney(m): 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
I said it!!! They would always give Nigerians a substantial amount of rubbish to chew every week! This whole 'fight against corruption' is becoming boring and stale! Boost agriculture, industrialize this damn country and create employment for the youths! They are the future of Nigeria! Leave all these window-dressing tactics; we from Jankara University already know the outcome of this whole crap; they should save it for the kids in kindergaten!!! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Targets 750 New Employment, Moves To Investigate Diezani by gentle007(m): 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
Leebeedo:
What have you done in the defence ministry for the past 8 months? All you guys do is to try people online and fools up in here will be showering praise on you and your cronies........not a single convict yet !

And never will there be a convict. I doubt if they are trained.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Masked Niger-Delta Militants Root For Tinubu, Vow To Deliver Region For APC / How Bala Mohammed Tied Down PDP Governorship Ticket While Running For President / Atiku Abubakar Greets Governor Wike At 55

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.