Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz (3331 Views)

[MIXTAPE] Deep In Love Mixtape Vol 5 - Dj Skuboy / FROM UGANDA : Rema - Deep In Love ( Sweeeet Music!!! ) / Most Memorable Lines You've Heard In Rap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2009
Hey, You think no one knows about rap more than you? Common, if your role model seems to be an underground artist, This thread will show you that more guyz like you grind hard than you. For me i cop with T-rock the best lyricist from the south (Not in Naija)
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 8:50am On Jul 05, 2009
For this whole naija, no body know who be T-rock, gangsta boo and pastor troy but i know say few know three 6 mafia. Una nor dey try at all. If na timaya or brackett una nor go let people here word. Na people like sauce kid, kel, ghetto p and rukus i dey ride with. I nor be the kind person wey get time for all these jagu-jagu music. If na the ability to pick the lyrics dey worry una! Hum hum.
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by obinna5000(m): 11:13am On Jul 05, 2009
@Mafia4Life
What do think about guys like Tech9ne, Wordsworth, Consequence, and XYZ (of str8 buttah)?
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 11:38am On Jul 05, 2009
@ obinna5000
its not about pasting names from the internet. I have heard of tech9ne. But for others? nope. These once i called, i got their albums from A-Z. You know slikk from collage pack georgia? I spoke with him last week. You know bone crusher(attenCHUN!)?
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Krayola(m): 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2009
I aint ever scared!!!! AARRRHGGHHHH!!
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 1:48pm On Jul 05, 2009
@ krayola
bone crusher is harder than jarule. What about pastor troy and david banner?
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Krayola(m): 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2009
wtf has ja rule got to do with nythin? where did that come from? . . don't remember mentioning his name

I like David Banner. . . smart guy. used to be a fan

Pastor Troy na bad guy. Grimy shit

Bonecrusher is wack tho!!! He only had one song i liked, i heard his album and it was terrible

M.O.P is where its at though. Na dem master be dat
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2009
@ krayola
well you fit say bone crusher wack. Like you said his album is treble but just say the truth for this question. For beats among bone crusher, M.O.P, jarule, D.M.X and david banner who try pass?
What about this guy lil jon?
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by obinna5000(m): 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2009
Mafia4life:

@ obinna5000
its not about pasting names from the internet. I have heard of tech9ne. But for others? nope. These once i called, i got their albums from A-Z. You know slikk from collage pack georgia? I spoke with him last week. You know bone crusher(attenCHUN!)?

@Mafia4Life
I've not heard from Bone Crusher since 2003.
The guys I mentioned earlier, even though they don't have albums, I still feel their flow.
You should remeber Consequence in the tracks "Spaceship" (Kanye West's College Dropout album) and "Gone" (Kanye West's Late Registration album).
M.O.P. rocks. From "Ante Up" to "Cold As Ice".
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2009
Bone crusher have 2 more albums after attenchun but the one i have is called free! He fu@ked up this time around. Who do you ride with? Eastcoast, westcoast or southside? I ride with southern artist because their beats are super-hard. Have you ever feel any shit from T-rock? When it comes to fast rap, he will murder twista and cap one (not cap one of CNN i mean the cap one feat. on rashedda's album) when it comes to rhyme he will murder lloyd banks and eminem, when it comes to hard shit, he will murder uncle murder and three 6 mafia. If you want to feel his shit either by download or streaming tell me then i will give you a link.
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by obinna5000(m): 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2009
@Mafia4Life
Southside rappers can be very annoying. The only south rappers I feel are OutKast, T.I., Ludacris, Lil' Jon and Ying Yang Twins. If you have any download or streaming link for any T-Rock song, let me know and feel his flow.
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Krayola(m): 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2009
One of my favourite MOP tracks of all time. Actually one of my favorite rap songs of all time. YOu don't need a hard beat or to make a lot of noise to be hard. U're either hard or not. Sounding hard doesn't make u hard, "hardness" is as much about content as sound.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpXcxmbp2Os&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

this one is a bonus for Dj Premier fans. FIRE!!!   wink

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DoqinbB2gs&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ obinna5000
the reason why people say southern rapper are annoying is this. They lack rhyme (that was then), they only talk about hoes, guns, swag and weed. But the main reason why you hate them is you laid your hands to rappers like soilja boy, lil wayne and these newbies who love snap musics like gucci mane and oj da juice man. Cop wit pips like j-green, slikk, t-rock, chamillionaire, ugk, prophet posse, drumma boy, lil wyte etc. You use bittorrent? Try mixtapetorrent.com or youtube to stream it or rapidshare for full album or imesh or google it?
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by obinna5000(m): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2009
@Mafia4Life
Me? Like Soulja Boy?? shocked YUUUCCCKKK!!!!  tongue
I like Lil' Wayne small.  undecided
I'll check T-Rock's songs and get back to you.  wink
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by HJ1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2009
Mafia4life:

@ obinna5000

so u dont klnow consequence from kanye's album. wordworth from the group 'punch and word'. or the group EMC. do u know masta ace. do u even know wut M.O.P stands for?
y'all dont know shit. Bone crusher is like a national anthem after dat his single "never scared". KNOW UR HIPHOP
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 3:21pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ H.J
i know eMC. I got their album called the show. I know punch in master ace album. Master ace rap like eminem of 1999. He use to be a business man till he switch to rap. The track i like he did are lets lake a walk, game over and the warning he did to other rappers. But for the album he did with eMC. It is wack. I knew master ace in that compilation done by jt bigga figga called game over 2 and eminem's hellbound. You remember? You know cashis and project pat?
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by dawhizkid1(m): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2009
U mean Ca$his from the Shady Camp?d 1 who's got flow n voice Similar to Proof? That boy is as Hot as Blast Furnace.
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 7:24am On Jul 08, 2009
@ da-wiski
yeah! I got 2 mixtape from cashis. He has an underground album though i don't have it.
Do you know that eminem's relapse fu*ked up? He sound too childish. I heard a news that 2 guys pure from naija is signed to dipset (cam'ron click). Those guys have been in US prison for long.
Do you know that a grammy nominated producer from memphis, who worked wit three 6 mafia, project pat, alkapon etc want to fully produce a naija RnB here in naija. One of the songs feat. 9ice. Check www.memphisrap.com
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by dawhizkid1(m): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2009
Eminem Relapse f up? Nah, I dnt tink so!
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by dawhizkid1(m): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2009
Eminem Relapse f up? Nah, I dnt tink so!
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2009
I cant believe y'all is talkin' 'bout underground hip hop and mentioning names like lil jon and lil wayne? what happened to tha wu dynasty(killa army et al), lil brother, digable planets, Edo-G, Rasco and a legion of others? anyways, just for the records, Wordsworth has a tight album(mirror music if i remember correctly) and i own it, and master ace may soung like eminem, but he's been there since. i once owned his '95 album.
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Krayola(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2009
haha. . . the funny thing is that the underground hip hop market is bigger than the mainstream. . . i could name quite a few rappers/MCs noone has heard off, and i'm sure others can do the same.

I remember I went to some small town in Georgia like 2 months after Jay zs black album came out and some guys i met never heard of the album (and thats even main stream). . . and these were hip hop loving guys. They were just so deep into dirty south stuff, they couldt give a shit what was happenin in the east coast.
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2009
In my own opinion, this whole south thing is turning hip hop into one big joke. change will come cuz pple will soon get tired of snapping fingers and exposing their ears to heavy saws and 404s, and all the jibberish 'bout shawties and dranks cry
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2009
A good example of a guy who don't give a shit about the east coast rappers is me. I remember those period i use to buy rappers' CDs i don't know. They made me waste my money. Since am to concern about good beats, i switch to the dirty south. Thanks to lil jon and three 6 mafia for initiating me to the south. I go for beat because rappers talk rubbish all day long. Good example is master ace and some hypnotised mind artist like gangsta boo and koopsta knicca
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2009
tha whole point is: rap is not a coastal thing, it is an artform. if u think they all say rubbish, then u probably have never enjoyed the flavour of true hip hop. maybe u just cop albums for hype value. rap is an expressive artforms just like cartoons that expose the illforms of societal norms. rap or hip hop for that matter is not about beats alone. the lyricism that comes with it is more important. true rap even in its most perverted form has some underlying message. beats are for rap pedestrians, not rap enthusiasts. where do u belong?

1 Like

Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2009
Actually some rappers make sense. Good eg chamillionaire, kanye, lupe fiasco, pastor troy (back then), ti, ludacris, scarface, Mr Del, petty pablo etc. But these album i will mention are disgusting but sound sooo interesting in terms of beats
three 6 mafia- Da unbreakable.
Gangsta boo- enquiring mind
Mc marc- pure ana pt2
Any mixtape by uncle murder
D12- devil's night
Bizzare of D12's album and the worst of all is Tear da club up thugz- CrazyNdallaz Day.
Imagine this chorus " put da d*ck in her mouth, giv me haze till am dead"
well i still prefer these artist albums than those wack nigerian artist like timaya, brakket, dunca might. Una dey vex for me?
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2009
Any body who wants me to upload any track from T-rock, killer mike, slikk,j-green or gangsta boo for a preview to hit me. Yahoo id: rick_frisk
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2009
try and listen to the ffg:

any albums from Common,
Digable Planets
Slum Village(southside Hip hop, not crunk)
Dilated peoples
KRS-ONE
Rah(Rakeem)
Goodie Mob(old albums though, do u remember ceelo of gnarls barkley? thats was his former crew)
MOBB DEEP(of course before they joined G-u nuts)
hey!! listen to Prodigy's H.N.I.C, Head Nigga In Charge. thats one sick but solemn album especially the last track; "u can never feel my pain"
LITTLE BROTHER(southside hip hop)
mick boogie
Talib Kweli
Big shug
9th wonder
screwball
MOS DEF!!!!!!!!!
u already said scarface(thats one hell of a rapper)
Devin the dude(perverted style of rap but with a lot of realism, humour and "talesmanship"wink
these are just some of those that come readily to mind now. there are lots more i could come up with when i hit my cd rack.
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2009
Did you mention prodigy among decent rappers? Remember what dat nigga said in one of his rap talking something like this. When i go to heaven i will leave a message to that angel at the gate of heaven to tell jesus that i gat beef wit him. Prodigy is the worst among these few ones i know in your list. I have the new goodie mobb though its a collaboration with pastor troy. You can give killa mike a try. He teaches us how to get our hustle on without using the street code.
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by Mafia4life(m): 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2009
Did anyone read a news concerning nyce being produced by a memphis producer who produces Three 6 mafia?
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by iice(f): 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2009
Cool thread. . .
Re: For Those Deep In Rap. Pure Underground Representerz by BATHGUYS: 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2009
hav u guys heard of k kizzel ,his one of the doopest underground rapper in kd

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

P-square Raises Bar, Gets N50m Deal On New Album / Nigerian Legendary Rapper "Freestyle" Turns U.S Navy / [gospel Mix] Worship Gospel Mixtape By Dj Bombo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.