Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,960 members, 7,806,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

"Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake - Culture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake (84689 Views)

Ekiti Governorship Election: Ooni Of Ife Is Sad Over Political Tension / Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake / Ooni Of Ife Visits Alake Of Egbaland (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by Nobody: 4:02am On Feb 16, 2016
Born2Breed:
Until the yoruba's agree on the origin of Oduduwa the Benin version is still authentic.

How can Oduduwa come from the sky in another version from the Arabian and a third version of him being one of the sons of lamurudu.

Yorubas all knows Oduduwa is not frm benin ..oba of bini has been isolated to his empire in d south south. .he sud go 2 hell cuz yoruba's culture is already known worldwide.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

Yorubas all knows Oduduwa is not frm benin ..oba of bini has been isolated to his empire in d south south. .he sud go 2 hell cuz yoruba's culture is already known worldwide.

Benin has but One king. How many do your Yoruba have? The palace has spoken count Benin out of ur battle of supremacy.
You are children of slaves and a conquered tribe.
Read your history kid. The Dahomiens,Nupe,Fulani n co has defeated and ruled over you severally. Mention one tribe in Nigeria that ever conquered Benin.
I bet you don't even know that yaariba was a derogatory word used in d past to mock your ancestors. Go ask your mother who your real father is. Child of many fathers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by gentleheart1(f): 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Look in the picture of Yoruba Obas taken in 1937. What is your Omo n'Oba doing there?

Please omo Yoruba we don't want to be part of you people, your propaganda is too much.

People reading the trash you Yorubas have been writing here can deduce that you people are liars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by gentleheart1(f): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
opal4real:

Benin has but One king. How many do your Yoruba have? The palace has spoken count Benin out of ur battle of supremacy.
You are children of slaves and a conquered tribe.
Read your history kid. The Dahomiens,Nupe,Fulani n co has defeated and ruled over you severally. Mention one tribe in Nigeria that ever conquered Benin.
I bet you don't even know that yaariba was a derogatory word used in d past to mock your ancestors. Go ask your mother who your real father is. Children of many fathers.

Lol see finishing, truth is they don't know their history.
They have too many versions to know their true history and the oral traditions they so much rely on has even made it worse by twisting their history for them. Confused set of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by gentleheart1(f): 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

If my oba should go to he'll then yours can go to blazes for all we care.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by gentleheart1(f): 5:25pm On Feb 16, 2016
bigfrancis21:

I like this. I appreciate your capacity for intellectual reasoning and to see sentiments. It is widely acknowledged in Yoruba mythology that Oduduwa was not born in Yoruba land. Mythology has it that he fell from the sky (which is a myth as the name goes, however science has proven that nobody is able to fall from anywhere in the sky), which is symbolic for referring to someone coming into ancient Yoruba territory from outside. In other words, in actual terms Oduduwa wandered into ancient Yoruba territory from outside, and on seeing him the Yorubas proclaimed him their king. While not forgetting his roots or in remembrance of where he came from, he sent his own son back to his fatherland to rule as a king. Piecing the dots together, it all makes much better sense.

Thank you so much for this.

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by Born2Breed(f): 9:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ooni was not one of Oduduwa's children.He was a priest(ABORE) of a shrine that became a ruler after.Alafin of Oyo was one of them.Alake is supposed to be called Alake of Ake not Alake of Egbaland.

Egbaland is made up of Agura, Owu,Oke-ona nd Ake.Politics made him to be so addressed.He oversees a Quarter in Egbaland.He seemed not to be versed in history.So is Ooni.

At d time Ooni held sway none of Oduduwa's children was in Ife.That is d reason he is appellated as AROLE ODUA.Oduduwa came from EDO(BENIN)

1 Like

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by PeterKbaba: 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2016
[b]

My simple questions for the Benins will be:

How long did a runaway price from Benin take to walk from Benin to Ife (Probably 3 months).
How did he survive without food and water for this period?
How can a man so dirty and tired after walking for months, be able to convince the people in Ife, he came from the sky (A better place lol)?
What language did their prince speak to the Yoruba's in Ife when he got there and how were they able to understand?
How did the Benin know that their prince was alive in Yorubaland?

If the Benin claim they own the OBA title, Why did they have to change from Ogiso Dynasty to a new Oba Dynasty?
If you believe that Oduduwa was a prince from Ogiso, there should be no reason for the Dynasty change, you guys would have continued with the Ogiso.....

My Opinion is that, the Benin knew that the was no royal Male blood to carry on from the last Ogiso Dynasty. The was serious trouble in the Kingdom, so they called for help from their closest Spiritual/Prosperous Ife people to send a Royal male to impregnate their Royal princess, so the kingship could continue (Since kingship is from the Male blood line).

Unfortunately, Since a new Male Royal Blood from Ife arrived, they had to change Dynasty from Ogiso to Obaship.
End of Story[/b]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by SUNNYsparkle: 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2016
chowlade:

Ipod youth on rampage why r u so pained grin?
D binis should go nd join ur zooafrans though lol Yorubas dont care.

Go and read d cheap story of yoruba and d binis formed by d Edo miscreants sud knw is totally false.

1.Oba is a yoruba word directly translated to "To reign over"
2.Binis is a yoruba word
3 . Edos bears yoruba names that they dont even know d translation
4 . Oduduwa, Iranmiyan, Eweka are yoruba names
5. D binis practice d yorubalands traditional religions

Eweka is purely Benin word, nothing Yoruba in it. Eweka means Iweka in Igbo.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by macof(m): 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
Born2Breed:
Ooni was not one of Oduduwa's children.He was a priest(ABORE) of a shrine that became a ruler after.Alafin of Oyo was one of them.Alake is supposed to be called Alake of Ake not Alake of Egbaland.

Egbaland is made up of Agura, Owu,Oke-ona nd Ake.Politics made him to be so addressed.He oversees a Quarter in Egbaland.He seemed not to be versed in history.So is Ooni.

At d time Ooni held sway none of Oduduwa's children was in Ife.That is d reason he is appellated as AROLE ODUA.Oduduwa came from EDO(BENIN)

Is Ooni not supposed to be descended from Lajamisan last son of Oramiyan?
you probably can believe anything you read without verification sha...
Abore indeed, let's even discuss about that. ..isn't Obaship in yorubaland a political and mystic role? meaning an Oba is both a President of Traditional Rituals (hence a priest) and Head of State

Arole actually means heir. ..what are you saying please?

you were the one that gave him map to find his way from Edo abi grin
read up Oke-Ora
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by macof(m): 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
SUNNYsparkle:

Eweka is purely Benin word, nothing Yoruba in it. Eweka means Iweka in Igbo.

now you know more about eweka than even binis that say they corrupted it from "Owomika" meaning "I can handle it in" in Yoruba? even the situation that led to the name is still told by bini. .. but you just know better right?
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 06, 2016
macof:

Is Ooni not supposed to be descended from Lajamisan last son of Oramiyan?
you probably can believe anything you read without verification sha...
Abore indeed, let's even discuss about that. ..isn't Obaship in yorubaland a political and mystic role? meaning an Oba is both a President of Traditional Rituals (hence a priest) and Head of State

Arole actually means heir. ..what are you saying please?

you were the one that gave him map to find his way from Edo abi grin
read up Oke-Ora

The ooni was even a grandson to oromiyan and a nephew to Eweka 1.

Meaning Eweka was already a king some decades b4 ooni.

In ur tradition if u ave any, ur younger brothers son is ur senior? Lolz!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by macof(m): 11:30am On Aug 06, 2016
opal4real:

The ooni was even a grandson to oromiyan and a nephew to Eweka 1.

Meaning Eweka was already a king some decades b4 ooni.

In ur tradition if u ave any, ur younger brothers son is ur senior? Lolz!

Where did this mumu come from abeg?

when will you people learn to not talk about things you have no idea of?

look at the nonsense you just mentioned me to.

ask questions if you don't know and stop making a fool of yourself abeg
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by BornStunner1: 12:09am On Jan 08, 2017
macof:

YOU ARE THE OZOUR HERE!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by Born2Breed(f): 9:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
macof:

You are dumber than the dumbest. he countered your silly post and you are here spewing trash when you know your stupi.dity is raised to power 100.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by Born2Breed(f): 5:52am On Jan 23, 2017
PeterKbaba:
[b]

My simple questions for the Benins will be:

How long did a runaway price from Benin take to walk from Benin to Ife (Probably 3 months).
How did he survive without food and water for this period?
How can a man so dirty and tired after walking for months, be able to convince the people in Ife, he came from the sky (A better place lol)?
What language did their prince speak to the Yoruba's in Ife when he got there and how were they able to understand?
How did the Benin know that their prince was alive in Yorubaland?

If the Benin claim they own the OBA title, Why did they have to change from Ogiso Dynasty to a new Oba Dynasty?
If you believe that Oduduwa was a prince from Ogiso, there should be no reason for the Dynasty change, you guys would have continued with the Ogiso.....

My Opinion is that, the Benin knew that the was no royal Male blood to carry on from the last Ogiso Dynasty. The was serious trouble in the Kingdom, so they called for help from their closest Spiritual/Prosperous Ife people to send a Royal male to impregnate their Royal princess, so the kingship could continue (Since kingship is from the Male blood line).

Unfortunately, Since a new Male Royal Blood from Ife arrived, they had to change Dynasty from Ogiso to Obaship.
End of Story[/b]

Even a kindergarten will do better than this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by macof(m): 11:35am On Jan 23, 2017
Born2Breed:

You are dumber than the dumbest. he countered your silly post and you are here spewing trash when you know your stupi.dity is raised to power 100.

you are a degenerate fool if you call that a counter. .. a post that lacks any sense
you 3 must be a band of stuupid
it's probably genetic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by BornStunner1: 11:22pm On Jan 23, 2017
macof:

you are a degenerate fool if you call that a counter. .. a post that lacks any sense
it's probably genetic

YOU ARE SUCH A WASTE OF SPACE!!
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by orisa37: 3:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
Yoruba History is Contemporaneous with The Hebrew Texts of Adam and Eve.
God, In The Beginning, produced Nephilims and Spread them Himself as Major Tribes on Earth.
Oduduwa of the Edo Stocks, was a Vagabond(IWAYO meaning Pollution in Characters).
He actually came to ILE-IFE, just like you might have had a ROTIMI(without Amaechi) or an OJO(without Madueke) coming to Lagos, a Yoruba land, to stake a Claim.
There's Obama Town in Japan. Obama is now recognized as a Tribe of The American Red Indians in Indiana and HawaiI.
In those days, Yoruba Princesses, beautiful, smart, sensuous and selfish behaved like CLEOPATRA. They grabbed Tall and handsome men, especially Princes anywhere anyhow and produced Princes for themselves which they later smuggled back to their Father land.
So, Oduduwa(a name given to him by Nee original Oduduwa) from Edo was like this recognized in ILE IFE as a Prince after his Mother's Heritage. He was also The Crown Prince of Bini Kingdom. He was not The Original ODUDUWA, The Nephilim Incarnate Son of Olodumare.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
orisa37:
Yoruba History is Contemporaneous with The Hebrew Texts of Adam and Eve.
God, In The Beginning, produced Nephilims and Spread them Himself as Major Tribes on Earth.
Oduduwa of the Edo Stocks, was a Vagabond(IWAYO meaning Pollution in Characters).
He actually came to ILE-IFE, just like you might have had a ROTIMI(without Amaechi) or an OJO(without Madueke) coming to Lagos, a Yoruba land, to stake a Claim.
There's Obama Town in Japan. Obama is now recognized as a Tribe of The American Red Indians in Indiana and HawaiI.
In those days, Yoruba Princesses, beautiful, smart, sensuous and selfish behaved like CLEOPATRA. They grabbed Tall and handsome men, especially Princes anywhere anyhow and produced Princes for themselves which they later smuggled back to their Father land.
So, Oduduwa(a name given to him by Nee original Oduduwa) from Edo was like this recognized in ILE IFE as a Prince after his Mother's Heritage. He was also The Crown Prince of Bini Kingdom. He was not The Original ODUDUWA, The Nephilim Incarnate Son of Olodumare.

This is a new twist. Please who is the original Oduduwa?
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by dytbabe: 7:43am On Jan 25, 2017
macof:

it's probably genetic

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Chai

Erm I need you translate something for me

*In her words*

So there were a group of friends going on a tour and they found themselves at the entrace of Alake of Ebgaland abi how dem dey call the name
So these awo people with white and shaki came to them to see them to the palace.
One of those on tour already jokingly said see these people, they like money and think we are from abroad but I know what to do when they come

So as they marched towards them, they cleared the air they are just young people touring and don't have money

Another of the tourist then said I know a song that I will sing and willingly with smile, they all will usher us to the palace that the rest should just follow the rhyme

Wow
It worked
Surprising the tourists never knew/heard the song before but once it was said, they all followed suit

Funny right?

Heheheheheheeh

When she narrated
I said haaa
Otidi awo lati oju orun niyen
Make dem go bo ifa for you oooo
grin cheesy cheesy
Not like I mean it or know anything about it

So I am asking you
What do you think?
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by orisa37: 3:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
opal4real:

This is a new twist. Please who is the original Oduduwa?
dytbabe:

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Chai

Erm I need you translate something for me

*In her words*

So there were a group of friends going on a tour and they found themselves at the entrace of Alake of Ebgaland abi how dem dey call the name
So these awo people with white and shaki came to them to see them to the palace.
One of those on tour already jokingly said see these people, they like money and think we are from abroad but I know what to do when they come

So as they marched towards them, they cleared the air they are just young people touring and don't have money

Another of the tourist then said I know a song that I will sing and willingly with smile, they all will usher us to the palace that the rest should just follow the rhyme

Wow
It worked
Surprising the tourists never knew/heard the song before but once it was said, they all followed suit

Funny right?

Heheheheheheeh

When she narrated
I said haaa
Otidi awo lati oju orun niyen
Make dem go bo ifa for you oooo
grin cheesy cheesy
Not like I mean it or know anything about it

So I am asking you
What do you think?

The Original ODUDUWA lives in The Spirits of all Yorubas. He was a Nephilim, Incarnate Product of OLODUMARE and came down at Ile Ife by The Power of OLODUMARE..
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
orisa37:

The Original ODUDUWA lives in The Spirits of all Yorubas. He was a Nephilim, Incarnate Product of OLODUMARE and came down at Ile Ife by The Power of OLODUMARE..

grin grin grin grin shocked
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by dytbabe: 9:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
orisa37:

You wanted answer my own question and mixed up the quotes?

I guess as much
grin cheesy
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by orisa37: 10:40am On Jan 26, 2017
dytbabe:

I guess as much
grin cheesy
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by orisa37: 12:05am On Jan 27, 2017
In The Tradition of The Tower of Babel, our Great, Greater and Greatest GrandPa Nephilim Caste of OLODUMARE, ODUDUWA, dispersed his Children to inhabit, settle and rule over wherever they reached to rest.
There was a Princess of Oduduwa. She was bold ,daring, ambitious like her male siblings, smart, beautiful, sensuous and selfish also like the young lions and lionesses siblings around her.
She departed ILE-IFE(a ground-house of Love, comradeship, family reference and reverence in search of a Territory of hers to inhabit, settle and rule over as it was in her destiny and tradition to do.
She then arrived, PREGNANT FOR ONE OF HER AIDES, at a Place she rested. When her son was delivered, The Princess named THE PLACE "ILE-IBI-NI(The where I delivered).
When the young Prince grew up, The Princess wanted him to take over Control and Ruling, but the
aides, including the father of the young Prince resisted and refused the young Prince to rule over them.
The Princess then sent the Prince back to ILE-IFE for Reinforcement of additional powerful aides, resources and instructions that would enable the young Prince take over effectively from his mother the ruling and control of ILE-IBI-NI.
The Prince neither came back to ILE-IBI-NI nor was made Oba at ILE-IFE . He was however accorded the FULL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES OF A GRAND PRINCE. He learned better ways of Kingship and inculcated such SKILLS in his own son which he later sent to ILE-IBI-NI to take over the Kingship of The Land now called "BINI--BENIN CITY".
This is the truth and nothing but the truth by Divine Inspiration and my Experience. So help God!!!
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by orisa37: 12:39am On Jan 27, 2017
dytbabe:

I guess as much
grin cheesy
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by orisa37: 1:00am On Jan 27, 2017
YORUBA LAND COVERS THE AREA ENCLOSED FROM THE SOURCE OF RIVER NIGER DOWN TO THE CONFLUENCE AND FURTHER DOWN TO THE CREEK. This includes Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Kogi, Kwara, South Kebbi, South Niger State, etcetera. This is the Divine Portion of ODUDUWA with Headquarters at ILE-IFE, LAND OF LOVE. God gave Love to the Yorubas in ODUDUWA like He did to The whole World in Christ Jesus.
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by dytbabe: 7:21am On Jan 27, 2017
orisa37:

Nawa ooo
Your network dey fail?
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by orisa37: 9:52am On Jan 27, 2017
dytbabe:

Nawa ooo
Your network dey fail?
cheesy

Ba ido?
Re: "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake by Justinpm(m): 4:01pm On May 25, 2018
OPCNAIRALAND:

Look in the picture of Yoruba Obas taken in 1937. What is your Omo n'Oba doing there?

have you cared to look at the old Bini Obas

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests / Is This A Beauty Contest? - Northern Girls / Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.