Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. (28651 Views)

My  experience with GNLD  (NEOLIFE) Company In ibadan(omoh Apex Solution Limited / My Experience With GNLD Today & how Nairaland topic saved me / My MPI Interview Experience. I Need Your Analysis Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 09, 2016
aliondo:
Those guyz (GNLD) can do anything to entice u.....had a similar xperience in lag here during nysc too..my friend cald dat der was an exam for a 'BIG' job.he was even agree that i met him a lil bit late b4 we went 4 d exam.carried pen,pencil,eraser and even calculator...imagine,chai!!!.
Saw another vacancy that same week and called but it was a different guy this time around.I even threatened that if it was a GNLD job,that would be d end of his life because i was coming from the island to the mainland (lies tho) and surprisingly,he said i should still come dat its not GNLD job..But he mentioned a different route so i didnt code it was GNLD, only to get there..... grin grin cheesy

Ahahahahaa....... Lol
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 09, 2016
sanky346:
This is getting too much. We read about this network marketing scams every day and it's getting really annoying. We shouldn't just be reading and laughing . We need to stop these guys. Is there no way we can start an online campaign and involve the police and any relevant ministry? It's against best practices to trick people into ventures they don't sign up to

True
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 09, 2016
9jatatafo:
Otondo at work! Hahahahahaha

undecided
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 09, 2016
Nsikann:
I can feel your pain gal. Its so annoying when people put up scammed job vacancies online. Its even worse when there are no regulatory bodies to checkmate these atrocities.
My dear, I try as much as possible to work with the Spirit that is the Holy Spirit when taking such decisions. Cos this is how some people have had to find themselves in a ditch all for the sake of getting a job.

Abi now... God help us
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 09, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Annybens1993 - It's nice your shared your experience. Others would pick a thing or two from it. Hopefully your allowance would be paid soonest!!!

smiley
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 09, 2016
0079jaBond:

Op, hope you wouldn't mind if I laugh a little? cheesy 'Cos this cracked me up honestly and I also felt your annoyance.
Well it's a terrible experience with job hunting nowadays. Had it been we were in a sane or civil country, I don't see why these set of people shouldn't be arrested and prosecuted for false information and scam. It's so terrible.
Wishing you the best of luck in your continuous search for a job. And I assure you, the kind that'll blow your mind shall come your way!
Shalom

Awwwww.... Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 09, 2016
ajasa4link:
THIS IS WHY I KEEP ADVISING JOB SEEKERS TO GO WITH THEIR CHARM RINGS TO INTERVIEWS. ONCE U GET TO THE INTERVIEW AND U DISCOVER ITS GNLD, JUST BRING OUT UR CHARM RING AND GIVE THE FACILITATOR TWO OPTION: EITHER THEY GIVE U BACK UR T-FARE OR U BEAT DEM WITH THE CHARM RING. SHIKENA... grin grin

Lol.... grin
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 09, 2016
fpeter:
because we spitted the payment.

OP take note, split split split
Thanks... Didn't see itsmiley
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:45am On Feb 09, 2016
Annybens1993:
I just thought I should share my experience with GNLD Marketers in Abuja.

I am a Corp member presently serving in Corporate Affairs Commission Maitama in Abuja. When I printed out my posting letter, I felt bad because against my strong desire to serve in Lagos and doing all the necessary, I got posted to Abuja. The cost of living here isn't funny at all. I rented an apartment with my friend (a fellow Corp member) who graduated from the same school with me and it was quite easy because we spitted the payment.
We decided to go in search of weekend jobs in other to earn more money as NYSC is still owing us December and January allowance ... I found a fruit juice company online in need of weekend employees. I called the number I saw and a female picked the call. She introduced herself as Paula and told me they actually need weekend employees and she'll schedule an interview for my friend and I for Monday 1st February. I was so excited ehn.
I came across another job opening for ushers and called and this time a lady called Mariam picked. She told me they were into event management and needed the services of female ushers urgently. She told us to come on Wednesday 3rd February. Chai see luck.
On the 1st of February which is a Monday, My friend and I were suppose to go for my NYSC biometrics at Kubwa but decided to go for interview first since it is scheduled for 8am that morning.
I spent about 1k to get to the venue of the interview as I'm not conversant with the roads here in Abuja (I go to work with the staff bus). When we got there, I noticed the huge number of people who were there for the same interview we came for and then some group of persons were lecturing them in small units. I asked the lady if the job was really a weekend job as the whole scenario there depicted another thing. She replied almost immediately saying that we shouldn't worry as weekend jobs are available and the pay is huge. She then brought a guy to lecture us on what they term the 'Basics of Successful Business Men in the World'. The guy's dressing was really funny. His shoes, clothes.......hehehe... Everything was funny to me and he was just talking, saying things that are false and at some point I had to be correcting him sef.
The arrogant guy kept arguing with me and claiming he's a graduate who served in 2012 (I don't know how that is my business o.. Lol). We've spent almost 2 hours there and I was beginning to get uncomfortable so I asked the guy if there was any interview at all because I can't understand the link between all his stories and the vacancy I saw online. He told me to be a quiet and just listen. At this point I was determined to leave but as I was trying to go the naughty guy kept pulling me by the hand and forcing me to stay and listen.
My friend told me to be patient as it might be an endurance test to check how patient we are. So I told her to keep standing there.. As for me I'm heading for NYSC biometrics.
It was at that point that the Paula lady re-appeared from wherever she went to. She beckoned us to a hall and there she started talking about GNLD.
I was so upset and so I asked her why they had to lie to people online. Her reply was that she had the same experience when she first joined the team and today she is doing fine. I told her that wasn't enough justification to tell lies online. She tried to convince us to register with 15k and showed us one small bag black bag with some forms which would be given to us after the registration. At that point, I just stood up angrily and left.
On our way out, I tried the other number belonging to Mariam for the Ushering job to confirm our interview for Wednesday and to my amazement a lady in black suit standing close to the Paula lady picked. Obviously the Ushering opening online was also a scam of GNLD Marketers too.
My naughty friend kept lamenting about the transport fare she wasted till we got to Kubwa camp....... Ahahaha

NB: please ignore my long write up... I couldn't help it.

Av been in dat mess twice....dey will tell u to register wit 12'500 and introduce 4 more people den ur mnthly pay will be 65'k per mnth...dat was hw I missed aan imprtnt interview too....wat they do is to display online or write on street walls OIL AND GAS WORKERS WANTED OR COMPANY WORKERS NEEDED FOR URGENT EMPLOYMENT.
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 09, 2016
arabianights:

lol......really funny but sorry bout your experience just take it as one of those things.Very soon you will turn it to a joke amongst your friends as well as warn them .You should also thank God that they were not kidnappers or ritualists.
However, consider other options like baking,Make up,Cake aking or making small chops for events, there are alot of things you can do .Think of being independent by calling your own shots.
i hope you take my humble advice seriously

Thankssmiley
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 09, 2016
gohzieh:
Did I hear you say you shared an apartment with a lady.? I didn't ignore that part o. See groove.

I'm a lady undecided
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2016
ReneeNuttall:

Av been in dat mess twice....dey will tell u to register wit 12'500 and introduce 4 more people den ur mnthly pay will be 65'k per mnth...dat was hw I missed aan imprtnt interview too....wat they do is to display online or write on street walls OIL AND GAS WORKERS WANTED OR COMPANY WORKERS NEEDED FOR URGENT EMPLOYMENT.

grin
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Lexusgs430: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2016
Annybens1993:

smiley

When the allowance gets paid, kindly send me some for my personal and financial development.
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by samjadinero(m): 11:53am On Feb 09, 2016
GNLD people can be annoying ehn!
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 09, 2016
Lexusgs430:

When the allowance gets paid, kindly send me some for my personal and financial development.

Lol...
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by emmiesky(m): 11:58am On Feb 09, 2016
Annybens1993:

... If being self employed means looking like that guy.. Lol I better work under some1grin

Just like you stated, you need to see the way these guys are dressed. These same fellas will be castigating civil servants and the likes
I don't blame them. A pointer to the fact that in this part of the sphere, #UnemploymentIsReal
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:59am On Feb 09, 2016
Annybens1993:

grin
If u see dier funny dressing u wil be forced to ask if ,dey even earn up to 8k mnthly let alone 65' and. 100k
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by pheesayor(m): 12:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
GNLD, good business poorly presented/marketed
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by SPDAZZY(f): 12:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
Annybens1993:

Lol.... It was really annoying. Especially when the guy was forcing me to stay and listen to his lecture.. As if it's by force

Hi Anne, sorry about that. Anyway the nysc officials promised that dec/jan would be paid this week.
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by mamawin(f): 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
INTROVERT:
Long write up.
she only wanted to tell the full story, sorry
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by bedspread: 12:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
Haaaaahaaaaaaaa! Really funny. U just reminded me of one i attended in lagos some yrs ago. A guy that came all the way from Kaduna also came only for we all to meet GNLD. I was so pissed off but looking at the guy from KD, i felt for him
kulobyno:
It's high time some appropriate Govt agencies stop these multi level marketers from deceiving and scamming people.
My nephew had in 2014 stumbled upon job vacancies of a supposed production company, he filled up the link and filled some accompanying online forms. He was invited for an interview in PH. The dude excitedly went there all the way from Lagos and spent his small svaings in transportation and hotel accommodation only to discover on the day of the supposed interview that's its this same GNLD. He felt so frustrated and cursed all the way back to Lagos.
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by taiwoliu(m): 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
Annybens1993:
I just thought I should share my experience with GNLD Marketers in Abuja.

I am a Corp member presently serving in Corporate Affairs Commission Maitama in Abuja. When I printed out my posting letter, I felt bad because against my strong desire to serve in Lagos and doing all the necessary, I got posted to Abuja. The cost of living here isn't funny at all. I rented an apartment with my friend (a fellow Corp member) who graduated from the same school with me and it was quite easy because we spitted the payment.
We decided to go in search of weekend jobs in other to earn more money as NYSC is still owing us December and January allowance ... I found a fruit juice company online in need of weekend employees. I called the number I saw and a female picked the call. She introduced herself as Paula and told me they actually need weekend employees and she'll schedule an interview for my friend and I for Monday 1st February. I was so excited ehn.
I came across another job opening for ushers and called and this time a lady called Mariam picked. She told me they were into event management and needed the services of female ushers urgently. She told us to come on Wednesday 3rd February. Chai see luck.
On the 1st of February which is a Monday, My friend and I were suppose to go for my NYSC biometrics at Kubwa but decided to go for interview first since it is scheduled for 8am that morning.
I spent about 1k to get to the venue of the interview as I'm not conversant with the roads here in Abuja (I go to work with the staff bus). When we got there, I noticed the huge number of people who were there for the same interview we came for and then some group of persons were lecturing them in small units. I asked the lady if the job was really a weekend job as the whole scenario there depicted another thing. She replied almost immediately saying that we shouldn't worry as weekend jobs are available and the pay is huge. She then brought a guy to lecture us on what they term the 'Basics of Successful Business Men in the World'. The guy's dressing was really funny. His shoes, clothes.......hehehe... Everything was funny to me and he was just talking, saying things that are false and at some point I had to be correcting him sef.
The arrogant guy kept arguing with me and claiming he's a graduate who served in 2012 (I don't know how that is my business o.. Lol). We've spent almost 2 hours there and I was beginning to get uncomfortable so I asked the guy if there was any interview at all because I can't understand the link between all his stories and the vacancy I saw online. He told me to be a quiet and just listen. At this point I was determined to leave but as I was trying to go the naughty guy kept pulling me by the hand and forcing me to stay and listen.
My friend told me to be patient as it might be an endurance test to check how patient we are. So I told her to keep standing there.. As for me I'm heading for NYSC biometrics.
It was at that point that the Paula lady re-appeared from wherever she went to. She beckoned us to a hall and there she started talking about GNLD.
I was so upset and so I asked her why they had to lie to people online. Her reply was that she had the same experience when she first joined the team and today she is doing fine. I told her that wasn't enough justification to tell lies online. She tried to convince us to register with 15k and showed us one small bag black bag with some forms which would be given to us after the registration. At that point, I just stood up angrily and left.
On our way out, I tried the other number belonging to Mariam for the Ushering job to confirm our interview for Wednesday and to my amazement a lady in black suit standing close to the Paula lady picked. Obviously the Ushering opening online was also a scam of GNLD Marketers too.
My naughty friend kept lamenting about the transport fare she wasted till we got to Kubwa camp....... Ahahaha

NB: please ignore my long write up... I couldn't help it.
your own good na....... shebi na within abj? imagine inter-geopolitical zone travel, Taraba to Lagos to be precise.
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Mpanyi: 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
Annybens1993, you must be good-hearted. Your posts and comments speak volume! That's by the way.

Meanwhile those GNLD should change their recruitment strategy. I believe everything is marketable as long as one applies the right method.
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by BLWeb: 12:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
Love Machine:
Do you also have this in mind,the capital,location,multiple taxation and harsh.economic conditions?

Yes i do think of the challenges. But it is overcoming the challenges that separate the successful entrepreneurs and the others searching for a job day in day out.
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by adisa204(m): 12:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
That was how a friend told me he wanted to see me and it was very important. I dressed up even wore zanotti slippers and everything, only to get to that Charlie boy bus stop, saw my friend and we entered the place, mehn the crowd der was crazy and it now felt like I was overdressed and shit only to see one man with baggy jeans and oversized t-shirt and a funny looking blazer and the next thing GNLD. If the nigga wasn't my very close friend that fell for der gimmicks ehn I'd have disowned him. Funny enough u here stuffs like I earn over 300k naira monthly naw and I'm okay then u look at the person talking wearing almost rag
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by bamac(m): 12:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
djl:
That's how all these Gnld and other alternate drugs workers deceive people. I got the same text Msg for an interview for the post of an IT/ Network Administrator here in Lagos. What I got was the exact experience that the OP got. Such fraudulent vacancies are common on , efritin, and other online job porters. My advice is do not patronise such sites for jobs.
and jiji.com too sef
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by gohzieh(m): 12:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
Annybens1993:

I'm a lady undecided
Oh apologies. My bad.
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
This is jst killing
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by sammysunny88: 1:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
GNLD is one of the top most profitable network marketing business as at 1999 to 2004. But when their marketing plan became so difficult that and people start running from, that is why they decide tricking people to the company. All this tricking starts from the company itself because now they change the name to Neo-Life because they don't want people to know it is GNLD.

1 Like

Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
SPDAZZY:

Hi Anne, sorry about that. Anyway the nysc officials promised that dec/jan would be paid this week.

I pray sosmiley
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
bedspread:
Haaaaahaaaaaaaa! Really funny. U just reminded me of one i attended in lagos some yrs ago. A guy that came all the way from Kaduna also came only for we all to meet GNLD. I was so pissed off but looking at the guy from KD, i felt for him

Kaduna to lagos cry
Re: The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
taiwoliu:
your own good na....... shebi na within abj? imagine inter-geopolitical zone travel, Taraba to Lagos to be precise.

Lolgrin... I can imagine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? / VIDEO: Over 30,000 fill Pakistan's stadium for only 1,100 advertised police job / NYSC Aptitude Test Holding On Saturday 21st December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.