Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 (104002 Views)

"No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / The Promise Keeper ( A Story By Uncutz) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Tmboy(m): 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
Following u closely
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by hoebamaa(m): 11:05am On Jun 23, 2016
more update pls
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by yusufibrahim(m): 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
Always following my brother Dnity7
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2016

OJO

I woke up this morning and on entering the living room, I saw everybody in a happy mood even though Vickie was not in. Barrister Ben was having his breakfast as Sharon cleaned and dusted the electronics and chairs. The duo of Junior and Princess were playing with a coin.
"I take the head." Junior snapped.
"Because you have a big head." Princess replied laughing.
"Come on, don't talk to your brother like that." Ben scolded from the living room.
"I'm sorry dad." She replied. "You take the head, I take the tail. Okay?" She asked. "I will toss it once and there shall be no complain, understood?"
I cannot but smile at the two kids. Mere watching them makes me want to have my own kids too, if not for anything, their smartness. But your kids are smart only when you give them the best life. That I cannot guarantee. But wait! I am going to be a father soon. How many months? Maybe seven?
I watched as Princess tossed the coin, even though I couldn't see which side faced up, but disappointment was etched clearly on Junior's face.
The seven year old girl happily brought out a map. She perused over it while closing her eyes and when she finally opened it, excitement was quite evident on her face.
"The park!" She screamed.
Junior only hissed as he stood up. "I thought we've been to the park before. Can't we go somewhere else?"
"You were just a baby the last time we went. You didn't know a thing about whatever was going on. You even cried when you saw the merry-go-round." Princess replied.
"Daddy, can you hear her?" The angry little boy asked.
Maybe he was hoping for their father's support, but he was disappointed to see him laughing. "Come on Princess, that was funny." Ben said.
"Aunty Sharon." Junior called, but she was laughing also.
"Finally Princess is taking over. Junior is loosing his touch with words." Sharon said.
"I'm telling you Sharon." Ben replied.
Obviously, there is a healthy rivarly between them. I am particularly happy to see Junior loose this morning, but he is my favourite of the two, so I dare not say it.
"Uncle Ojo, are you joining them too?" The little boy asked.
"Of course not." I replied.
The kids threw a couples of banters at each other until their father dropped the bomshell. "I have a lot of work in the office today. I won't be able to come back and take you out."
"Okay. Have a nice day." Typical Princess, always playing matured.
"So, who will take us?" Junior asked.
"I don't know, but there is no spare car." Ben replied. "You know what? Ojo, once it is eleven, come to my office and pick the car. Drive them out and return the car when you are done. Can you do that for the kids?"
"Sure." I replied.
--------
An 12:05PM, I was seated on a bench inside the amusement park, as Sharon helped Princess power an electric car.
Junior walked up to them. "Aunty, I'll like Ice cream."
"Me too." Princess added.
"You two say here, let me get Ice cream for everybody." She said. "Ojo, would you like some too?"
"Sure." I replied.
I watched as she walked towards one of the ice cream vendors just in time when a man walked up to her.
He was the same man that has been stalking me. "now, this is dangerous." I concluded.
"Princess, Junior, we have to go."

--tbc....
For more, visit; www.penprimus.com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by chrisking125(m): 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
please continue
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by segzy17: 5:34am On Jun 28, 2016
Can't wait anymore
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by teamplayey: 6:24am On Jun 28, 2016
www.penprimus.com says 'internal error'. It never connects

Cc: Op
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by kenwins(f): 8:54am On Jun 29, 2016
You are so smooth, Dee. I'm so following this to the end.
More! #Still_I_read
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Oladim001(m): 5:38am On Jul 15, 2016
@D9ty7, whats going on na. Don't tell me you've abandoned this story. I was giving you the grace till after Sallah cos i thought maybe because of fasting nd all. But now fasting's over, na. Come and update oo.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Lilyomi2: 12:06am On Jul 23, 2016
D9ty7 come and update us o
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Aliyullahi(m): 8:26am On Jul 25, 2016
Boss, I commend your writing prowess. You have been hitting the nail hard since the beginning.
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by olanshile2016(m): 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
d9ty, whatsup now,
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by segzy17: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
Don't think of abadon this story oooo...........Now Boss am giving u ULTIMATUM OF 7DAYS.........orelse
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Nobody: 1:48am On Aug 02, 2016
Hmm.....
What can I say?
Family is everything.e-family or not.
First of all,i will like to tender apologies for my sudden absence from the family and NL literature section.
This section is the best.

To D9ty7,you are a writer that I look up to.
Kingphilip,Enigurl,tecno4life,labaski,Onemansquad...
I'm sorry cry

I miss you all

4 Likes

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 04, 2016
d9ty7 I pray this delay won't be the end of this story.
Whatever the delay is, God will surely put you through it

.......still expecting more___________d9ty7 I pray this delay won't be the end of this story.

.......still expecting more___________
d9ty7 I pray this delay won't be the end of this story.

.......still expecting more___________
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 11:33am On Aug 14, 2016

Barrister Ben dropped the last of the files he was going through as he let his chair swivel to the left just in time when the intercom rang.
"Hello." He said into the reciever. "Send him in." He said after listening to what his secretary had to say.
Ben immediately shut down his computer as he quickly rearranged scattered papers into their respective files. No sooner had he dropped the can of malt he drank earlier in the day into the trash basket, a knock sounded on the foor.
"Come in, the door is not locked." He said to whoever was knocking on the door and moment later, a familiar face peaked in before the body followed.
Ben could bet his last kobo that he had seen the man before even though he didn't let it show.
"Good afternoon Barrister Ben." The man said.
"Good afternoon. Please sit." Ben replied pointing to one of the two empty chairs opposite his desk.
"I suppose you got my message? Why didn't you honor it?" The man asked.
"Excuse me sir...." Ben was saying, but the man cut him short with a wave of hand.
"David." He said. And more like an afterthought, he quickly added. "My name is David."
"Well, Mister David, what message are you talking about?" Ben asked.
"I asked you to meet me at the pub." David replied.
"Oh! You were the one?" Ben asked rhetorically. "Well, work has taken most of my time these days and if you noticed, I just moved into this office space and you know what that mean? More work." He explained. "Do forgive me."
"No problems." David replied.
"Can we talk now?" Ben asked.
Silence took over the room as only the sound from the air condition could be heard. David stared intently at Ben as if reading his mind just before he blurted.
"I want you to pull out as Ojo's counsel."
"What? Why?" Ben asked.
"The case is a high profiled one. The country wants justice for Late Barrister Joe. Ojo must go to jail or be killed. You are a major hindrance towards getting justice. David explained.
"The case is in being heard in a law court. Why not let the judgement be pronounced, instead of threatening me?"
"Does this look like a threat, Barrister?" David asked. "Certainly not."
"Who are you by the way, and who do you work for?"
"I am Barrister David Joe Joseph. The murdered Barrister Joe's son." He dropped the bombshell.
Ben stared on dumbstruck and short of what to say. All thanks to his phone which rang that moment.
"Hello.... Sharon, what's the matter? Why are you crying? What happened? How are my kids?" Ben threw the questions at his sister who could do nothing than wail over the phone.
"What?" He asked as the phone slipped off his grip.

--tbc...

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 11:34am On Aug 14, 2016

Inside the Ambrose residence, Professor and Mrs Ambrose sat in the living room as they watched a local television channel.
"When last did you hear from your daughter?" The Professor asked.
"Which of my daughters?" Mrs Ambrose replied. More like a question than a statement.
"Omolola of course." He replied.
"I spoke to her this morning." "And how is she?" The professor asked.
"She is fine. But you know, it hasn't been easy being her first time." Mrs Ambrose had said before realizing her mistake.
"What first time?" The smart old Prof asked.
"Her first time in the final year. The stress and all that are new to her." Mrs Ambrose quickly covered her tracks.
The old Professor gave his wife a long look which screamed a I-know-you-are-lying.
"But, she will pull through." He replied.

"The little girl was declared missing this afternoon around 4PM by her parents to the police. While effort is being made by the police to get the girl rescued, the girl's father said he is open to a call from the kidnappers, and details of how to pay a ransome." The newscater said. "If by chance you see this little girl or you have information about her whereabout, or that of her abductors, please report at the nearest police station or call the numbers on your screen. May we not loose any of our children." She ended with the prayer. --

"Amen o." Mrs Ambrose said. "Such a pretty young girl." She added.
"The world is unsafe for the little ones, the future. Our government is doing nothing to protect these kids. I hope the little girl is found before long." The Prof prayed.
"Amen o." His wife replied.
They let the newscaster continue as she read more headlines.
"There are no goodnews anymore. Imagine, this lady has said about five bad news tonight. If not a bomblast, it is a collapsed building, a kidnapped little girl, now is a massacre of innocent people by an unknown group of men. What is this world turning into?" Mrs Ambrose complained bitterly.
"The world embraces bad news happily." The Prof replied.
"When was the last time they reported about our children in diaspora making history. Graduating as best students, breaking records. The only good news we hear daily is the state governor commissioning a road he patched up."
"Go to newspaper stand every morning, you will see them. Young men, discussing negativities like it gives them joy. Even in my office, this one comes to break the news of a collapsed building in his area of residence, but will never come to tell you someone just completed and moved into his house. Such is the world that we live in. The girl that was kidnapped, we might not be told by the time she is found."
"Oh God! Make the world a safe place for my children's children and my great grandchildren. Born and unborn." Mrs Ambrose prayed.
"Unborn? Is any of their wives pregnant?" The Prof asked.
"Even if they are not, they will have more kids and it is necessary that I pray for them."
"But, Lola is pregnant?"
Mrs Ambrose opened her mouth to talk, but no word came out.

--tbc...

2 Likes

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Topscoque(f): 11:52am On Aug 14, 2016
Thnks, nyc to have u bk
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 11:58am On Aug 14, 2016
Topscoque:
Thnks, nyc to have u bk
Thank you ma

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by olanshile2016(m): 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
nice one bro,so when are you dropping the next one
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Lilyomi2: 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
D9ty7:
Thank you ma
finally! Anyway welcome back
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by tecno4life(m): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
Vibra:
Hmm.....
What can I say?
Family is everything.e-family or not.
First of all,i will like to tender apologies for my sudden absence from the family and NL literature section.
This section is the best.

To D9ty7,you are a writer that I look up to.
Kingphilip,Enigurl,tecno4life,labaski,Onemansquad...
I'm sorry cry

I miss you all

I've actually been absent for a long time myself though
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
olanshile2016:
nice one bro,so when are you dropping the next one
Tonight
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2016
Lilyomi2:
finally! Anyway welcome back
Thank you ma'am
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2016
tecno4life:

Oga boss

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by tecno4life(m): 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2016
D9ty7:

Oga boss
Na u be oga na, are us still writing blood bond on NL or ur blog
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by olanshile2016(m): 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2016
D9ty7:
Tonight
nice one bro,itz like you are back fully
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Tmboy(m): 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2016
Thank GOD u are bak......ahhh since dis days
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by Nobody: 2:43am On Aug 15, 2016
tecno4life:

Oh!
Alright....
Hope you've stopped spamming threads

1 Like

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by segzy17: 5:51am On Aug 15, 2016
Welcum Boss, Hope u ar back fully?
Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by D9ty7(m): 6:39am On Aug 15, 2016
Good morning guys. This should've dropped last night.

Sharon woke up with a banging headache which forced her out of bed. She reached for her phone to check the time. It says; 1:18AM.
"I need to get paracetamol." She thought aloud as she rumaged her bedside drawer, but nothing seems to be there.
She slowly dragged herself out of the room towards the kitchen where the first aid box is located, then she started hearing voices in whispers.
"How well do you trust this guy?" It was Vicky who asked.
"Like I told you, he is just my client, but I trust him." Ben replied.
"Enough to believe that he had no hand in the kidnap?" Vicky asked.
"My mind is telling me he had no hand in it. I mean, Sharon was there with him, as well as Princess, so they would have suspected a foul play." Ben explained.
Vicky only scoffed. "Listen up! Princess is only a kid first of all. And second of all, Sharon is not to be trusted. She is having something for this Ojo guy and it is obvious. So even if she suspected foul play, she is blinded by whatever it is." Vicky poured out.
"Are you saying my sister is an accomplice?" Ben asked angrily. "My blood sister?"
"Here we go again. Your sister always tops the list when your children should. Your blood sister or a product of your own blood. We are talking about my son here and you dare give your sister some sort of importance. Small time, you'll say I am not a caring mother. Even if I am not a caring mom, I care about our kidnapped son, while your concern is your sister and a strange man who in sane climes be held as suspects." Vicky poured out.
Silence befell the room as Sharon could feel her anger rising such that she felt like barging into the room to confront her brother's wife, but in a bid to hear more, she kept her cook.
Ben sighed. "But you and I know that Sharon cannot be an accomplice."
"You may be right. Which means Ojo has a lot of explaining to do." Vicky replied. "I'll call the police." She added.
"But..." Ben wanted to argue."
"No but."

Sharon felt cold immediately she heard Vicky's porouncement. "Ojo is in a deep sh!t." She thought as she turned back towards the guest room. That moment, pacetamol was the last thing on her mind.
"Who's there?" Ojo's voice came on as soon as she tapped on the door.
"It's me Sharon."
Sharon could hear footsteps approaching the door from within and seconds later, the door knob turned and the she was in front of him.
"What are you doing awake by this time?" Sharon asked as she followed him into the room.
"Nothing serious. Just thinking." He replied.
Now is not the time to advise him. Instead, it is the time to act.
"Ojo, you have to leave."
"What? Why?" The shock was clearly written on his face.
"You are alone in the wild. The best thing is to leave." Sharon replied.
"Stop speaking in parables. Break it down."
"Vicky thinks you have a hand in Junior's abduction and is calling the cops on you by daybreak." Sharon explained.
"I think that is better. I would be able to help the police with investigations that way."
"You don't get it, do you?" Sharon asked. "She is convinced that you had a hand in it and she is inviting the cops to arrest you, not to make you help the investigation."
"How can she conclude such?" Ojo who was getting agitated asked.
"That is why you have to leave. You can't be in the middle of a murder case and still get involved with a kidnap case." Sharon explained.
"But running away one way or the other is sending a message that I am guilty. And moreso, I was only granted bail, my case is still on."
"Trust me Ojo, for now just leave." Sharon enthused.
Ojo thought for a whiled. "Okay, where will I go?"
"Somewhere no one is likely to know you." Sharon replied.
"I don't have anybody anywhere or know anybody."
"Okay, this is it. I'll give you the direction to my lodge at school. Don't worry, it is off campus and in a remote area. Stay there for a while, say a week until I come around, then we'll think of somewhere else."
"Sounds great."
Ojo dashed for the bed, picked up his phone, grabbed his bag and stuffed a few more clothes inside.
"Please, remove your sim card and get a new one." Sharon advised. "And please stay in touch." She added as she hugged him tightly outside the gate.

--tbc....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 by jahlove4jah: 8:39am On Aug 15, 2016
Ojo just complicated the whole thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

TEENAGE LOVE Naivety¤¤¤¤part 1 & 2 / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe / Chronicles Of Tracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.