Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,524,985 members, 5,778,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 August 2020 at 06:06 AM

The Itch. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Itch. (30594 Views)

The Itch List...the Good, The Crazy & The Insane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Itch. by Royver(m): 12:08am On Feb 12, 2016
OMA4U:
finally you have brought it in. Nice one.... Baba Roy...
Longest time sir
Re: The Itch. by Royver(m): 12:12am On Feb 12, 2016
Opeoluwa99:
I'm glad i read dis.i love ur nd ur intrlos,characters,descriptions,body,suspence,action........eeeennddings mister Royver although i never got to see one ending but i know dey would be great in summary i love d creativity originality nd d uniqueness in ur stories
thumbs up to u sir
more ink to ur pen
more grease to ur elbow
more current to ur phone nd laptop
more ideas to ur stories
more creativity to ur works
more fans to ur thread
more appreciation to u
more love to ur works.......anyone cares to add more
luv u sir hope to see more

Wow
I'm overwhelmed and flabberawed! thanks dearie.

1 Like

Re: The Itch. by Royver(m): 12:14am On Feb 12, 2016
mcsnup:
:DNo how i late, people go alway they my back, bros i beg shift. I wan stay beside that babe i get some interpreting to do. Mr Roy, Oya let the party begin...

Party begun. Welcome sir.
Re: The Itch. by Royver(m): 12:17am On Feb 12, 2016
@stuff46, lawconfessor, mhiz, happy new year and welcome!
Re: The Itch. by Royver(m): 12:20am On Feb 12, 2016
She looks up at me, her big blue eyes shiny in the dim light. She wants encouragement and I nod.
“You are kind sir.” She says, “Not like the others.”
I urge her to continue, and she does.

Mr. Johnson died a few years later. Some say he suffered a massive stroke. Others say he was pushed down the staircase of their house by his son during a scuffle and suffered the stroke on his way down. It didn’t matter either way, no one investigated it. The important thing was that he was dead. His son didn’t shed a tear at his burial. Come to think of it no one did, not even his wife. Not even when Johnjohnson, now 21 years old, went into his room after the burial ceremony to play the hit single “freedom” at the loudest volume.

With the last icon of control gone from his life, Johnjohnson became a full-fledged monster. He started beating up his mother for not getting his food ready on time or giving him money. He stopped going to school altogether and would disappear from home for days on end. He easily became the leader of the local cult gang and would lead them on robbery raids on the other side of town. His name became known and feared on the streets as he took to drugs and arming himself with dangerous charms. Any money he made from his marauding he gave a share to his friend in the police force who in turn ensured he was protected from the law. Anyone who gave away information concerning him was severely dealt with.

Soon after the death of her father, Caro left the house. She had been secretly saving money all these years from the little pocket money her father gave her once in a while and from money obtained from doing menial jobs for the neighbours. She knew there would be nothing left for her in the house and so she went out into the world to seek her own fortune and destiny. She didn’t look back on her past with bitterness but rather took it as a stepping stone to make her life better. Mrs. Johnson never searched for her. As far as she was concerned it was good riddance to bad rubbish and one less mouth to feed. Now she could concentrate all her attention on her only son who seemed to getting more and more withdrawn and had dropped out of school completely. Mrs. Johnson assumed this was her fault and did all she could to please him.

And she tried and tried for many more years.

One night Johnjohnson went out on a raid with his gang. He had been informed that a wealthy prospect had just returned from the United States and he had brought dollars in abundance. Johnjohnson and his gang approached the house at midnight armed with machetes and a gun which was handled by johnjohnsom himself. Although there was power outage, the compound itself was enveloped in an island of light provided by security lights which were being powered by a large and noisy generator. The wall itself was quite tall but Johnjohnson didn’t bother himself with that. He and his gang of six simply waited in the nearby bushes until a lexus jeep driven by the intended victim approached the gate. Their informant had told them he would be home late that day. They waited for the gates to be opened and as soon as the vehicle drove in, they swarmed into the compound. Their method was quick and effective, an act perfected over time. They grabbed the security guard by the throat and ordered the man to come down from the car while one of the gang members shut the gate. The man came down slowly but before he could say anything Johnjohnson ordered his men to grab him and bring him before the security guard whom they had forced to kneel down. As the man watched, Johnjohnson dealt a fatal blow with his machete to the man’s neck. Blood sprayed out unto the tiled garage floor as the security guard’s head fell to an odd angle, a strip of flesh stubbornly anchoring it to his body. As Johnjohnson struck again the man’s body convulsed as the head rolled underneath the jeep followed by a trail of blood.

The man sank to his knees in shock as the security guard’s now lifeless body was dropped.

“Now I want you to answer carefully.” Johnjohnsonbegan, the machete still in his hand as blood dripped from its blade. “Where are the dollars?”

“They are inside the house sir,” the man’s voice trembled, “Wait, let me go and get them for you.”

Johnjohnson used the side of the knife and slapped the man across the cheek with it. The man fell on his face, blood escaping from his nose and mouth, and he began to cry out.

“Ha! This man is not serious oh!” Johnjohnson spat, as his men began to laugh. “You want to shout for help? You want to die abi?”

“No sir. Please sir…you don’t understand…”

“My friend take us inside and show us the money! And be warned, we already know how much is in your possession so if you try to deceive us, you will certainly die!”

One of the men dragged the man to his feet. “Oyaoga, move!”

The man went to the door and reluctantly brought out his keys. He knew his wife and daughter would be inside and would not have heard what was going on outside because of the generator. The thought of exposing them to the kind of danger they were about to witness terrified him. He tried to think of what to say to delay these people. He decided to speak out loud; maybe they would hear his voice at the door and know there was danger.

“Please sir,” He began loudly, “Don’t harm me, I promise I will bring out all of the money, I know you don’t really want to be an armed robber and circumstances have pushed you into this…”

“See this fool oh! Who tell you say I be armed robber?!” Johnjohnson replied, slapping him across the face again, this time with an open fist. “I be ‘as-pyarin enterprenor’ just like yourself…”

“Honey? Is that you at the door?” A voice called out from inside.

And the man’s heart sank.

“Please,” He said more quietly and went on his knees. “Please don’t harm my wife and child.”

Johnjohnson looked at him and grinned wickedly.

“Just cooperate with us and we will leave you and your family in one piece.”

“Thank you sir.” The man replied even as the door bolt clanged open from the inside and his wife opened the door.

“Honey, calm down and do as I say,” the man urged his wife quickly in a harsh whisper even as her eyes widened in shock at the dangerous looking intruders beside her husband. “Take Eniola and go and stay in the kitchen while I sort these gentlemen out.”

His wife wasn’t listening to him. Her lips trembled as she stared into the deep menacing eyes of the man wielding a bloody machete.

“Johnjohnson?” She gasped.

Johnjohnson’s mouth dropped open in amazement. He recovered quickly and shoved the man inside as he stepped into their home with his six accomplices. He watched as a little girl no older than six years of age ran up to them and clung to the woman. He looked at her and grinned evilly.

“Hello Caro,” He said. “Longest time.”

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Itch. by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:28am On Feb 12, 2016
Chai!!! cry
Re: The Itch. by Niwdog(m): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2016
There is a problem here and one thing is for sure; caro is a gonna

2 Likes

Re: The Itch. by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 12, 2016
Why did she call his name na....

1 Like

Re: The Itch. by Jumizie13(f): 11:58am On Feb 12, 2016
caro don fall my hand

1 Like

Re: The Itch. by RemenZack(f): 12:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
Really good. I enjoyed the last update.
Re: The Itch. by zyzxx(m): 2:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
INTERMISSION ---- caro vs johnjohnson.
Triller

1 Like

Re: The Itch. by mcsnup: 3:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
chaii, caro no die o. How do we save her, ok jack baur to d rescue...

2 Likes

Re: The Itch. by Wealthyone: 8:05am On Feb 13, 2016
Ghen Ghen.... Dr Royver is back.

1 Like

Re: The Itch. by aminat02(f): 3:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
My favourite naira land author is back!

1 Like

Re: The Itch. by Countrygirl(f): 10:39am On Feb 16, 2016
Nice story Royver.
Caro,pls don't die oo
Re: The Itch. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 16, 2016
Following cool
Re: The Itch. by Royver(m): 8:53pm On Feb 17, 2016
“Go upstairs dear and watch cartoon” Caro whispered to her daughter, who nodded and ran up the stairs. Johnjohnson watched her go and licked his lips. Caro turned to face him.

“Please,” She said, “Don’t hurt my family.”

“Ah ah, is that the first thing you will say to me after all these years?” Johnjohnson said with a smirk as he examined the house. “Hmm, you have done very well for yourself oh, see as Caro go marry rich bros!”

“You know this man?” her husband asked.

“He is my strep brother.”

Her husband visibly relaxed, his second mistake of the night.

“Bros man, that mean say we be in-laws ba?” he said genially trying to establish a rapport with johnjohnson. “We be one o, no sha-”

Johnjohnson struck him on his thigh with the machete. He fell to the floor screaming and his wife rushed to his side.

“Leave him alone!” she shouted her eyes wide, her face contorted in fury and terror.

“Your first mistake,” Johnjohnson shouted at the whimpering man, “Was to think we would be kind enough to spare your wife and child! And your second was thinking that I and this B!itch have any friendly relations whatsoever! This woman that is the author of my pain!”

“What?” Caro gasped incredulously.

“Yes!” Johnjohnson boomed. “Daddy always loved you, always showed you more attention because you were his first child. He loved you because you were smarter and always forming obedient, making me look like the bad one, that’s why he hated me so much. The only time he showed me any attention was when he wanted to beat me!”

“You must be mad!” Caro shouted suddenly at the top of her voice. Even Johnjohnson’s men backed away at the sudden outburst from the small and skinny woman. “Did you actually live in that house with your eyes open all these years? Do you know how you and your mother bullied and humiliated me and made my life a living hell? Did daddy at any time come to my rescue?”

“He was pretending jo!” Johnjohnson enthused, “I know he used to come and see you when he thought I wasn’t looking. I know he used to favour you secretly! I knew even when he sent you to that local school he would secretly bribe the teachers to give you special attention.”

“He never did any of those things!” Caro retorted indignantly.

“My mother told me he did!”

“And you believe her?!” Caro screamed

“You are the cause of all my problems.” Johnjohnson said bitterly. “And today you will pay for it.”

Caro suddenly burst into laughter. It was an eerie sort of laugh, like that of a mad woman. Her husband looked up from his crouched position and grabbed her arm.

“Dear, are you okay?” He asked.

“Don’t ask her stupid questions. She can go mad for all I care.” Johnjohnson said. “Go and bring the money quick.”

The man stood up as blood soaked his trousers. For the first time there was fight in his eyes.

“Promise me you won’t hurt my family. Then I will bring the money.”

Johnjohnson’s eyes widened. His body shook with rage. He stuck his hand behind his back and brought out the handgun. Caro’s husband’s lips trembled but he stood firm in front of his still laughing wife whose eyes had now taken on a vacant stare.

“You can kill us or you can take the money but you can’t have both. I assure you even if you turn this house upside down you will never find it. How much did your informant tell you I had? I have twice that amount in this house but you will never find it without our help.”

Johnjohnson cocked the gun.

“Oga take am easy, make we collect the moni first!” One of his men said.

Johnjohnson ignored the man and pointed the gun at Caro even as her husband grabbed her in his arms protectively.

Johnjohnson fired twice and Caro’s husband dropped the ground as he was quickly surrounded by a growing pool of his own blood and his life essence ebbed away.

Caro stopped laughing. She looked at the body of her husband at her feet as his blood circled around her legs. She bent down and touched his head as the robbers looked on in silence. A single sob escaped her lips.

Then she dipped her right palm in the pool of blood and lunged forward like a cat, grabbing Johnjohnson by his neck and taking them all by surprise.

“Your death will be slow and painful!” She screamed at him, rubbing her husband’s blood on his face as he attempted to push her off. “For all my years of suffering you will be repaid in full! Your death will be miserable!”

Johnjohnson wrenched her away with the help of his men. He threw her violently to the floor beside her husband and aimed the gun at her. She stared back at him defiantly.

“Witch!” he spat. “None of your curses will work! I am covered from head to toe in charms!”

“Charm or no charm you will die!” Caro screeched. “You refuse to take responsibility for your own problems but you will not be able to ignore your own death! Soak yourself in charm if you like, the thing that will kill you will be small like this” and she drew a tiny dot with her finger.

Johnjohnson hissed and pointed the gun.

“Oga wait na!” One of the men said rushing to his side but he had already pulled the trigger. Caro fell back against the body of her husband and was still.

“Wetin! Wetin!!” he shouted at his crooney, “Why you dey spoil my groove?”

“But we neva get the moni oga.” The man grumbled. “You no hear wetin he talk say he hide am?”

“Ask the child!” Johnjonson roared, the whites of his eyes showing. He had lost it, the men could see that, it had been happening more and more often during their raids. Three of the men went upstairs grumbling to themselves. How would the child know where the money was?

They brought the girl downstairs. “We saw her on her knees, closing her ears, in front of the television.” They said.

Johnjohnson grabbed the child and shook her violently. “Where is the money? Where is it?”

“Oga, how the pikin go take know na?” One of the men asked, and johnjohnson promptly turned and shot him in the stomach. He fell to the floor shouting and the others rallied around him. The loud noise from the gunshot terrified the girl who started screaming for all she was worth. Her scream was high pitched and almost deafening. The men turned to their leader angrily.

“Oga cool down na!”

“You don dey misbehave oh!”

Johnjohnson glared at them for a moment then turned his attention back to the child.

“Where is the money? Talk or I kill you like I did your parents!”

The child simply bawled away, screaming in terror. Johnjohnson held her down on the floor and pointed the gun at her.

‘Click’

No more bullets.

In a rage, he threw the gun aside and went for his machete. Raising it he stretched out the girl’s arm.

“Where is the money?!”

The child suddenly turned her head and saw the bodies of her parents lying in a heap and surrounded by blood.

“Mummy, Daddy,” she said, suddenly quiet as her little mind tried to process what was going on.

Johnjohnson’s machete came down and the girl went into shock as pain snapped through her frail body.

Johnjohnson raised the machete again but the sound of a siren nearby caught their attention. At the same time a phone in Caro’s pocket began to ring.

“Oga, soldier dey come, dey don call soldier, make we dey go!” One of the men said as the others opened the door and fled.

Johnjohnson shouted in frustration, flung the catatonic child aside and raced out with his men as they disappeared into the night.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Itch. by gulfer: 9:17pm On Feb 17, 2016
Always a very enthralling writer. winka
Re: The Itch. by Skimpledawg(m): 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2016
Oga Roy just dey kill anyhow....av even started liking dz 'caro' character already o! undecided
Re: The Itch. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
Now I'm surely not happy.

1 Like

Re: The Itch. by ministerblessed: 11:42pm On Feb 17, 2016
My Royver!!!
Re: The Itch. by Royver(m): 4:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
Chai!!! cry
cry
Re: The Itch. by Royver(m): 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
RemenZack:
Really good. I enjoyed the last update.
Thanks @remenzack. Did u previously exist here as st***?
Re: The Itch. by Royver(m): 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
Wealthyone:
Ghen Ghen.... Dr Royver is back.
How you doing. Happy new year
Re: The Itch. by RemenZack(f): 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
Royver:

Thanks @remenzack. Did u previously exist here as st***?
What do you mean? I don't understand!
Re: The Itch. by Mrbigman1(m): 10:39am On Feb 19, 2016
Bia royver! Why u kill Caro? Caro dat wizkid have being looking for emba na him u go massacre?

Ova, update please, am waiting.

This my val gift
Re: The Itch. by davspog2(m): 4:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
Oga Royver you don dey turn bloody ooo
Re: The Itch. by Chrisx1x(m): 7:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
Royver:

How you doing. Happy new year
sir, you remain my best author on nairaland.i still wonder how u manage to write consistent updates despite your tight schedule.keep up your good work.you are a genius.
Re: The Itch. by Royver(m): 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
RemenZack:

What do you mean? I don't understand!
Thot u were an old moniker friend of mine . No wahala. Would have replied earlier but was banned by antispambot.
Re: The Itch. by Royver(m): 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
Mrbigman1:
Bia royver! Why u kill Caro? Caro dat wizkid have being looking for emba na him u go massacre?

Ova, update please, am waiting.

This my val gift
Na so d tory dey go o, me sef I surprise grin
Was banned earlier, will update this evening.

1 Like

Re: The Itch. by Mrbigman1(m): 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
Royver:

Na so d tory dey go o, me sef I surprise grin
Was banned earlier, will update this evening.

Who give d mod authority?

For dis town kwa, dis town wey I dey run?

Nawaooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Online Writing Jobs You Should Do Today / Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize / New Story : Afraid To Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.