Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase (5217 Views)

"Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says / Gender Equality; What A Man Deserves A Woman Deserves Also / PHOTO: This Is Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by ancashy(f): 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
mazizitonene:
in any contest, majority wins.................

let me paint this picture, maybe you are in your village and their is a community clash or war or.......................let me bring it down to simpler format, lets say your family is having a bloody clash with the family living opposite and guns are been used, this war just start o and you have well-able brothers and sisters, then your father starts "recruiting soldiers" (let me put it in job format since them say equal rights) to fight for the family. how of y'al ladies shouting equality will come out first, submit your cv to your father pick up your arms and go out first before your brothers undecided.........
if i hear say una no run go hide for kitchen or under bed for your room waiting for your brothers to fight for you, even that girl that may have more strength than "some boys" cheesy

be honest for once kwanu undecided
Have you heard of Boko haram female fighters as ruthless or more ruthless than the male fighters.Female or Male we can decide whatever we want to do and be splendid at it, whether positive or negative

1 Like

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mazizitonene(m): 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
Adaeze003:

I'm not here to argue with you soo... whatever you say... wink
alrai bae....we just saying da truth wink
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mazizitonene(m): 3:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
mizquote:

this issue has been too over flogged. the major reason people challenge this is because of inadequate knowledge of the aforementioned term.

gender equality those not in any way means all sexes will behave alike, it means any of the sex be it male or female who feel they can give their onus in any field should be given the opportunity irrespective of their sex.

women in Saudi Arabia are not allowed to drive cars because the men feel when women do they would challenge the men folks.

To your question, if I feel I am courageous enough to join in the fight why not I should be allowed.

we have more female than male in most settings women should be allowed to try their hands in different spheres to aid productivity.

that should be the basic idea...not equality......I think gender tolerance suits it better wink
Noted tho
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mazizitonene(m): 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
ancashy:
Have you heard of Boko haram female fighters as ruthless or more ruthless than the male fighters.Female or Male we can decide whatever we want to do and be splendid at it, whether positive or negative
My dear na you I dey talk about not those girls....you girls that are sane...stop dragging mad people into the discussion wink

ancashy:

[[b]color=#006600][b]Mr. medical na u sabi ooo,I have said mine, the man can be the head,but u will agree with me that the head can be faulty,the fact that Ur boss is superior to you in hierarchy does not mean he is using other yard stick. I refuse to get into the argument of superior or not men some men fail where other women succeed and some men succeed where other women fail.I insist it is about our individual uniqueness.[/color][/b][/b]

yea yea.....you preach gender tolerance/allowance/freedom......but that equality is a No No
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mazizitonene(m): 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2016
Creamish:
U wanted 5...so here goes...

1. Dr Stella Adadevoh

2. Joan of Arc

3. Juliet (of Romeo)

4. Farzana Parveen

5. Mother Theresa
lolz...bae can u be the sixth one for me wink
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Creamish(f): 3:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
mazizitonene:
lolz...bae can u be the sixth one for me smiley

I have one already. Totally content with my choice.
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Adaeze003(f): 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2016
mazizitonene:
alrai bae....we just saying da truth wink

It's ok... you guys can say or think whatever... I'm only concerned about what the women think and say... wink
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mazizitonene(m): 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
Fanirandele:

Why not, female soilders are showing they are ready to face equality in danger. There are families in which when you hear a noise outside and you think it may be a robber the woman will be the one to first get a bat and go check it out grin No gender is superior to the other, human beings should be judged on an individual bases and the truth is one on one many women will beat many men in most spheres of life
chai! eiya embarassed .....bros so u sef na feminist abi transgender embarassed cheiya....sorry for you....

it iz well shaa smiley
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mazizitonene(m): 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
Creamish:

I have one already. Totally content with my choice.
awww.....but hey, i dont mind though, we could share you know...afterall itz all about love....and there is love in sharing wink
and since you support gender equality...we can turn the rules and let you marry more than one husband (polyandry)......
and oh, and dont worry, you'l be the bread winner, i'l be one of the house husbands......wacha say ?....yhu agree ? wink

and yhu'l make history as the first woman to die for two men grin
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mazizitonene(m): 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
Adaeze003:

It's ok... you guys can say or think whatever... I'm only concerned about what the women think and say... wink
the truth is what they should think and say, and not deceive 'emselves wink
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Creamish(f): 4:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
mazizitonene:
awww.....but hey, i dont mind though, we could share you know...afterall itz all about love....and there is love in sharing wink
and since you support gender equality...we can turn the rules and let you marry more than one husband (polyandry)......
and oh, and dont worry, you'l be the bread winner, i'l be one of the house husbands......wacha say ?....yhu agree ? wink

Not sure how u got the "I support gender equality" from the list i gave.

Nwayz... Im neither for nor against Gender Equality. I wont go all out advocating for any gender rights.. If any woman wants to do whatever, I dont see why she can't. Same applies to men. We must not speak many many english to justify anything. Nowadays, we have transgenders...men who'd rather be women and women who'd rather be men... Gender issues everywhere..

As long as I live, I will do whatever I want to do because I want to do it...not because of any gender equality brouhaha..
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mazizitonene(m): 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
Creamish:

Not sure how u got the "I support gender equality" from the list i gave.

Nwayz... Im neither for nor against Gender Equality. I wont go all out advocating for any gender rights.. If any woman wants to do whatever, I dont see why she can't. Same applies to men. We must not speak many many english to justify anything. Nowadays, we have transgenders...men who'd rather be women and women who'd rather be men... Gender issues everywhere..

As long as I live, I will do whatever I want to do because I want to do it...not because of any gender equality brouhaha..
see how she tactically avoid my proposal cheesy

anyway sha.....your point has been duly noted

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Creamish(f): 5:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
mazizitonene:
see how she tactically avoid my proposal cheesy

anyway sha.....your point has been duly noted

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mazizitonene(m): 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
Creamish:

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
yea, i garrit. i know ur type....... you dont wana let ya feelings out yet.....no p, i've got loadsa patience wink not jonathan tho........

meanwhile i'l be right here watching yhu.........and d initial formnz wink ....

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
Creamish:
U wanted 5...so here goes...

1. Dr Stella Adadevoh

2. Joan of Arc

3. Juliet (of Romeo)

4. Farzana Parveen

5. Mother Theresa

You know Farzana Parveen?. What have you been reading? I'm impressed!!.

•Joan of Arc was martyred for her faith like many other Catholic saints. She didn't die for a loved one, neither did Stella or Mother Theresa.

The ones that did close to such on the list are Parveen & Juliet, and it wasn't even sacrificial love - like when you place your head in the guillotine so that a comrade can live. Parveen broke a law in the Sharia. And She(Juliet) only stabbed herself after she found Romeo dead. It became obsession and not love the minute she did that, don't you think?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
Lol.
No gender is superior or inferior to the other.
The wars men like boasting about fighting in were caused by the men themselves.
Just like they fight and do tedious work they also cause more trouble in the world with their robberies and rapes and burglaries and ritual killings and cultist killings and serial killings and terrorist killings.

2 Likes

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by chigoizie7(m): 12:06am On Feb 12, 2016
Tolatutu:

Of course most human beings will use anything for their own good just like the men who have no problem with women taking on "traditional" male roles like paying bills in the family, then you'll be hearing couples are meant to help each other but they will remember tradition when it comes to them helping the woman out on the home front. The whole point of gender equality is the women who want to labourers or mechanics should be allowed to, i've seen more female mechanics now than ever. It's about parents and the society not discouraging female kids from certain jobs and only pushing them towards marriage.

And u think it is not being hypocritical?

U preach A today and den do B to favour you.

I know a lady when I was in skul, dis girl carry this gender equality for head,but when it is time to "on" her generator or carry water upstairs she will be looking for men to do that for her, so, I asked her oneday, chioma,u have been preaching about this your gender stuff, I am not against it oh, it is good, but why is it that whenever u want to drag/on your gen or carry water u look for men to do it for u, it is not as if u pay dem oh, why can't u do it yourself? I think whatever a man can do, a woman can equally do.

She was just mopping @ me, @last she said, it is not as if I cannot do it ooh, but there are certain things a man should do and some women could do.

And I was like, which means it is not being equal anymore, @ that juncture, she left my room.

Bros, I am not against d gender equality mantra, if u must preach it, good, if u must practice it, good, but don't be hypocritical about it.
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Nobody: 5:38am On Feb 12, 2016
K9blunt:
Think we are abusing this equality of a thing.

Am not an advocate of feminism, equal rights.

I believe men are superior, because they are stronger, while women are delicate.

Rather we compliment each other , while the man is stronger in physical abilities, women are smarter and unlike men, have the abilities of managing many thoughts and ideas unlike man that can't handle multiple tasks.

Women should indeed be independent but not too independent when they get their men. We should be able to work hand in hand.

Men can't survive without the woman and vise versa.
Superior The man isn't superior to the woman. we were all born equally, the same way but the society has put the barrier because of the man's physical strength. if you are a mother, u will see there are no differences btw ur male and female children as they grow. we are the ones who put the difference by telling this one u are a girl or a boy. we were created in our own unique ways and no one choose to be male or female. everybody should be given equal opportunities. And listing tasks that women don't do which should make them accept inferiority is crap, their are things women do that men can't do as well.
And don't start bringing the bible into all this. God made u the head in ur home and not the head over all women. Guys should also try to go back to that genesis story and see that the woman being beneath her husband came as a curse when God gave them their punishments for disobedience. You will accept Jesus has set u free from Adamic curses but u won't let the woman go free. Hypocrisy!

3 Likes

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Creamish(f): 6:08am On Feb 12, 2016
darkenedrebel:

You know Farzana Parveen?. What have you been reading? I'm impressed!!.

•Joan of Arc was martyred for her faith like many other Catholic saints. She didn't die for a loved one, neither did Stella or Mother Theresa.

The ones that did close to such on the list are Parveen & Juliet, and it wasn't even sacrificial love - like when you place your head in the guillotine so that a comrade can live. Parveen broke a law in the Sharia. And She(Juliet) only stabbed herself after she found Romeo dead. It became obsession and not love the minute she did that, don't you think?

Ur men died for individual luv. Joan and Stella died for the luv of their country. I don't see how that isn't praise worthy..

Parveen married d man she luvd knowing fully well the consequences and she was killed for it.

Mother Theresa died from an illness she got while caring for the poor and sick in India... If that isn't luv, then I dunno what is..

Juliet could av easily moved on after Romeo died..but she didn't cos she couldn't imagine life without him.. She died for the luv she had for him.

As for u being impressed cos I know about Parveen.. Gimme a break. I'm not a child. ..

5 Likes

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Creamish(f): 6:16am On Feb 12, 2016
mazizitonene:
yea, i garrit. i know ur type....... you dont wana let ya feelings out yet.....no p, i've got loadsa patience wink not jonathan tho........

meanwhile i'l be right here watching yhu.........and d initial formnz wink ....

....and then it happened that in the year 3016 AD, archaeologists discover d remains of a man who legend says died patiently waiting for the moon to turn blue

2 Likes

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 12, 2016
Creamish:

Ur men died for individual luv. Joan and Stella died for the luv of their country. I don't see how that isn't praise worthy

Your men? This is not a battle of the séxes.

Joan of Arc didn't die for the love of her country. She was burnt on stake because of her refusal to denounce Christ. Just like St. Agnes, St. Paul and so many others saints. That's not the type of love the pic op posted is talking about.

Creamish:

Parveen married d man she luvd knowing fully well the consequences and she was killed for it.
Mother Theresa died from an illness she got while caring for the poor and sick in India... If that isn't luv, then I dunno what is
Juliet could av easily moved on after Romeo died..but she didn't cos she couldn't imagine life without him.. She died for the luv she had for him

Juliet loved Romeo but committing suicide after finding out your lover is dead is not love, it's obsession.
I refuse to talk about the others anymore to avoid aggravating any kerfuffle.

Creamish:

As for u being impressed cos I know about Parveen.. Gimme a break. I'm not a child. ..

grin Relax. It was a sarcastic compliment. It doesn't mean you are a child. I didn't know who Stella Adadevoh was until you mentioned her as well.

You know what, I don't think you're mad cos I said I was impressed with the "Parveen" büllshït. I think you are still mad from our convo where I misread your comment on "discipled" and tried to turn it around instead of admitting my error.
Okay, I'm sorry and I apologise. Can we please move past this?

1 Like

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by K9blunt(f): 8:48am On Feb 12, 2016
blisscentre:

Superior The man isn't superior to the woman. we were all born equally, the same way but the society has put the barrier because of the man's physical strength. if you are a mother, u will see there are no differences btw ur male and female children as they grow. we are the ones who put the difference by telling this one u are a girl or a boy. we were created in our own unique ways and no one choose to be male or female. everybody should be given equal opportunities. And listing tasks that women don't do which should make them accept inferiority is crap, their are things women do that men can't do as well.
And don't start bringing the bible into all this. God made u the head in ur home and not the head over all women. Guys should also try to go back to that genesis story and see that the woman being beneath her husband came as a curse when God gave them their punishments for disobedience. You will accept Jesus has set u free from Adamic curses but u won't let the woman go free. Hypocrisy!

My dear, I don't believe in the bible neither do I believe in any god.
My opinion is bases on nature itself, for instance the female wolf is responsible for caring for her puppies while the male is in charge of bringing the food for her and her puppies.

Whenever there is brawl between a male and another male the mate of the other wolf defends him codely from the other acting as if she's weak and afraid.

The truth is, we are not equal in strength, intellect and others but rather we compliment each other.

The only thing that is the matter here is respect which is being abused by both genders in humans.

Fighting for feminism has now become a basterdised word.
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Creamish(f): 8:59am On Feb 12, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Your men? This is not a battle of the séxes.

Joan of Arc didn't die for the love of her country. She was burnt on stake because of her refusal to denounce Christ. Just like St. Agnes, St. Paul and so many others saints. That's not the type of love the pic op posted is talking about.

Juliet loved Romeo but committing suicide after finding out your lover is dead is not love, it's obsession.
I refuse to talk about the others anymore to avoid aggravating any kerfuffle.

grin Relax. It was a sarcastic compliment. It doesn't mean you are a child. I didn't know who Stella Adadevoh was until you mentioned her as well.

You know what, I don't think you're mad cos I said I was impressed with the "Parveen" büllshït. I think you are still mad from our convo where I misread your comment on "discipled" and tried to turn it around instead of admitting my error.
Okay, I'm sorry and I apologise. Can we please move past this? tongue

I don't get mad at pple FYI. I just weigh the significance of whatever lil impact they've had so far in my life and advise myself on whether they are worth my time or not...especially after having some conversation/meeting with them. I'd rather ignore and move past anyone who I might find less important than dilly-dally words or mix spaces with them.

What irked me about our last convo wasn't about the misunderstanding of my view...but ur final comment... d one I chose to ignore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mazizitonene(m): 11:32am On Feb 12, 2016
Creamish:

....and then it happened that in the year 3016 AD, archaeologists discover d remains of a man who legend says died patiently waiting for the moon to turn blue............. and the moon eventually did, he became famous in history, with his name written on the sands of time
tongue tongue

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by ancashy(f): 12:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
mazizitonene:

My dear na you I dey talk about not those girls....you girls that are sane...stop dragging mad people into the discussion wink

yea yea.....you preach gender tolerance/allowance/freedom......but that equality is a No No
ok,Oga believe what you want, me ...... I rest my case.
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
Creamish:

What irked me about our last convo wasn't about the misunderstanding of my view...but ur final comment d one I chose to ignore.

I've humbled myself by tendering an apology for that - and instead of recognizing the gesture, you chose to bloviate with this comment(and the first part of the post that I considered not germane by erasing) So abeg, park well.
Message gotten loud & clear!

3 Likes

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Creamish(f): 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
darkenedrebel:

I've humbled myself by tendering an apology for that - and in return, you chose to bloviate with this comment(& the first part of it that I considered inappurtenant by erasing) So abeg, park well. Message gotten loud & clear!

Whatever Dark... U owe me nuttn. We are clearly not on d same virtual path.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
Creamish:

Whatever Dark... U owe me nuttn. We are clearly not on d same virtual path.

Exactly, Agbo Areo cannot drink from the same chalice as Lascelles Abercrombie. It would be a taboo if they decide to tread the same pathway. Like I said "buzz off".

2 Likes

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Creamish(f): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Exactly, Agbo Areo cannot drink from the same chalice as Lascelles Abercrombie. It would be a taboo if they decide to tread the same pathway.

Whatever rocks ur canoe. Enuff wit d mentions. U will be ignored.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by Tolatutu: 10:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
blisscentre:

Gbam
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mikolo80: 7:58am On Aug 03, 2017
Tolatutu:

Exactly, can you imagine lipsrsealed. His type will soon start dating one single girl with no worries and enough time to pamper herself and blame his wife saying has let herself go grin how won't she look 2ce his age . In that relationship now he will still open his mouth to call her the weaker sex while she works twice as hard as him
why did she marry a spiteful man like that. what is she doing with her salary, can't she hire help and outsource cooking and let the man foot the other bills.
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mikolo80: 8:00am On Aug 03, 2017
RiloKiley:

True.
I know of a couple where the man comes home from work by 5pm while the wife returns by 8pm. And yet he will still sit down on his behind and wait for his wife to come home to start cooking and cleaning and washing. He doesn't life a single finger to help. That is a plain lazy man. No man who loves his wife will sit down and watch her suffer like that. The least he can do is help.
Tis her fault. why did she marry a spiteful man like that. what isshe doing with her salary, can't she hire help and outsource cooking and let the man foot the other bills

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Hotel Is Turning My Street Into Sodom And Gomorrah!!! / 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist / About To Divorce Him, Please I Need Your Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.