Stats: 3,143,302 members, 7,780,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:07 PM

University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) (12670 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best / Government Begins Payment Of University Lecturers' Salary Arrears / UniAbuja Workers Protest Non-payment Of Salaries (2) (3) (4)

University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by Famoraae(m): 4:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
Business and administrative activities were on Wednesday paralyzed at the University of Ibadan ( UI) as the non-teaching and senior staff unions of the institution protested shortfall in their salaries and unpaid arrears of allowances.

The workers include Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU), Senior Staff Union of Universities (SSANU) and National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT).

The university gate was shut to students and workers creating traffic gridlock in the area. Besides, the internal transport system was prevented from functioning forcing lecturers and newly admitted students to trek to their destinations.

Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by jinha(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
Make the authority attend to them naaa...
I don't want what happened in 1776 to happen again ooo...

So I'm FTC... Now I know how it feels...

Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by Juve4(m): 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmmm na wah for Naija oooh
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by brunofarad(m): 5:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
UI also protest ?
Thought it is only my GREAT IFE that protests.

Are you building?
CLICK HERE
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
Source?

But where is lalasticlala sef
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by nerdymufasa(m): 6:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
Woah...now this is jes embarrassing!
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by waterhouse071(m): 6:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
Nigerians everywhere protesting to get their right. is this change or shame.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by shaokhan01(m): 6:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
Me just dey watch
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by Futbolpredikts: 6:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
APC zombies be like "Gej is to be blamed cos he embezzled all the fund for payment"

This will always happen wen you have an incompetent government in power.

GEJ > PMB intellectually, physically, behaviourally, psychologically, sociologically, spiritually,... Abeg e Don do. Waiting for 2019

Quote me and have Stroke

Una eyes go soon clear..

Can't just wait for 2019.

#proudly a wailer

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by demarc001: 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
Protest corner in Nigeria, well maybe its part of the change! During the campaign i remember asking if its change we need or Positive Change.
Anyway, e go beta na poor man language.
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by INTROVERT(f): 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
Eyya.... I miss UI o... or rather I miss Ibadan amala and ewedu with gbègiri.

Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by ajbabs(m): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
If they need their salary arrears, they can come and have it.
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by Nyaknor(m): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
This Is true, Even as at 9am this Morning nothing happened...I was surprised too to see activities in the school premises paralyzed by the protesting staffs... I pray the sort them out on time.

Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
Keneking:
Source?

But where is lalasticlala sef

I think the pictures are good enough to substantiate the veracity of the news. thus, the exigency for source is now impertinent.

what do you anticipate from a situation were “anti-corrupt” exercise is practised primarily against Gej subordinates and the past administration and becoming oblivious and indifferent against corrupt practises in the current administration?

don't be surprised and bemoaned when you finally descry that the quantum of peculation in this contemporary dispensation exceeds that of the previous.

Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by burnexcessfats(f): 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
yes
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by bardintentionz: 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
It's a worrisome situation. At Unical we are yet to receive January pay due to the drastic shortfall in money sent. I wonder which arrears sef, cos e plenty
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by freemanbubble: 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
ok. am a uniben staff.
same here in university of benin.
since buhari came to power, it has been hell for uniben staff. salary will never be paid on time. we receive salary on the 20th of every month during jonathan administration.
but this buhari administration is disaster.
even if they manage to pay, definitely you will be short paid. all the allowance you are entittled to is gone as a federal staff.
i know all this rubbish will end one day

Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmm... I just hope the fed Govt would b able to sustain salaries in the months to come undecided undecidednkan be
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by boboLIL(m): 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
I blame buhari
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by Kenshinmunac(m): 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
Thank God I chose uni lag oo
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by loomer: 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
Eyah!
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by quanternetz(m): 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
Olayinka ooooooooooo ooooooooooo
pay their money o beg

After two months @ home

E joor e help wa ooooooo!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by virginboy1(m): 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
So UI also owes its staff?

I hope this won't affects its Dlc students.
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by truetalknow: 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
Chai
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by jericco1(m): 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
I smell strike
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
Famoraae:
Business and administrative activities were on Wednesday paralyzed at the University of Ibadan ( UI) as the non-teaching and senior staff unions of the institution protested shortfall in their salaries and unpaid arrears of allowances.

The workers include Non-Academic Staff Union (NASU), Senior Staff Union of Universities (SSANU) and National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT).

The university gate was shut to students and workers creating traffic gridlock in the area. Besides, the internal transport system was prevented from functioning forcing lecturers and newly admitted students to trek to their destinations.

Here is the problem.

Back in 2013....ASUU went on strike to get the N3 trillion promised by the government in 2009. Government told ASUU then that the N3 trillion won't be possible...and slashed it to N1 trillion over 5 years...in N200m instalments. To be shared among 30 universities.

In 2014....Poly lecturers went on strike. Nyesom Wike (then Minister of State for Education) got them a good agreement....only for the Salaries and Wages Comission to tell them that it was not possible.

In other words....even when oil prices were high...government could not give the universities extra funding.

Now it is 2016.Oil prices have crashed. The treasury is drained...and everyone and his mother still expects the government to pay hefty salaries.

Of course...corruption. But even if we ended corruption....the money still won''t be enough. (Remind me to tell Nigerians that we are not a rich country).

So....right now....govt does not have enough money. It is either university staff 1) Take a salary cut. 2) Increase fees 3) Organise 90 day prayer and fasting for oil price to rise to $170 per barrel. 4) Buy a big gift for the King of Saudi Arabia.(you know where this is going).

Nigeria cannot adequately fund its universities. Some may call me an APC stooge, some may call me a Pdp excuser....but that is the cold fact.Unless you have N20 TRILLION lying around somewhere for universities alone....

Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by quanternetz(m): 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
Olayinka ooooooooooo ooooooooooo

pay their money o abeg

After two months @ home

E joor e help wa ooooooo!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by truetalknow: 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
EVIL PEOPLE SITTING ON THE MONEY shocked not surprised jor. Nonsense
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by tansho(m): 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
Futbolpredikts:
APC zombies be like "Gej is to be blamed cos he embezzled all the fund for payment"

This will always happen wen you have an incompetent government in power.

GEJ > PMB intellectually, physically, behaviourally, psychologically, sociologically, spiritually,... Abeg e Don do. Waiting for 2019

Quote me and have Stroke

Una eyes go soon clear..

Can't just wait for 2019.

#proudly a wailer

I'm with you!

Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by yomalex(m): 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
wow
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by BrightEye(m): 7:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
virginboy1:
So UI also owes its staff?

I hope this won't affects its Dlc students.

I hope so too...
cos I've already purchased their DLC form... lol.
Re: University Of Ibadan Staff Protest Non-Payment Of Arrears (Photos) by Yeecar(m): 7:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
Self Employment is the key... Contact me for more info on Mushroom Cultivation!

Is Examination Malpractice A Sin? / Can Jamb Offer A Candidate With Two Admission / ASUU Strike : No End In Site - Chairman