Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. (39161 Views)

Jonathan Named In Statement ‘torn’ By Metuh — EFCC / EFCC Escapes Court Wrath For Releasing Press Statement On Metuh’s Case / More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by PhockPhockMan: 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC on Wednesday escaped a reprimand from a Federal High Court presided over by Justice Okon Abang for issuing a press release on court proceedings the trial of the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh
The matter came up at the resumed hearing of the case of human rights abuse instituted by Chief Metuh against the EFCC for detaining him illegally for two weeks.
The EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwajeren had in a statement on Tuesday issued a press statement on the appearance of one of its prosecution witness and officer in the commission, Detective Junaid Sa’id in the case against Chief Metuh, which Metuh’s lawyers insisted was one-sided and misrepresented the court.
Chief Metuh’s counsel, Adedioe (SAN), told Justice Abang that Chief Metuh is under trial by his court not by EFCC or the press. “It is your lordship that is trying Chief Metuh not the press or the EFCC” He then urged the court to take action to prevent the continued misrepresentation of court proceedings. “We should not justify what is not justifiable.
EFCC lawyer, Ugwu esq, transferred the blame to the press and said “I know the press, they have the penchant for sensationalism. This is the problem we have in this country, they will hear what happen, go home and misinterpret”.
However, in his short ruling after hearing the two counsels, Justice Abang declined action, saying the issue should be brought up during the continuation of the criminal matter.
Metuh’s lawyers are complaining that the EFCC, a principal party in the case issued a press statement but hid from the public certain facts established in court including the acknowledgement by the prosecution witness, Junaid Sa’id, during cross examination that Chief Metuh never ate his statement while with the commission.
They are not happy that the EFCC statement did not reflect the fact that the prosecution witness also read out a section in the ONSA document wherein it was expressly stated that the N400m payment to Chief Metuh followed due process.
The EFCC operative had also stated, that in the cause of his investigation, he did not come across any evidence that Chief Metuh had any personal relationship and/or direct dealings with the former NSA Sambo Dasuki.
Also he confirmed that he has no documentary and/or oral evidence to back his claim that Dasuki withdrew N10b and changed it into dollars and distributed to top PDP leaders during their national convention, as well as his claim that the $2m given to Nneka Ararume actually came from the sum allegedly withdrawn from Dasuki.

Judge adjourned for ruling on March 7, 2016

http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/02/OLISA-METUH--EFCC-Escapes-by-the-Whiskers/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by stuff46(m): 7:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
Slowly the truth about the whole case i coming out. See the way they have succeded in painting an innocent man a common criminal.

Until the end of the case sha.

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by HtwoOw: 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
commenting later

just get to FP
Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by PhockPhockMan: 7:54pm On Feb 10, 2016

They are not happy that the EFCC statement did not reflect the fact that the prosecution witness also read out a section in the ONSA document wherein it was expressly stated that the N400m payment to Chief Metuh followed due process.
The EFCC operative had also stated, that in the cause of his investigation, he did not come across any evidence that Chief Metuh had any personal relationship and/or direct dealings with the former NSA Sambo Dasuki.
Also he confirmed that he has no documentary and/or oral evidence to back his claim that Dasuki withdrew N10b and changed it into dollars and distributed to top PDP leaders during their national convention, as well as his claim that the $2m given to Nneka Ararume actually came from the sum allegedly withdrawn from Dasuki.

I'm Speechless.

Lalasticlala, obinoscopy.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by docadams: 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmmmmmm.

@Stuff46

Are you not committing the same offence EFCC is accused of committing? Imagine you pronouncing an accused innocent before judgement day.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2016
Gradually the truth is comming out!! Buhari and his vindictive EFCC would soon be disgraced !! I cant wait to see Metuh mount the docks!!

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by gunuvi(m): 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
Very soon the truth will be in the open and many zombies will almost steal photocopy of wailers form just to gatecrash.
one chance government

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by illmatic101(m): 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
Sometimes I wonder, if we're being played by the APC government, what are they really up to? What's going on behind the curtains? We may be here wailing while they're busy selling us to the Devil.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by SmartMugu: 8:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
Can someone here pls translate this to english? I was told when a mad person argues with another mad person, the argument is always in a mad man language, understandable to fellow mad men.
A summary in English would be appreciated, not all this 'my lordship' language.

2 Likes

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by LuchoLyon: 8:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
EFCC OFFICIALS are now on the run?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by MonologKen: 8:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
One day bushmeat go catch the hunter

10 Likes

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by kennyman2000(m): 8:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmmm...
Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by PhockPhockMan: 8:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
chukwudi44:
Gradually the truth is comming out!! Buhari and his vindictive EFCC would soon be disgraced !! I cant wait to see Metuh mount the docks!!
My man, where are those your APC friends.?

Omenka, Beremx, Obiagelli, NgeneUkwenu, donphilopus, egift, Abagworo, phantom, Demdem, Orlandowoh, Clerverly.

Food don done.

25 Likes

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by koikoi2(m): 8:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
Jonathan has said it long ago that he never approved $2.1million on arms. Dokpesi has said APC is only cooking up bogus amounts. APC is a scam.
The truth will finally come out.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by seangy4konji: 8:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
lol

so na efcc escape metuh again?

Drama too full this our country.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by koikoi2(m): 8:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
just
Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by Flexherbal(m): 8:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
Metuh, pay back our money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
[size=15pt]Buhari's fight against corruption is worse than looting. If he fails to prosecute
#Hinubu
#Honathan
#Hamaechi
#ztella Odua
And many others

He is a failure and a liar
[/size]

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by hardywaltz(m): 8:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
Olisa Metuh
Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by Megatone(m): 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
I dey fear comment before them go ban me again............
Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by PhockPhockMan: 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
LuchoLyon:
EFCC OFFICIALS are now on the run?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

5 Likes

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by Davidlein(m): 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
God help naija.. corruption here and there, Buhari Should Develop Naija Abeg And 4get Abt fighting corruption

1 Like

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by hobermener: 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
Flexherbal:
Metuh, pay back our money.
I know you have to justify you pay by posting trash all over the place to suit the interest of your pay masters, but i implore you to give way to common sense and rational reasoning on certain issues. You just read a well articulated post that proves apc's media trial of corrupt politicians a shameful farce and an ignoble sham, and this is the best you can come up with?? Aisha's rice indeed works wonders.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by chronique(m): 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
Interesting. Nobody actually knows or understands what is going on in Nigeria today. One minute,you think the govt of the day is right,and the other minute,it appears like the govt is wrong. There's a lot of misrepresentation of facts going on and everything just seems confusing and chaotic.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by tete7000(m): 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
Eh eh eh! See me laughing in German. EFCC na wa for you o.
Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by brunofarad(m): 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by BatmanIsWatching(m): 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
Maybe this comment won't be important to the majority of the people here. Some of you will ignore it, most of yall won't bother to read and it'll go unnoticed along with other comments, maybe I'll be criticized for this but i just want to let yall know I'm selling bananas.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
Stale and rubbish report
Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by mightyhaze: 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmm! Interestin,..

2 Likes

Re: OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. by jagalboy: 8:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
Where is d source of this information? I found d source unreliable as it is not known to any of us here. I also found d writer biased and he succeeded in shooting himself in d leg by displaying d act he claimed d defendant complained about in court by publishing d court proceedings too.

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is A Federal Minister Superior To A State Governor Constitutionally? / Femi Fani-Kayode, His Wife Precious & Son Aragorn In Adorable Family Photos / Nnamdi Kanu: 'ISIS Will Attack Nigeria, Your Mothers Will Be Raped..'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.