Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 (56573 Views)

Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 / Hierarchy Of Yoruba Obas As Of 1920 / Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by oodua1stson: 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
bokohalal:

The Mongols conquered China!
so wetin u wan make I do?

Ma go rescue them or what grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by oodua1stson: 1:04pm On Feb 12, 2016
bllaster:

This was you comment;

oodua1stson:
ok. I agree with you. But why do Bini people have Yoruba names? Why don't Yoruba people have Bini names?

Remember Alexander the great conquered Egypt and till today there is a city in Egypt with the name Alexander

The English conquered our country that's why we have people here with English names.

If truly the Bini conquered Yoruba land, why don't we have their names? And why do they have our names?
I only asked if Bini truly conquered Yoruba land

I never said Yoruba conquered Bini. I'm not interested in that and it does not add anything to my life

I believe you can read you're only trying to twist it
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by bokohalal(m): 1:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
oodua1stson:
so wetin u wan make I do?

[quote author=bokohalal post=42857647]
I do not understand how your question is relevant to the discussion. Size is not a criteria. Isreal is in the midst of hostile Arab nations who are culturally and economically more powerful but we know who has the military spunk.
The Mongols conquered China!
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by oodua1stson: 1:08pm On Feb 12, 2016
bllaster:

This is baseless. First you people said its ile ibinu, now you are saying ado or oredo. Must you lie to prove your point.

Incase you dont know im not from benin neither am i yoruba.
But judgung from a neutral point of view the benin version sounds credible.

Which ever way you look at it yoruba is at a loss here.
Its either you accept that oduduwa was the banished benin prince or oduduwa came from mecca which means saudi arabia is ruling you people or oduduwa came from the sky which a myth and sounds foolish.
CHOOSE
so it's a lie that he descended from heaven but it's true that jesus who never existed ascended to heaven?

Keep fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by bllaster: 1:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
Super1Star:

Calm your hot nerves down.

Those were various names Benin people were calling their town before Oranmiyan named it Ile -Ibinu.

It can sound credible to you but a fallacy to us. We have asked questions we want them to deny a which they cannot.

They kept on hammering on their lost prince called Izoduwa and we said their prince never wandered into our territory and maybe he followed a mermaid to under the water.

Can they deny SOS was sent to Ife?

Can they deny that Oranmiyan was sent to Igodomigodo?

Can they deny that Oranmiyan impregnated their princess and the union produced Eweka?

Can they deny that Eweka went ahead to be the King and his dynasty is still standing till today?

Those are undeniable facts.

Benin people arent denying any these. From what i have gathered their only issue is oduduwa is the banished prince , the son of the last ogiso. But yorubas wont accept these because it means that benin monarch is supreme to any yoruba monarch.

I like that you dont through insult when arguing. Keep it up.
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by bokohalal(m): 1:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
bllaster:

This was you comment;

oodua1stson:
ok. I agree with you. But why do Bini people have Yoruba names? Why don't Yoruba people have Bini names?

Remember Alexander the great conquered Egypt and till today there is a city in Egypt with the name Alexander

The English conquered our country that's why we have people here with English names.

If truly the Bini conquered Yoruba land, why don't we have their names? And why do they have our names?

I answered and educated you up there.
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by bllaster: 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
oodua1stson:
so it's a lie that he descended from heaven but it's true that jesus who never existed ascended to heaven?

Keep fooling yourself

Dont bring Jesus into this. Lets face the matter at hand.
And you cant deny the fact that im right that either your kingdom is ruled by benin bloodline or ruled by saudi blood line. None of them are true yoruba sons. I know it hurts but you folk wont keep shut about this issue.

Just advice your kings to leave thing the way they are because i dont see the benin people accepting your own version of history.
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by oodua1stson: 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
[quote author=bokohalal post=42857919][/quote]guy , no kill me with history eh

The China that was defeated by the mongols is not the same China we are seeing today. Back then China was divided into many clans and tribes. This present day China can not and never be defeated by bush men like the mongols not even by the usa...

And about Israel, did Israel conquer any Arab country like you believed Bini conquered Yorubaland?

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by oodua1stson: 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
bokohalal:

lol Mr educator, I can't find your answer (s)

Cam you repost it please? I'm longing fro your knowledge grin grin
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by bllaster: 1:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
bokohalal:

we are on the same page. i only quoted oodua1stson because he keeps coming up with invalid logic
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by oodua1stson: 1:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
bllaster:

Dont bring Jesus into this. Lets face the matter at hand.
And you cant deny the fact that im right that either your kingdom are ruled by benin bloodline or ruled by saudi blood line. None of them are true yoruba sons. I know it hurts but you folk wont keep shut about this issue.

Just advice your kings to leave thing the way they are because i dont see the benin people accepting your own version of history.
I'll bring jesus to it cos he's fake.

I'll agree with you if agree with ne that jesus was a fake and a fraud
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by oodua1stson: 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2016
bllaster:

we are on the same page. i only quoted oodua1stson because he keeps coming up with invalid logic
lol

Make una no break on una head ooo lol
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by bllaster: 1:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
oodua1stson:
I'll bring jesus to it cos he's fake.

I'll agree with you if agree with ne that jesus was a fake and a fraud

Even ooni of ife wont agree to this.

Try something else.

I think benin has won the battle on this issue since you are begining to sound off point
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by rexbuton: 1:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
oodua1stson:
guy , no kill me with history eh

The China that was defeated by the mongols is not the same China we are seeing today. Back then China was divided into many clans and tribes. This present day China can not and never be defeated by bush men like the mongols not even by the usa...

And about Israel, did Israel conquer any Arab country like you believed Bini conquered Yorubaland?
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by Super1Star: 1:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
bllaster:

Benin people arent denying any these. From what i have gathered their only issue is oduduwa is the banished prince , the son of the last ogiso. But yorubas wont accept these because it means that benin monarch is supreme to any yoruba monarch.

I like that you dont through insult when arguing. Keep it up.

We know Oduduwa's father. They should look for their lost prince somewhere else.

Facts are meant to be indisputable. if their claim is just a mere conjecture it can NEVER stand as fact.

The facts we have presented to them are undeniable by them.

Once they have further undeniable fact that Izoduwa is Oduduwa, they should present it, rather than basing it on guess work and hypothesis that does not hold ground.

I am not that nice online. I am nice and civil when people are. So far people have been very matured in this discussion.

Thanks for the compliment.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by oodua1stson: 1:27pm On Feb 12, 2016
bllaster:

Even ooni of ife wont agree to this.

Try something else.

I think benin has won the battle on this issue since you are begining to sound off point
too bad I'm not a christian.

I'm not stoopid enough to serve a fake god
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by oodua1stson: 1:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
rexbuton:

you should read more often
thanks for the advice, sir.

But can give pointers?

It would be well appreciated
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by bllaster: 1:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
Super1Star:

We know Oduduwa's father. They should look for their lost prince somewhere else.

Facts are meant to be indisputable. if their claim is just a mere conjecture it can NEVER stand as fact.

The facts we have presented to them are undeniable by them.

Once they have further undeniable fact that Izoduwa is Oduduwa, they should present it, rather than basing it on guess work and hypothesis that does not hold ground.

I am not that nice online. I am nice and civil when people are. So far people have been very matured in this discussion.

Thanks for the compliment.

Why dont yoruba send a representative to the oba of benin palace and see if they can findout more information on oduduwa/izoduwa.
Also they should take a look at the ogiso dynasty artifacts and see if there is any similarity with that of the yoruba kingdom
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by bllaster: 1:38pm On Feb 12, 2016
oodua1stson:
too bad I'm not a christian.

I'm not stoopid enough to serve a fake god

Are you indirectly calling Ooni of ife stupid. Do you know he is a christian.
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by oodua1stson: 1:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
bllaster:

Are you indirectly calling Ooni of ife stupid. Do you know he is a christian.
he's not a christian, he's a hypocrite.

P.s I'm Yoruba. And it shouldn't blind me from seeing the fault in my people
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by bllaster: 1:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
oodua1stson:
he's not a christian, he's a hypocrite.

P.s I'm Yoruba. And it shouldn't blind me from seeing the fault in my people

Well there was a picture of him kneeling in church and he said God is the supreme king. And just recently he invited Pastor Adeboye to his palace. Hmmmm

He cant serve two masters at the same time

By the way who do u serve, orisha ?
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by Super1Star: 1:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
bllaster:

Why dont yoruba send a representative to the oba of benin palace and see if they can findout more information on oduduwa/izoduwa.
Also they should take a look at the ogiso dynasty artifacts and see if there is any similarity with that of the yoruba kingdom

Are you for real!!!!!!!
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by bllaster: 1:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
Super1Star:

Are you for real!!!!!!!

Its a friendly suggestion
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by Super1Star: 1:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
bllaster:

Its a friendly suggestion

the world is global and they can put it on TV or net for all and sundry to see.
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
[s]
tonychristopher:

You made a nice analysis but the juju part .....hmmmm
[/s]

This is the same 1pod youth that said Yorubas are obsessed with his people yet you have comments on almost every page grin grin

Do the math yourself
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by bllaster: 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2016
Super1Star:

the world is global and they can put it on TV or net for all and sundry to see.
The issue of foul play and tampering might come up if done on tv and net.

Let it be seen live.
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by Super1Star: 1:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
bllaster:

The issue of foul play and tampering might come up if done on tv and net.

Let it be seen live.

All those one nah long thing.

Just tell the Oba to come out in black and white that he is not from the House of Oduduwa.

That will put the matter to rest.

We dare him.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by Aladeokin1(m): 2:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
I wish to remind my Benin pple who did not agree with respected, recognize yoruba oba's,
mind you they still buried the head of Oba of Benin in Ile-Ife meaning (Ori Ade kii sun itaa) also Benin is part of kingship in Lagos
till date.
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by rexbuton: 2:04pm On Feb 12, 2016
Aladeokin1:
I wish to remind my Benin pple who did not agree with respected, recognize yoruba oba's,
mind you they still buried the head of Oba of Benin in Ile-Ife meaning (Ori Ade kii sun itaa) also Benin is part of kingship in Lagos
till date.
are u kidding me?
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by bllaster: 2:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
Super1Star:

All those one nah long thing.

Just tell the Oba to come out in black and white that he is not from the House of Oduduwa.

That will put the matter to rest.

We dare him.

Of course he wont do that simply because he knows oduduwa is the son of the last ogiso.

And mind you the way yoruba idolises oduduwa is quite different from how benin sees him.
To benin he is a banished prince, to yoruba he is their founder. Take note
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by LGDON: 2:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
Aladeokin1:
till date.
Shut up
Re: Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 by OBAGADAFFI: 2:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
AreaFada2:

Wrong. In fact the Ogiso Igodo, first ogiso of Igodomigodo (as Benin became called alongside the name Idu) was also called Oba-godo. He reigned from about 40BC to 16CE. Roman senate appointed Herod as King of Judaea in 40BC too.

There were 31 Ogisos from 40BC to 1100AD. Between 1100-1169 was a time of turmoil as no male heir. Ekaladerhan had been banished in this tumultuous era. A noble man, Evian and later his son, Ogiame ruled. Infact Ogiame prevented Oranmiyan entering the heart of Igodo/palace. In fact, it took Oba Ewedo (1260-1274) to defeat Ogiamien army/supporting chiefs in several battles to enter Benin and built the new palace. About 90 years later.

These battles are colourfully re-enacted and Ogiamie symbolically defeated before a new Oba can be allowed to enter Benin/Palace, at coronation. Last one was in 1979. History is alive in Benin, every old street, village, shrine, palace activity andnd all have a detailed history behind it.

Eweka was the First Oba Of benin, after the Ogiso dynasty .

And Eweka is the son of Oranmiyan a Yoruba man

Eweka I (1180–1246)
Uwuakhuahen (1246–1250)
Henmihen (1250–1260)
Ewedo (1260–1274)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! / Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos / 10 Cultural Taboos In Yorubaland! (things You Must Never Do)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.