Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,775 members, 7,798,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) (3003 Views)

6 Million Die From Smoking Globally Every Year Says WHO / 72 Die From Lassa Fever In Nigeria - CNN / South African Hospital Frustrated Effort To Save Calabar Electrocution Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) by noetic5: 5:38am On Feb 11, 2016
Three PHCN employees were yesterday electrocuted at Kogberegbe Street, Isolo, Lagos. One of them had earlier gone on the pole to work before he got electrocuted.

Two other employees were later invited to come and remove his body but sadly, they got electrocuted too. How unfortunate. More photos below.

Source: http://www.latestamebonaija.com/2016/02/3-phcn-employees-dies-from.html

lalasticlala, dominique

1 Share

Re: 3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) by noetic5: 5:38am On Feb 11, 2016
too bad for them
Re: 3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) by rollUP(m): 5:42am On Feb 11, 2016
RIP to the dead.

But d ppl wey gather Ontop their matter hold serious meeting
Re: 3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 5:47am On Feb 11, 2016
RIP... Still trying to imagine how he got electrocuted (a pair of hard glove, boot and overall was worn), the rescue team also got electrocuted and how did that happen. Well, I believe some things are beyond the physical eyes.
Re: 3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) by Khd95(m): 5:48am On Feb 11, 2016
That place must be d meeting ground for em community witchessad

rip
Re: 3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 11, 2016
Talk of occupational hazards.

Something must have gone wrong
Re: 3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) by nnachukz(m): 7:15am On Feb 11, 2016
Negligence may have contributed to this. Somebody working in the control room may have left his duty. The electrocuted staff may have also neglected to confirm that the circuit is dead before climbing in rush to safe a coworker. Even when you have confirmed, you still need to isolate the circuit and discharge it of any residue charge since it is a high tension line before working on it. During one safety orientation from my boss, he told me that when a Medical Doctor makes mistake, his patient dies for it. When a Lawyer makes mistake, his client goes to jail but when an electrical engineer makes mistakes on the process of carrying out his duty he pays with his life or a part of his body. Since that day, I don't play with my safety first before anything else.

1 Like

Re: 3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) by dominique(f): 8:22am On Feb 11, 2016
They should have at least shut down the power before going up the high tension wire. RIP to them

1 Like

Re: 3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) by brunofarad(m): 8:27am On Feb 11, 2016
Pathetic
Re: 3 PHCN Employees Die From Electrocution In Lagos (photos) by lalasticlala(m): 8:27am On Feb 11, 2016

(1)

Botched Breast Surgery: Lady Who Paid Dr. Anu #1.6m For Breast Surgery Cries Out / 10 Benefits Of Okra Juice For Men / Natural Remedies For Ovarian Cysts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.