Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:13 PM

Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons (28937 Views)

Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR / ''Jonathan's Government Bought Substandard Weapons'' - Alhaji Lai Mohammed / Ben Bruce Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Blaming Of GEJ For Fuel Scarcity (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 11, 2016
SunNewsOnline: The military has denied the claim by Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed that troops combating Boko Haram insurgents in the North-East were doing so with substandard weapons purchased by the Jonathan administration.

This is even as the authorities said hopes of rescuing the Chibok schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram about two years ago in Borno State have not dimmed. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo said last weekend that anyone still assuring the nation that the girls would be rescued was a liar.

Speaking on Africa Independent Television (AIT), Director of Defence Information, Brig.-Gen. Rabe Abubakar, dismissed reports that soldiers fighting Boko Haram were poorly equipped. “What I know is that we are using equipment which is okay for us. We have been achieving results. What I know is that we have equipment that can take us to where we are going…However, you cannot say you have everything you need for your operations. Even the developed nations’ Armed Forces lack one thing or the other,” Abubakar said.

Jonathan had insisted that President Muhammadu Buhari was fighting insurgents with the weapons his administration bought.

But Mohammed dismissed the claim in a statement, saying the successes recorded by the present government could not be attributed to the substandard weapons allegedly procured by Jonathan.

Meanwhile, Gen. Abubakar has also assured that efforts being made to rescue the abducted Chibok schoolgirls would not be in vain.

He said: “In the course of our operations, a lot of persons who hitherto we didn’t know, were rescued by the Armed Forces. So, fundamentally, what I’m saying is that inasmuch as our effort is still ongoing by the level of momentum we are putting in now, we are hopeful.

“I believe rescuing the Chibok girls isone of the targets that we set for ourselves. And I believe that with what we have done and what we are set to do, we will rescue any captive with the insurgents, not only the Chibok girls … We are extremely searching for not only the Chibok girls, but any other captive. It is just a matter of time,” he said.

Obasanjo, who was the guest speaker at the seventh Osun Interactive Session organised by the Staff Club of Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife last Friday, doubted the possibility of rescuing the abducted schoolgirls alive.

He said while some of the schoolgirls had been killed for refusing to convert to Islam, others had been trafficked.

“Today, if anybody tells you he will bring back the Chibok schoolgirls, it is a lie. Buhari has even said that he does not have any information about the Chibok girls, except those who escaped and some of them have been rehabilitated….Some of them were sold and maybe in 10, 20, 30 years, we will come back and we will hear some of their stories. But if anybody tells you he will bring back the Chibok girls, it is a lie,” Obasanjo said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/military-to-lai-mohammed-were-not-fighting-boko-haram-with-inferior-weapons/

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Pidggin(f): 6:20am On Feb 11, 2016
Lie lie Mhmd needs deliverance

193 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by BushidoBlue(m): 6:21am On Feb 11, 2016
[size=18pt]hmmmm...
so the breeze e av start to blow and the bum bum of the fowl don dey show[/size]..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

231 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by INTROVERT(f): 6:21am On Feb 11, 2016
Lies and propagandist everywhere

141 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by luvinhubby(m): 6:24am On Feb 11, 2016
I volunteer to conduct a 14 days deliverance prayers from the frog spirit of LYING in Lie Mohammed's life.

148 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by shameseun: 6:25am On Feb 11, 2016
I don't think APC needs opposition because they are doing a wonderful job in that regards.
A P Ceeee

182 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by knuckbuck(m): 6:28am On Feb 11, 2016
And the truth shall set thee free.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Rival(m): 6:29am On Feb 11, 2016
So they now have weapons bought by the previous administration and they are not substandard...it's well!

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by tayebest(m): 6:30am On Feb 11, 2016
Lai Muhammed is saying based on information at hand!

His SA on security matter should be prosecuted! Shikena

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Destined2win: 6:33am On Feb 11, 2016
My government will only give out true and reliable information

3 Likes

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by meccuno: 6:34am On Feb 11, 2016
Whatever political party one chooses is left to him or her,but what I detest is to use these same political parties to play politics with the lives of Nigerians. Its very in-humane and insensitive!! Wonder when these people would grow up and have sense!

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 11, 2016
I supported APC before they grab power,but with the looks of things,i dont want to say am regretting it.

Betwwen APC,and the devil,i dont know the lying liar.

I have been scammed.

215 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Nobody: 6:38am On Feb 11, 2016
Lai Mohammed should be apprehended on the charge of disseminating mendacious, calumniating and noxious information if Buhari claims to be fighting corruption!

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by greatiyk4u(m): 6:39am On Feb 11, 2016
Pidggin:
Haha lie lie Mhmd needs deliverance

I can see u never cared to read the content of the post
Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Khd95(m): 6:41am On Feb 11, 2016
In d course of trying to rescue chibok girls,about 5000 other abducted civilians hitherto unkwon to us ve been rescued.

Iam begining to think chibok was just a smoke screensad

thank u naija army,ure appreciated by manysmiley

as for u oga lai,i raise one nyash for u,dem suppose giv u 5star for ur lieing careergrin

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 11, 2016
Funny, but have the president approve any fund to buy weapon in fighting BH? So to me, the weapon the use in fighting bh was the one bought by Gudluck. But as for the minster of infor nd culture, @ his age, he still lie as a kid. I wonder how the whole world will be looking @ his ugly nature when ever he his lieing.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Pidggin(f): 6:44am On Feb 11, 2016
greatiyk4u:

I did, 100%

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 11, 2016
greatiyk4u:

you that read and studied it, what did you learn?

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 11, 2016
blueto:
Lai Mohammed should be apprehended for on the charge of dissemination mendacious, calumniating and noxious information if Buhari claims to be fighting corruption!
Dont mind him, he dnt know wot is doing

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 11, 2016
Yomieluv:
I supported APC before they grab power,but with the looks of things,i dont want to say am regretting it.

Betwwen APC,and the devil,i dont know the lying liar.

I have been scammed.
Lol... Dats y fayose refused to be scammed right from time.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by fitzmayowa: 6:49am On Feb 11, 2016
luvinhubby:
I volunteer to conduct a 14 deliverance prayers from the frog spirit of LYING in Lie Mohammed life.

cheesy grin cheesy

blueto:
Lai Mohammed should be apprehended for on the charge of dissemination mendacious, calumniating and noxious information if Buhari claims to be fighting corruption!

LMAO...cheesy grin cheesy

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by eleojo23: 6:52am On Feb 11, 2016
They have not bought any weapon since they assumed power yet they call the one bought by someone else substandard.
And on top of that, they claim they are winning the war.
How can you win the war with substandard weapons?
APC's hypocrisy is glaring.

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by NavierStokes(m): 6:53am On Feb 11, 2016
Mods, frontpage please.
Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by fitzmayowa: 6:55am On Feb 11, 2016
INTROVERT:
Lies and propagandist everywhere

I hope the military will not be tagged as IPOB/IPOD/Wailers/Ekpas by our beloved APC e warrior...

Oya APC e warriors over to you, "lying liar mohammed" has been exposed, lets see how you defend him...cheesy

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by fitzmayowa: 6:57am On Feb 11, 2016
shameseun:
I don't think APC needs opposition because they are doing a wonderful job in that regards.
A P Ceeee

The only ruling opposition party...cheesy grin cheesy

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by dtruth3(m): 6:58am On Feb 11, 2016
Lie Mohammed is a f.ool.

His children should be ashamed of him!

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by eleojo23: 7:01am On Feb 11, 2016
fitzmayowa:

The only ruling opposition party...cheesy grin cheesy
...in the world. Guinness book of records will soon locate them.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by emmalexabl(m): 7:11am On Feb 11, 2016
If at his old age.,liar Mohammed is lying like this..,

His lies are capable of causing tsunami., tornado and earthquake all of high magnitude!!!

Nigerians be warned!!

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by Luckylife(m): 7:14am On Feb 11, 2016
This man need to be arrested or removed b4 he use is unreasonable lie to destroy this government. Is he telling boko animals that military are using substandard weapons so that they will use that against they military. The more Annoying thing is that this lie Mohammed don't even know when he shot himself on the leg with his childish statement.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by BaddieKay(f): 7:15am On Feb 11, 2016
Lai Mohammed should be ashamed of himself.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by ckmayoca: 7:23am On Feb 11, 2016
Who takes him serious anymore?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons by id911(m): 7:30am On Feb 11, 2016
Liar Mohammed has a factory that fabricates and manufactures adulterated lies. How this kind of human being becomes the minister of the Federal Republic makes Nigeria a Comic nation

37 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Shehu Sani Invites Kanye West To Visit Slave Ports In Africa / Ken Nnamani's Wife, Jane Dies After Surgery / PDP Clears All 3 Senate Seats In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.