Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' (25059 Views)

N398m Votes For Computers In 2016 Budget Is Strange To Me – Lai Mohammed . / Lai Mohammed, Disowns Information Ministry’s N398m Votes For Computers / Presidency Votes N3.6bn For BMW Cars In Budget 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by BushidoBlue(m): 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
Lordave:
He is corrupt for turning a blind eye no the inflated figures in the Budget.

I know you believe he doesn't know about the anomalies in the Federal Annual Budget, but do you also believe he doesn't know N1.7 billion was allocated to Presidential feeding in the corrupt budget?

U get their time....
Meanwhile see as them dey outside office dey wait for wailers form....

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by CyberWolf: 1:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
dearpreye:

My guy there's NO justifiable reason for this corruption and shame. There's no excuse for this embarrassment.

He had to take 5 months to get his angels who are judged to be incorruptible and competent. We can now see how hard working and tidy they are.
That's it my brother.. Let's keep watching sha..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Nbote(m): 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
onatisi:

The damage is already done,Nigerians just have to wait till 2019 ,but this budget palava will bring to fore the intense power struggle currently going on within apc

Chaiii, zombies una see wetin una cause abi!!! We have dead ooo. I jus pray we don't end up like Zimbabwe.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by BushidoBlue(m): 1:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
dunkem21:

Ah, Bushido my man ..You wan report me to EFCC ..Just because I gave my bae one form?

Reconsider your stand again bearing in mind that EFCC doesn't release suspects on time ..

Oh you see...
I am an anti kwarapchion and pull op entairgreetee leader op za feofle...
My gwament shall not kwandone any porm op kwarapchion...
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Excellentmind: 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
I'm not surprised at this national embarrassment in the form of budget of corruption being debated upon at the national assembly.

A country where a professor of law is the head of economic management team in the midst of renowned economists and financial experts.

What else would one expect?
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by experience16: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
seunmsg:

You are very ignorant of the process involved in the preparation of the national budget. The budget office and the ministry of budget and national planning are both responsible for the final compilation and not the finance ministry. All the paddling and figure inflation took place at the budget office. If anybody is to be sacked for this national embarrassment, it should be the DG budget office and the Minister of Budget and National planning.
But the budget ought to have been vetted before presenting it to the National Assembly.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by biggiedol: 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
Why is everybody denying knowledge of the figures in the budgetary allocations in their various ministries? Because we don catch them, them dey form smart say them no know abi? Make una continue oooo, APC he who live in a glass house shouldn't throw stone ooo.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Ubenedictus(m): 1:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
Pidggin:
This never happened in the history of our democracy, what a shame!
this has always happened, just not known to d public. U tink inflating d budget started yesterday.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by BushidoBlue(m): 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
biggiedol:
Why is everybody denying knowledge of the figures in the budgetary allocations in their various ministries? Because we don catch them, them dey form smart say them no know abi? Make una continue oooo, APC he who live in a glass house shouldn't throw stone ooo.

Minister of health deny him own....
Lai deny him own...
Zombies deny the budget as a whole..
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by BushidoBlue(m): 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
Ubenedictus:
this has always happened, just not known to d public. U tink inflating d budget started yesterday.

Give instances don't come and cover up the current administration's incompetence
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by SOPIGO: 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
Are u saying a budget can scale through executive perusal without the finance ministry
seunmsg:

You are very ignorant of the process involved in the preparation of the national budget. The budget office and the ministry of budget and national planning are both responsible for the final compilation and not the finance ministry. All the paddling and figure inflation took place at the budget office. If anybody is to be sacked for this national embarrassment, it should be the DG budget office and the Minister of Budget and National planning.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by seunmsg(m): 1:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
experience16:

But the budget ought to have been vetted before presenting it to the National Assembly.

That is why the DG budget office should be sacked. It is the responsibility of the budget office to vet the budget estimate submitted by the MDA'S.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Mavrick2012: 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2016
seunmsg:
The president should immediately sack the DG budget office and the minister of Budget and national planning. They have both failed the president. The massive fraud in the budget was perpetrated in the budget office and the leadership should be made to pay for it.

Going forward, the president needs to appoint a very knowledgeable and trusted management or public accountant as his special assistant on budget. The SA budget and his team will help the president review the budget before it is presented to FEC for approval. If due diligence was carried out on this budget after it was compiled by the budget office, all this paddling, inflation and errors would have been detected and the president would have been spared of this national embarrassment.
look at how this young man is struggling hard to exonerate mr PMB.Am so sure if this had happened under GEJ,this young man would have saved himself all this long grammer and summarised with the word "clueless".

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by marv1: 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
They denied it because it has been tampered with. Is that too hard to understand?
rolchi:

In the past, the ministers know what is in their budget and they defend it. Here the ministers 'deny' their own budget! In other words, we are talking of Ministers denying budgets!
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Paperwhite(m): 2:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
Lordave:
So after 5 months of intensive deliberations on which saints to appoint, this is what PMD can come up with?
Can any zombie give me one reason I should give my full support to this corruption riddled government fighting corrupt individuals?

Our corrupt president, PMD, is a Criminal.
Thanks dear.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by bobby56(m): 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
seunmsg:
The president should immediately sack the DG budget office and the minister of Budget and national planning. They have both failed the president. The massive fraud in the budget was perpetrated in the budget office and the leadership should be made to pay for it.

Going forward, the president needs to appoint a very knowledgeable and trusted management or public accountant as his special assistant on budget. The SA budget and his team will help the president review the budget before it is presented to FEC for approval. If due diligence was carried out on this budget after it was compiled by the budget office, all this paddling, inflation and errors would have been detected and the president would have been spared of this national embarrassment.
What is this one saying? You think the President was not aware of those figures? Was he(PMB) DAFT, or BLIND that he did not see those figures before presenting it to the NASS? Do you even know the TEDIOUS work and procedures involved in the Appropriation Bill (BUDGET)? Those figures were DULY SCRUTINISED. What simply happened was a FRAUDULENT ATTEMPT to steal money, nothing more. Believe it or not, Buhari was aware of those manipulations even before he presented the budget. I can't go into details of what Budget preparation and presentation involved now because of space but forget it, BUHARI should have resigned or be IMPEACHED for presenting a FRAUDULENT Budget but because of the Nigerian Factor where we celebrate mediocrity. Moreover, most Senators and House of Rep. members are afraid of him(PMB) because they all have skeletons in their cupboards which they would not want him to use EFCC or DSS to uncover, that is why they decided to feed the Public thru the Media of the fraudulent figures inserted into the BUDGET.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sammyashol:
bolded i love that. But please i got a question for you, Were u aware of the allocated money for aso rock rent, which IBB who built the aso rock even condemn, if yes who will they pay the rent to? answer asap? A sign of non corrupt regime

Are you aware that I am totally against the budget as a whole. I believe it is riddled in corruption and I am not defending the budget in any way.

I am not only for the cancelling of the budget but I want a full probe and massive arrest in this.

I especially want the neck of Udo Udoma.

So what does your question have to do with my stance?

Any true supporter of the war against Corruption will not stand for the clear case of planned looting on this budget. I am happy we are in a period such a thing would not pass unlike before were people turned a blind eye to things like this.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by dunlie: 2:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
Kenai:

Meet Rose2014 and pick up your "Late Entry" Wailing Wailers form and scratch card.
Registration closes on 13th February, by midnight.

grin grin grin grin....... cheesy shocked
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
bobby56:
What is this one saying? You think the President was not aware of those figures? Was he(PMB) DAFT, or BLIND that he did not see those figures before presenting it to the NASS? Do you even know the TEDIOUS work and procedures involved in the Appropriation Bill (BUDGET)? Those figures were DULY SCRUTINISED. What simply happened was a FRAUDULENT ATTEMPT to steal money, nothing more. Believe it or not, Buhari was aware of those manipulations even before he presented the budget. I can't go into details of what Budget preparation and presentation involved now because of space but forget it, BUHARI should have resigned or be IMPEACHED for presenting a FRAUDULENT Budget but because of the Nigerian Factor where we celebrate mediocrity. Moreover, most Senators and House of Rep. members are afraid of him(PMB) because they all have skeletons in their cupboards which they would not want him to use EFCC or DSS to uncover, that is why they decided to feed the Public thru the Media of the fraudulent figures inserted into the BUDGET.

Honestly, you expect the President to go through over 1000 pages document and spot discrepancies? That is why he delegates duties.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by emerged01(m): 2:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
I'm seeing this from different angle. This is plain politics in display.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by onatisi(m): 2:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
Nbote:

Chaiii, zombies una see wetin una cause abi!!! We have dead ooo. I jus pray we don't end up like Zimbabwe.
Just wait,Nigerians never see anything ,this is just the beginning
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Olabestonic001(m): 2:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
ionsman:
Even though I am a staunch Buharist, I have to say this whole budget brouhaha is becoming shameful. ...As corrupt as Pdp's 16 years reign was, this fiasco never pervaded.

This is a total let down to this government. This issue shouldn't be handled with kid gloves.

This lends credence to the assertion that Buhari might have good thoughts towards this country,but there are people who will want to taint his name.

It did, we never knew it because it was chop-chop.
I remembered a frnd once told me about how during his intern in one of these govt parastatal, he said a repair of a faulty lock cost the parastatal N105,678 instead of the N1,500 dt it was actually repaired, dt was 2011.
These things have been going on since.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by BushidoBlue(m): 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am happy we are in a period such a thing would not pass unlike before were people turned a blind eye to things like this.

My problem with you is this lie.
Please give us a link to such a blind eye budget approval in d past which you refer to.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by BushidoBlue(m): 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
Olabestonic001:

It did, we never knew it because it was chop-chop.
I remembered a frnd once told me about how during his intern in one of these govt parastatal, he said a repair of a faulty lock cost the parastatal N105,678 instead of the N1,500 dt it was actually repaired, dt was 2011.
These things have been going on since.

See medicine after death...
Buhari's Government is incompetent if common budget dem no fit drop...
You dey here dey talk tortoise and yarinbo story.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
Some Nigerians are f00ls, they can't see the signs on the wall.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by BushidoBlue(m): 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2016
dunlie:

grin grin grin grin....... cheesy shocked

Please disregard any sale of Wailer's forms as forms sale closed on 5th February 2016...

Any form u see out there is pirated.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
BushidoBlue:

Please give us a link to such a blind eye budget approval in d past which you refer to.

[b]I posted the link before. I do not know who hid it and I do not know the person's agenda. We should not hide the truth. Please the link is below.

Posers over duplications in 2010, 2011 budgets .
Monday, 28 February 2011 00:00 By Ade Ogidan, Business Editor News - National

A COCKTAIL of unsavoury duplications of capital expenditures, totaling N3.1 billion may have been uncovered in this year’s appropriation bill, currently before the National Assembly.

The discovery noted certain approvals in the 2010 budget, which resurfaced again in the current year’s estimates, even at higher figures, giving credence to the lamentations over the high cost governance in Nigeria, especially the whopping amount expended in maintaining the upkeep of officials.Indeed, a N1.06 billion estimate for the construction of official quarters in this year’s appropriation bill, has raised eyebrows, on assessed impropriety of the budget.

Specifically, the assessed duplicated expenditure proposals include a N500 million for the extention of Vice-President’s lounge at Aguda House; N400 million for acquisition, upgrading and furnishing of Vice-President’s Guest House also at Aguda House; furnishing of number two citizens Guest House at Asokoro, Abuja at N100 million.

https://www.nairaland.com/613673/more-undeniable-proof-gej-government[/b]
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
BushidoBlue:

[size=14pt] Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012.[/size]

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) will be spending N75 million this year to replace old toilet doors, locks, repainting of fading walls and provision of directional sign posts to the Commission’s waiting room and canteen. This was even compounded by the fact that the budget was proposed after an allocation of N28 million was made for the same purpose in the budget of last year. Plus, in the 2011 budget, the Commission had proposed N60 million for automation and changing of all access doors of its head office building in Abuja.

https://www.nairaland.com/869965/ncc-budgets-spend-n75m-change
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
BushidoBlue:

[b][size=14pt]Aso Rock To Spend N18.4bn On Fuel, Lubricants, Telephone This Year[/size]

By Henry Umoru
ABUJA — THE Presidential Villa, otherwise known as Aso Rock, will spend about N18.36 billion this year for fuel and lubricants.

Also, N237,370,200 will be spent by the State House headquarters. Of this figure, the office of the President will spend N168.722 million for fuel and lubricants, while N68,647,329 will be spent on lubricants by the Vice President.

The State House is also expected to spend N75, 131,589 on plants and generators for both the headquarters and that of the Vice President, with the headquarters spending N54,329,366 while the Vice President will spend N20,802,589 on fuel for generators alone.

The Presidency in the budget for the year would spend N577.543 million to replace aged vehicles in the presidential fleet while N15, 215, 500 has been earmarked for maintenance of plants and generators, N137,827,111 for the maintenance of office/IT equipment, N382,317,777 for maintenance of motor vehicle/transport equipment and N122,466,733 for other maintenance services.

For the Vice President, maintenance of motor vehicle/transport equipment will gulp N83, 208,883; N145, 615,546 for maintenance of office building/residential quarters; N62,406,663 for the maintenance of office/IT equipment, N10,401,110 for maintenance of plants/generators and N20,802,221 for other maintenance services.

https://www.nairaland.com/859172/aso-rock-spend-n18.36bn-fuel[/b]
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by BushidoBlue(m): 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

[size=14pt] Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012.[/size]

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) will be spending N75 million this year to replace old toilet doors, locks, repainting of fading walls and provision of directional sign posts to the Commission’s waiting room and canteen. This was even compounded by the fact that the budget was proposed after an allocation of N28 million was made for the same purpose in the budget of last year. Plus, in the 2011 budget, the Commission had proposed N60 million for automation and changing of all access doors of its head office building in Abuja.

https://www.nairaland.com/869965/ncc-budgets-spend-n75m-change

Kudos, I appreciate your maturity.
Now when was the FOI bill signed?
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by Olabestonic001(m): 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
BushidoBlue:

See medicine after death...
Buhari's Government is incompetent if common budget dem no fit drop...
You dey here dey talk tortoise and yarinbo story.

Lolz.
Its a Civil Service wroth guy.
Thats d reason I never wanna work for those guys.
Do you know they aint pay them well but rather encouraged them to thrive in corruption?
A Level 16 earns like N200,000 in Lagos Civil Service while his corresponding colleague at a private company earns say N700K-N1M.
Most graduates in private coys earns as much as N250k while their counterpart at Fed. Civil service earns about N90K.
He will like to compete and corrupt means would be exploited to meet up with his friend.
Re: Lai Mohammed: 'N398m For Computers In Budget Of 2016 Is Strange To Me' by BushidoBlue(m): 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Lolz.
Its a Civil Service wroth guy.
Thats d reason I never wanna work for those guys.
Do you know they aint pay them well but rather encouraged them to thrive in corruption?
A Level 16 earns like N200,000 in Lagos Civil Service while his corresponding colleague at a private company earns say N700K-N1M.
Most graduates in private coys earns as much as N250k while their counterpart at Fed. Civil service earns about N90K.
He will like to compete and corrupt means would be exploited to meet up with his friend.

Ok I hear you, so who is responsible for this anomaly? Whoever it is has to be brought to book...

In the previous administration they would have screamed blue murder at GEJ...
So who do we call to answer for these now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ex-biafran Commander, Ogbonnaya Oji, Is Dead / Aisha Alhassan Aka Mama Taraba Storms Takum. The Home Town Of The Governor / Festus Marinho Is Dead: First NNPC MD Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.