Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? (4184 Views)

NIGERIA: A Nation Of Fools / Femi Fani-kayode: A Nation Of Perverts And paedophiles / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 12:42am On Nov 02, 2006
gotta sign out. will respond later.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 12:49am On Nov 02, 2006
peace
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Ndipe(m): 1:07am On Nov 02, 2006
Odeku, your choice of language is horrible!!!. Come, how old you be?
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 1:22am On Nov 02, 2006
Here we go again, another typical person that can not read. why don't you just leave and let the people that can read contribute. DAMN people just see one thing and start talking

PLEASE DO NOT CONTRIBUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO READ THE ARTICLE.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by modafoka: 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2006
O-B-J:

it's people like you who are idiots.
a nation with people like soyinka, achebe, okonji-iweala, rotimi williams, etc, a nation of ekwuemes, and of course my humble self, O-B-J, U think we are idiots? angry

the problem is the system. the system has been corrupted for decades. but my administration is doing my best.
period.
pls TOLD him grin
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by ajolayo(m): 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2006
Before you can generalise, you have to at leats have greater than 50% of the people of that community exhibiting that character. I mean b4 you can say Nigeria is a country of idiots, at least 60 million of the 120 million people have to be idiots or else if you cannot satisfy that condition, then the leaders of the country or the most visible and heard amongst them must be idiots.
In Nigeria's case both criteria are fulfilled so I strongly agree that Nigeria is a Nation of Idiots or how else can you summarize this country?
I just left the burial service for Dr Ogunleye, MBBS, FWACS a Consultant ENT surgeon in UCH Ibadan, he died in Sunday's plane crash. I am pained that air travel which is considered to be the safest means of transportation all over the world is the most dangerous here. I knew at least 4 people in that crash. promising young minds. Doctors.
Yet rather than tackle the issues what are we doing in my country? We are playing hamlet series in our State House of Asseblies, Impeaching A and reinstating B.
How else can we exhibit our idiocy?
Please tell me?
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2006
Interesting perception, please I hope that Monkey sister O-B-J read what you just stated, instead of reading between the line like a monkey brain. people are presenting logics and strategy all she can come up with are celebrities, some people need to go back to NURSERY SCHOOL
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by toshmann(m): 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2006
if i may contribute to this heated issue, i heard the pilot was asked by the airport officials n0ot to take off so soon yet he refused to listen. if this were to be true, is it not then the issue of followership that some contributors have made mention of?

obviously it is a shame that we've had air disasters in recent times to the point of national disgrace. and it is the responsibility of both the leadership and to an extent the followership. one thing I know is that the government is to an extent a reflection of the populace.

and please can we be more civilised on nairaland?

please
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2006
toshmann
I think you mis the road, wrong topic
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2006
You guys are misunderstanding this guy here he only asked a question and i think it is up to who ever want to to simply say yes or no it is not for you guys to start coming after him as if he wrote the article in the link he posted abbah make una free this guy jo.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by stranger12: 11:31pm On Nov 03, 2006
@ thread starter - whats the point of this thread? to prove that you (a nigerian) are foolish?

@ article writer - whatever sense he was trying to make was lost in the jungle of ambigous vocabulary.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by ToddTerry: 11:54pm On Nov 03, 2006
Yes.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 11:55pm On Nov 03, 2006
Hell to the NOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2006
stranger12 if you cant read a simple ABC and comprehend DE? then na your own fault be that, maybe you should go back a nd read the article again, digest it, and make sense out of the content. no lost love
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by ajolayo(m): 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2006
I really would not have said anything about this topic again cos there's a lot of mud going around. But I want to reply someone who said that he/she (not sure) heard that the pilot was told to stay on ground and not fly. Well that story has been proved to be false. It was just some officials trying to look for an excuse. According to one of the survivors in the crash, the pilot asked for and received permission to fly three times before taking off. And come to think of it, the plane crashed only about 5 minutes after taking off. That means that the plane hadn't probably achieved fulll altitude. How the heck would wether affect it at that altitude? I dont know much about aviation but I think its not plausible.
People are even suspecting foul play but thats that for that.
Now should I reply some very nauseating comments I have read on this post? No I'll leave that for now.

Odeku I like your reasoning.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by toshmann(m): 8:12pm On Nov 04, 2006
Odeku:

toshmann
I think you mis the road, wrong topic

grin grin grin

MY BRODA, i just come back from a pub, na so i jus jump into nairaland carry my brain wey don drink to make reply.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by ladykool(f): 11:13pm On Nov 04, 2006
@replies
u guys are killing me here with laughter grin grin

but i can go through all that crap called article or wateva u should ave summarise now! anyway this my opinon
aww that bad but nigeria is not a nation of idiots ehn so i am an idiot now!anyway i know am no idiot
it is the government in nigeria that are idiots!
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by ladykool(f): 11:20pm On Nov 04, 2006
oh i get wat u mean now!
Mr odeku Nigerian is not a nation of idiots simple
also Nigeria is not a kingdom of wasted opportunities undecided
satisfied
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Orikinla(m): 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2006
Odeku,

I have read it since last week.

Nigerians may be very gullible and ignorant.
But they are not idiots.

The EFCC should investigate the regime of IBB instead of waiting for whistle blowers to give them clues.

Even a mad man on the street in Nigeria knows that IBB stole billions of our dollars and I have the proof. And I have sent it to the EFCC.
You can read it all on http://www.blogwonga.com/blogwonga/read_article_preview/42
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 12:24am On Nov 05, 2006
Orikinla you and this your big gramatical self, you want blow my head away with that word? I go die o
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 8:10pm On Nov 05, 2006
lady kool tell them jare.

if they want to be known as idiots. feel free. but i aint no idiot angry
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 3:13am On Nov 06, 2006
all you people like my friend nilla that are saying you are not idiots, let be start by asking? how many times have you voted? do you vote for the names or the person with the best ideas?
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2006
Odeku:

all you people like my friend nilla that are saying you are not idiots, let be start by asking? how many times have you voted? do you vote for the names or the person with the best ideas?
I see your attempting to get on my nerves. What does voting have to do with being an idiot. Abi can we now vote online
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2006
nilla:

I see your attempting to get on my nerves. What does voting have to do with being an idiot. Abi can we now vote online

NADA< DO you understand the power of voting? if you've never voted then this article I guess does not apply to you, the caption and the 1st sentence in the article state WHY DO WE KEEP VOTING FOR BAD LEADERS

That is the point I am trying to make, so slow down abeg no one is calling anyone IDIOT the jurnalist was only trying to make a point
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2006
like voting makes a difference. Your now saying we have fair elections. Hmm why do i find that so hard to believe undecided.
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2006
Abeg voting does make a different in some way.  your vote is your power.  It might not be apparent in Nigeria cause of manipulation, but we still have to go and vote every time we get.  ABEG not discourage my people from voting oh, small time them go say nilla say voting no count
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2006
so did you vote for any of the people that has been in power
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 2:12pm On Nov 06, 2006
CHI this woman go kill me oh, na which one you dey self, that question no be invasion of privacy we dey call am for here in America?

see i am smart, if I tell you yes you go say then i be idiot right? grin
if i say no, then you go say why i start the thread? grin
so just like a politician that I plan to be,
I PLEAD THE 5th Amendment . No comment
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 2:16pm On Nov 06, 2006
Odeku:

CHI this woman go kill me oh, na which one you dey self, that question no be invasion of privacy we dey call am for here in America?

see i am smart, if I tell you yes you go say then i be idiot right? grin
if i say no, then you go say why i start the thread? grin
so just like a politician that I plan to be,
I PLEAD THE 5th Amendment . No comment

I see . rolls eyes
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 2:27pm On Nov 06, 2006
i already see where you coming from boo, damn my pc is acting up this morning
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by nilla(f): 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2006
Odeku:

i already see where you coming from boo, damn my pc is acting up this morning

what do you see
Re: Is Nigeria A Nation Of Idiots? by Odeku(m): 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2006
I already told you, I'm a politician, a fortune teller, you want rope me in to kill myself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Killer Manholes On Lagos Road Worry Motorists / Roles Of Cow In Government - An Analogy / SSS Burst Camp Of APC Militia, Recover Arms, Cash, And Arrest Former SSS Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.