Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,331 members, 7,780,867 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:15 AM

Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning (37193 Views)

Good Power Banks Within The Price Of 3K / Unboxing The Gionee M6 Mirror...just Got Mine / Airtel Users Get In Here I Just Got 2gb For 200 Valid For 14 Days See Prof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Modelling(f): 7:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
clemzo101:
Im sad not because of the money but because I never thought I could ever get defrauded and even if I will be defrauded, not in d manner this happened, because mehn it was just too cheap.

I have a bb and a Lumia fone, I usually subscribe my bb den hotspot my Lumia, but I got to a place with poor network and I needed to takia of alot of things online and I got to understand MTN network is good around here. So I resulted to buying data, I remember a friend bought data once from someone and I saved the number just incase.

So I checked my fone and luckily I saw it, I contacted the guy, he quickly sent me an image showing different packages on Whatsapp, so I opted for the one of 1500 for 2gig, I told him I cant send recharge dat he shld send his bank details but he gave me an excuse and said I can transfer so I immediately loaded my fone through mobile banking and sent, only for him to call apologizing dat he just discovered all dats left is a 4gig package dat will xpire in 60days, dat he's very sorry dat I shld pls kindly send anoda 1500, I got angry and still sent d 1500, since I will be staying here for a while and Mtn being d only good network, I still didn't get any data, it was wen I called again to challenge him dat d whole thing bcam clear dat its all scam when he started saying I shld send anoda 1500.

Im just sharing dis for everyone to beware of so called online data sellers. Most of Dem are fraudsters.

The fone number 08147631591, bbm pin 59093EBD.....He calls himself Mr Kay.

Beware

Bro sorry o. There're a whole lot of them even here on nairaland including all those that ask u 2 pay after delivery. I was also duped of #2500 by 07033646470 though he must pay it at least in ten-fold before 27/3/16.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by EnterPRO: 7:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
kennyman2000:

You can say that again! Octavo, Enterpro. God bless their hustle!

thanks bro.

sorry op.
[s]
6 pages already? is this on the homepage or something? [/s]
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
clemzo101:
Picture on his Whatsapp......
I pity the picture. Am sure he isn't the one on the pixs
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
Basildvalour:
In the first comment you quoted, didn't you see GLO there?

Stop being a pr1ck , the comment I quoted was not specifically on Glo
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
faites:

The scammer guy don dey frustrated. Its like Nairalanders have been disturbing him.

But guy, u funny wella. Ur on ur way to Calabar bah?

His voice was all shaky and he could not even hold a sound conversation. I'm on my way, should I stop?
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Basildvalour(m): 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
neoapocalypse:

Stop being a pr1ck , the comment I quoted was not specifically on Glo
Please check again and tell me the comment you quoted specifically
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by juliuscarter(m): 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
Same thing happened to me....i met a guy here on nairaland. He claim to be selling data, so o requested for 1.5gb for 1k..immediately i sent him the recharge card he stopped picking my calls and even blocked me on whatsapp..I have to check his number on Google that's when i realized that he has been posting same data advert in all the celebrities post.i wonder how many people will fall for this scam everyday..Here's his number incase 08038006216
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by opey112(m): 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
Harvigh:
But seriously these are the kinda idiots that give us data sellers bad image....how can u collect 3k from someone and refuse to credit d person's data balance? I will call d idiot and make sure I call down tunder to strike him dead unless he returns ur money. Please take heart @op, there are still a few good data sellers online, i know its hard to believe but there are still some good guys that sell data.
the question is how can you differentiate the good one from the bad ones?
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by opey112(m): 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
gidjah:
But I sure know we still have decent and truthfuldta resellers on this same amiable. Forum, ve been dealing wit some of dem for so lonf and even make referals lots of times.
give me one truthful one
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by doskie(m): 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
clemzo101:
Dats d dp on his bbm now
I know this girl very very well. She's not even aware someone is using her pics to do evil.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by bengems(m): 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
clemzo101:
Im sad not because of the money but because I never thought I could ever get defrauded and even if I will be defrauded, not in d manner this happened, because mehn it was just too cheap.

I have a bb and a Lumia fone, I usually subscribe my bb den hotspot my Lumia, but I got to a place with poor network and I needed to takia of alot of things online and I got to understand MTN network is good around here. So I resulted to buying data, I remember a friend bought data once from someone and I saved the number just incase.

So I checked my fone and luckily I saw it, I contacted the guy, he quickly sent me an image showing different packages on Whatsapp, so I opted for the one of 1500 for 2gig, I told him I cant send recharge dat he shld send his bank details but he gave me an excuse and said I can transfer so I immediately loaded my fone through mobile banking and sent, only for him to call apologizing dat he just discovered all dats left is a 4gig package dat will xpire in 60days, dat he's very sorry dat I shld pls kindly send anoda 1500, I got angry and still sent d 1500, since I will be staying here for a while and Mtn being d only good network, I still didn't get any data, it was wen I called again to challenge him dat d whole thing bcam clear dat its all scam when he started saying I shld send anoda 1500.

Im just sharing dis for everyone to beware of so called online data sellers. Most of Dem are fraudsters.

The fone number 08147631591, bbm pin 59093EBD.....He calls himself Mr Kay.

Beware

a lot of scammers out there to take advantage of poor Nigerians.

I have also been defrauded of N1,100 by one stupid id!ot that claims he's a data dealer. His number is 090399032302. he said his name is DRE. beware of him, he's a criminal.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by 600CC: 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
doskie:

I know this girl very very well. She's not even aware someone is using her pics to do evil.

Who is she please? She may identify the other two people in the pix or possibly identify the user in person through her own WhatsApp contacts... shocked
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by gabychuks(m): 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
as well as the man (scammer) of this picture advert... scammed me of 2500 today too.... I had bought data from a certain ARSENOLA data seller and it wat okay that is the reason I ventured into this today.

Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Housing(m): 9:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
The guy is a big cheat is name revealed by True Caller is Kola lg subscription. Just called him and he picked the call, immediately I told him somebody reported that he duped him he hanged up.
Op please take heart. Next time patronise your service provider.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
Dexema:
some guys still do this business with honesty for example Bizie here on NL is clean and delivers promptly. sorry OP sh*t happens, mr kay is only a cheap thief before 3days the 3k don finish then what?

Wow! Thanks for nominating me as one of the few honest. I am actually the most honest.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by faites(f): 9:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
theoptimist298:

His voice was all shaky and he could not even hold a sound conversation. I'm on my way, should I stop?

Nooooo, continu grin the guy must be thought a lesson
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2016
OP, I was in your shoe sometime last year. I saw the post here on Nairaland and I gave it a trial. I was duped of 2,500. The number and the name looks alike.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by gidjah(m): 9:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
Ok Sir, would do that . Two people will just do. Just reeturned from d office now.
opey112:
give me one truthful one
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by 2rez: 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
Op, worry not. Me feel ur pain. It's either u get ur doh or the data. I bet u will. Chatted him up on WA buh he aint said nothing. Message sent, delivered buh unread yet. One thing is certain, the schmuck can run buh cant hide from wrath of God. Am sure the messages he must have received from NLers is enough to give him night mares & morning woes. It's well @ Op. Sleep very well oh.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by gidjah(m): 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
Ok Sir, would do that . Two people will just do. Just reeturned from d office now.
opey112:
give me one truthful one
o o ok o!, I remember Obitex, very calm and mature with words too.then wole too.try them sir, nice guys
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
janefarms2015:
@op. Iv called d guy's number nd lashed out at him, I asked him to refund ur money in 24 hours, gv ur phone number let me call u so we track ds guy, next time buy data from ur service provider, avoid cheaper things

Gr8 guy!!! You called him? And like what did he sound like? did he try to deny? Just to add more to what we know about these evil minority. Thanx.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Demlad99(m): 10:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
So many thieves on here..

Here's another's number. Cheated his future days ago...
0813 038 8174

Sad part is that they spoil the biz for the genuine guys.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
arojuraye:
OP, I was in your shoe sometime last year. I saw the post here on Nairaland and I gave it a trial. I was duped of 2,500. The number and the name looks alike.

If only you reported it then, this case could have been prevented. Let's have that culture of reporting fraud even if it's 1 NGN that's involved. And if you see anyone who has been reported before advertising new things, immediately alert everyone with links to previous reports. We can have a scam-free NL and country if only everyone cooperates. NOTE: Scam serves no one's genuine interest including the scam artist himself.

2 Likes

Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
Demlad99:
So many thieves on here..

Here's another's number. Cheated his future days ago...
0813 038 8174

Sad part is that they spoil the biz for the genuine guys.

Details please. We need details about such things. FULL DETAILS...always.

1 Like

Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Demlad99(m): 10:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
Freelanswer:

Details please. We need details about such things. FULL DETAILS...always.

Sadly his number is the only info I have. I'll have to dig to get his moniker. I'll tag once I get it.

I had done business on nairaland twice before the incident, and both times the people delivered.
I was just unfortunate to meet an idiot.

Again his number is 0813 038 8174. He insisted on recharge cards only. #1k5.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
Mumu.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by SpaceWorld2013(m): 10:57pm On Feb 11, 2016
janefarms2015:
@op. Iv called d guy's number nd lashed out at him, I asked him to refund ur money in 24 hours, gv ur phone number let me call u so we track ds guy, next time buy data from ur service provider, avoid cheaper things
Pls, help track this fraudsters too. he defrauded me through same mean. I got his advert on Nairaland. i created a same thread on nairaland 3 days ago. the guy's number 07033646470
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by SpaceWorld2013(m): 11:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
Modelling:

Bro sorry o. There're a whole lot of them even here on nairaland including all those that ask u 2 pay after delivery. I was also duped of #2500 by 07033646470 though he must pay it at least in ten-fold before 27/3/16.
my sister, that guy defrauded me of 3k last week.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by donpata(m): 11:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
080-939-30143. This guy never disappoint. Been using him for abt half a year naw.

Another reliable one is DataHq. 0813 026 8295
though the former is cheaper than the latter. knew dataHQ frm the onset of data sharing.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
Demlad99:

Sadly his number is the only info I have. I'll have to dig to get his moniker. I'll tag once I get it.

I had done business on nairaland twice before the incident, and both times the people delivered.
I was just unfortunate to meet an idiot.

Again his number is 0813 038 8174. He insisted on recharge cards only. #1k5.
What's the product or service the guy was offering and where did he advertise it? If on NL, what's his username? On which section did he advertise? I'm sure you have such details. I'm telling you, you can even get your money back by being very generous with details. For instance, with the phone number you provided, I have discovered the guy has probably defrauded many on NL. Check this link: https://www.nairaland.com/2854385/scam-alert-nairalanders-please-beware

With more details from you, we can find out more.
Re: Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning by don4real18(m): 11:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
His name is Kola

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Evolution Of Phone Size In Nearest Future (picture) / TECNO Camon 11 Pro Unboxing, Specifications & First Impressions + Price (photos) / Solution To Certificate Not On SIM Or Phone For Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.