Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial (49857 Views)

Nigeria Set To Begin The Exportation Of Yam To Europe, U.S From June 29 / Food Exportation: My Experience With NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by 2sex(m): 6:48am On Feb 13, 2016
livingfarms:
Sir, pls try and continue to finish the lessons because it very informative and full of practical experience or is it possible to send it to my mail for better understanding. bizline20@gmail.com, thanks.
kai... Nigerians are very impatient beings. this is how you will hurry into it and hurry out.

OP, I know TradeKey.com and Alibaba.com is one of the forums to be talked about. But I need a few things and have been looking for it for years. I pray God lead you to help address this so I can kick off real good.

2 Likes

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by myvision(m): 7:02am On Feb 13, 2016
2sex:
kai... Nigerians are very impatient beings. this is how you will hurry into it and hurry out.

OP, I know TradeKey.com and Alibaba.com is one of the forums to be talked about. But I need a few things and have been looking for it for years. I pray God lead you to help address this so I can kick off real good.
Please, what are the things you needed?
As for the sites you mentioned above they are not part of my ove 375 foreign addresses of buyers.
I will love to know what and what you need.
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by Ibrochaka(m): 10:30am On Feb 13, 2016
Am loving this thread, ride on sir....at d end of d whole lesson, i wil suggest sumtin sir

1 Like

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by lynnfeb(f): 5:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
Please we are waiting.
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by myvision(m): 6:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
5 Golden Rules of Exportation – Part 3

If you have been following me on this blog you will know that I like stating Golden rules. You will remember I told you about the Golden rules of importation in our eCommerce series Click here if you miss our eCommerce series.

I am sorry, I might not be able to continue until I give you the golden rules. These rules are very important because they are going to help you minimize your risks if not totally eradicate them. These rule were very useful in our eCommerce series and am sure they will also help our exportation business.

Golden Rule For Exportation 1

Always Get Your Customers Before Anything

The truth is that there is no product that is not selling abroad. It all depends on the customers you can lay your hands on. Occasionally, some products might be in high demand than the other; that does not mean people don’t demand other product. It simply means the demand of one product is just higher than the other at that period in time. This may happen for many reasons.

Golden Rule For Exportation 2

Get The FULL Address of Your Buyer/Customer/Client

I hope you do you not forget you are the seller (Nigeria) while your customers are the buyers (other countries). Your customers might come from any country.

I hope you do not forget that you customer/buyers/clients might be an individual or a company. Be it an individual or a company; all that matters is their FULL address. oh, I forget to tell you that your customers FULL address is very important; without which no exportation.

Golden Rule For Exportation 3

Quality!!!

Make sure your product is up to standard. If peradventure you escape Nigeria standard; you will not escape them over there. Besides, don’t forget they can still return your goods are ask for refund. That is even if your are paid before sending the goods or products. So, watch the standard you are sending out. I indulge you; make sure what you promised is what yo send. I do not need to remind you that your integrity counts in this business.

Please, make sure you are not sending contraband goods. That simple? I know but I think it’s worth mentioning.

Golden Rule For Exportation 4

Proper Packaging and Branding

Don’t forget you are not the only one selling the same goods or product. That is why you have to make sure your products are well packed else you might be loosing your customers to other Nigerians.

More so, yo need to understand that you are sending your products outside the country where packaging is glorified – that is no news.

Another reason for proper packaging and branding is for customers continuous patronage. Your customers will know how to describe you to others and how to single you out in the market.

Golden Rule For Exportation 5

Do Not Package Your Products From Home

By this I mean you must take your products to where ever you want to export it before you start packaging. This is to  prevent people from sending contraband. An officer must be with you in your point of packaging, to witness you have no contraband in your package.

Even if you are sending one cup of garri; you are expected to take the garri to them (Nipost, FFEDEX, DHL e.t.c ) along side with your packaging material; in this case a branded nylon and package it in their presence.

These has been my guiding rules for all exportation and it as being profitable. I hope you will keep these rules.

Please, drop your comment below as you await my next post on exportation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by eddyj36(m): 7:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
Following

1 Like

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by morgan2p(m): 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
Still following
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by Viktorlaw(m): 7:56pm On Feb 13, 2016
hello house i am interested in palm oil business and exporting it also but i really dunno how to go about it ...please can anyone with experience assist me with necessary information ...thank you can contact me via email victorlaw33ng@gmail.com
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by aysax: 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
This golden rules are very important let the good work continue
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by myvision(m): 1:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
This tutorial is a do it yourself guide. Secondly, I want to make sure that everyone of us is safe and has the right information.

I know that most of the information out there are fake. I am not saying there are no right information but the truth is that; those who have right info don't want to share it. This is because they enjoy monopolising the information.

Aside from that, most of this people loves to extends their chain of business rather than giving you the right information. They wi rather want you to work for them indirectly. Forgetting that the export market is larger that Nigeria herself. By this, I mean if everybody is an exporter; we are still not enough to saturate the export market.

Rather than making you another exporter; they will tell you to bring your products and they will send it to one individual in germany and that individual we then sell your products to the real buyer. Even most of those acclaimed exporter don't have access to the real buyers contact.

Anyway, this is not my real subject for today.
Today, I shall be talking about the real chain of exportation.

Exportation follows three simple steps. Every export you have done or you will be doing will follow this three simple steps.

Step one:
You have to get the buyers! Please, you have to ignore what those acclaimed experts tell you here. This is because they are the ones who have the customers if actually they did and not you. So, the first thing is for you to get your customers.
There are two ways to this:
1. You will get a complete customers address. I will tell you more about this.
2. The customers will come to you. This is usually possible by recommendations or organic search (i.e locating your business if you have a website through Google).

Step 2
Source for the product. This is usually the second step. It is after you have spoken with your customer before you proceed to get the product. I will talk more on this later.

Step 3
You send the product to your customers after you agreed payment. I will advice do not send any goods on credit else you have some level of confidence or trust in the customers. In fact, I will advice you not to send your goods on credit. Please!!!
Please, leave comment or questions on our blog.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by myvision(m): 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
Please drop your questions. So that I can treat them in our next post.
Knowledge first!!!
Thanks
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by lynnfeb(f): 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
As a newbie, where and how can you source for buyers?

2 Likes

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by sabbath316(m): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
This is thread of the year, thumbs up

1 Like

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by klexycole(m): 1:00am On Feb 15, 2016
Myvision,I'm Following Your Explanations.I Must Commend You,You're Doing A Great Job Here.Really Looking Forward To Your Next Post.

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by Nobody: 3:08am On Feb 15, 2016
Following
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by ogene70: 5:10am On Feb 15, 2016
myvision:
5 Golden Rules of Exportation – Part 3

If you have been following me on this blog you will know that I like stating Golden rules. You will remember I told you about the Golden rules of importation in our eCommerce series Click here if you miss our eCommerce series.

I am sorry, I might not be able to continue until I give you the golden rules. These rules are very important because they are going to help you minimize your risks if not totally eradicate them. These rule were very useful in our eCommerce series and am sure they will also help our exportation business.

Golden Rule For Exportation 1

Always Get Your Customers Before Anything

The truth is that there is no product that is not selling abroad. It all depends on the customers you can lay your hands on. Occasionally, some products might be in high demand than the other; that does not mean people don’t demand other product. It simply means the demand of one product is just higher than the other at that period in time. This may happen for many reasons.

Golden Rule For Exportation 2

Get The FULL Address of Your Buyer/Customer/Client

I hope you do you not forget you are the seller (Nigeria) while your customers are the buyers (other countries). Your customers might come from any country.

I hope you do not forget that you customer/buyers/clients might be an individual or a company. Be it an individual or a company; all that matters is their FULL address. oh, I forget to tell you that your customers FULL address is very important; without which no exportation.

Golden Rule For Exportation 3

Quality!!!

Make sure your product is up to standard. If peradventure you escape Nigeria standard; you will not escape them over there. Besides, don’t forget they can still return your goods are ask for refund. That is even if your are paid before sending the goods or products. So, watch the standard you are sending out. I indulge you; make sure what you promised is what yo send. I do not need to remind you that your integrity counts in this business.

Please, make sure you are not sending contraband goods. That simple? I know but I think it’s worth mentioning.

Golden Rule For Exportation 4

Proper Packaging and Branding

Don’t forget you are not the only one selling the same goods or product. That is why you have to make sure your products are well packed else you might be loosing your customers to other Nigerians.

More so, yo need to understand that you are sending your products outside the country where packaging is glorified – that is no news.

Another reason for proper packaging and branding is for customers continuous patronage. Your customers will know how to describe you to others and how to single you out in the market.

Golden Rule For Exportation 5

Do Not Package Your Products From Home

By this I mean you must take your products to where ever you want to export it before you start packaging. This is to  prevent people from sending contraband. An officer must be with you in your point of packaging, to witness you have no contraband in your package.

Even if you are sending one cup of garri; you are expected to take the garri to them (Nipost, FFEDEX, DHL e.t.c ) along side with your packaging material; in this case a branded nylon and package it in their presence.

These has been my guiding rules for all exportation and it as being profitable. I hope you will keep these rules.

Please, drop your comment below as you await my next post on exportation.

op thanks for this insight, this is the way to go. However, you said we should always package at the point of sending our goods, does it mean that when sending 30 tonnes of an item we have to package at the port and not our warehouse ? I find this very confusing and impossible.
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by myvision(m): 8:46am On Feb 15, 2016
ogene70:

op thanks for this insight, this is the way to go. However, you said we should always package at the point of sending our goods, does it mean that when sending 30 tonnes of an item we have to package at the port and not our warehouse ? I find this very confusing and impossible.
Yes Sir!!! You must take it down to their place. If you have packaged it from your warehouse, then you must be willing to repackage it when you get there.

This is because an officer must witness the whole packaging process. In case anything happens the officer will be held responsible.

I hope this help.
Please next time leave your questions on our blog. It is faster for me to respond on our blog than nairaland.
Thanks again

1 Like

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by 2sex(m): 8:57am On Feb 15, 2016
myvision:

Please, what are the things you needed?
As for the sites you mentioned above they are not part of my ove 375 foreign addresses of buyers.
I will love to know what and what you need.
see eh bro, my uncle has big farm almost the size of a village and he is not a distant uncle cos I am more like his son.

I will like to earn good dollars doing this cos I even like to travel, moving around isn't a problem. Sometimes, like right now, I just change environment when I feel bored with a place and I travel.

So my problem is, what are the way to contact buyers? Strike a deal.

If we strike a deal, can they send me money before I send them the goods? Or how does the payment formalities work?

Can NIPOST /DHL/FEDEX handle the goods transportation?

In case where 40FT containers are needed for specific items like sesame or charcoal etc, can you explain all the paper works involved? What are the shipping companies involve, how do you pay them to ship the charcoal or sesame seeds, how do you collect your money from buyer?

I will ask more as they come. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by myvision(m): 9:22am On Feb 15, 2016
2sex:
see eh bro, my uncle has big farm almost the size of a village and he is not a distant uncle cos I am more like his son.

I will like to earn good dollars doing this cos I even like to travel, moving around isn't a problem. Sometimes, like right now, I just change environment when I feel bored with a place and I travel.

So my problem is, what are the way to contact buyers? Strike a deal.

If we strike a deal, can they send me money before I send them the goods? Or how does the payment formalities work?

Can NIPOST /DHL/FEDEX handle the goods transportation?

In case where 40FT containers are needed for specific items like sesame or charcoal etc, can you explain all the paper works involved? What are the shipping companies involve, how do you pay them to ship the charcoal or sesame seeds, how do you collect your money from buyer?

I will ask more as they come. Thanks
Sir,
All the above mentioned "NIPOST /DHL/FEDEX" can handle your goods.

Anyway, I do like to ask you some questions. Have you ever done any form of exportation before?
If yes, what is the quantity you ever did?
If No, why not try and send out something you can loose to a customers as a sample before embarking on a livelihood project like your brother's own.

However, I will love you to ask whatever question on our blog.

Please, always ask your questions on our blog as I might not have the time to always attend to question here on nairaland.

Get back to me if you have any other question.
Thanks
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by oyejohn: 2:17pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thanks for this great one...my question is this: How do I source for customers please assist bless u

2 Likes

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by Ibrochaka(m): 4:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
myvision:

Yes Sir!!! You must take it down to their place. If you have packaged it from your warehouse, then you must be willing to repackage it when you get there.

This is because an officer must witness the whole packaging process. In case anything happens the officer will be held responsible.

I hope this help.
Please next time leave your questions on our blog. It is faster for me to respond on our blog than nairaland.
Thanks again
every question, dey shud leave it on ur blog, if i may ask, wat is d essence of dis thread?

4 Likes

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by perfectsolution: 9:01pm On Feb 15, 2016
@myvision, you are doing a great job may God bless you

1 Like

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by akzamani(m): 8:24am On Feb 16, 2016
The Op has been banned.. So if there is any question to ask kindly forward it to his blog in order to ease the stress.. Thanks cheesy
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by Bookiemart01(f): 8:26am On Feb 16, 2016
What's the duration of the ban please?

akzamani:
The Op has been banned.. So if there is any question to ask kindly forward it to his blog in order to ease the stress.. Thanks cheesy
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by akzamani(m): 8:29am On Feb 16, 2016
Can I ask you for a favor?
Please. I want you to help me post on my thread on nairaland that my account has been banned till February 18th.
So, anyone who like to follow the thread should please continue on our blog
That is why I encourage people to leave their questions and comments on our blog.

That's what's the Op sent to me xterday..so let hook him up on his bolg site...#peaceOUT. :T
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by perfectsolution: 9:21am On Feb 17, 2016
Thanks bro,
I am following him on his blog now.

akzamani:
Can I ask you for a favor?
Please. I want you to help me post on my thread on nairaland that my account has been banned till February 18th.
So, anyone who like to follow the thread should please continue on our blog
That is why I encourage people to leave their questions and comments on our blog.

That's what's the Op sent to me xterday..so let hook him up on his bolg site...#peaceOUT. :T
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by myvision(m): 3:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
Thank God have been unbanned.
This is one of the reasons why I encouraged people to leave comments and questions on our blog.
However, I will try as much as possible to finish up this thread as many people are already taking actions.
Thanks for standing by!!!
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by myvision(m): 3:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
Exportation From Nigeria 101
There are so many things you should still consider before sending out your goods. The state and country of the buyer, means of exporting, the days involved and quantities demanded.

I am going to assume here that you know how to source for your products and you already have your customers. If par adventure you do not have any buyer or you do not know how to get one click here as I will be giving you my foreign buyers lists. Though the list is not going to be totally FREE but the price is ridiculous. The truth is that no genuine exporter will give you this for less than 20,000. That is if they still remain on top of the game!

Personally, I have added some other addresses to the list as the list is my arsenal. Aside from the genuine list of over 375 foreign buyers; the list also consists of the customers Mobile numbers, Skype ID, websites and email addresses of over 375 local markets, restaurants and wholesalers abroad. I will also give you one website where you can always get updated buyers order yourself. Click here NOW if you need the list.

Now that you have your goods and the buyer’s address and contact details you are good to go.

If you are a small or medium or large exporter; exporting from Nigeria. The cheapest means is sending your goods through NIPOST.

Yes, this is because I am going to teach you how your charges in NIPOST are even calculated so that you know how much you are paying for exporting your goods.

Once you have the buyer’s address and contact (click here if you don’t have yours). Just take your products to any NIPOST office and request that you want to send your products or goods to your customer’s address. They (NIPOST) will give you an officer immediately that will stand by you as you package your goods in his present to be sure your goods are not contraband. That is the major reason why you are advice never to package your products from home or warehouse even if you are exporting 20 tones.

After that your goods will be weighed and your bills calculated. Sometimes if you do not know how they came about this calculation you are likely to pay more than expected. This is Nigeria!!! That is why you need to know how your bills are calculated.

However, you do not need to worry as I am going to teach you how to calculated your bill yourself . I am not done, I will also teach you a trick to always pay less than you ought to pay – LEGITIMATELY. Not cutting corners it’s just a trick!!!

After that, they will issue a receipt and a tracking number that you will give to your customer to start tracking his or her goods. Sometimes the tracking number might take up to two days before working. While your goods get delivered in less than one weeks in most cases depending on the country anyway.

However, don’t forget to click here to get the contacts of over 375 genuine foreign buyers.

6 Shares

Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
nice one, am really interested, please move on
Re: How To Export From Nigeria - A Do It Yourself Exportation Tutorial by myvision(m): 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ibrochaka:
every question, dey shud leave it on ur blog, if i may ask, wat is d essence of dis thread?
Sir,
I suggest we should be leaving comments on our blog for the following reasons:
1. Nairaland can band anybody anytime; if that happens, it means the person will not be able to contribute any longer to this thread. Just like it happend to me recently.
2. Nairaland can also decide to delete the thread anytime; if that should happen. Where do you want us to start from? Everyones effort will go down the drain just like that.

I cherish this thread and I know everyone of those does the same and will not want our efforts wated for no reason.

Thanks for asking bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dangote Dancing As Davido Sings FIA At His Daughter's Wedding In Lagos Yesterday / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euros / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.