Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,825 members, 7,806,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) (22046 Views)

Davido & Chioma Featured In YABATECH Exam Questions / Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Dapromzy333(m): 5:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
Students of the Yaba College of Technology (Yabatech) in Lagos State have staged a protest over the death of one of their colleagues.

The students were unhappy with the attention given to a female student, Dazan Charity, who fell ill some days ago and died on Wednesday.

A friend of the deceased alleged that Charity was not attended to because they were unable to get 35,000 Naira requested by the medical attendants.

Another colleague of the victim, Ibraheem Emmanuel, said: “No drug is given by the school medical (you have to go and buy).

“You need to see the stress that was passed through. We were the ones that went to get injections, drugs, in fact drip that were given to Dazan Charity”.

The students maintained that they wanted the school hospital campus scrapped or the institution probed while the medical centre be fully equipped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCCAvkxvn8Y

Channels Television’s correspondent, Mary Alale-Yusuf, who visited the campus was unable to get through to the school authority, as the students had shut the institution’s main entrance.

She also reported that the deceased student was reported to have been buried at Atan cemetery in Lagos.

Charity, 27, was a final year student of Office Management Technology and was sitting for her final exams.

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/02/10/yabatech-students-protest-death-of-colleague/

2 Shares

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by INTROVERT(f): 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Dapromzy333(m): 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2016

1 Share

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Dapromzy333(m): 5:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
More

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Orezy5(m): 6:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
Eyah. RIP to her.. she was a very brilliant student
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Lattop(m): 6:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
R I P P Dear
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by MonologKen: 6:31pm On Feb 11, 2016
Those officials should be taken to yaba left

1 Like

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Fynestboi: 6:32pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hmmmmmm mm.
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by twheeny(f): 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2016
Infact nawa ooo.rip to the dead
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by adorablepepple(f): 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
University medical clinics are nothing to write home about this days, Hnmmmmm . May God console her parents. Rest in peace dear

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by habex005(m): 6:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
Wonders
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Lousymouth(m): 6:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
Those Medical staff needs to be Hanged upside down... They act as if Human Lives dont matter to them... speaking from experience.. BUT THE STUDENT WENT TOO FAR

1 Like

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by JefLonDon(m): 6:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
R.I.P to the Dead

what a waste this school is

only name na him dem get

no human feelings
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by eluquenson(m): 6:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
That's pathetic indeed, and these management people will never allow their children visit the school hospital when they know what havoc will befall them.
All the medical allocations to the school from federal government would have been embezzled when we don't have a responsible and credible government.

RIP to the late student
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Donbabajay12(m): 6:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
Remebered my days in YCT. That medical center is wack, all d staffs dere need to be sacked.................Aluta continua. ..RIP to d dead...
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by WASMOG(m): 6:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
Chase them out with stone and born the place down

Rip to her

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Olusanya333(m): 6:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
Jonathan self
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
End time school
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by stonecoldcafe: 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sad one.
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by meforyou1(m): 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
This rubbish happened to me. I was rushed to the emergency ward of one useless hospital in Garki abuja one night. The doctor on duty insisted we should pay 20k before they will attend to me. While all d hullabaloo was going on, I told my friend to pull out my wallet. Luckily, I had more than 20k on me. And they gave them and d useless doctor started acting all agile. And they stabilised me. And d fool started acting all friendly the following day.
And all the while I was thinking in my mind 'so that is how I would have died an abrupt useless death'

6 Likes

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by ITSaWRAPOUTFITS: 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sad one, UI now Yabatech
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by olatex25(m): 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
Rip
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by ify2016: 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
Cult activities have became something else in this school. From Rector down to students belong in one thing or the other. I pray that lives of innocent ones will not be wasted by these useless Administrators.
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by SHEEGO2015(m): 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Dawodkabeer(m): 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
Lol wonder never end
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Aregs(m): 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
RiP
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by pretydiva(f): 6:44pm On Feb 11, 2016
Most doctors n nurses hardly value human lives. Dis is so sad
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by howardriddle: 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
hmmmm. Most people will see this and pass on it. Until it happens to their family member.

Let's start lending ourselves against rubbish like this. Protest like hell.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by truthspeaks: 6:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
Pls explain hw they went to far? Cos d deceased z nt ur relative abi?
Lousymouth:
Those Medical staff needs to be Hanged upside down... They act as if Human Lives dont matter to them... speaking from experience.. BUT THE STUDENT WENT TOO FAR

5 Likes

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by natureem: 6:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
This led to serious traffic yesterday in Yaba
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by patfem(m): 6:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
RIP to d BEAUTIFUL DAMSEL !!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sorry State Of A Secondary School In Surulere (Photos) / How To Check Uniuyo Semester Results Online | / WAEC Releases Results Of 2019 MAY/JUNE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.