Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,033 members, 7,803,472 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome (50259 Views)

Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / The Plight Of Second Class Lower in Nigeria / First And Second Job Through Nairaland, Resume Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by LOSKYXANDER: 7:40am On Feb 13, 2016
Op, which IT course did you do in the US. Please answer
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 13, 2016
Samtobh:

Petrochemistry
. Why not study chemistry instead. If u ever wanted to study petroleum related course, petroleum engineering should hv been the best option.
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by SaiBuharii: 9:59am On Feb 13, 2016
Codyt:

But come who cares?

We always want to prove "I sabi pass". Who cares about what he did or did not do? Bad belle

It's not my fault u didn't finish with a good grade. Don't pour your frustration on me.
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Babacele: 10:06am On Feb 13, 2016
kroger:
I graduated with the least of grades "PASS" from one of the federal universities, not because i was a numskull but because i did not join the band wagon of the "sorters". More so i was financially inept which resulted in missing some exams, but after 4 years the war was over. With my kind of grade the future was deem for me with no hope. I took some computer programming courses to add to my CV i thought it would be of help. Alas four years on no single interview, i was roaming the streets without hope

God finally answered my call and i travel to the united states for greener pastures, i enrolled for a six months IT course and after completion i received my first phone interview from one of the telecom company and later on skype interview. after three days i was called for a one on one interview at their corporate office. It was straight forward with three interviewers, they asked about my skills and what i could do , which i told them with great confidence. A system was brought in and i was asked to configure bla bla bla which i did. To my amazement none asked a question pertaining my degree what they where hammering on was on the job.

After completion i was given the job instantly to resume the following Monday with a well furnished office and a very good pay. Right Now i am the manager of my team of which i developed a standard software for the company that remains number one.

My point is why is Nigeria hell bent on class of degree rather what the individual has to offer.There are lots of talented 3rd class and pass job seekers out there if given a chance will perform far better. I think this is also one of the bane that is making the Nigerian economy a far cry, it hurts seeing the lower class graduates not given a chance. I weep for Nigeria. I recently sent my resume to one of the Nigerian job boards just to test if i will be contacted but no call as usual maybe because of my lower degree grin . Nigeria has a very long way to go, even the oyibos that taught us the system isn't even using it its just so annoying.

For all those with a lower degree believe in yourself, a paper should not define your worth but rather look inward and surely you will conquer.

Pardon my English and thanks for reading

to hell with Nigerian paper qualifications. y can't a professor of elect elect here give electricity to his community but an MSC student say in India can? abegi

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
kroger:
I graduated with the least of grades "PASS" from one of the federal universities, not because i was a numskull but because i did not join the band wagon of the "sorters"

Absolute rubbish. You were lazy and refused to read your books and that is why you got a pass.

One thing you learn from a person who has a first class is that they are focused. They can set their mind to a task, work hard and achieve it. Anyone with a third class is one who could not follow a simple task through; go to school and read your book! Loads of students had it rough in school but still come out tops. In fact, I am yet to see a first class graduate from a very well-to-do family

The competition is tough and you should not make noise that you should be selected above others who have worked hard. I'm happy you realized how lazy you were and decided to get serious and PASS other courses you attended.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Bollove: 8:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
Samtobh:

Brother, thanks your opinion.
But referring to me as a disappointment, hmmm, ............thanks all the way.
ma bro I was pissed.
I had 2'2 because I was playful in Uni. it was in 300L I realised how much I f-up. Immediately after NYSC I got 4 job offers including being retained where I served as well as a foremost bank. All because I had a very Professional mouth and attitude.....

Imagine I have First class, I would have fly higher .... The next thing for me now is to change my class of degree cuz I am still young to allow it to hold me back for the rest of ma life.

I felt so pissed when a FC doesn't get job, instead of u to intimidate HR, you are now the one that is getting intimidated by them. How the mighty has fallen.

since you have Ur FC already, many opportunity lies out there for you when you are ready to grab them....

Contact Jarus(A Nairalander), he is a career manager, he can help u articulate your skills and make u ready for out there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Codyt(m): 1:19am On Feb 14, 2016
SaiBuharii:

It's not my fault u didn't finish with a good grade. Don't pour your frustration on me.
Good grade you say? Skills over good grade. *long hiss*

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Samtobh(m): 2:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
God is good

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Bollove: 4:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
Samtobh:

Intimidate HR? I can't even remember how many months I've roamed the streets of Lagos and Ibadan.The HR you come in contact with is the one you can intimidate.Luck might have been on your side bro, its easier to crucify me as if I don't have the never-say-die spirit.Situations like this make it seem as if someone doesn't know anything at all.Sometimes, those HRs might even be scared of the class of degree, hence, they just strike out one's chances. I hope someday, luck shines on me and God favours me too.
I once attended an interview, the HR personnel interviewing me got ''intimidated'' and concluded I was too big for the job(even after I pretended I didn't know a lot of their stuff), another one said the firm can't pay someone like me, and so on and so forth
I understand u bro. I ain't crucifying u . I was just pissed. Prayer opens many doors of opportunity. As I posted earlier, contact Jarus for some mentorship also try and go for Ur masters degree, at all at all, many schools (University) are out there looking for u.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by seangy4konji: 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
God save you.

You for be confirmed yahoo plus boy now and if maga no pay?

By the side army robber.
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Babydeedee: 11:27am On Feb 16, 2016
LesbianBoy:
Op that company needs to be probed by buhari. I mean, how can you that came out with PASS be enjoying benefits meant for those with a better result? Nonsense! lipsrsealed
Smh. When the op sets up his own firm here,.please just apply for the post of a Janitor

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by 2sex(m): 7:10pm On Feb 16, 2016
SaiBuharii:

Dude, the world has moved passed graduating with good grade etc. A friend who hasn't even finished school just acquired Acura Mdx2008 for 4.5Million. Guy go sidon abeg and he isn't into anything illegal before your mind start thinking yahoo yahoo or cocaine.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by SaiBuharii: 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
2sex:
Dude, the world has moved passed graduating with good grade etc. A friend who hasn't even finished school just acquired Acura Mdx2008 for 4.5Million. Guy go sidon abeg and he isn't into anything illegal before your mind start thinking yahoo yahoo or cocaine.

Buy your own first with your bad grade.
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by 2sex(m): 11:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
SaiBuharii:

Buy your own first with your bad grade.
I wanted to reply you but felt it's best to just let you be.
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by maasoap(m): 11:20am On Feb 17, 2016
Akanbiedu:
OP,

There may be a point you are missing. Unlike in the USA, the jobs here are few.

Now put yourself in the shoes of recruiters, if you advertise for a position and you get applications from 10, 000, what would you do? Would you give all of them a chance to show what they can do?

Your class of degree is a problem but thats not all, it is more important for you to understand that the ratio of job-seekers to available jobs is a very big one.
May God bless you.
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by maasoap(m): 11:23am On Feb 17, 2016
og2711:

Absolute rubbish. You were lazy and refused to read your books and that is why you got a pass.

One thing you learn from a person who has a first class is that they are focused. They can set their mind to a task, work hard and achieve it. Anyone with a third class is one who could not follow a simple task through; go to school and read your book! Loads of students had it rough in school but still come out tops. In fact, I am yet to see a first class graduate from a very well-to-do family

The competition is tough and you should not make noise that you should be selected above others who have worked hard. I'm happy you realized how lazy you were and decided to get serious and PASS other courses you attended.

Hmm, I love this piece. Precise, short, direct and blunt.
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by kroger: 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
Babydeedee:

Smh. When the op sets up his own firm here,.please just apply for the post of a Janitor
I will remember you in my "Kingdom"..
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by arena07: 5:41am On Nov 08, 2017
kroger:

I will remember you in my "Kingdom"..
gud morning bro e-mail me through this joshuaokupevi5000@gmail. com

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Gemc3(f): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2017
Do you put your grade on your CV?
If your CV is well constructed, you will get some calls

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by kroger: 2:30pm On Nov 08, 2017
Gemc3:
Do you put your grade on your CV?

If your CV is well constructed, you will get some calls

At first yes the later i had to switch, but it was still same old story..
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Gemc3(f): 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2017
kroger:

At first yes the later i had to switch, but it was still same old story..

Sorry about your experience. I'm glad that things have turned around for you.
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by kroger: 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
Gemc3:

Sorry about your experience. I'm glad that things have turned around for you.

O yeah, thank you very much sir..
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Gemc3(f): 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2017
kroger:

O yeah, thank you very much sir..
You're welcome.
I'm female o. Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by kroger: 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2017
Gemc3:

You're welcome.

I'm female o. Lol

Apologies madam..
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by jimnozi: 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
EARN EXTRA INCOME WITH WEMA BANK THROUGH YOUR PHONE OR LAPTOP

Refer your friends and Family to OPEN A WEMA BANK DIGITAL ACCOUNT
MAKE UNTO 10000 per WEEK AND 50K pER MONTH oR mORE THAN

cLICK tHIS online.alat.ng/#/signup

oR dOWNLOAD ALAT ON PLAYSOTRE

MAKE SURE YOU INSERT THIS REFERRAL CODE V5M848 YOURS WILL BE GIVING AFTER REGISTRATION

FOLLOW THE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE

AFTER YOUR FINISH WITH REGISTRATION
CLICK ON MAKE DEPOSIT AND DEPOSIT AT LEAST 500 NAIRA

CLICK ON YOUR PROFILE AND FILL ALL REQUIREMENT UNTIL ALL THE RED TURNS GREEN MARK

BENEFITS OF OWNING ALAT ACCOUNT:

REFERRAL CODE V5M848

Fund My Account = from WEMA Bank account (offline or online) or from any other local or foreign bank card account (online)

Accounts = GET TRANSACTION HISTORY, ACCOUNT DETAILS, E-STATEMENT, SET YOUR TRANSACTION LIMIT
Transfers = to all bank accounts in Nigeria and abroad
Airtime & Bill Payment = Buy airtime (all networks, pay bills – DSTV, STARTIMES, GOTV, ETC
Goals = SAVE money daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, as you desire and get paid 10% interest per anum (3 times greater than what is obtainable in the industry
Cards = request for your FREE debit card and get it delivered to your doorsteps within days = REQUEST NEW CARD, CARD CONTROL, SET CARD PIN, HOTLIST CARD
Settings
Talk To Us
.Opportunity to market for WEMA Bank and get paid
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Konquest: 2:09am On Nov 18, 2017
kroger:
I graduated with the least of grades "PASS" from one of the federal universities, not because i was a numskull but because i did not join the band wagon of the "sorters". More so i was financially inept which resulted in missing some exams, but after 4 years the war was over. With my kind of grade the future was deem for me with no hope. I took some computer programming courses to add to my CV i thought it would be of help. Alas four years on no single interview, i was roaming the streets without hope

God finally answered my call and i travel to the united states for greener pastures, i enrolled for a six months IT course and after completion i received my first phone interview from one of the telecom company and later on skype interview. after three days i was called for a one on one interview at their corporate office. It was straight forward with three interviewers, they asked about my skills and what i could do , which i told them with great confidence. A system was brought in and i was asked to configure bla bla bla which i did. To my amazement none asked a question pertaining my degree what they where hammering on was on the job.

After completion i was given the job instantly to resume the following Monday with a well furnished office and a very good pay. Right Now i am the manager of my team of which i developed a standard software for the company that remains number one.

My point is why is Nigeria hell bent on class of degree rather what the individual has to offer.There are lots of talented 3rd class and pass job seekers out there if given a chance will perform far better. I think this is also one of the bane that is making the Nigerian economy a far cry, it hurts seeing the lower class graduates not given a chance. I weep for Nigeria. I recently sent my resume to one of the Nigerian job boards just to test if i will be contacted but no call as usual maybe because of my lower degree grin . Nigeria has a very long way to go, even the oyinbos that taught us the system isn't even using it its just so annoying.

For all those with a lower degree believe in yourself, a paper should not define your worth but rather look inward and surely you will conquer.

^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
Brilliant post!

In the 21st century, some career paths
will be in demand more than others especially
in the IT field and nanotechnology for
instance. Yet some people still do not
realise that we have reached a full cycle
job-wise with the disruptive technologies
that are evolving as a result of renewable
energies and climate change.

Take charge!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by lordally(m): 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2018
kroger:

My point is why is Nigeria hell bent on class of degree rather what the individual has to offer.There are lots of talented 3rd class and pass job seekers out there if given a chance will perform far better. I think this is also one of the bane that is making the Nigerian economy a far cry, it hurts seeing the lower class graduates not given a chance. I weep for Nigeria. I recently sent my resume to one of the Nigerian job boards just to test if i will be contacted but no call as usual maybe because of my lower degree grin . Nigeria has a very long way to go, even the oyibos that taught us the system isn't even using it its just so annoying.

I just cried!!! God is wonderful!!!

BRO PLEASE MENTOR ME!!!
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by lordally(m): 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2018
kroger:

My talent would have been wasted like many others, yeah i am planning on starting up an IT company in Nigeria soonest and solely for talented nairalanders and not looking at degree.

Boss have you started the IT training??
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by Samtobh(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
Our client, owners of woobstores.com and Woobs Resources Limited, is recruiting for the following roles:

1. Customer Service Officer (1 year experience and above)

As the CSO, you will be in charge of all interactions with clients as the first point of contact. Also, you will take orders from our e-commerce platform and process them while interacting with the customers.

Qualification required: BSc./HND
Skills Required: Adequate knowledge of MS office suite, IT savvy, quick to learn backend order processing (experience in this will be an advantage)

2. Head of Accounts
As Head of Accounts, you will take charge of the accounts of all our outfits , balance books, and prepare report periodically for Management's review while working with the Financial Controller.
Qualification required: BSc./HND, Must be Chartered with 2-3 years working experience
Skills Required: Adequate knowledge of MS office suite, IT savvy, quick to learn backend order processing (experience in this will be an advantage)
Salary is very competitive.

3. Web Developer/Digital Marketer
We need a web developer with experience in maintaining different websites and updating them with relevant contents. The successful candidate will be in charge of 4-5 different websites and adequate experience in using Wordpress, HTML, PHP, CSS and other programming languages is key. If you are applying for this, you need to send in previous projects worked on alongside your application. You will also be required to carry out digital marketing activities on behalf of the firm.
Qualification required: BSc./HND, with 1-2 years verifiable working experience

4. IT officer

As an IT officer, you will be responsible for hardware repairs and maintenance, Networking, servicing of printers, cabling and resolving several issues for our system users in the firm.Also, you will help out with graphics designs.

Qualification required: BSc./HND, 2-3 years working experience, CCNA certification will be a plus.

Work Location: Oshodi, Lagos

If you are qualified and interested, Kindly send your CV to samtobi09@gmail.com
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by lordally(m): 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2019
Kroger Baba...please make this thread no die ooo
Re: Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome by kroger: 11:06pm On Jan 23, 2019
lordally:
Kroger Baba...please make this thread no die ooo

Boss its been a while.. The thread is open to any question that may arise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng / Ministry Gives N-power Recruitment Slots To Lawmakers, Politicians / Shortlisted Candidates For EFCC Graduate Cadre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.