Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,357 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:07 PM

Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know (27299 Views)

9 Reasons Why The ATM Swallows An ATM Card. / Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad / Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by iamjayboss(m): 9:27am On Feb 12, 2016
Today on my blog, I will be sharing with you top 7 safety tips on how you can use your Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card for online and offline transactions.

Follow me as I lead you.

1. Keep your PIN Secret: DO NOT write your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on paper or give it out to anyone, including friends and family, and do not reveal it to anyone over the phone. Avoid using numbers that are easily identified (birth date, phone number, etc.) with your personal identity. Report lost or stolen cards immediately to your bank.

2. Review your card account frequently: If you notice any irregularities e.g. charges on items you didn’t order, cash withdrawals you didn’t make, etc. Put a call to your bank immediately to report this.

3. Always check your email for transaction updates: The email notification service is free and compulsory for the safety of your account. To enroll for this service visit your bank branch near you.

4. Hotlist immediately: If your card is retracted at an ATM, be sure to hotlist your card while you are still at the ATM. To hotlist your card, kindly send ‘HOTLIST<NUBAN>’ to 08076665555 for Gtbank.

5. Keep your eye on your card: Ensure your card is in your clear view whenever an attendant at a shop wants to swipe your card. DO NOT allow the attendant take your card into an inner room or enter your PIN on your behalf.

6. Free Trials are not ‘free’. If you initiate a trial subscription with a merchant, make sure you go back to the website to cancel your account before your free trial expires. Otherwise, you will be charged by them in subsequent months.

7. Carefully Read the Terms and Conditions when making reservations as some reservations are non-refundable. Make sure you cancel your reservation on or before the due date to prevent no-show charges if you do not show up.

If you follow this tips very well, you won't have issues using your ATM card and the complains to the banks will stop.

I remember how some people do say, I will never use the ATM because banks do deduct one's money through it. In my subsequent post, I will write the customer care lines of all the banks in Nigeria so that you can call your bank once you have an issue.

I hope you learned from my post, please share it with your friends, family and colleagues at work.

And remember to subscribe to my blog to receive my updates straight in your inbox once I post.

http://www.jacobakpene.com/2016/02/top-7-atm-card-safety-tips-you-should.html

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by iamjayboss(m): 9:28am On Feb 12, 2016
smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by Chromedome(m): 2:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
Nice info. @iamjayboss. Very educative, especially the " HOTLIST" short code. I will be looking forward to your next post. Remain blessed.

3 Likes

Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by jaybossYBNL(m): 7:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Thank you very much for this post, lalasticlala what do you think about this ? its FP worthy
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
Okay
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by Sunofgod(m): 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
Rule 8 - Never allow you wife to know your pin, number of cards, and true balance.

11 Likes

Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by klassykute(m): 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
tell me something
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by PeinDanzo(m): 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
End time atm card safety tips
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by tola9ja: 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
grin
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by ikbnice(m): 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
no 8- Don't turn it to your keyholder

1 Like

Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by ladyF(f): 7:35pm On Feb 16, 2016
Educating article but I don't need this. Money no even dey the account hehehe... cheesy #TeamTenNairaAccountBalance

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by adedam007(m): 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
T
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by twoMcfemad: 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nice Info, though copied from GtBank Email Newsletters.

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
Always look at that hole before you slot in your card. Card readers make all these precautions shii...
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by Smooyis(m): 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nice
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by Futbolpredikts: 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2016

Well I've converted all my money to dollars as at wen it was 305: 1 dollar.. Hoping to reconvert when it reaches 1000:1 dollar

1 Like

Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by Smooyis(m): 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nice one
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by hobermener: 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
I can relate to number 6
Been dealt with several times cry
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by olujastro: 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
i recently heard that if one types his pin backwards e.g typing pin 1090 as 0901, assuming one is forced to an ATM by robbers to withdraw money, the card will block automatically. True?

1 Like

Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by kennyman2000(m): 7:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
Thanks Op.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by ikbnice(m): 7:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
twoMcfemad:
Nice Info, though copied from GtBank Email Newsletters.
u fit spoil market.

3 Likes

Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by theophorus(m): 7:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
I don hear...

Thanks.
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by orlarbissy(f): 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
Thanks for the information @ OP
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by kennyman2000(m): 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
olujastro:
i recently heard that if one types his pin backwards e.g typing pin 1090 as 0901, assuming one is forced to an ATM by robbers to withdraw money, the card will block automatically. True?

Thats in the USA. Not in Nigeria yet.
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by Honour91(m): 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
G tip number 8 funny die hohoho
cheesy
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by johntaiwo123(m): 7:40pm On Feb 16, 2016
k
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by johntaiwo123(m): 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
Thanks!
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by timilehing(m): 7:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by skedemi(m): 7:43pm On Feb 16, 2016
this one wey mad men they carry ATM upandan like say na food...
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by ikhibones(m): 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
Na wa o..all dis tips for ATM card.. Person no com get oda work 2 do again abi wetin..
Re: Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know by Segadem(m): 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. / Azikel Refinery To Commence Operations In 2018 / CBN’s dollar restrictions killing our businesses, Nigerians cry out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.