Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:57 PM

A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically (1519 Views)

Biafra Has Not Been Defeated – Wole Soyinka / Dino Melaye Reacts To Claim That He Didn't Graduate From ABU Zaria By SR. / Saraki Is Technically Out Of Office! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by koboko69: 1:28pm On Feb 12, 2016
Due to the increasing attacks on Mr President for claiming and insisting Boko Haram have been technically defeated, I decided to create this thread in line with Mr Presidents view or assertions on the Boko Haram war.

Firstly; What does "technically" mean when used in a sentense as an adverb.

According to Cambridge Dictionary

tech‧ni‧cally: according to an ​exact ​understanding of ​rules, ​facts, etc.:

Example as used in cambridge dictionary:

Technically, the country's ​economic ​problems are over, but ​recovery will be ​slow.

The fact here is: Economic problems are over; but still expect econimiic hardship.

My Example: Technically ipob members are mostly youths, but they still behave like children.

Fact here is ipob members are mostly youths, despite being youths they behave like children.

From Long man Dictionary

tech‧ni‧cally: according to the exact details of a rule or law

E.g Technically, the two countries are still at war, as a peace treaty was never signed.

This means even though their is peace, the countries are still at war because no treaty was signed.

Back to president Buhari's assertion:

Boko Haram have been technically defeated, While they were firmly holding 14 out of 774 local governments when we came in, they are not holding any local government now. What they have resorted to is using improvised explosive devices to cause maximum casualties on soft targets

FACT 1: Bokoharam holds no local government in Nigeria

FACT 2: They have resorted in attacking soft targets and using IEDs.

Firstly take a look at what soft target means:

The Oxford Dictionaries Online defined "soft target" as "a person or thing that is relatively unprotected or vulnerable, especially to military or terrorist attack.

Typical "soft targets" are civilian sites where people congregate in large numbers; examples include national monuments, hospitals, schools, sporting arenas, hotels, cultural centers, movie theaters, cafés and restaurants, places of worship, nightclubs, shopping centers, and transportation sites (such as railway stations, buses, rail systems, and ferries).

This as been the modus operandi of Bokoharam in the last few months as they are can no longer attack Hard Targets

Examples of hard targets include airports, government buildings, military installations, foreign embassies, and nuclear power plants. They are called hard targets because they typically restrict access to the public and have "sufficient security countermeasures in place to provide a high degree of protection against an attack.

Was the War in Iraq won by the United states? Many believe it was won because Sadam was toppled and a democratic government was installed, then the United States Military pulled out.

Those are the specific facts;

Did this stop suicide bombings? And attaacks on sof targets? No it didnt but the war was won technically.

Have Boko Haram been won?

YES, it has been wan technically becauee the specific facts are that Boko Haram hold no local.government in Nigeria and have been reduced to using innocent kids and women as Suicide Bombers, attacking vulnerable soft targets in remote villages mainly in Borno as they can no longer carry wide scale attacks on Military formations, government buildings and other hard targets.

This are known deperate moves by terrorist to create fear and panic in the public and to remain in the media despite being incapacitated by military offensives.

Ladies and Gentle men, the war have been technically won, good citizens of Nigeria should join hands together and to also stop the pockets of attacks still carried out by the desperate loosers.

God bless the Federal republic of Nigeria including the Wailing wailers

God bless president Buhari

God bless the Nigerian Army

Nigeria shall be a great nation again

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by koboko69: 1:28pm On Feb 12, 2016
Lalasticlala mynd44 seun let those that rejoice of every single news about an attack by BH see that the war have technically been won...

Cc:
the #pdphouseofhunger members
The ekpas
The wailing wailers

And off course the Zombies grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by Mologi(m): 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
I like ur optimism.....jah bless naija

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by Adaowerri111: 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
That was a masterpiece, I enjoyed reading through wishing the OP could write more
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by deathmen12: 1:43pm On Feb 12, 2016
Adaowerri111:
That was a masterpiece, I enjoyed reading through wishing the OP could write more
sugar how wa we
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by Adaowerri111: 1:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
deathmen12:
sugar how wa we
We blessed
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by Achuwa1(m): 1:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
Apc e-rangers & Aisha jollof rice eaters everywhere on NL.....
Mr op,why is IDP camps littered all over the country without the govt. thinking of returning the ppl back to their homes...coz boko haram is still occupying the said villages of this poor ppl in idp camps..
hope u aware tht bombs were detonated in biggest idp camp,thts to tell u tht boko haram is now taking the war to this ppl in camps even with the presence of soldiers there..
. Do u win a war technically when u don't know the mode of operation of ur attacker....
don't be deceived by pmb word 'technically' on the media coz he means the army has won the war on the media,tv,& pages of news per within Nigeria..& not in the battle field..
if the war has being won on ground ppl would have gone back to their homes from idp camp &u would have heard it on ccn,BBC,& other international media outfit just like WHO announced tht Nigeria is free from ebola

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by Elosky20: 1:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
where are the PDP Moirologists. Food don show for table o.
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by deathmen12: 1:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hope u go be my val
Adaowerri111:
We blessed
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by deathmen12: 1:54pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hope u go be my val
Adaowerri111:
We blessed
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by koboko69: 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2016
Achuwa1:
Apc e-rangers & Aisha jollof rice eaters everywhere on NL.....
Mr op,why is IDP camps littered all over the country without the govt. thinking of returning the ppl back to their homes...coz boko haram is still occupying the said villages of this poor ppl in idp camps..
hope u aware tht bombs were detonated in biggest idp camp,thts to tell u tht boko haram is now taking the war to this ppl in camps even with the presence of soldiers there..
. Do u win a war technically when u don't know the mode of operation of ur attacker....
don't be deceived by pmb word 'technically' on the media coz he means the army has won the war on the media,tv,& pages of news per within Nigeria..& not in the battle field..
if the war has being won on ground ppl would have gone back to their homes from idp camp &u would have heard it on ccn,BBC,& other international media outfit just like WHO announced tht Nigeria is free from ebola

You want the government to move people back to the vilages which have been destroyed without adequate infrastructure for them? You really are very intelligent.

If you could read well...you will see the issue suicide bombing have already been captured. Those are just deperate moves to instill fear and demoralize phycologically. Are u not aware one of the girls refused to detonate hers. If the BH are still as powerfully, they dont need suicide bombers, they could easily have over an the IDP camp as they normally over run Nigerian barracks and mose damage and release propaganda videos

Buhari is cleaning the mess the Ineffectual Buffon could not clean in years simply for politcal gains and self enrichment.

Wake up...the war is won technically.

Cc seun, lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by deathmen12: 1:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hope u go be my val!
Adaowerri111:
We blessed
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by Adaowerri111: 2:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
deathmen12:
Hope u go be my val!
I'm a witness therefore no val
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by deathmen12: 2:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
Choi c bad news...bt no issue, 4 u i dnt mind becoming a witness
Adaowerri111:
I'm a witness therefore no val
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by Achuwa1(m): 2:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
If u are current with happening u will hear a senator from borno state telling us tht half of borno is controlled by boko haram & half by the Nigeria army tht are being owed daily allowances for months NW..
Nobody walks freely from any village tht is 10 km away from maiduguri the capital of borno coz if u dare it ur life is @ risk coz the army themselves cannot guarantee ur safety..
Furthermore,how can u go & develope an area being held by terrerorist,no developer will go near those burnt & ravaged villages tht is the original homes of those in idp camps coz boko haram are holding those areas..tht is y work can't commence in those villages for now,,
The senator has said it tht boko haram is holding half of borno state & wat he means is anywhere 10km away from maiduiguri & if north east is free of boko haram ,CNN,BBC,aljazeerah etc & a host of other foreign international media outfit would have announced it just like WHO did in the Ebola case...
Technically u are hearing is just what the present govt.is using to deceive u & if u daunt me,pay a visit to dalori,dokwa,etc then u will know wat I mean.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by koboko69: 2:24pm On Feb 12, 2016
Achuwa1:
If u are current with happening u will hear a senator from borno state telling us tht half of borno is controlled by boko haram & half by the Nigeria army tht are being owed daily allowances for months NW..
Nobody walks freely from any village tht is 10 km away from maiduguri the capital of borno coz if u dare it ur life is @ risk coz the army themselves cannot guarantee ur safety..
Furthermore,how can u go & develope an area being held by terrerorist,no developer will go near those burnt & ravaged villages tht is the original homes of those in idp camps coz boko haram are holding those areas..tht is y work can't commence in those villages for now,,
The senator has said it tht boko haram is holding half of borno state & wat he means is anywhere 10km away from maiduiguri & if north east is free of boko haram ,CNN,BBC,aljazeerah etc & a host of other foreign international media outfit would have announced it just like WHO did in the Ebola case...
Technically u are hearing is just what the present govt.is using to deceive u & if u daunt me,pay a visit to dalori,dokwa,etc then u will know wat I mean.

Hohohohohoh
You will believe the Senator cos his view os inclined to your pull Buhari down syndrome...but you will not believe the governor who debunked it, or the president or any other person...cos that dooes not suit what u like to hear.

Wail all u want....the war as been won technically

Now if you would excuse me!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by Achuwa1(m): 2:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
The war tht u hear they are winning is the war been fought with military equipment bought by last administration coz this present administration haven't bought a single bullet since they came into power...
the problem last administration had with the war was tht the army was infiltrated by agent of sponsors of boko haram...
. But buhari came in & was able to checkmate & fish out some of those agents tht y u see tht the war looks as if it is won

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by Achuwa1(m): 2:31pm On Feb 12, 2016
The senator is an APC senator,so why would he want to pull the govt.of his dulling party down..
He was only saying the truth coz he is from tht senatoria district...
. The governor is in maiduguri & maiduguri is peaceful so he can say wat he likes to pls his ppl.. pmb is junketering all over the world so he knows little or nothing unless the information burutai gives him & coas will always tell him wat will make him happi.
but the senator is a grassroot man thts why u heard the truth from him.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by CyberWolf: 2:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
Bunch of jobless goons everywhere spewing propaganda for the gullible zoo animals.. Continue, you are paid for it.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by koboko69: 4:00pm On Feb 12, 2016
CyberWolf:
Bunch of jobless goons everywhere spewing propaganda for the gullible zoo animals.. Continue, you are paid for it.

Why u not create ur website... Biafraudland. Y u dey come zoo website dey cry like baby
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by greatiyk4u(m): 4:06pm On Feb 12, 2016
Achuwa1:

U are not informed then.......
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by vedaxcool(m): 4:08pm On Feb 12, 2016
An Average wailing zombie shows a massive deficit in comprehension and logically reasoning.
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by koboko69: 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
vedaxcool:
An Average wailing zombie shows a massive deficit in comprehension and logically reasoning.
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by ZombieNation: 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
Technically, the naira is still trading at 198 naira

Technically, Boko Haram have been defeated

Technically, Buhari is fighting corruption even though he is playing the ostrich over Amaechi

Technically, Nigerians are criminals apart from St Buhari and Hajiya Aisha and their disciple ministers

Technically, Aisha is not the first lady even though she attends international conferences organised for and by first ladies while being ferried in presidential jet

Technically, Osinbanjo is vp even though a mere commissioner

Technically, Buhari's only certificate is still with the army.

Technically, Budget scam is the handwork of koworpt civil servants

Technically, Jonathan bought arms but they only kill oyibo and not bokos with juju

Technically, liar mohammed remains a lying bastard until proven otherwise.

Technically, Zahra is a virgin.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by ZombieNation: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
vedaxcool:

Zombie is strictly for APC Almajiris

Pls do not confuse the adjectives
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by vedaxcool(m): 5:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dude I am referring to PDP and it toutish supporters.
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by koboko69: 5:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
vedaxcool:

Dude I am referring to PDP and it toutish supporters.
edited. grin. Edit quote. Lol. I was wondering when u turned
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
I MAY DE-ACTIVATE MY ACCOUT IF THIS NON-SENSE MAKES THE FRONT-PAGE

I AM A PRODUCT OF 'BETTER BY FAR'
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by vedaxcool(m): 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
ZombieNation:

Zombie is strictly for APC Almajiris

Pls do not confuse the adjectives

Sir. You defend corruption you never ate from in a beneficial manner you live in depression because your hero thief was driven like contagious ebola patient. You wail senselessly day and night over this like a mindless zombie that clearly defines a wailing zombie. Got that?
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by ZombieNation: 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
vedaxcool:

Sir. You defend corruption you never ate from in a beneficial manner you live in depression because your hero thief was driven like contagious ebola patient. You wail senselessly day and night over this like a mindless zombie that clearly defines a wailing zombie. Got that?

Who will you blame for the budget of scam?

Abeg keep your distance from me

Zombie
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by vedaxcool(m): 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
koboko69:
edited. grin. Edit quote. Lol. I was wondering when u turned

cheesy we should return the title of zombie to those dirty supporters of corruption they live the stewpidity they accuse others of.
Re: A Nairalander Endorse&Analyse Claim that Bokoharam Has Been Defeated Technically by vedaxcool(m): 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
[s]
ZombieNation:

Who will you blame for the budget of scam?

Abeg keep your distance from me

Zombie
[/s]

Wailing zombie I am not responsible for your extreme dislike for logically reasoning and challenged comprehension.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pix of the day / Hon. Minister Aisha Jummai Alhasan Is Missing? / EFCC Freezes Fayose’s Account, Governor Describes Action As Criminal, Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.