Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash (15668 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / How Do You Have An Affair And Not Get Caught? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by legs(f): 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2005
He thought I was sound asleep. But I wasn’t. I was, infact, wide-awake and only pretending to be asleep. Lanre has been restless and fidgety all evening. Once or twice, he’d tried to sneak away from me to use his phone. But I hadn’t given him any breathing space. I knew my husband inside out. I could read him like a book. And I could easily tell, whenever he was up to his silly pranks.

I knew the reason for Lanre’s restlessness. I didn’t need a seer to tell me that Lanre had been restless all evening because he needed to talk to Moni on the phone. Uhm! Moni; that ugly worthless female specimen. A cheap husband snatcher and gold-digger. When my husband and I were suffering where was Moni?

In the last six months or so, all my quarrels with my husband had stemmed from this clandestine relationship with Moni.

“I would fight with the last drop of blood in me, just to make sure that I put an end to this illicit affair between you and that bitch”, I’d screamed at Lanre, just a few days back. “I’ll even kill if I had to. Tell Moni to look for her own husband elsewhere. Tell her! Otherwise blood will flow”.

But no matter how much I raved and ranted like a demented woman, the affair between Moni and my husband continued to wax stronger.

That night when he tiptoed out of our bedroom, thinking that I was fast asleep. I knew it had all to do with Moni. I watched him through the squint of my eyes. He was barely out of the bedroom when I sprang out of bed and followed him. Pronto! I plastered my right ear to the panel of the living room door and eavesdropped on my husband’s conversation. I was right! He was on the phone, talking to Moni. And although he was talking in a low, conspiratorial tone, the pin-drop silence of the night seemed to amplify his voice. And I could pick enough to make sense out of the conversation. I lost my head at that point in time. I couldn’t stomach it anymore. I barged in to the living room, taking Lanre by surprise.

“You are joking!” I screamed, “ So you are planning to take your w* to Abuja for five whole days. It is not enough that you see her here in Lagos everyday of the week. Abuja, my foot! In fact, you are going nowhere. And if you must go, then we are going together.”

It was fight-to-finish between Lanre and myself that night. I threw so many tantrums and ended up being violent and destructive. We didn’t sleep all night. I burnt out my fury. At dawn, the following morning, I was tired, completely spent. Lanre continued to beg me. He promised heaven and earth and assured me that he would end the relationship with Moni. He coaxed and cajoled me. He brought out the woman in me and at the end of it all; I agreed to let him travel to Abuja the following day. I knew he dared not travel to Abuja with Moni. Not after the anger and violence I unleashed. Notwithstanding, I insisted on going to the airport with him. Lanre agreed. He had no choice anyway.

That evening, I accompanied my husband to the airport and waited with him until the flight to Abuja was announced. I would have loved to go with him into the inner departure lounge and actually watch him enter into the Abuja-bound aircraft alone, without Moni, but the airport regulations disallowed me.Minutes later, while driving home, my phone rang. It was Lanre. He’d confirmed that he’d boarded the aircraft and they were about to take off. He said he was about to switch off his phone, but assured me that he would call me as soon as they landed at the Abuja airport.

Back home, I continued to think about Moni. Why couldn’t she just leave my husband alone? I couldn’t help wondering why some women took delight in snatching other people’s husbands and wrecking happy homes. I had to do something fast. What if she got pregnant for Lanre? God forbid! I heard myself shout. I had to do something drastic; something rather extreme about Moni. I must have been juggling with ideas for well over an hour when it suddenly occurred to me that Lanre must have arrived safely at Abuja. It was almost an hour and half since Lanre called to inform he was already aboard the aircraft. Why hadn’t he called me to assure me that he’d arrived Abuja safely?

Instantly, I picked up my phone and called Lanre. His phone was switched off. What could be happening? My thoughts again drifted to Moni. Had Lanre, by some magic been able to smuggle Moni into the aircraft? That was impossible! Was I just fooling myself? Perhaps Lanre and Moni were, right at that moment, swooning in each other’s arm. It was simply unthinkable. But truly, there was no limit to what a desperate man could do. I tried to push these thoughts out of my sub-conscious but didn’t succeed, until I fell asleep without knowing. When I woke up, it was dawn, the following day, still no call from Lanre. Again I picked up my phone and called him. His phone was still switched off. I began to get worried then. What the hell is happening?

I get dressed for church. I was in turmoil. It was while driving to church that I got a clue, a shocking and disheartening one for that matter. A roadside newspaper vendor flashed a copy of that day’s Sunday Punch in my face. I froze as one of the cover captions hit me, “Abuja-bound Plane Missing, 114 Persons Feared Dead?”

Talons of fear ran up and down my spine. Up till now, I do not know how I managed to turn the car and drove straight to the airport. There, the sad news was confirmed. The plane was indeed missing and it was the same flight that my husband had boarded the previous day. The long agonizing wait began. That afternoon, news filtered in that the plane had crashed somewhere between Oyo and Kwara States. I was however relieved to hear that there were about fifty survivors. I prayed fervently that my husband should be among the survivors. But my prayers, I appeared was not answered. Early that same evening, we got the news that made me wet my pants in public. The crashed aircraft had been located elsewhere somewhere in Ogun State, Lisa-Igbore Village, to be exact. And wait for this, there was no survivor! I wailed, wept and rolled on the floor. Some sympathizers offered to and actually took me home.

At home I got another shocker! Waiting for me in the living room was the man I thought had perished in the plane crash. Lanre! After the initial shock of seeing him, we got tsalking. Lanre had a confession to make. He told me how he’d left the airport, after my departure. He’d sneaked out to go and spend the night at Moni’s place. That was how he escaped death. I was happy and sad at the same time: happy that my husband was alive, hale and hearty and sad that he’d deceived me and still gone ahead to spend the night with Moni.

I’m confused as to what to do about my husband’s relationship with Moni. Should I give up the fight? Lanre is alive today because of his extra-marital relationship with this strange woman. Or should I tackle Moni headlong?

What should I do?

Please advise me.

A friend sent this to my mailbox, so people what do you guys think?
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Seun(m): 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2005
First of all, you will agree with me that this is a profesionally written story - a woman facing such family crisis is unlikely to write in such a polished manner. Whoever wrote this story probably writes for a living!

Ok, now to respond. The woman in question should ask her husband what he sees in Moni (in a humorous manner) and let him know that she's ready to compete by being 10 times better than Moni in every area. THis process will take years to work.

If that doesn't work, or she's unwilling to eat humble pie, then the marriage is doomed: she should start thinking of moving out on her own. I mean, the kind of hell on earth marriage that this woman is living is probably not worth it!
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by vexxy(f): 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2005
I wouldn't even try and compete with Moni.  It's not worth it.  One woman should not be compared to another because they are two separate beings.

If he is unwilling to leave her, the marriage is pretty much over.  He can't have his cake and eat it too.  Who knows what disease [Moni] may have that can pass on to the wife.  Simply  not worth it.

If he is unwilling to work it out, where can you go?  Marriage is a takes a team effort.  Two people working on a common goal.  He has obviously deterred from that.

I'd also agree that it was written by a professional.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by african(f): 5:51pm On Nov 10, 2005
this may sound weired but 4 one u should be grateful that his alive
this may have tried to break u up but because of her lanre is alive
so u should feel a little bit,but u have the right to be made since he lied to u but that lie he did saved his lfe wink

but still try and work it out with hime if u want 2 stay 2gether
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by loita(f): 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2005
well, i guess what happened was that she told someone the story and they obviously refined it cos they couldnt publish it in the context that she must have said it. as for what she should do, well, she doesnt have any yarns with moni. She has yarns with her husband, she should beg him to tell her where she missed it and allowed the gap for moni to come in and i guess when they talk things out and make plans to change, things will work out fine for them
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by african(f): 5:55pm On Nov 10, 2005
i agree
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Angelgirl(f): 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2005
Well it should be a relief to the woman that her husband is alive because of Moni, but that is not an excuse for him to continue, this accident should infact teach the man a lesson that though it is not yet his time to die, but God is trying pass a message accross to him, i will advise her to sit down talk with the husband and find out the extent of this other relationship, if a man you call your husband keeps looking outside for someone else, then he was not ment to be with you in the first place.

Captivating write up, I commend the writer .
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by legs(f): 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2005
Now that u mention seun and vexxy, the story does seem professionally written doesn’t mean it could not have happened maybe it got edited (just like some posts do  wink) when I read I just got sooo indignant I did not even think about that I just thot of the possibility of the stupid moni sitting on her high horse somewhere assuming that she was responsible for saving the guy’s life.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by schngrg(m): 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2005
Here are my 2 cents on this...

You still love this guy but he apparently is not worth all your love.

Tell him that you are glad that he is alive... give him one last kiss... one last hug... and one last slap... and bid him goodbye.

(The guy has a character problem, today its Moni, rest assured tomorrow it will be someone else too. Moni isnt getting a deal you need to be jealous of. Just be glad that you came to know about it soon enough and walk on.)

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by african(f): 6:07pm On Nov 10, 2005
nice way a sayin that
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by african(f): 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2005
nice way of saying that
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by rhoney(f): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2005
this is what i think.
i wouldnt compete with moni and its clear that your husband doesnt want you its moni he wants. just give up the fight and move on with your life. theres so much you can experience out there other than heart breaks. smiley
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by AngelaZ(f): 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2005
Legs? What do you want?
Your marriage can work, if you want it to
and the opposite if you don't.

Search your heart, and follow where it leads.
Be careful and be wise kiss
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by legs(f): 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2005
abeg AngelaZ take the time to read the posts before you start asking direct questions?
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by african(f): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2005
innit if u read it u would undersand whats going on
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Akolawole(m): 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2005
Cheating is immoral, unaccepted in any society. Lanre is actually fooling the wife. Fornicator can even buy a #50,000 Abuja ticket just to deceive their wife.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by toyin4evr(m): 8:25pm On Nov 10, 2005
This is an interesting story.

My dear sister, let me ask you, is that lady married? or single?  One is, not there any reason why your husband should spend  thousands of naira just to date a lady thereby cheating on you. Is there any way you have caused that  that you know? For what I have seen, even though God is infinitely merciful, but the sin of immorality, coupled with marital infidelity is  enough to bring woe upon a person, man or woman, but then God wants something out of all these,

One was sure, your husband was not destined to die that day; he still has  a purpose to fulfil in God. I hope He finds it before its too late. Both of you have very important lessons to learn, woman you might  failed to satisfy your man, you might have carelessly refused to pay attention to those things that attracts your husband to you, then know that, if he had died  that day, you would have contributed to His demise, thank God.   

Definitely you need to ask yourself questions, you need to find the reason why your man would risk his life to Abuja because of something you can give Him in abundance. Hey I want you to pray too, check your naggings, and bring him back to you,

Well hope your man would read these too. God just decided to spare him not because he was wise, it would be so painful for him to die afterwards for nothing else other than immorality and lack of self control - AIDs is another vicious killer any day, I will say more later, bye and please we shall wash it o.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by shingybaba(m): 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2005
men, I feel every is a sad thang, and what I think she should do is just give the guy space.

There comes a time when some people just need time away from each other, its a way of life. The husband obviously still has little interest in the wife, if not a lot of interest, for him to still keep his wife at home, and still come home to her. I mean if he didn't want a wife, he would have sent her packing a long time ago.

And am sure this Moni of a girl or whatever she is is probably young, and the husband is probably just using Moni, to feel young again. It's something men like, they never want to grow old.

Well I am female, and I understand what the wife might be going through, but it still doesn't change the fact that lanre is her husband, and she can't let go of a marriage all because of a stupid fling that will not last. If it wasn't marriage I would have said "give him a taste of his own medicine, show him you're worth more than what he treats you, make him know you're his", but since its marriage and da bible says "be submissive to your husbands", ...

Well I feel you should give him a good talk about it, and if nothing changes, give him the space he wants, leave the house. Because as far as I can see, the ranting is getting you nowhere, so give him the space he wants, and pray deeply about it. In due time, he will realise what a fool he has been and will surely come back to you. That's why he is your husband.

He obviously needs you for one reason or the other, if not, he would have moved in with Moni, or even worse, filed a divorce so he still needs his wife, maybe just to have a place to call home. The Moni fling is short-lived, it will end in due time. He just wants to feel young and alive again, and if it does end (the Moni thing) spice up your marriage, make him feel young, make him happy, be submissive.

Have a little, sorry, a lot of fun, act like you're high school sweethearts or you jus got marriage, bring back the life to your marriage, ask him what he likes, let him want u, let him be happy with you and always want to come back for more, get him at the palm of your hands. And always try to work out your problems - don't just go into argument.

That's all the comments I have now. Take care. wink
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by pophoney(m): 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2005
That is an Interesting Piece.
Now can we say "Adultery saved his life" NOPE. It was just not his time to die.
Something seems to be wrong with him, he knows he is doing something wrong, always ready to confess to his wife and ask for forgiveness but never ready to repent.
Lord have mercy on his marriage
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by lullaby(f): 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2005
I say she drop him like it's hot! I cant imagine been in a marriage like that where I cant trust him...common! Then pray tell, what is the marriage based on then? Not knowing if he's coming home to me tonite or not? I imagine that marriage should be more fulfilling than that.

There's no such thing as a stupid fling. The fact that he went out of his home and cheated on her is bad enough, then to keep the affair knowing that she knows is downright outrageous!

He has obviously broken his vows and he's not worthy of her love anymore. There's no guarantee that it wont be Sheila tomorrow or Vanessa 10 yrs down the line. Does she really want to go down that line? If she was my friend, I will go help her pack her stuff. I wont put myself through that and I will not advise anyone to go through that either.

Sometimes, u need to look at the situation logically and not emotionally...Nuff said!
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by dablessed(f): 11:52pm On Nov 10, 2005
Quite captivating i'd say! Very professionally written i'd agree.

Hmmm! What more can one say here!!! Woman, i rejoice with you, at least your husband is still alive even though he may be messing about. This is enough to thank God for abi? If i were you i'd say: "thank you God for allowing him go to Moni's house" It could be a hard prayer i agree.

After all the thanksgiving and celebration, you must have an "Extra-ordinary General Meeting (EGM) with him"  where a review and assessment of  the present state of your relationship should be carrried out.

At least the man is your husband and he must have loved you before proposing and eventually getting married to you i suppose. You need to identify what has gone wrong because it appears something is not right anymore, this you should carry out with him, in the calmest possible way - no nagging and throwing of tantrums here as this wouldnt achieve much result.

Cultivate the habit of talking with him and not reacting or acting. Even though he may be unfaithful to you, at least there is still something about him that you are crazy about - why not choose to always see this - instead of his unpleasant side - i know its difficult but you have got to make up your mind to love him even in his unfaithfulness.

Now having said all that, there is one thing you can do - that will change your story. Why not get down on your knees and pray for your husband? And i mean a sincere heartfelt prayer. It is obvious that he needs your prayers more  than any thing else. The prayer of the righteous woman availeth much!!! Let me recommend the book "Power of a praying wife" to you,  even though i have not read it, i believe it should bless you a great deal.

Also, you must forgive him in totality! He has wronged you no doubt but we all wrong God and He forgives us abi? Unforgiveness will only hinder you and your marriage so why not forgive each other, make friends again, renew your union and live happily ever after.

Asper Moni, she's certainly not worth competing with. Pray for her sincerely.

Congratulations for having your husband! A lot of wives, whose husbands were on the ill-fated plane would not mind for them to sleep with more than one "Moni" on that night i'm sure.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by babe(f): 11:59pm On Nov 10, 2005
congratulations, i am happy that your husband is alive.

one thing you should understand is that, your husband would not have even dream't about going to abuja if he wasn't having an affair.(or am i mistaken that the sole reason for going to Abuja is to spend it with Moni?).

God will always fight for his own.

be very prayerful and upright with God, beacuse God will never give us what we can't handle. something greater is about to happen in your life.

As for competing with Moni, forget it she's not worth the trouble, God will deal with her on your behalf.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by icingbaby(f): 12:19am On Nov 11, 2005
thank God for you and your hushand, thank God nothing happen to him. but after all this happy he can't still learn for it and stop the affair he must be out of his mind.  legs try to talk with him or call is close family or friend to talk to he, if he doesn't stop, you should live him.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by dablessed(f): 12:23am On Nov 11, 2005
Icingbaby, he is not leg's husband.

The story was e-mailed to her - or summin, if i'm correct.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by icingbaby(f): 12:24am On Nov 11, 2005
thanks for telling me. smiley
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by dablessed(f): 12:25am On Nov 11, 2005
Anytime baby!!!
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by ocho(f): 1:53am On Nov 11, 2005
phew! the world and all that happens in it  never ceases to amaze me. first if all, I'd like to join you in thanking God for your husband's life. From my point of view, there is a message in what happend. I happen to be a person who belives that coincidences  don't just happen, everything that happens, happens for a reason. So this is propbably a way of letting you know that your husband, isn't  trustworthy and faithful and so is breaking the solemn oath of marraige he took. Forget the fact that he came and confessed, i mean you're bound to have found out anyways, because sometimes, guys confess after they have cheated and expect to be given some kind of credit for doing that, yeah right! like I wasn't going to find out anyways.
so back to what i was saying, look at this incidence as an eye opener for you. now you really know who you thought you knew. if he could go to such lenghts of lying to you like you were stupid or something just to be with this Moni girl, what else could he do?How many other things has he done because of moni that you are yet to find out and when you eventually do will shock you to the bones?
Well, i don't know but in my honest opinion, he has shown you in so many ways, that he disregards your feeelings and cares more about this Moni person, so would it really be in your best interest to be with someone like that?
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Oracle(m): 2:01am On Nov 11, 2005
well it sounds like a true story u know
i believe it, God has a way of doing things
But that doesnt mean he should continue
Besides i believe the woman is giving the issue a
wrong approach.
When u realize ur hubby is unfaithful take it calm
naturally it hurts but girl what u are to do is
make him know that u are aware of it
but dont do any thing i bet u he'll change coz he'll be scared
and wouldnt know ur next line of action
u know try to catch him redhanded with the lady and quietly walk out
dont shout when he comes home still treat him like ur hubby.
give him food etc.
GIRL I BET U HE'S GONNA CHANGE
And if he doesnt then he's an incorrigible flirtatious fool
he doesnt love u and at this point u know what to do.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by nddy(m): 2:08am On Nov 11, 2005
Men my Advice is for the lady to get a peaceful Divorce, i dont think the affair would end.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Oracle(m): 2:52am On Nov 11, 2005
well she might be born again
and dont believe in divorce
but the BIBLE says divorce is acceptable
on the grounds of ADULTERY.
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by nddy(m): 3:02am On Nov 11, 2005
leave bible out of this , I mean , the wife already knows he is cheating and he keeps doing it, come on thats like disrespecting the lady, That means she gat nothin going on for her, if my wife constitently cheated on me with the same guy, That should tell me maybe she never loved me , so why bother about a her. Its not like he is cheatin on various girls , this is the same girl, C'mon
Re: My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash by Oracle(m): 3:33am On Nov 11, 2005
would it be better 4 him to die?
he should first have the life b4 u even talk
bout cheating

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sad Facts About Modern Family Life / I Need Answers From Married People Only! / Marry Your Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.