Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Bayelsa: A’court Declares APGA Candidate Winner In Assembly Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa: A’court Declares APGA Candidate Winner In Assembly Poll (863 Views)

Ifeanyi Igwebike Emerges APGA’s Candidate For Agbaso’s Faction For Anambra Polls / Tribunal Annuls Election Of Saraki Dahiru-Maiyama, Declares PDP Candidate Winner / A’court Upholds Ambode’s Victory, Fines Agbaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa: A’court Declares APGA Candidate Winner In Assembly Poll by shachris02: 6:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
The Court of Appeal sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, has declared the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, Mr. Belemote Watson, the winner of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly seat in Brass Constituency 2.

In a ruling, the court upheld the earlier ruling of the State House of Assembly Tribunal and ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission, to issue Watson his certificate of return.

Also, the appellate court upheld the ruling of the Tribunal nullifying the election of Dr. Michael Awoli Anapurere of the Peoples Democratic Party, representing Ogbia Constituency 2 in the State House of Assembly.

The appellate court then declared Mr. Gibson Munalayefa of Labour Party as the winner of the election having scored the highest valid votes cast.

By the latest judgment, the number of opposition members in the House has risen to five in a twenty-four member State Assembly.

Only recently, the court sacked Ms. Naomi Ogoli of the PDP as member representing Ogbia Constituency 3 and declared Mr. Gabriel Ogbara of the African Democratic Congress, as the authentic winner of the election in the constituency.

In the 2015 general election, Mr.Ebiye Tarabina of APGA was elected for Kolokuma/Opokuma Constituency 2 while Mr. Sunny Israel-Goli of All Progressives Congress was elected as lawmaker representing Brass Constituency 1.

- See more at: http://www.sambisanews.com/bayelsa-acourt-declares-apga-candidate-winner-in-assembly-poll#sthash.cb8SQFn3.dpuf

http://www.punchng.com/bayelsa-acourt-declares-apga-candidate-winner-in-assembly-poll/
Re: Bayelsa: A’court Declares APGA Candidate Winner In Assembly Poll by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
Good to know. next
Re: Bayelsa: A’court Declares APGA Candidate Winner In Assembly Poll by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
APGA- Onye Agha Na Nwanne Ya..
Re: Bayelsa: A’court Declares APGA Candidate Winner In Assembly Poll by igraman(m): 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
Congratulations Uncle Belemote Watson.

didn't I told you with prayers nothing is impossible ?
I'm happy for you sir.
wish you more successes !
Re: Bayelsa: A’court Declares APGA Candidate Winner In Assembly Poll by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
Great decision
Re: Bayelsa: A’court Declares APGA Candidate Winner In Assembly Poll by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
igraman:
Congratulations Uncle Belemote Watson.
didn't I told you with prayers nothing is impossible ? I'm happy for you sir. wish you more successes !
i am so happy too .congratulations

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Begs Nigerians-Support Buhari In Rooting Out Corruption -dailypost / Pensioner Slumps And Dies During Screening In Edo State (PHOTO) / Slowly, Jonathan’s Name Enters Dasukigate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.