Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

The Woman Everyone Should Have Met - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Woman Everyone Should Have Met (1067 Views)

The Woman My Best Friend Is About To Marry This Saturday Has No Womb, Help / The Woman I Hate To Have As Wife / Update On The Woman Whose Husband Took To Sharia Court For Praying Too Much"PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Woman Everyone Should Have Met by monalicious(f): 9:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
At age 3, she had poliomyelitis on one leg as she woke up one morning and couldn't walk anymore. She never had formal education, she however learnt how to write her name and signed her business cheques.She learnt how to sew with her bad leg, and became a seamstress, with a workforce of no less than 20 at its peak. In addition to her tailoring business, she also sold cement on retail basis. She was popular in Benin, in her youth. When her contract to supply food items to Uselu Psychiatric Hospital was terminated, th great woman left Benin to Lagos to protest to the then minister- late Prof. Olokoye Ransome Kuti, without even knowing him; she sought to see him and succeeded, and her contract was immediately restored. She was a distributor to okpella cement, Nigeria Breweries, Nigeria Bottling Company, Guiness and Bendel Breweries in her "disabled" state. Had 8 children, and raised some of her nieces and nephews, who are all doing very well in their various professions; when some people who found themselves in similar conditions, would have taken her children to the road side to beg for alms. She was an amputee at some point in her life, but she was a disciplinarian. She never allowed her outward disability cripple her on the inside. She loved and cared for all that came her way. She was a great woman, a role model to mothers. One of the greatest to have ever walked this earth. We call her our angel, that's why she needed no legs to walk, because angels don't walk, they fly. She was my aunty, but she was more than a mother to me. Words fail me to describe her appropriately. I love you iye and I miss you dearly. Continue to rest in peace.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Woman Everyone Should Have Met by bibijay123(f): 11:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
that is a real woman right there.. rest in peace mama

1 Like

Re: The Woman Everyone Should Have Met by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
Thanks for sharing. She is an inspiration.

2 Likes

Re: The Woman Everyone Should Have Met by bukatyne(f): 8:51am On Feb 13, 2016
May her soul rest in perfect peace.

Well done epitome of hardwork.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Thanks / 12 Most Common Bad Behaviours / Is Proper For Married Woman To Go Out Without Pant..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.