Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person (7358 Views)

How Can I Track My Stolen Phones And Electronics? / Imagin Abusive Words Someone Used On PMB And Even On God / Nigerian Woman's Kidney In Italy Removed Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by engrflames: 12:16am On Feb 13, 2016
My credit card (MasterCard) details were used by a fraudster to
shop online, from an online store . I believe, given the nature of the transactions, that the thief should be traceable by the police.

Please is there any hope of tracing this fraudster because I just lost about 60k meant for my M.Sc. tuition fee. I am presently frustrated. Nairalanders please I need your suggestion towards recovering my money possibly.
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by irondome: 12:21am On Feb 13, 2016
Report it immediately to your bank, especially their card service department. With a close follow, you may get a full refund within 90 days.
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by Bishops10(m): 12:22am On Feb 13, 2016
Make I siddon first look something grin
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by engrflames: 12:27am On Feb 13, 2016
irondome:
Report it immediately to your bank, especially their card service department. With a close follow, you may get a full refund within 90 days.
Thanks for your contribution, I am really interested in tracking the thief
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by engrflames: 12:30am On Feb 13, 2016
lalasticlala or seun please you can move this topic to the right section to get a wide range of suggestions.
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by Cutehector(m): 12:33am On Feb 13, 2016
Someone must hav had access to ur credit card cool
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by scribble: 12:51am On Feb 13, 2016
Try this guy

Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by Nobody: 1:16am On Feb 13, 2016
You must have compromised ur card details. while requesting for the card the bank gave terms n condition which simply means they can't be held liable for any loss.

#MyCandidOpinion is for you to hotlist(block) the card since twas online fraud or change ur card PIN iif twas PIN compromise, iif you got a good rapport with ur account officer he/she might assist you get few details like the store iit was used, date n time.

Unfortunately it's not a transfer buh shopping, the fraudster's details won't be seen sad
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by hammedkola(m): 1:23am On Feb 13, 2016
The
engrflames:
My credit card (MasterCard) details were used by a fraudster to
shop online, from an online store . I believe, given the nature of the transactions, that the thief should be traceable by the police.
Please is there any hope of tracing this fraudster because I just lost about 60k meant for my M.Sc. tuition fee. I am presently frustrated. Nairalanders please I need your suggestion towards recovering my money possibly.

Common, this is simple issue. Just request for the shipping address that's all
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by Naija9090: 1:24am On Feb 13, 2016
It's the job of your credit card company to take care of that for you...to give you credit/refund for whatever amount that was fraudulently charged and track the criminal down. This is not your job...you are insured against fraudulent transactions....most people don't know this! Call them bro! If you are in Nigeria where things don't work as should, call Mastercard, if they ask you to call your issuing bank in Nigeria, tell them they are unwilling to help you, and you are contemplating filling a civil suit with your lawyer against Mastercard since they fineprint that...YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR FRAUDULENT TRANSACTIONS.. Trust me...they will refund your money as it's insured against fraudulent transactions!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by hajbash: 2:01am On Feb 13, 2016
engrflames:

Thanks for your contribution, I am really interested in tracking the thief
Note: u cant track the thief.my humble advice to you is to report this issue to your bank,they will cancel the transaction and ur money will be refund.pls u should do it quickly because the fraudster may still used ur card details and make other purchase.noted: most of this kind fraudsters live abroad mostly u.s.a
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by Nobody: 2:39am On Feb 13, 2016
Are you ready to spend extra 150k in tracking the thief? If yes, then we'll get him within 7days, but first, we need to establish some facts from your Bank and if they're not ready to cooperate, sue their thieving asses for aiding & abetting fraud.

We need to ascertain the following:

1.) Where was your money spent? In Nigeria or U.S.A? If it's in the U.S, then we have 83% chance of nabbing that crook & recovering your money because the shipping address is usually a virtual mail forwarding address e.g usabox.com.

But if it's in Nigeria, we have 99% chance of recovering your money but you should already know what I'm thinking? Yes - No Yahoo boy would be stupid enough to shop with a Nigerian stolen creditcard & ship within Nigeria unless his village witches have sentenced him to die in kiri-kiri. grin

2.) Once the store name is produced or identified by your Bank, then retrieving the delivery name & shipping address from the store will be a cake walk.

Before I proceed to number 3, below is how your 150k budget will be implemented should you insist on nabbing the thief by all means :

A.) Commissioner of Police will be given 40k

B.) Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) will be given 20k

C.) Lawyer will be given a mobilisation fee of 30k just in case your Bank want to be speaking grammar, then we'll sue their thieving ass for 150Million for deliberately spending 60k from your creditcard without your consent. When they see that the case is taking a new dimension on their head, they'll double the money & pay you 120k.

D.) 30k will be used for transportation, Intel gathering & logistics. grin

E.) Well, after everything, you will definitely want to thank me but unfortunately gratitude alone cannot keep a man alive, you must put food in his belly; therefore the remaining 30k will go into the budget of my stomach infrastructure, but in case the Bank is reluctant in furnishing you with the requested information, then we go straight ahead to instituting the lawsuit against them and when the Judge awards the 150Million to us, lawyer takes 10%, judge is compensated with 10% for a job well done, I take 20% and you go home with the remaining 90Million grin

If you want us to proceed, just reply my post by typing the following password:

“Leningrad + Spiridonovich + Ivanovich”

2 Likes

Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by terryslim(m): 3:09am On Feb 13, 2016
my name is kadiri lucky. I am a wanted criminal and a scammer. check my picture so that you dont fall a victim

1 Like

Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by mrphysics(m): 4:06am On Feb 13, 2016
@op, the best thing is to go to your bank and Change the pin so that the yahoo boys will no longer have access to it.

then if you are willing to undertake the task of come today come tomorrow Nigerian method of solving problem, then go ahead and complain to your bank customer care. but it may be like saraki case, postponing and blaming you.

......Sleep don come. make I pause here
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by irondome: 8:38am On Feb 13, 2016
vimi:
You must have compromised ur card details. while requesting for the card the bank gave terms n condition which simply means they can't be held liable for any loss.

#MyCandidOpinion is for you to hotlist(block) the card since twas online fraud or change ur card PIN iif twas PIN compromise, iif you got a good rapport with ur account officer he/she might assist you get few details like the store iit was used, date n time.

Unfortunately it's not a transfer buh shopping, the fraudster's details won't be seen sad

Not true. I was once charged by some dollars by a company I never had dealings with; apparently my card details might have been compromised by a staff of another company i once had business with. I simply reported to the card service department of my Bank and followed up

Got a refund within 90 days or so.
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by irondome: 8:44am On Feb 13, 2016
hajbash:
Note: u cant track the thief.my humble advice to you is to report this issue to your bank,they will cancel the transaction and ur money will be refund.pls u should do it quickly because the fraudster may still used ur card details and make other purchase.noted: most of this kind fraudsters live abroad mostly u.s.a

You see as I kept quiet, there may be more to the story he is not telling us.
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:09am On Feb 13, 2016
Lolz, my guy go to ur bank complain not NL
Re: Someone Used My Credit Card On-line Illegally, How Can I Track The Person by engrflames: 9:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
Obatala7Kronos:
Are you ready to spend extra 150k in tracking the thief? If yes, then we'll get him within 7days, but first, we need to establish some facts from your Bank and if they're not ready to cooperate, sue their thieving asses for aiding & abetting fraud.

We need to ascertain the following:

1.) Where was your money spent? In Nigeria or U.S.A? If it's in the U.S, then we have 83% chance of nabbing that crook & recovering your money because the shipping address is usually a virtual mail forwarding address e.g usabox.com.

But if it's in Nigeria, we have 99% chance of recovering your money but you should already know what I'm thinking? Yes - No Yahoo boy would be stupid enough to shop with a Nigerian stolen creditcard & ship within Nigeria unless his village witches have sentenced him to die in kiri-kiri. grin

2.) Once the store name is produced or identified by your Bank, then retrieving the delivery name & shipping address from the store will be a cake walk.

Before I proceed to number 3, below is how your 150k budget will be implemented should you insist on nabbing the thief by all means :

A.) Commissioner of Police will be given 40k

B.) Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) will be given 20k

C.) Lawyer will be given a mobilisation fee of 30k just in case your Bank want to be speaking grammar, then we'll sue their thieving ass for 150Million for deliberately spending 60k from your creditcard without your consent. When they see that the case is taking a new dimension on their head, they'll double the money & pay you 120k.

D.) 30k will be used for transportation, Intel gathering & logistics. grin

E.) Well, after everything, you will definitely want to thank me but unfortunately gratitude alone cannot keep a man alive, you must put food in his belly; therefore the remaining 30k will go into the budget of my stomach infrastructure, but in case the Bank is reluctant in furnishing you with the requested information, then we go straight ahead to instituting the lawsuit against them and when the Judge awards the 150Million to us, lawyer takes 10%, judge is compensated with 10% for a job well done, I take 20% and you go home with the remaining 90Million grin

If you want us to proceed, just reply my post by typing the following password:

“Leningrad + Spiridonovich + Ivanovich”
Bros u no dey smile at all

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Sem Grant Disbursement: The Gruesome Sins Of Donaldo / Meet Emmanuel Nwude..the Man Who Sold A Fake Airport for $242m / Church Minister Caught Pants Down Having Gay Sex With Another Man (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.