Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,527 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:12 PM

1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start (30144 Views)

Poultry On 1 Plot Of Land For Sale At 1 Million Naira / We Can Help You Start Ugu,tomato And Pepper Farm / 20 Units Of Pepper Farm For Allocation. Updated. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start by farem: 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
okoroemeka:
we planted 1000 avenir hot pepper on two and half plots,we started harvesting after 90 days of sowing.the peak harvest we got was 10 bags every 4 days,the production grows like a graph from 0% to 20% to 80% ,it will then come down and stabilize at 50% for around 2-3 months,then it will decline.we battled bacteria leaf spot during rainy season but if will do it again I will be prepared with better fungicides.
Hello, I have read a couple of things just now that shows you are really into agricultural thing. I will like to get your contact for some mentoring esp produce marketing. Thamk you

1 Like

Re: 1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start by okoroemeka(m): 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
farem:

Hello, I have read a couple of things just now that shows you are really into agricultural thing. I will like to get your contact for some mentoring esp produce marketing. Thamk you
grab it , WhatsApp 08119942049
Re: 1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start by OfficialSam(m): 11:30pm On Jan 23, 2021
Following
Re: 1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start by sessypgm(m): 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
Please can one still plant pepper now from nursery this September?
Re: 1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2021
sessypgm:
I'm waiting for this answer
Re: 1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start by Ken4agent(m): 10:17am On Sep 13, 2021
Pls do goat eat pepper? Plan to cultivate it in my plot of land but there many goat around
Re: 1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start by REUBEN010(m): 2:18pm On Sep 14, 2021
sessypgm:

In my opinion, NO!

This is because Northeners will soon flood the market with their peppers, tomatoes and many other veggies. An increase in supply will definitely crash the price. If you have solid irrigation plans, I'll suggest you suspend it until December so that you can hit the market when their crops are already spent. By May - September peak pricing, your crops should be at the peak of their production and this translates to more harvests, more premium sales and less market risk.

THIS IS NOT A FINANCIAL ADVICE.
JUST AN OPINION.

1 Like

Re: 1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start by REUBEN010(m): 2:19pm On Sep 14, 2021
Ken4agent:
Pls do goat eat pepper? Plan to cultivate it in my plot of land but there many goat around

Can't tell but Antelopes do eat the leaves of pepper.
Re: 1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start by Gboy1026: 7:52am On Oct 09, 2022
okoroemeka:
we planted 1000 avenir hot pepper on two and half plots,we started harvesting after 90 days of sowing.the peak harvest we got was 10 bags every 4 days,the production grows like a graph from 0% to 20% to 80% ,it will then come down and stabilize at 50% for around 2-3 months,then it will decline.we battled bacteria leaf spot during rainy season but if will do it again I will be prepared with better fungicides.
The bags are the 50kg abi 25kg
Re: 1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start by Gboy1026: 7:54am On Oct 09, 2022
okoroemeka:
do nursery December,transplant February to target peak price periods April to June.before to much rain will bring bacteria leaf spot you have already harvested for 3 months.
can I use people to do the ridges as I can't get tractor here.
Re: 1 Plot Pepper Farm For A Start by wiseworld: 10:09pm On Dec 20, 2022
okoroemeka:

Pls okoroemeka can you kindly list effective and good Fungicide and insecticide to used for pepper.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beautiful Tea Plantation In North East Nigeria Photos / Please Help Me On Broilers Feed Formulation Procedure / My Little Ginger Sack Farm In The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.