Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees (2796 Views)

How I Make 10,500 Monthly / To Earn $1,500 Monthly On Adsense,use This Automatic Adsense Website Builder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees by iMerchant: 8:57am On Feb 13, 2016
HARD TIMES AHEAD, CBN WARNS NIGERIANS…SAYS LOW OIL REVENUE TO LINGER that’s the headline news of The Punch Newspaper on January 27th, 2016. But today’s post isn’t about the central bank’s warning but about Konga Mall.

If you haven’t been following the news lately, please allow me to quickly update you that Konga.com recently sacked ten percent (10%) of its workforce on January 15th, 2016 and twelve days after the massive layoff, Konga.com founder and CEO, Sim Shagaya, was asked to resign by the company’s investors in Amsterdam after a meeting.

Need I tell you that now is the worst time to be jobless and also a very terrible time to start importation business without the basic understanding of the business dynamics?

The Federal Government need money to fund the budget therefore all government agencies and ministries are looking for money. The Central Bank have imposed fifty naira (#50) for every one thousand (#1,000) deposited into your bank account. The same CBN is also promoting financial inclusion in Nigeria.

In case you missed the memo or you are not aware what is about to hit you as a merchant on Konga.com, please find below the good news from Konga but bad news for merchants’ on Konga marketplace (Konga Mall):

Dear Seller,

Konga Mall is introducing a flat monthly membership fee. This will help ensure we continue to provide quality services to our merchants and discourage those that seek to tarnish our collective reputations.

What to Expect?

• Starting March 1st 2016, Konga Mall sellers will be charged a monthly fee of N2500 on each store across all categories.

• Newly registered sellers will also be required to pay the monthly membership fee from the date of store registration.

• Konga Mall sellers will have exclusive access to discounted everyday services across different industries.

• You no longer have to compete for visibility and sales with ridiculous prices put up by unserious sellers.

• Filtering out less committed sellers from the platform leaves more store and product visibility for credible sellers to increase sales.

Kind Regards,

Your Konga Mall Team.

Read More: - http://www.realmoneyng.com/konga-mall-merchant-to-start-paying-2500-monthly-membership-fees/
Re: Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees by amdman: 9:00am On Feb 13, 2016
That's how they killed the once thriving Dealdey with spurious policies!

1 Like

Re: Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees by suyamasta(m): 9:01am On Feb 13, 2016
total Bs
Re: Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 13, 2016
Great...what of inactive accounts?
Re: Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees by biznessman(m): 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
I believe that most merchants if not all, are very unhappy with this new policy which is being introduced by konga, they charge commissions on the sales of every item being sold, so why this monthly charges, May I suggest if there was a way merchants could stage a protest, more preferably by boycotting orders maybe, just maybe konga will know its policy shouldn't be all about them...
Re: Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees by sgchaulage(m): 8:03am On May 15, 2016
This is the most foolish and insensitive business move ever from an online store like Konga. By the way, there are always reasons behind these decisions but you do not have a mass market of a developed world that can easily adjust to these changing policies.

Some of the merchants I have interacted with have very bitter experiences, and we decided to keep off Konga.
Most items are over-priced so while Konga thinks they are selling "convenience", people are more worried about price!
And the main reason is because, this business is hosted in a 'crawling' developing country - so people can not afford too high.

This is how you crash a great business - well done Konga!
Going down, definitely.
Re: Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees by EnterPRO: 9:18am On May 15, 2016
^^^ but they have introduced a bronze plan na?
free unlimited listings but with slightly higher commissions.

why is no one talking about that?
Re: Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees by purplecircle: 11:11am On May 15, 2016
Have any of you tried selling on jumia... grin you will see insensitive. Biko konga has created free plan. So if you cant do the others do free na abi

3 Likes

Re: Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees by afanide: 11:52am On May 15, 2016
EnterPRO:
^^^ but they have introduced a bronze plan na?

free unlimited listings but with slightly higher commissions.

why is no one talking about that?

Bros do you know how much that plan goes for? It's still quite expensive for most merchants. With this move, i think Konga is going the OLX way where people will no longer take them serious.

This is a huge opportunity for other E-commerce site to thrive.
Re: Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees by EnterPRO: 1:13pm On May 15, 2016
afanide:

Bros do you know how much that plan goes for? It's still quite expensive for most merchants. With this move, i think Konga is going the OLX way where people will no longer take them serious.

This is a huge opportunity for other E-commerce site to thrive.

its "free" bro.
Re: Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
Commisison have also been increased o. Check the latest Konga commission rate to see whats up...
Re: Konga Mall Merchants To Start Paying #2,500 Monthly Membership Fees by saints2(f): 9:34pm On Jun 21, 2016
I think it's time to dust my bags and baggages and call it quit with Konga.. Ever since their founder resigned to head a new firm, the new management has been so insensitive and very greedy... Soon they will carry their families and start to advertise themselves.

(1) (Reply)

The Rice Revolution In Nigeria Is Real. Pictures From A Nairalander / Become Our Agent Selling A4 Paper And Earn Big / Are You Interested In Cassava Farming/Farming In General?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.