Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Information About Sweden Visa - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information About Sweden Visa (103098 Views)

Enquiries About Sweden Visa / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Who Knows About Sweden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Donpuk(m): 7:59am On Oct 03, 2009
@chigsmith:i buy ur idea,bt reporting them to the consular is nt the best option,b'cos they are all birds of same feather.Rather i suggest we launch an official protest letter to our own foreign affairs ministry.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by bluetyrese(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2009
@Don puk its true i also recieved my rejection late and was surpriced that my decision was made like a week ago, while i was making effort to contact them to know my status they always say a decion has not been made on my case and i was told to write to swedish immigration in sweden to put pressure on them cuz that is where the decision is been reached, and before i could know the guy just hang up on me and i always noticed anytime i call the embassy @ Abuja if a man answers me he talks rudly and always hand up on me, but i still kept calling till lucky a nice lady answered by call and attended to me nicely and told me to call my passport number which i did and she told me i should expect a my decision by evening> But i was lucky i still have time to make my appeal cuz the date on my decision was made a week after i received it. and am waiting to hear how far from them.

@chigsmith am in surpport of your idea but how do we go about this process and were do we address this letter to Sweden or Abuja? we really need to make our vioce heard beyound this blog and i also think the swedish embassy is bias concerning thier decision on us. @all in surpport of this protest what do we do next?
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by chigsmith: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2009
the ministry of foreign affairs is actually d best dept. to handle this but looking at d present leader of d ministry Maduekwe and also d fact dat Nigerians abroad has had d worst kind of treatment outside without him asking questions. Even wen he has been surmoned by d house he always fail to appear.

i sugest writing to the leader house comtee on diaspora Hon Abike, Hon Farouk lawal and minister of info. i belive these people will like to look into d matter. then mayb foreign ministry.

But for this to have enough weight need to have up to 5 of our signatures and data.

what do we say? we need more opinions on this issue
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Donpuk(m): 6:16am On Oct 11, 2009
@chigsmith:lodging protest letter to:Abike,Farouk & aunty Dora,is a good idea;u hv my full fledged support:data & signature.
Other forumites,plz lets team up & do this to avoid our brothers that wil go2 d embassy for spring application from facing d same ugly fate we faced.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by chigsmith: 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2009
Thks donpuk
we can start making a draft of d letter in our closet while we stil wait for more opinions from d house.
@ntutu, nethacker, rugina, and d entire house affected by consulate on these issue we need your VIEWS PLZ,
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2009
Hi nairalanders and others. If you realy want to get a Swedish student residence permit, you have to do the following on your own without the help of any one,

1. fill you visa application for properly,
2. submit all the necessary photocopied documents,
3. tax clearance certificate is not compulsory expecially when you are not working for the nigerian government,
4. Bank statement MUST be a real one (STATISTICS SHOWS THAT 95% OF NIGERIANS THAT APPLY FOR THIS SWEDISH STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT PRESENT FAKE/FALSE BANKSTATEMENT) your previous bank transaction at this state is not necessary to the embassy but just the necessary thing is for you to have SEK 219, 000 MULTIPLY BY THE CURRENT EXCHANGE RATE, maybe N19 or N20!
5. There is no much questions at the embassy.
6. Try to be truthfull and you will get your visa like i did.

Some people think that they do not issue visa to student, they do!!! because they gave me. The problem with us is that we always want things to be done in a very fastway. If you do not have anyone who will deposit the money for you inside your own personal account, then forget about applying at all to the embassy because you must become who you still want to irrespective of the country where you are. Many people try to fake thier bank statement before the embassy, they already know that things like that exist. I did not write then for one day to remind them that i applied or to ask them when is my visa going to be ready. They replied me after 6weeks and four days while i had my appointment with the embassy on 29th June,2009. And today, i am writing you from Malmo city. Life is really good in Sweden and their citizens are good and accommodating but make yourself happy anyway you find yourself because individual determine how their society will look like and not the society it self to determine how the individual will be.
IF YOU ARE TRUTHFULL TO BOTH YOUR SELF AND TO OTHERS, THEN, YOU MUST BE SUCCESSFULL IN EVERYTHING YOU DO.
Thank you.

My name is Linda.
you can write me for more details via my email ifeco1a_y2k@yahoo.com
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by umbawo(m): 7:58pm On Oct 14, 2009
welcome to malmo.How are u enjoying the winter , it was 3 degrees today.
Will get worst by next mth so prepare to dress like an eskimo wit big jacket,
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2009
Hello my dear, you are correct about the weather in malmo city today (3 degree todays and it's increasing as the day goes on!). It is too cold here ooo!!! Europe is not easy at all but Swedish people are too good for me. Thank God for his help.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by chigsmith: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2009
@ifeco1a_y2
I don't doubt u. But hw will u xplain dis to me dat i built my acct for close to 4 months with a balance of abt 3.2m and submitd d statment on d 4th of june ie the interview day. Only to be written a rejection letter on d 1st of sept nearly 4 months that 'd could not verify my bank documents'
after i have sent several letters and made calls to Abuja and Sweden.
I still went to my bank with d rejction letter and after goin tru records d said d neva got any request from dem. Is this not WICKEDNESS. why did d not send d leta b4 8wks.

Am waiting
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2009
I want to infor you that my you money was not enough for 3yrs program. That is the reason they refused you. If you go through my initial statement up, you will see the calculation of the bankstatement. SEK73000 multiply by 3years of study, equals SEK21900, then convert to naira. that is what should be in your account. I had N5.2million in my account. They don\t consider the transactions earlier in your account because i opened my account on 1st Jun and i had my interview on 29th June and i got it. Well i do not work in the embassy but i am only trying to help by supplying information necessary for this visa application. Thans house.
Linda.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by chigsmith: 9:31am On Oct 16, 2009
Linda, are u talking abt MASTERS program or UNDERGRADUATE?

i stil stand to b corrected on dis my program was masters a 2year program and d requested 4 a min of 20 months maintenance at 7300sek/mnth
which is abt 3m. so i need ur answer
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by skynylaw: 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
Is there anyone in the house who can help me out with this question?

IS THERE ANY RESTRICTION AS PER THE BANK WERE YOU MUST GET YOUR
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FROM? (SWIDISH EMBASSY ABUJA)

Any assistance given will be highly appreciated.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by ntutu(m): 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2009
Happy Xmass in Advance all my dearest Forumites.Linda happy to hear about you success in geting VISA.Big CONGRATULATIONS to you dear.It was an easy job.Let keep the faith my friends that were denied VISA and let give them a trial once again for this coming Autumn Semester.I got loads of VISA info now and we all got to be there by September 2010 in Jesus name.Amen
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 2:11am On Dec 19, 2009
As an EU citizen i dont need visa to travel to sweden.am living in naija for 20 years now,can i be allowed to do my masters without paying.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by BoostWealt: 4:40am On Dec 19, 2009
my brother was offered to study scandinavian studies at Halmstad university for spring semester 2010. Just a six months program ie 30 credits. Awaiting embassy decision at the moment.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2010
Hello house,

any EU citizen who is currently living in Nigeria is qualified to travel at any time to Sweden and even if the Swedish University eventually introduce the tuition fee (But they have not introduced it for now) he is exempted from paying school fee. Education is still free for now in Sweden, although they aredebating to introduce tuition fee but there is no conclusion yet in terms of tuition fee. So keep on applying.
Thanks.

Linda.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2010
Hello Chisom,

If you had SEK7300 X 20month (Naira equivelent) in YOUR OWN personal account, then you have 80% sure of getting the visa 'if and only if'; the remaining reqiured documents are not fake. Even if you make mistakes in filling the visa application form, I promise you that you MUST get your residence permit to study in Sweden.
But if the documents are not complete, then you might be denied based on INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS. It is better to be denied a visa based on incomplete documents than to be denied based on FALSE DOCUMENT PRESENTED.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by umbawo(m): 6:15pm On Mar 07, 2010
@ ifeco1a_y2

For ur information , the law on school fees has already being passed,
Read below,
University fees for foreign students studying in Sweden will be introduced in the autumn of 2011, the Swedish government announced on Friday morning.

"We want to compete in the international education market on the quality of Sweden's education system, rather than simply because Sweden's education is free of charge," Krantz said.

"Sweden is one of the easiest countries in the world to apply for a university place, with a large number of foreign students and high number of online courses - but many of these don't complete their studies."

Krantz conceded that numbers may fall initially.

"In the short term it is reasonable to expect that numbers will fall, but Sweden is a knowledge nation, we have strong English skills and many courses are held in English; I am convinced that in the longer term we will continue to attract large numbers of foreign students to Sweden," Krantz said.

The minister confirmed that the government was not at this stage able to specify the level of the new fees but noted as a basic principle that the fees should cover the costs of education provision.

"We will come back with information over how high the charge will be, I can not state how high it is today. It will vary depending on education and place of learning," Krantz said.

Speaking to The Local last May, Anders Steinwall at the education ministry said each university would be able to decide its own fees, but added that the estimated average would amount to 70,000 to 80,000 kronor ($9,500 to $11,000) per year.

The government also announced that two scholarship systems will be introduced.

The first scholarship system, worth 30 million kronor ($4 million) per annum, will be directed at students in the 12 countries with which Sweden holds long-term aid agreements.

The second, amount to 60 million kronor per annum from 2012, will be available for exceptional students.

The fees will be introduced for students from countries outside of the EU/EEA area.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by lad1000: 7:53pm On Mar 10, 2010
I was admitted at Malmo Univversity last year.I also applied for Sweden visa last year but was refused because i had 3.2 million in my account istead of 5 million approximately.I left the money in my account for 2 weeks in my acccount and it was confirmed.Please,i;ll like to know how long the lady at Malmo kept the 5.2 million in her account before her residence permit was granted.Thanks for your co-operation and i will like to hear back from any experienced person soonest.Thanks and God blessssss
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by lad1000: 9:06am On Apr 18, 2010
I was admitted to peace and conflict studies in malmo university last autumn bt was refused visa because the money in my statement of account was not enough.I reapplied to same university but saw unqualified on my page at studera.i've mailed Jallow momodou (international Student Advisor).what do i do before notification of selection are sent out.Take care.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by lad1000: 5:18am On Apr 19, 2010
Someone should please say something as regards my case.Thanks.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by lad1000: 1:08pm On May 13, 2010
Please i will like to ask Linda for the number of weeks i will put the money in my account after the submission of my application at the Swedish Embassy.What i mean is that if i have 5 million in my account on the 31st of May and i submit my application the same day,For how many weeks should i leave the money in my account so that the Embassy will verify the money.Betterstill,how many weeks does it take the Embassy to verify the Statement of account before forwarding the details to the migration board for a decision.Linda,i will like to hear back from you as your response is of great importance to me.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by JagaJaga1: 1:33pm On May 13, 2010
i THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WERE UNQUALIFIED OR WERE YOU ADMITTED AT LAST
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by lad1000: 2:32pm On May 13, 2010
I was later admitted.Infact i was also admitted last year.There was just a mix up before the notification of selection results came out this year.I have posted it here before but it got deleted because of the problem nairaland had some few days back
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by olaoluwa13: 12:49pm On May 14, 2010
my name is raheem olalekan usman , thisismy number08073871851, 08060926251, i have been admitted to study in malmo university but i dont have wayto get account this what Bleep me up last admission this is my second time of getting admision please anybody that have useful information about account should contact me pls raheem_usman@yahoo.com.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by olaoluwa13: 12:52pm On May 14, 2010
please lad help m eoutgive me link about acoount i have been admitted rt now in malmo university but please i need help on account please contact me on raheem_usman@yahoo.com
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by lad1000: 6:16pm On May 17, 2010
Guy,i'm also trying hard to get the required money in my account too.You'll need like 1.7 million for a year program,3.3 to 3.5 million for 2 years program and 5 to 5.2 million for 3 years program.You can keep me updated on your progress.All the best.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by lad1000: 11:30am On May 18, 2010
Hi nairalanders and others. If you realy want to get a Swedish student residence permit, you have to do the following on your own without the help of any one,

1. fill you visa application for properly,
2. submit all the necessary photocopied documents,
3. tax clearance certificate is not compulsory expecially when you are not working for the nigerian government,
4. Bank statement MUST be a real one (STATISTICS SHOWS THAT 95% OF NIGERIANS THAT APPLY FOR THIS SWEDISH STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT PRESENT FAKE/FALSE BANKSTATEMENT) your previous bank transaction at this state is not necessary to the embassy but just the necessary thing is for you to have SEK 219, 000 MULTIPLY BY THE CURRENT EXCHANGE RATE, maybe N19 or N20!
5. There is no much questions at the embassy.
6. Try to be truthfull and you will get your visa like i did.

Some people think that they do not issue visa to student, they do!!! because they gave me. The problem with us is that we always want things to be done in a very fastway. If you do not have anyone who will deposit the money for you inside your own personal account, then forget about applying at all to the embassy because you must become who you still want to irrespective of the country where you are. Many people try to fake thier bank statement before the embassy, they already know that things like that exist. I did not write then for one day to remind them that i applied or to ask them when is my visa going to be ready. They replied me after 6weeks and four days while i had my appointment with the embassy on 29th June,2009. And today, i am writing you from Malmo city. Life is really good in Sweden and their citizens are good and accommodating but make yourself happy anyway you find yourself because individual determine how their society will look like and not the society it self to determine how the individual will be.
IF YOU ARE TRUTHFULL TO BOTH YOUR SELF AND TO OTHERS, THEN, YOU MUST BE SUCCESSFULL IN EVERYTHING YOU DO.
Thank you.

My name is Linda.
you can write me for more details via my email ifeco1a_y2k@yahoo.com

@ Linda,pls i have a vital question for you.How long did you keep the monry in your account before your visa was granted.I will like to hear from you soonest as your response is of great importance to me.
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2010
Hello my dear brothers and sisters,

For information concering the number of weeks one should keep the money in your bank account; My money only lasted for one week form the date i had my interview with the embassy of sweden ie, from (29th June 2009).
Regarding information on who will deposit the money for you; contact your uncles, aunties, other relations. YOU CAN NEVER FAKE IT BECAUSE THEY WILL VERIFY IT.
For information concering those who were unqualified but htey contacted their university to that effect; university do not decied who to admite but there is a central body in Sweden that make the decision as to admission.
Concering the issue about who decide on your sweden student residence permit application which you have submitted; the Swedish migration board decieds that.
How should i book an appointment with the Swedish embassy?; Go to any intercontintal bank near you and ask them that you want to pay for Swedish student visa application. If you live in Lagos, go to apapa arroun Wharlf road and check for any intercontinental bank there.
How long should i wait to get a reply from swedish embassy because i have applied since?; It takes minimum of 2 months to get the reply from them and maximum of 3 months.
DO NOT FORGET TO KEEP YOU BANK TALLERS AS A PROVE OF PAYMENT. THIS INCLUDES THE VISA APPLICATION FEE AND THE MONEY WHICH WAS TRANSFERED INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AS IT IS NEEDED IN THE EMBASSY OF SWEDEN. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND THEY STARTED IT JUST THIS YEAR.

For any additional help feel free to write me (ifeco1a_y2k@yahoo.com

Thanks.

From,
Linda.)
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by emmanuelad: 11:33am On Jun 21, 2010
hey anybody knows about the next result notification in malmo,they said its july pls i need to know thanks cheesy
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by lad1000: 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2010
Has any body gotten a good news fromthe swedish Embassy?
Re: Information About Sweden Visa by lad1000: 8:44pm On Jun 22, 2010
Has anybody gotten a good news from the Swedish Embassy,Abuja? Good luck to us all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES / I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures / My Trip To Kenya In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.